Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance (59107 Views)

Okocha Blasted By Omeruo's Wife, Chioma Nnamani: "Mad Man" / Omeruo, Leon Balogun And Iwobi Pose For A Selfie In Russia / Kenneth Omeruo And Chioma Nnamani's Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by SirRoberto(m): 7:25pm On Jun 23, 2018
Omeruo not Umeruo... Change your title op
Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by footballflaver: 7:25pm On Jun 23, 2018
v
Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by Jethrolite(m): 7:29pm On Jun 23, 2018
qualityGod:
Chelsea FC was happy with super eagles and Omeruo's performance yesterday and they tweeted about it.
His name is Omeruo not Omeruo.
Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by Smarkie: 7:29pm On Jun 23, 2018
Congratulating Play that will not make it to the chelsea first team
Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by nosawil018(m): 7:32pm On Jun 23, 2018
Ajoboss:
nai u for talk na..abeg no confuse pple like us wen listen for radio
Ok

1 Like

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by DoTheNeedful: 7:36pm On Jun 23, 2018
JixNation:
undecided

I didn't remember any name like Umeruo till the match ended yesterday.

Etebo is a world class midfielder I beg.

I am glad someone is saying this. Etebo is world class. I swear you don't just watch but you understand football.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by jrusky(m): 7:38pm On Jun 23, 2018
Omeruo did well but this guy called Etebo or something like that he is a world class midfielder. The guy is a machine he did really well. Also the left back Ebuie that boy too is good. In general they all did well no dulling at all hope they can do same with Argentina.

5 Likes

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 23, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

I am glad someone is saying this. Etebo is world class. I swear you don't just watch but you understand football.

The nigga just earned my respect before he was subbed.

The only Nigerian player that impressed me yesterday.

Anytime he plays, I just picture Casimiro out of him.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by netmillionaires(m): 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2018
Did you watch the Brazil vs Costa Rica match? Who notice Neymar simulation. The dude stretch and screamed inside the box when a defender tried to mark him. Neymar really need a red card for that nonsense.
Gucciboss:

You watched Brazil vs Costa Rica not Nigeria vs Iceland grin

Omeruo was rated 7 to 7.5
Etebo was rated 6.5 to 7

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/nigeria-v-iceland-player-ratings-495275/page2

1 Like

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by donbenie(m): 8:02pm On Jun 23, 2018
JixNation:
undecided

That's what happens with the defenders,they do their job and nobody appreciate them..watch the two goals again and you'll see the head and leg of Omeruo in each of them,he headed out the ball that initiated the counter which resulted in the first goal and for the second goal it was his long range pass to Musa that resulted in the second goal..

5 Likes

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by donbenie(m): 8:07pm On Jun 23, 2018
owomida1:
He caused the penalty.

Aside that,he did well. And Ebuehi came on for Bryan Idowu..... Sealed the defence.
Ebuehi caused the penalty,Omeruo poor clearance may have initiated it but Ebuehi had a poor and rash challenge and Omeruo had hand in each of the goals we scored and was generally impressive..

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by izzou(m): 8:08pm On Jun 23, 2018
Ajoboss:
hahaha..see pple wen dey watch back of T.V
Guy,go rewatch d match well again abeg before I vex for u

Somehow, I think he's right

Omeruo should have cleared the ball. That's why I blame him. But then Ebuehi caused it

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by donbenie(m): 8:15pm On Jun 23, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

Omeruo is a defender and unless you are actually paying attention to the defense,defenders are generally overlooked in a game,Omeruo was impressive and was rated as high as Etebo by most sports sites and was directly involved in the two goals we scored..

1 Like

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by zombieHUNTER: 8:15pm On Jun 23, 2018
JixNation:
undecided

You don't watch football

Etebo made the clean sheet happen abi

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by DoTheNeedful: 8:19pm On Jun 23, 2018
donbenie:
Omeruo is a defender and unless you are actually paying attention to the defense,defenders are generally overlooked in a game,Omeruo was impressive and was rated as high as Etebo by most sports sites and was directly involved in the two goals we scored..

I am not undermining Omeruo. In fact I am his big fan. I just highlighted Etebo's ability. That guy dey ball but many people no dey give him enough accolades.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by zombieHUNTER: 8:19pm On Jun 23, 2018
owomida1:
He caused the penalty.

Aside that,he did well. And Ebuehi came on for Bryan Idowu..... Sealed the defence.

