Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! (5831 Views)

American Lady Shuts Down Nigerian Women Advising Her Against Dating Nigerian Men / American Lady Reveals Why She Loves Dating Nigerian Men Over Her Countrymen(vid) / Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by hollandis(f): 6:58am On Jun 23, 2018
Saviour22:
tell hollandis that the Bsuedu of a person is and African american lady. And PS. The op Is a troll tongue

God will punish the two both of them for making me use my last data kb on them

May they experience poverty this year angry

THREAD OFFICIALLY CLOSED
Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by falcon01: 7:01am On Jun 23, 2018
hollandis:

You foolish?
no am not. Are you?

1 Like

Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 23, 2018
khiaa:

I know the op is a troll that is why I gave the stupid advice. grin Who is hollandis? Bsuedu is AA.
u are smart grin.
Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by hollandis(f): 7:08am On Jun 23, 2018
khiaa:

I know the op is a troll that is why I gave the stupid advice. grin Who is hollandis? Bsuedu is AA.

What is AA? No be only AA na AS
It's either you are American or African

Mtchewww
Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by Nobody: 7:09am On Jun 23, 2018
hollandis:

THREAD OFFICIALLY CLOSED
well welcome to Nl where people create foolish thread just to be popular.have a nice day
Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by khiaa(f): 7:10am On Jun 23, 2018
hollandis:

What is AA? No be only AA na AS
It's either you are American or African

Mtchewww

You can be both, just like a person can be both Irish and German. undecided
Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by khiaa(f): 7:13am On Jun 23, 2018
Saviour22:
u are smart grin.

Thanks. smiley

1 Like

Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by hollandis(f): 7:14am On Jun 23, 2018
That makes sense Irish and German but African American is a useless designation
Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 23, 2018
smiley
Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by khiaa(f): 7:34am On Jun 23, 2018
hollandis:
That makes sense Irish and German but African American is a useless designation

Africa is a continent and America is a continent, a person can be from both continents. undecided

1 Like

Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by N0favors: 8:12am On Jun 23, 2018
CaptJeffry:
Are you waiting to hear that he has been admitted in a psychiatric hospital before you believe he's sick. undecided
grin grin grin
Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by hollandis(f): 8:22am On Jun 23, 2018
khiaa:

Africa is a continent and America is a continent, a person can be from both continents. undecided
Lost tribe . They are Americans full stop
It's this stupid designation that begets racism
Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by khiaa(f): 8:29am On Jun 23, 2018
hollandis:

Lost tribe . They are Americans full stop
It's this stupid designation that begets racism

What does racism have to do with it and who are you to tell me who my people are/are not? angry

1 Like

Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by austyn0(m): 8:42am On Jun 23, 2018
Bsuedu:

My dear, that is what abusers do. They make you feel like you are deficient and that their behavior is normal. And because they are usually charmers, friends and family wont believe you are being abused.

A man treating you this way is acceptable bc he's Nigerian?? I dont understand the questions you are asking.
Bluntly, based on what you are saying, you are being emotionally abused. I would also like to say kindly that you might be giving off some vibe that is attracting abusive men to you. I believe you are American. There are domestic violence support groups in your city. Please find yourself at one. If I knew where you lived, I would come get you myself

hollandis:

Come get you kwa
Instead of you to advise the lady ,you are wooing her
Typical Nigerian mentality
Taking advantage of vulnerable women
How is that statment taking advantage of women?? It also turns out the adviser was a lady....The way some black ladies de reason sometimes de tire me.

1 Like

Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 23, 2018
hollandis:

Come get you kwa
Instead of you to advise the lady ,you are wooing her
Typical Nigerian mentality
Taking advantage of vulnerable women

Typical Nigerian mentality, thinking everybody be criminal!

1 Like

Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 23, 2018
khiaa:

I know the op is a troll that is why I gave the stupid advice. grin Who is hollandis? Bsuedu is AA and female.

You thought op is a troll?? I must get better with my detecting skills? Ok, so what did u think of the poster who claims to be looking for a nigerian wife who lives in America now,I had some thoughts about that.

1 Like

Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 23, 2018
hollandis:

THREAD OFFICIALLY CLOSED

Thunder fire you for saying that.

