Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:44 PM

I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS (3126 Views)

My Friends Abuse Me Because I'm Schooling... / I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ / University Graduate Celebrated By His Friends In A "Mad" Way (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by Amakababe(f): 10:35pm On Jun 22, 2018
i just finished my 100 level 1st semester. I worked so hard, i deserve a furst class also. 6 of my engineering female friends are in 4.5 above with 2 having a perfect 5.0 perfect GPA, and I'm here struggling with a 0.2gpa.

Pls help me on how to cope with this, i feel inferior to them always
Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by UrVillagePelsin(m): 10:46pm On Jun 22, 2018
How can you be struggling with 0.2 GPA and you said you deserve a First Class....

Here's my advice..... STOP WORKING HARD AND START WORKING SMART.....

tongue tongue tongue

9 Likes

Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by bizza45: 10:58pm On Jun 22, 2018
how did u even gain admission 1st? my best advise, apply for withdrawal and go and open a mechanic shop , school no b for u @all

5 Likes

Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by Amakababe(f): 10:59pm On Jun 22, 2018
UrVillagePelsin:
How can you be struggling with 0.2 GPA and you said you deserve a First Class....

tongue tongue tongue
bizza45:
how did u even gain admission 1st? my best advise, apply for withdrawal and go and open a mechanic shop , school no b for u @all

Pls help me, how do i stop feeling this way, i believe i can do better, as i have the 2nd semester planned out
Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by UrVillagePelsin(m): 11:01pm On Jun 22, 2018
bizza45:
cheesy grin....i wonder what's making him feel intimidated self.....

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by UrVillagePelsin(m): 11:04pm On Jun 22, 2018
Amakababe:

Pls help me, how do i stop feeling this way, i believe i can do better, as i have the 2nd semester planned out
Just stop using others as yardstick for your success...... Pray, work smart and be determined.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by NosoChic: 11:43pm On Jun 22, 2018
Amakababe is 0.2 your best that you can do?
Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by ednut1(m): 11:53pm On Jun 22, 2018
U clearly need to see a doc as ur head no correct. Beta drop out go learn trade. 0.2 gp and u think u go cross to 200l

1 Like

Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by Gmajor(m): 8:04am On Jun 23, 2018
This story is hogwash. Even in a state university, you will surely repeat the level with such a gp
Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by Fourwinds: 8:20am On Jun 23, 2018
Oboy see the way my eye just pop out...na GP I dey see so....

don't ever compare someone with yourself if you want to make it in life....

it is a strategy by the evil one....many have committed suicide through such means.....run at your pace....

if your friends can read for two hours for what you can read for four hours to comprehend...then follow your strength and stop using their standard...

you will definitely make it...take note: you are important to the world...someone is waiting to receive you...if you wish to chat up with me on WhatsApp indicate

5 Likes

Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by footballflaver: 8:27am On Jun 23, 2018
UrVillagePelsin:
cheesy grin....i wonder what's making him feel intimidated self.....
it's a she
Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by Amakababe(f): 8:36am On Jun 23, 2018
Fourwinds:
Oboy see the way my eye just pop out...na GP I dey see so....

don't ever compare someone with yourself if you want to make it in life....

it is a strategy by the evil one....many have committed suicide through such means.....run at your pace....

if your friends can read for two hours for what you can read for four hours to comprehend...then follow your strength and stop using their standard...

you will definitely make it...take note: you are important to the world...someone is waiting to receive you...if you wish to chat up with me on WhatsApp indicate
thank you
Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by Amakababe(f): 8:37am On Jun 23, 2018
NosoChic:
Amakababe is 0.2 your best that you can do?
no
Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by Amakababe(f): 8:38am On Jun 23, 2018
UrVillagePelsin:

Just stop using others as yardstick for your success...... Pray, work smart and be determined.
thanks
Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 23, 2018
This is serious woh grin

"Be yourself, try your best"

You are unique, you have your own talent, nobody should intimidate you, I repeat nobody get it...

let me tell you something a friend( ahead of our set by a year) of mine graduated with 2.2 , some guys in his group where throwing jabs at him saying how can he study common science course & still score so low, they made an impression that his destiny is a class room teacher while they are NNPC & shell material since they did engineering, graduated with 1st class & 2.1

Do you know what.

The dude is currently with CBN while they are still unemployed grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by Amakababe(f): 9:12am On Jun 23, 2018
Jiang:
This is serious woh grin

"Be yourself, try your best"

You are unique, you have your own talent, nobody should intimidate you, I repeat nobody get it...

let me tell you something a friend( ahead of our set by a year) of mine graduated with 2.2 , some guys in his group where throwing jabs at him saying how can he study common science course & still score so low, they made an impression that his destiny is a class room teacher while they are NNPC & shell material since they did engineering, graduated with 1st class & 2.1

Do you know what.

The dude is currently with CBN while they are still unemployed grin
thabks
Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by Benblaq(m): 9:19am On Jun 23, 2018
With all the morales and uplifting advices from hearty nairalanders on your other post, you're still not good to go.
PRAYER
DELIVERANCE
REFORM
INTENSIVE MONITORING.
that's all you need.
Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by potbelly(m): 9:56am On Jun 23, 2018
Is engineering your desired discipline or it was forced on you?
If it's not better switch, if it is then you need to improve yourself...
These your friends that are having First Class, try study with them if they study together, use materials they use (very important), you will definitely get better with time...
If they are truly your friends, they will want to see you improve and they will push you to become good as well...
R

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by flames007(m): 10:12am On Jun 23, 2018
Amakababe:
i just finished my 100 level 1st semester. I worked so hard, i deserve a furst class also. 6 of my engineering female friends are in 4.5 above with 2 having a perfect 5.0 perfect GPA, and I'm here struggling with a 0.2gpa.

hello amaka.
I will advise you with my own story.

when I was in primary school,I was a smart kid who wanted to study engineering when I grew up.but I hated maths like Superman hates kryptonite.
other subjects I was always above average.

