Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building (4643 Views)

Ongoing Painting And Graffitex Application Of An Nnewi Edifice / Picture From Ongoing Painting Of A Rebuilt Propertylander's Build / Wall Screeding With Ready Mix Putty and painting pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by gbadexy(m): 4:40am On Jun 23, 2018
It's with pleasure as usual to post this painting pictures, but doubled because the client is an old client I had supplied previously and this present project color and paint quality is attracting positive reviews and attention in the neighborhood.
The building had hairline cracks all over and it was first filled with a coat of primer.

Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by gbadexy(m): 4:43am On Jun 23, 2018
More

Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by gbadexy(m): 4:45am On Jun 23, 2018
Continuation

Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by gbadexy(m): 4:49am On Jun 23, 2018
More

Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 23, 2018
Lol are you still single? lipsrsealed
Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 23, 2018
Lol are you still single? :-XLol are you still single?
Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by gbadexy(m): 7:40am On Jun 23, 2018
Amakavula:
Lol are you still single? lipsrsealed
No ma'am, I'm happily married.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by adewaleID: 8:01am On Jun 23, 2018
Nice job grin
Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by gbadexy(m): 8:21am On Jun 23, 2018
adewaleID:
Nice job grin
Thank you very much sir.
Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by mufutau55(m): 1:48pm On Jun 23, 2018
Good paints and an excellent painter always make a difference.
Going lovely.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by gbadexy(m): 10:17am On Jun 24, 2018
mufutau55:
Good paints and an excellent painter always make a difference.
Going lovely.

Hajji M.
Thank you for your ever ready support sir. I'm very grateful.
Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by gbadexy(m): 10:03am On Jun 25, 2018
more updates to come shortly...
Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by Juokorow(m): 8:19pm On Jun 30, 2018
gbadexy:
more updates to come shortly...
Why are houses in Nigeria not preped with primer before main paint/colors? Does screeding offset the need for primer coat? How much is your drum of primer? Look forward to joining your list of satisfied customers!
Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by gbadexy(m): 9:12pm On Jun 30, 2018
Juokorow:

Why are houses in Nigeria not preped with primer before main paint/colors? Does screeding offset the need for primer coat? How much is your drum of primer? Look forward to joining your list of satisfied customers!
Nothing beats priming sir. priming is wall preparation and the type of primer I supply depends on the purpose.
screeded walls too could be screeded after it has been sand papered so that the surface isn't powdery or loose. Silk, matte and satin would last longer on such surface.
The primer in the building in this thread was formulated to be thick on application so as to fill up the numerous hairline cracks and it was sand papered smooth before matte emulsion was applied on it. This type of primer is different from the type meant for a screeded wall.
The internal painting of this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/4577692/painted-pictures-nairalanders-magboro-house#68970135 was painted with matte emulsion.
The painter couldn't get me a better picture to show it properly but the wall was not screeded even though the plastering was smooth. It had to be primed with with a primer similar to that used on screeded wall so as to cover and fill up the tiny pores on cement plaster before applying the matte so that they don't show through the paint.
primers are basically wall preparations to make the surface the final paint would be applied on stable and smooth for a better and longer lasting coat.
The primer is N4500 per drum and N5000 for the one meant for powdery screeded surface.
Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by gbadexy(m): 7:12pm On Aug 12, 2018
Concluding pictures of the external painting.
There was delays due to the season

Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by mufutau55(m): 7:16pm On Aug 12, 2018
gbadexy:
Concluding pictures of the external painting.
There was delays due to the season

Very good, finally.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by gbadexy(m): 8:23pm On Aug 12, 2018
mufutau55:

Very good, finally.

Hajji M.
Thank you sir.
Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by gbadexy(m): 12:05pm On Aug 13, 2018
Continuation

Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by sako28: 9:29pm On Sep 21, 2018
Any place to get your product in port Harcourt.
Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by gbadexy(m): 11:00pm On Sep 21, 2018
sako28:
Any place to get your product in port Harcourt.

I can supply to ph.
Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by sako28: 11:44am On Sep 22, 2018
gbadexy:

I can supply to ph.

OK. That will be nice. So how will go about it.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by gbadexy(m): 12:17pm On Sep 22, 2018
sako28:

OK. That will be nice. So how will go about it.
you can contact me via whatsapp or call for details.
Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by gbadexy(m): 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2018
internal pictures of the BQ

Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by gbadexy(m): 1:56pm On Oct 11, 2018
Application of sealant on the fence and ground floor as extra protection for high traffic areas

Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by Kaybthaniels(m): 8:53pm On Oct 11, 2018
Nice one boss, The paint really looks nice, I need your advice pertaining wall screeding, My site isn't waterlogged but it might be prone to dampness later since German floor wasn't done, Someone suggested I make use of ready made putty for the screeding, says that will bind better and is more water resistance... What's your advice on treating the walls for dampness before painting?, btw it's just for the interior walls, I plan to use Graffitex for the exterior.
Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by gbadexy(m): 9:18pm On Oct 11, 2018
Kaybthaniels:
Nice one boss, The paint really looks nice, I need your advice pertaining wall screeding, My site isn't waterlogged but it might be prone to dampness later since German floor wasn't done, Someone suggested I make use of ready made putty for the screeding, says that will bind better and is more water resistance... What's your advice on treating the walls for dampness before painting?, btw it's just for the interior walls, I plan to use Graffitex for the exterior.
Thanks sir. The ready mixed putty is much more water resistant and it binds better and doesn't peel.
Since the place is not waterlogged, you may just landscape the floor to drain water away from the building.
Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by gbadexy(m): 10:35pm On Oct 11, 2018
Kaybthaniels:
These are pictures from a recently concluded screeding using the ready mix putty.
https://www.nairaland.com/4783553/wall-screeding-ready-mix-putty#72001687
Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by charlesadeoye(m): 10:45pm On Oct 11, 2018
gbadexy:

Thanks sir. The ready mixed putty is much more water resistant and it binds better and doesn't peel.
Since the place is not waterlogged, you may just landscape the floor to drain water away from the building.

Nice job sir. How or where can i get this already mixed screeding putty in osun state?
Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by gbadexy(m): 10:51pm On Oct 11, 2018
charlesadeoye:

Nice job sir. How or where can i get this already mixed screeding putty in osun state?
I can way bill it there. I've supplied a project at GRA in osogbo.
Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by Kaybthaniels(m): 3:46am On Oct 12, 2018
Alright thanks boss, How cost effective is screeding with ready made putty compared to Pop screeding?

gbadexy:

Re: Ongoing Painting Pictures Of A Nairalander's Lekki Building by gbadexy(m): 6:58am On Oct 12, 2018
Kaybthaniels:
Alright thanks boss, How cost effective is screeding with ready made putty compared to Pop screeding?

The ready mix putty is a bit more costly. material and labor per sqm is around N580 while for pop paint and cement is around N500 per sqm.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Palmsville Court Going For 3M Per Plot. Buy 5plots. and get 1 free / A Roofing Project At Mowe Behind Redemption Camp / THE BEST TIME TO BUY LAND WAS 5YEARS AGO....THE NEXT BEST TIME IS NOW!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.