You don't know how to play
And you don't know how to watch

Ndidi caused the penalty...
Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by Alezy(m): 8:23pm On Jun 23, 2018
Gucciboss:

You watched Brazil vs Costa Rica not Nigeria vs Iceland grin

Omeruo was rated 7 to 7.5
Etebo was rated 6.5 to 7

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/nigeria-v-iceland-player-ratings-495275/page2
they where both good in their positions but Etebo is on his own class far from the rest

1 Like

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by Gucciboss: 8:28pm On Jun 23, 2018
Alezy:
they where both good in their positions but Etebo is on his own class far from the rest
I mentioned it earlier. I was only commenting base on the last match.
Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by searchcorp(m): 8:34pm On Jun 23, 2018
donbenie:
That's what happens with the defenders,they do their job and nobody appreciate them..watch the two goals again and you'll see the head and leg of Omeruo in each of them,he headed out the ball that initiated the counter that resulted in the first goal and for the second goal it was his long range pass to Musa that resulted in the second goal..

I’m glad someone else noticed.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by SmartyPants(m): 8:58pm On Jun 23, 2018
owomida1:
He caused the penalty.

He absolutely did not cause the penalty. in fact, that move came about because the entire defence was beaten with only Omeruo there to sweep up. He made a heavy touch but he was still favorite to get to it first if not that Ebuehi decided he wanted to touch the ball.

If Ebuehi does not intervene, Omeruo either gets to the ball first or at least covers the Iceland attacker. No way the penalty was on him.
Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 23, 2018
JixNation:
undecided

U dy watch match. D guy just boss the midfield as if it was his personal estate, and he was even confident.

Though he is good but I'm angry with him for rushing o sign for stoke city instead of waiting till after the world cup to get better offers.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by SmartyPants(m): 9:01pm On Jun 23, 2018
Alezy:

Etebo is not far from the rest. He is far better than them at dribbling but he lacks other things. He has no confidence to play long passes to the flanks, and would rather pass back to fullback to make the pass to flank. He also does not shoot well.

On the other hand Mikel is far more comfortable at this.

Ndidi has far more energy and shoots much better.

Each one has his way of being better than the rest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by owomida1: 9:01pm On Jun 23, 2018
SmartyPants:

He absolutely did not cause the penalty. in fact, that move came about because the entire defence was beaten with only Omeruo there to sweep up. He made a heavy touch but he was still favorite to get to it first if not that Ebuehi decided he wanted to touch the ball.

If Ebuehi does not intervene, Omeruo either gets to the ball first or at least covers the Iceland attacker. No way the penalty was on him.

He could have cleared the ball but he chose to control it. The touch got too much which gave possession to the opponent. Ebuehi stepped in and it got sour. Na him baba

1 Like

Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by BAVOSKI(m): 9:06pm On Jun 23, 2018
JixNation:
undecided

You are watching the back of telivision
Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by joshmee4real(m): 9:12pm On Jun 23, 2018
JixNation:
undecided

you mean Eteball?
Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by junior24(m): 9:23pm On Jun 23, 2018
They should buy him after the world cup
Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by Naughtytboy: 9:54pm On Jun 23, 2018
Luukasz:
I don't know if i'm the only one who felt our boys weren't that impressive but they just made use of the few chances we had
sadist
Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by Onozboy(m): 10:03pm On Jun 23, 2018
junior24:
They should buy him after the world cup

You mean Chelsea should buy there own player ...
He has been a Chelsea player since 2012 he’s been on loan since then
Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by Alezy(m): 10:24pm On Jun 23, 2018
SmartyPants:

Etebo is not far from the rest. He is far better than them at dribbling but he lacks other things. He has no confidence to play long passes to the flanks, and would rather pass back to fullback to make the pass to flank. He also does not shoot well.

On the other hand Mikel is far more comfortable at this.

Ndidi has far more energy and shoots much better.

Each one has his way of being better than the rest.
true though
Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by blazer2018: 10:48pm On Jun 23, 2018
Omeruo don turn Ramos over night...na wa ooo...Musa don do well... grin

Let's wait until he faces Messi and d rest...who plays on d turf...unlike Iceland who likes volleyball.

But whatever d case maybe sha...we shall overcome on Tuesday by d special grace of God.
Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by Lordcenturion2(m): 11:00pm On Jun 23, 2018
JixNation:

Forget the rating, I watched them play.
Etebo was exceptional.
Maybe I don't fancy defenders much.
Etebo is a good player, I wish Mikel can retire after, h The dude is most modiocer captain
Re: Chelsea FC Reacts To Omeruo's Performance by datigbogirl: 11:26pm On Jun 23, 2018
femi4:
Omeruo was good in the air yesterday

Nigeria should watch out for Messi, the useless dude will want to cause a Penalty while dancing Soco in our box 18

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South Africa, Angola, Morroco, Cape Verde - AFCON 2013 Group A / Pele Ranked The Greatest Footballer Of All Time By BBC Poll, Messi 2nd / Usain Bolt Takes Up A Job, Check Out Photos From His First Day At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.