All this continued until I reached Jss3.we'd just finished our third term exam and it was time to share exam results scripts. they shared all other subjects. I did well above average. I had friends I used to compete with as to who will get d highest score.we'd show ourselves our scores when each received his own script.

But it got to d point when maths would be shared.my friends got theirs before me I'd seen their score. lovely scores.mine came,lo and behold what I saw gave me instant headache.I got 15/60.it was a record low.my friends asked to see my script but I lied that they hadn't shared mine.the point is-i was thoroughly ashamed to let anyone see that score. it would totally wreck my reputation among my friends.

I went home and cried seriously. but one thing I did was to tell myself that I'd do whatever it took to master maths no matter what.when I got to ss1,O gathered all the maths textbooks we used from jss1 ,2 and three combined with my new Ss1 textbooks. I consumed their contents voraciously. I became obsessed with maths.anything I did was maths. I solved maths first thing in the morning,before I went to bed. every time and everywhere. it got to a point the best student in class had noticed this and came to ask me one day "do you want to kill yourself with maths?".

My hard work paid off.I became top three best in maths on my set.woulda even gone for cowbell competition buh wasn't as hot as the top two.

So my advice is simple. locate where your problem lies.tackle it like ur life depends on it.you might have to quit some friends and social interactions for the time cos you will need to read constantly. I'm talking long hours like 6 hours straight every single day.it's hard but you can do it.you won't die either. that's the sacrifice you have to make.don't listen to anybody saying that engineering is not for you.its not too late to fix it since you're still in 100L.
Good luck!

8 Likes

Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by Martinez19(m): 10:56am On Jun 23, 2018
That feeling is inevitable and it's worse is if your friends are the type that are condescending and they rub it in your face.
If your friends are the bolded, leave them. They are not meant to be your friends.
If they are not, I would advise you still hang around with them for academic help where need be. If the feeling of inferiority is overwhelming, I suggest you distance yourself from them a little and look for a stranger that has first class to help you out or you work on your own following the advice I gave you earlier.

#keepyourheadup wink
Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by Dahunsi228(m): 11:04am On Jun 23, 2018
you don't need to tell me that you are a futmite

ur GPA can't flash any number

prof uno don catch you
Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by ItzChinnex(m): 1:37pm On Jun 23, 2018
UrVillagePelsin:

tongue tongue tongue

Bro thankio. Most of these year 1 thinks it's all about working hard. She should ask those her friends the way.
Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by owomida1: 2:01pm On Jun 23, 2018
ednut1:
U clearly need to see a doc as ur head no correct. Beta drop out go learn trade. 0.2 gp and u think u go cross to 200l

Lolz. As funny as this is, I implore u to encourage her.
Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2018
Amaka Amaka Amaka ! How many times did i call you?

Try your possible best to graduate with at 2 1... But Babe, Pray for Grace. The feeling of Intimidation shouldn't be around u pls.. Just run ur race.. No look another man directions..

Then ensure before you leave school you acquire a skill.. Preferably IT skills.. From graphic design to web development/Programming , or even Excel!! You will always have something to offer!
Have a great day love
Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by babasolution: 3:26pm On Jun 23, 2018
Amakababe:

how come 6girls are in first class in an engineering course this is a big lie

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by Rigel95(m): 3:36pm On Jun 23, 2018
First of all, don't leave those friends, they will be useful in one way or the other to you.

Search deep within yourself and find out how best you understand/assimilate.

Don't compare yourself with them too much or you will become discouraged easily from your objectives because they already know the winning formula.

Now let me give you my own winning formula.

N.B: it is not set in stone, you can modify to suit yourself.

1.Read what you learnt in lecture the same day(two hours should be enough).

2.Never miss any deadline for submission (projects and assignment et al).

3.Don't be shy to approach your friends with better standing to put you through difficult areas.

Generally speaking, the key to success in school is doing the right thing at the right time- and understanding yourself. I have a friend who watches movies, plays video games any time after lectures , he onlybreads a few days to tests or exams(his lowest GPA was 4.88). Now if I should try to copy him I would be in trouble!

Take care and work smarter!
Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by JARUSHUB: 3:57pm On Jun 23, 2018
Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 23, 2018
Go learn tailor
Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by vision2050: 4:32pm On Jun 23, 2018
make up story/ fiction, not true.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by ZoeyJ(f): 5:52pm On Jun 23, 2018
btw una wey like free airtime. Check the link in my profile. no use big boy miss this offer. It came out yesterday or so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel Intimidated Around My Friends In FIRST CLASS by Deckline(m): 8:11pm On Jun 23, 2018
Useless post! Absolutely ridiculous and incongrous!! Crinkum-cankrum and fallacious! Ridiculous and appalling! The stupid op is a definition of somebody who is full of pefidy and mendancity and this useless post lacks optuse perpendicularity. You were simply destined to be a zoo attendant!! Sho lo stupid ni?!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Titration - End Point Problems / Top Ten Student Entrepreneurs To Watch Out For In Lagos State / Free Assignment Solver[whatsapp Group] BESTBRAINS!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.