Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew (23395 Views)

Nothing Is Cheap Again. The Corned Beef Noodles I Prepared With 1500. Hmmm... / Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew / Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by vinegurl(f): 2:45am On Jun 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-QQXX7qWUc

Corned beef stew is a simple red stew made with canned corned beef, it is usually served over boiled macaroni or spaghetti and it goes well with Irish potatoes.

If you have never tried out minced meat stew before, this corned beef stew is for you, it is very is to prepare and indeed an easy breakfast or dinner recipe that doesn’t require much task. All you need is a can of corned beef, few spices and you’re good to go.

Corned beef stew can also be prepared with already made stew, if you have already prepared tomato stew in the freezer; all you need to do is to bring it out to defrost it before you embark on this stew preparation. However, you can just prepare the stew afresh just the way I did from scratch and make sure you go easy with the spices especially the salt since corned beef already contain a good amount of salt in it, you may not even need salt at all.
See the steps below and learn how to make corned beef stew and also watch the YouTube video above and SUBSCRIBE.

Corned beef stew ingredients

• 1 canned corned beef
• 2 red bell peppers
• 2 table spoons tomato paste
• 5 medium fresh tomatoes
• 2 habanero peppers
• 1-teaspoon curry powder
• 1-teaspoon thyme
• 1-2 stock cubes
• Dried pepper to taste
• Salt to taste

Steps on How to Prepare Corned beef stew

1. Combined the peppers with tomatoes and blend into a smooth consistency and strain out excess water.
2. Chop onion into stripes, mix the tomato paste with a little water and set aside.
3. Place a pan on heat, add oil just enough to fry the tomato, add the onion first and sauté until fragrant.
4. Add the tomato paste and stir-fry for 5 minutes add the tomato puree and fry until the liquid and the tangy taste disappear.
5. Season the stew with thyme, curry and pepper and stock cubes and stir well to combine.
6. Add water to the stew to adjust it thickness, (once you add the corned beef it will become thickened). You may not need salt since corned
beef is a little bit salty.
7. Take out the corned beef from the can and break into tiny pieces with a spoon, add it to the stew and stir well and leave to cook for 5
minutes on medium heat. You can add more water it appears too thick and cook for another 5 minutes on low heat.
8. Take off the corned beef stew from heat and serve over boiled spaghetti or macaroni.

Thank you Guys for scoring those two wonderful goals even without NEPA Light sef undecided undecided

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by Seahawk: 6:34am On Jun 24, 2018
Nice. I’ll make it
vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-QQXX7qWUc

Corned beef stew is a simple red stew made with canned corned beef, it is usually served over boiled macaroni or spaghetti and it goes well with Irish potatoes.

If you have never tried out minced meat stew before, this corned beef stew is for you, it is very is to prepare and indeed an easy breakfast or dinner recipe that doesn’t require much task. All you need is a can of corned beef, few spices and you’re good to go.

Corned beef stew can also be prepared with already made stew, if you have already prepared tomato stew in the freezer; all you need to do is to bring it out to defrost it before you embark on this stew preparation. However, you can just prepare the stew afresh just the way I did from scratch and make sure you go easy with the spices especially the salt since corned beef already contain a good amount of salt in it, you may not even need salt at all.
See the steps below and learn how to make corned beef stew and also watch the YouTube video above and SUBSCRIBE.

Corned beef stew ingredients

• 1 canned corned beef
• 2 red bell peppers
• 2 table spoons tomato paste
• 5 medium fresh tomatoes
• 2 habanero peppers
• 1-teaspoon curry powder
• 1-teaspoon thyme
• 1-2 stock cubes
• Dried pepper to taste
• Salt to taste

Steps on How to Prepare Corned beef stew

1. Combined the peppers with tomatoes and blend into a smooth consistency and strain out excess water.
2. Chop onion into stripes, mix the tomato paste with a little water and set aside.
3. Place a pan on heat, add oil just enough to fry the tomato, add the onion first and sauté until fragrant.
4. Add the tomato paste and stir-fry for 5 minutes add the tomato puree and fry until the liquid and the tangy taste disappear.
5. Season the stew with thyme, curry and pepper and stock cubes and stir well to combine.
6. Add water to the stew to adjust it thickness, (once you add the corned beef it will become thickened). You may not need salt since corned
beef is a little bit salty.
7. Take out the corned beef from the can and break into tiny pieces with a spoon, add it to the stew and stir well and leave to cook for 5
minutes on medium heat. You can add more water it appears too thick and cook for another 5 minutes on low heat.
8. Take off the corned beef stew from heat and serve over boiled spaghetti or macaroni.

Cc. Lalasticlala
Oboinascopy
Mynd44
Seun
Ishilove
Jummiefoodie
Cococandy
Jagugu88li
Fynestboi
Dominique
Angelsss
KimberlyWest
Queenitee. Thank you Guys for scoring those two wonderful goals even without NEPA Light sef undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by Kelamma(m): 6:39am On Jun 24, 2018
My on the go stew back then in Uni grin

I don't put fresh tomatoes. Just tin tomatoes,onions and dry pepper that mumsy had packaged for me.

Mumsy was of the opinion that I would not be able to go to market to buy meat or fish, so she dey arrange corn beef and sardines for me. Make I dey get nutrients grin

God bless my Mom.
"Chukwu biko gozie eee, ochie dike mama......"

