Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Suburbia- Ghetto Chronicles. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Suburbia- Ghetto Chronicles. (492 Views)

Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suburbia- Ghetto Chronicles. by segunoz(m): 11:50am On Jun 23, 2018
This is my first attempt at writing. Constructive Criticism is welcome.

I could hear Tiwa Savage whispering to me about the things she was going to do to me. Rihanna on the other hand was flaunting the diamond necklace I got her from Paris? Now where did I get the money to purchase such a thing…

"Emma."

Anyways, it doesn't matter as long as I got these hotties with me, I'm on top of the world…

"Emma, wake up. It is time for morning devotion."

Tiwa Savage was gone, and so was Rihanna. What a dream. I was lying on the bed I shared with my dad and it was time for morning devotion. As someone who just left the company of two beautiful women, I wasn't too pleased with my change of environment. I pretended not to hear my dad waking me, although that has never got me off the hook. An enthusiastic mosquito buzzed in my ear. Good morning Jesus, it seemed to sing. Now I understand why Tiwa's voice was strange. That was the work of the mosquito.

I couldn't pretend to sleep forever, so I got up and gave a yawn that conveyed my displeasure and frustration at the everyday devotion that robbed me of my sweetdreams.

"Good morning sir"

"Good morning boy, how was your night?"

I didn't give a reply.

"Let us say this prayer, my friend sent it to me this morning."

I rolled my eyes. It was one of those d*mn chain mails. I have severally tried to explain to my dad that chain messages that promise you destruction if you don't send are not from God but he won't take my word for it. I just keep wondering when God started to use WhatsApp.

I had no choice...

I got outside to brush my teeth when I saw Wisdom, the guy who lived in the next room. He is anything but wise, but what do I know. Wisdom was big and streetwise, unlike me. I look like a nerd. He was playing some fast paced street pop on his chinko phone. Let me tell you about this guy. He came to live with his sister Debby some months ago and since we were agemates, we got along quite well considering that I have been suffering from a severe case of boredom. Wisdom was dancing to "Legbegbe" at 6:45am. And he was taking the shakushaku quite seriously. Yh, that was wisdom. He was as jobless as I was and considering the fact that I just wrote my third UTME, we were in the same boat as far as I was concerned.

"You no see Nigeria yesterday?" Wisdom said in the midst of his shakushaku dance.

"Yes. Nice game"

"You dey owe me two hundred naira, no forget sey we bet yesterday."

He stopped dancing and was beaming his teeth like he just won "Who wants to be a millionaire".

"No wahala, I go give you".

It would set me back two days of lunch money from my dad. I would miss Iya Simon food. But I didn't have time to argue that we didn't seal the bet with our pinkies because my dad was inside.

"We go see for Mummy Victoria shop na". Wisdom was shadow boxing now.

"Yes, we go see. Make my papa comot first".

Mummy Victoria's shop was outside off our street, on the main road. It was a hangout for jobless boys like Wisdom and I. We have some other members of the crew you will meet as we go on.

I like to go there because everytime I sit there, it gives me an opportunity to see Baby. That is the girl I like in the area. Dark beautiful girl, though I have to admit he was out of my league, earning a badge for herself on the streets while I was in boarding house. She stays with her family of seven in a one room apartment, but she uses an iPhone X. What do I know?

For now, I am waiting for my dad to leave for work so I can go to Mummy Victoria's shop.
Re: Suburbia- Ghetto Chronicles. by segunoz(m): 11:53am On Jun 23, 2018
marvel15 ( m ), Giannaaaaaa , Dhemmyjay
( m), PaChukwudi44 , SilverSpoonEnt, ewawumi ( f ), whinnie ,
hyrene46 ( f ), Wayneju ( m ), cenaman( m ), pajabs( m ),
Chumzypinky ( f ), anyimpro( m ), cyndy1000 ( f ), xaviercasmir
( m), Princehollex ( m ), zibah1, diaryOfpersius ( m), Silvertrinity
( f ), josephinegal , HolyMalaam, lafex , TrueNigerians , olisehcom ( f ), Andracarles , GeoSilYe( f ), Jambo6630 ,
Willy444 ( m ), anonymousbim( f ), GeraldAlpha( m )

please check the above story out.

2 Likes

Re: Suburbia- Ghetto Chronicles. by Wayneju(m): 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2018
Am here man..
goes to the backyard, plucks 3 guava fruits.. oya kwantinu!

(1) (Reply)

Which Do You Have Money Or Excuses? / Nigeria: Street Slangs You Must Know When You Are In Lagos (part Two) / Betrayal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.