Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) (46311 Views)

Wizkid Customize Ciroc Bottle, The First African Artist To Have It (Photo) / D'banj Giving Testimony In Church In 2007 After Winning His First MTV Award / Linda Ikeji Dances Inside Her Car In Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by Bigmugu: 12:43pm On Jun 23, 2018
@NAIRATREND

Celebrity blogger Linda Ikeji Shares hilarious story of a Car she couldn’t afford back in 2007.

Read story below :-

I bought this car in 2007. It cost 700k back then but I made a down payment of 350k to pay the remaining 3 months later. After 3 months, I’d been able to pay only 100k of the remaining 350k & the car owner came to my house one day to seize the car. Lol. I can laugh now but it wasn’t funny back then. I remember my dad followed me to the man’s house to beg for him to return it to me and give me more time. The man refused. So I was carless for about 2 months but because I knew how important having a car was to my business (I was always running around), I knew it was top priority to raise the balance..
I had a modeling agency back then and so I started going to bother all the ad agencies owing me money.

I became a nuisance at their offices…lol. Before I’d wait for them to call and ask me to come collect my cheque but now, I wanted the money now now. Some managed to give me, some didn’t but I was finally able to raise the 250k balance & got my car back.
Fast forward to 5 years later. Between 2012 to 2018, I’ve probably bought about 15 cars for family, friends and staff. And none was 700k…lol.

Seeing this photo again brought back memories and reminded me of how God works. And how your life can change from not having enough to having so much, you can share with others.

You life can change for the better in an instant and that instant can last forever. Just remember to always hold on to God. He’s watching. He’s seeing your struggles and one day, He’ll hold your hands and never let go. .
God is holding my hand so much right now that I was able to solely finance lindaikeji.tv from advertising money made from another platform he blessed me with…lindaikejisblog. All the crazy equipment we have, studios, office, mansion, content, manpower etc was solely financed 100% by LIB.

God works in ways we sometimes don’t understand! He can make you wait. I waited for 14 years. He hasn’t forgotten you. Be patient. He listens. He’s watching. And He will eventually come to hold your hands when it’s your turn. And when he does, your life will never be the same. Just never stop believing in Him. Your time is near. I declare God’s enormous blessings into your life. Say amen!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkXJ3NFD5Dj/?hl=en

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by Bigmugu: 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2018

Cc; lalasticlala, mynd44,

Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by odiereke(m): 12:52pm On Jun 23, 2018
Life is full of miracles. Thank God for changing of life to the better.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by Bigmugu: 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2018
odiereke:
Life is full of miracles. Thank God for changing of life to the better.
yes

3 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by Trendvoice: 1:07pm On Jun 23, 2018
Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by Thewesterner(m): 1:11pm On Jun 23, 2018
Biggest motivation...

Is to motivate yourself

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by sehin79(m): 1:13pm On Jun 23, 2018
everything is a process,believe in the process and with patient and faithfulness you would finally get there.
And also note that no matter how small your victory is always remember to look back at where you are coming from.
because that helps you to be grateful even when you face bigger challenges,
and just a side note everyone faces challenges no matter how big or rich they are,if you arent facing one you are not growing.
selah.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by cyndy1000(f): 1:18pm On Jun 23, 2018
One thing I learnt from her stories Never Give Up in what you always dreamed of... even if you don't have it now it will come tomorrow, and will look at yesterday and smile. I know with God I can make if only you believe.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by ZoeyJ(f): 1:18pm On Jun 23, 2018
Now she's smiling to the bank.
btw una wey like free airtime. Check the link in my profile. no use big boy miss this offer. It came out yesterday or so

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by Trendvoice: 1:23pm On Jun 23, 2018
grin
ZoeyJ:
Now she's smiling to the bank
Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by CANDYDADDY(m): 1:25pm On Jun 23, 2018
sad

To be frank her blog is reek of voids ___nothing like numerous comments like nairaland, no ads anywhere,
you will wonder is this kind of blog drive her home billions of naira undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by UrbanExotica(f): 1:29pm On Jun 23, 2018
CANDYDADDY:
sad

To be frank her blog is reek of voids, you will wonder is this kind of blog drive her home billions of naira undecided
Rip English

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by Trendvoice: 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2018
grin correct him
UrbanExotica:

Rip English

4 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by okosodo: 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2018
Eventually, you will get there- just hustle clean and hard

4 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by UrbanExotica(f): 1:31pm On Jun 23, 2018
Trendvoice:
grin correct him
Stop quoting everyone just to make your thread longer

28 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by Trendvoice: 1:34pm On Jun 23, 2018
Bigmugu:

Cc; lalasticlala front page things
Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by Trendvoice: 2:17pm On Jun 23, 2018
grin
Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by crackhouse(m): 2:59pm On Jun 23, 2018
Ok. Front page here I come
Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by Trendvoice: 4:04pm On Jun 23, 2018
crackhouse:
Ok. Front page here I come
Cc; lalasticlala
Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by owomida1: 4:12pm On Jun 23, 2018
Na so Nairabet change my life too.

one minute you are a poor broke azz who can't buy matches, next day you can afford a Lexus E350

Such is life.

6 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by Trendvoice: 4:39pm On Jun 23, 2018
grin
owomida1:
Na so Nairabet change my life too.

one minute you are a poor broke azz who can't buy matches, next day you can afford a Lexus E350

Such is life.
Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by Davidfrosh: 4:54pm On Jun 23, 2018
Wow
Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by Intrepid01(m): 5:23pm On Jun 23, 2018
1 day wind go blow foul yansh go open.....but till then make i park here....

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 23, 2018
There is someting unclear abt dis lady's wealth,like d guy above me said....blogger...anyway wats my own sef?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by timilehing(m): 5:44pm On Jun 23, 2018
Different story line for everyone! Some try harder than her but couldn't make it

11 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by OboOlora(f): 5:46pm On Jun 23, 2018
Ok
Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by Pavore9: 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2018
Life is a process
Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by StarUp: 5:48pm On Jun 23, 2018
Behind every glory there's a story... Na her own be that.

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by XingXhang(m): 5:48pm On Jun 23, 2018
Amen o!

I never used to like this lady but for this, I think she's got a story and she doesn't deserve all the insults lazy Nigerian youths are hurling at her.

She mixed hard work and God work together and the result is amazing.

This is a consolation for some young entrepreneurs like us who sometimes have lost relationships and other pleasures just because of the PROCESS.

Success stories are always sweet but Success secrets are usually bitter because of their demands.

I love you Linda! Your post gives me a reason to keep working even when it doesn't make sense.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by automatix: 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2018
CANDYDADDY:
sad

To be frank her blog is reek of voids ___nothing like numerous comments like nairaland, no ads anywhere,
you will wonder is this kind of blog drive her home billions of naira undecided
well, she is a business woman and Seun isn't.

14 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji: "My First Car In 2007 And The Story Behind It" (Photo) by martinz1: 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2018
Wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vera Oluchukwu Agolua Is Dead! Miss Ogbaru Dies A Month After Birthday / Drake Wears Mowalola, Nigerian Designer's Custom Leather Jacket / I Couldn’t Save My Sister’s Life With All The Money I Had – Adekunle Gold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.