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by mickeyenglish(m): 6:40am On Jun 24, 2018

First, nice recipe.
Secondly, you see all these "habanero and redball" pepper should be transcribe into our local dialect. The one we can understand. If it's "Ata Rodo", or "dawa" or "shombo", pls put it up there so that we can know. I won't want to go to the market and start shout "habanero" at the local Iya alata. Learn to communicate with the existing language within your sociolininguistic setting.
Thirdly, you bleeped up with the choice of food to go with it. Spaghetti embarassed Macaroni :- and, Irish Potatoes angry ?. You mean after wasting my time in the kitchen to do this kind of beef stew recipe?are we Italians or from Catalonia ? Not all of us on Nairaland are Slayqueens and #lazynigerianyouths. Abeg put Rice, Rice and beans combo and, Yam as edible meals to go with it jhoor.

Post No Bill

154 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by opeyehmmy(m): 6:40am On Jun 24, 2018
Hmmmm.
Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by dominique(f): 6:41am On Jun 24, 2018
Is it not normal stew which you add corned beef to?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by paddyofboss(m): 6:44am On Jun 24, 2018
Ever seen cat food

3 Likes

Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by Viralkid: 6:44am On Jun 24, 2018
omo see Sunday chop!!
Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by nuelzy: 6:45am On Jun 24, 2018
Corned beef?? Asin the beef has corn inside

I suck at anything kitchen... Xcept to dish food..

3 Likes

Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by ODUBEZE: 6:47am On Jun 24, 2018
Nice but I would rather eat it with boiled plantain either ripe or unripe wink

6 Likes

Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by MrOjay1(m): 6:48am On Jun 24, 2018
grin
Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by symbianDON(m): 6:48am On Jun 24, 2018
I fear corned beef of these days o!....make person no go chop corned cat meat abi corned snake meat......chinese people de vex no be small grin

8 Likes

Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by inoki247: 6:52am On Jun 24, 2018
when d food is ready please wake me up...
Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by Christafarian(m): 6:54am On Jun 24, 2018
You have done well, Vinegurl.
Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by geekybabe(f): 6:55am On Jun 24, 2018
Corned beef? Canned food?

Why not just use meat mince? It's tastier, better, healthier and richer. You can even spice with veggies.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by geekybabe(f): 6:57am On Jun 24, 2018
dominique:
Abi o cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 24, 2018
angry
Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by weazzy(m): 6:57am On Jun 24, 2018
open sheh na groundnut oil or red oil u for specify for we novice
Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by babasolo(m): 7:03am On Jun 24, 2018
mickeyenglish:

First, nice recipe.
Secondly, you see all these "habanero and redball" pepper should be transcribe into our local dialect. The one we can understand. If it's "Ata Rodo", or "dawa" or "shombo", pls put it up there so that we can know. I won't want to go to the market and start shout "habanero" at the local Iya alata. Learn to communicate with the existing language within your sociolininguist setting.
Thirdly, you bleeped up with the choice of food to go with it. Spaghetti embarassed Macaroni :- and, Irish Potatoes angry ?. You mean after wasting my time in the kitchen to do this kind of beef stew recipe?are we Italians or from Catalonia ? Not all of us on Nairaland are Slayqueens and #lazynigerianyouths. Abeg put Rice, Rice and beans combo and, Yam as edible meals to go with it jhoor.

Post No Bill
grin cheesy cheesy grin
Pls pls it's too early to start making me laugh, Kilode..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by 100bands: 7:09am On Jun 24, 2018
cool
Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by billyG(m): 7:10am On Jun 24, 2018
Corn beef ke!wey dey very salty with all d chemical preservatives like sodium nitrate,why not buy organic beef,grind it in a blender & make corn beef stew....my people runawy from canned food it is carcinogenic.

16 Likes

Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by Munzy14(m): 7:11am On Jun 24, 2018
Vinegurl moderators just remembered your ministry. Please keep it coming with the palatable mouth watering dishes.... Make we the learn.
Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by batstan(m): 7:12am On Jun 24, 2018
mickeyenglish:

First, nice recipe.
Secondly, you see all these "habanero and redball" pepper should be transcribe into our local dialect. The one we can understand. If it's "Ata Rodo", or "dawa" or "shombo", pls put it up there so that we can know. I won't want to go to the market and start shout "habanero" at the local Iya alata. Learn to communicate with the existing language within your sociolininguist setting.

Post No Bill

Even sef, Amala, Tuwon Shinkafa or Akpu /Fufu.
Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by dominique(f): 7:12am On Jun 24, 2018
geekybabe:

Why not just use meat mince? It's tastier, better, healthier and richer. You can even spice with veggies.

Are the peas and corn in your stew not canned. Looks nice sha. I need to be coming to this food section more often, I'm getting so many ideas smiley

4 Likes

Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by Recruitmentform: 7:18am On Jun 24, 2018
[quote author=vinegurl
[/quote]
How can i contact you dear
Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by heskeyw(m): 7:27am On Jun 24, 2018
how much is corned beef?
Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by Intrepid01(m): 7:29am On Jun 24, 2018
geekybabe:

Come and help me prepare it....don't ignore a bachelor's honest request embarassed
Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by Lalas247(f): 7:30am On Jun 24, 2018
dominique:
Yes lol
But using canned beef not really good ... use mince meat and add carrots, sweet corn peas... goes better with spaghetti or pasta ..
This recipe Issa pot belle banker wink

1 Like

Re: Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew by Lalas247(f): 7:32am On Jun 24, 2018
dominique:

Are the peas and corn in your stew not canned. Looks nice sha. I need to be coming to this food section more often, I'm getting so many ideas smiley
You can use fresh ones....
only one canned is green giant sweet corn if you can get that it still holds it’s nutrients ...

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Delicious Moi Moi Am Cooking / How Much Is A Plate Of Food In Your Area Now? / Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.