1 Like

Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 23, 2018
CaptJeffry:
That boy is sick. His threads litter Nairaland and if you go through all of them, you'll understand he needs a doctor.
Every sane Nigerian man reveres his mother unlike an American who can insult him mom even without lighting a cigarette let alone smoking weed.

Just curious about something, is this a personal observation or what you have seen in media portrayal? Meaning movies, tv? Cuz I dont know anyone that speaks to their mother like this. Not saying it doesnt ever happen, bc in any large society, there are bad apples. I contend that no decent person will call anyone out of their name, especially their own mother.
Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 23, 2018
You guys, your detecting skills are top notch. I need to be like you.
Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:26am On Jun 23, 2018
HeWrites:

This is not a matter of hearing from other party.. Seems you don't read

"He grabbed my neck slightly and told me I’m not going anywhere."

He's an animal.
No wise man will judge a matter without first hearing from both parties. Meanwhile, the whole story looked fake and cooked

1 Like

Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by ElsonMorali: 11:59am On Jun 23, 2018
Ariella25:

Thank you for being so thorough. The only reason I posted on this site is because a lot of the times he will tell me that this is typical Nigerian/African/Caribbean behavior and that I need to date a white guy because that’s all that will want me. And that’s not what I want undecided

This has got nothing to do with Nigeria.

Most Nigerian men treat their wives like their queen. It's the default setting for most Nigerian men.

You know why? Because it's very rare to see a Nigerian man who doesn't adore his mom.

Take a trip to Nigeria and find out.
Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by hollandis(f): 12:15pm On Jun 23, 2018
khiaa:

What does racism have to do with it and who are you to tell me who my people are/are not? angry

Your people ?
Who exactly is your people ?
Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by hollandis(f): 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2018
austyn0:

How is that statment taking advantage of women?? It also turns out the adviser was a lady....The way some black ladies de reason sometimes de tire me.
Black lady ? Another white loving Nigerian man .Inferiority complex

1 Like

Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by hollandis(f): 12:18pm On Jun 23, 2018
Bsuedu:

Thunder fire you for saying that.

The lightning that will strike you on the day of of NGR /ARG match just registered for the gym and is doing press up
Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 3:33pm On Jun 23, 2018
shocked

So home is hungering this nigga His village people are strong sha
Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by iRepNaija1: 1:48am On Jun 24, 2018
Ariella25:

Thank you for being so thorough. The only reason I posted on this site is because a lot of the times he will tell me that this is typical Nigerian/African/Caribbean behavior and that I need to date a white guy because that’s all that will want me. And that’s not what I want undecided

He's just trying to tear you down by continuously attacking your self-worth. If you are the least bit insecure (which I don't think you are), his tactics will work. I hope everything works out.
Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by khiaa(f): 4:56am On Jun 24, 2018
hollandis:

Your people ?
Who exactly is your people ?

African Americans are my people. undecided
Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by hollandis(f): 5:14am On Jun 24, 2018
You mean Americans ?
Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by khiaa(f): 5:26am On Jun 24, 2018
hollandis:
You mean Americans ?

Damn, are you stuck on stupid and glued to dumb? grin I mean African Americans, not Latin Americans, Asian Americans, European Americans, Caribbean Americans, Arab Americans, we are not all the same. Stop freaking trolling. undecided

1 Like

Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by Bass123(m): 6:03am On Jun 24, 2018
Ariella25:
So this is going to be a long story but I have been dating this Nigerian man for awhile. At the beginning he was nice, attentive, communicative, giving etc and seemed like the ideal man. He’d always compliment me on how sweet and soft spoken I was too. The only thing that made me weary was his father was abusive towards his mother. I had recently been in an abusive relationship as well but he assured me he didn’t hit women bc of his mom. He was always praising her too. I was always told to look at how a man treats his mother so I felt like that attitude was good.

Not long after we had a very deep convo about abuse in relationships and he seemed to kind of take his fathers side saying it was her fault for staying and “some people are just weak while others are strong.” I told him I felt that was slightly insensitive and he just said “I wasn’t saying you’re weak, I’m just saying some people are.” So I just let it go. Sometimes he’d say how he hated women but shortly after he’d take it back.

