Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Help Me Please - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Me Please (882 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Please by engrrichie92(m): 9:47am On Jun 23, 2018
I just got a new hp laptop...was tryna play around and trying to cheat Microsoft by downloading a cracked version of office online....
Only to find out I just downloaded a virus

Now one stupid link won't stop popping up...
Other third party applications are being installed by themselves (i didnt ask for follow come apps o�) but cant find them in the control panel to uninstall...
So I tried deleting the applications from the program files and it deleted but that link won't stop popping up

I'm scared of doing a system restore for fear of disrupting my driver settings...that might be my last resort anyways

Running a scan on my Windows defender right now ..
But while at it...
1.any alternative ways to deal with this
2.please recommend the best antivirus to use and how to get it
3.please help me solve the origin of this wahala...which is genuine link to office suite 2016 cradoes version (

Please help me biko
Re: Help Me Please by Jintata: 7:00pm On Jun 23, 2018
engrrichie92:
I just got a new hp laptop...was tryna play around and trying to cheat Microsoft by downloading a cracked version of office online....
Only to find out I just downloaded a virus

Now one stupid link won't stop popping up...
Other third party applications are being installed by themselves (i didnt ask for follow come apps o�) but cant find them in the control panel to uninstall...
So I tried deleting the applications from the program files and it deleted but that link won't stop popping up

I'm scared of doing a system restore for fear of disrupting my driver settings...that might be my last resort anyways

Running a scan on my Windows defender right now ..
But while at it...
1.any alternative ways to deal with this
2.please recommend the best antivirus to use and how to get it
3.please help me solve the origin of this wahala...which is genuine link to office suite 2016 cradoes version (

Please help me biko

What antivirus are u running ?

Install, update and scan with Kaspersky & malwarebytes.
Re: Help Me Please by engrrichie92(m): 8:40pm On Jun 23, 2018
Jintata:

What antivirus are u running ?

Install, update and scan with Kaspersky & malwarebytes.

Doing a system reset at the moment...since the system is still new and fresh...hopefully it will clear the virus

Can I get the Kapersky online?

(1) (Reply)

Cheap HP E1-1200 Laptop Fast Sale @ 34,999 Very Negotiable / HOT!! Clean American Used Apple Macbooks For Sale / Game And Computer Gurus Please Help Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.