But now he’s a completely different person. I don’t mind a little jealousy and control but everything has to be exactly how he wants it. Any time I interact with the opposite sex I feel like he punishes me. If I talk to his friends he calls them my “boyfriend” and says go be with them. He says how he can’t trust women because his father said women are the devil. If he flirts with another woman in my face and confront him he just tells me to stop speaking and says this is why he should go date a white girl bc they aren't hard headed (I’m mixed). When I don’t listen or he’s mad he’ll ignore me for a long time. And on top of that his mommas boy attitude changed. He will purposely ignore her calls. He’s let me listen to voicemails of her crying and he just laughs and deletes it. He flip flops between saying he loves her and calling her annoying/ a b*tch.

The thing is he is seemingly only like this with the females in the family and now me. Around other women he is charming and fun. When I brought this up in an argument he said it was because “he actually likes them but hates me.” Only to deny saying it a week later. I told him I’m tired and needed space but he grabbed my neck lightly and told me I’m not going anywhere. But now he’s back to ignoring me.

I hate to stereotype but my friend who is half Nigerian and also dated one for 7 years said it only gets worse and to watch out bc they can be abusive. But I feel like he's not like that he just gets annoyed with me. Is this typical Nigerian behavior? If I act better will he be nicer to me?
Why is life this unfair. I am currently going through such relationship as a male from a woman � although, she's not abusive but I love her too much. I virtually does everything to please her but in my presence she'll call a guy and told me that is her boyfriend and she's not in love with me. That we are just friends with benefits but I told her we are more than that.
Girl, that is not Nigeria �� trait whatever, but your guy will abuse you in future. Just like I am beginning to care less so should you abort this relationship I repeat abort this relationship I repeat abort this relationship. Life is unfair!
Re: American Woman Dating Nigerian Man! Please Help!! by xendra: 8:05am On Jun 24, 2018
Ariella25:
So this is going to be a long story but I have been dating this Nigerian man for awhile. At the beginning he was nice, attentive, communicative, giving etc and seemed like the ideal man. He’d always compliment me on how sweet and soft spoken I was too. The only thing that made me weary was his father was abusive towards his mother. I had recently been in an abusive relationship as well but he assured me he didn’t hit women bc of his mom. He was always praising her too. I was always told to look at how a man treats his mother so I felt like that attitude was good.

Not long after we had a very deep convo about abuse in relationships and he seemed to kind of take his fathers side saying it was her fault for staying and “some people are just weak while others are strong.” I told him I felt that was slightly insensitive and he just said “I wasn’t saying you’re weak, I’m just saying some people are.” So I just let it go. Sometimes he’d say how he hated women but shortly after he’d take it back.

But now he’s a completely different person. I don’t mind a little jealousy and control but everything has to be exactly how he wants it. Any time I interact with the opposite sex I feel like he punishes me. If I talk to his friends he calls them my “boyfriend” and says go be with them. He says how he can’t trust women because his father said women are the devil. If he flirts with another woman in my face and confront him he just tells me to stop speaking and says this is why he should go date a white girl bc they aren't hard headed (I’m mixed). When I don’t listen or he’s mad he’ll ignore me for a long time. And on top of that his mommas boy attitude changed. He will purposely ignore her calls. He’s let me listen to voicemails of her crying and he just laughs and deletes it. He flip flops between saying he loves her and calling her annoying/ a b*tch.

The thing is he is seemingly only like this with the females in the family and now me. Around other women he is charming and fun. When I brought this up in an argument he said it was because “he actually likes them but hates me.” Only to deny saying it a week later. I told him I’m tired and needed space but he grabbed my neck lightly and told me I’m not going anywhere. But now he’s back to ignoring me.

I hate to stereotype but my friend who is half Nigerian and also dated one for 7 years said it only gets worse and to watch out bc they can be abusive. But I feel like he's not like that he just gets annoyed with me. Is this typical Nigerian behavior? If I act better will he be nicer to me?
if this story is true then you are a very big Ode if you continue with that relationship. most of these Nigeria men with problems usually go for foreign women with low self esteem because they will allow them control the way a sensible Nigerian lady will never tolerate. you see the handwriting on the wall.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Come And Marry Me Before Boys Turn The 'place' To A Manhole - Ghanaian Actress, / This Married Man Seem To Have Married His Wife Out Of Pity? / Mention D Person U Miss most in the room On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.