Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

PHOTO: Best Student In Crop Production In EKSU Gets 2 Thousand Naira - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PHOTO: Best Student In Crop Production In EKSU Gets 2 Thousand Naira (27604 Views)

Lagos Gets 2 New Universities, Merges Colleges Of Education / Will I Get Medicine & Surgery In EKSU With 284 As JAMB Score? / The Entire Final Year Biochemistry Students Fail An Exam In #EKSU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTO: Best Student In Crop Production In EKSU Gets 2 Thousand Naira by alimaa: 6:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
Gerrard59:

Let's see it this way: There is an award in place that rewards a student who performs excellently in a particular course or general and they decided to invest 2K on the winner.

My take:

1, It is their money.

2, They have the right to invest any amount of money for an award. E.g. We have scholarships that pay 1 thousand pounds per annum (which is not enough for someone) to PG students, but people still jostle for it. You might not like it, but that is the scholarship body can afford.

3, S/He (student) reserves the right to accept it or decline.

4, It is not obligatory to "dash" a student money because s/he performed well in school. It is an optional decision.

What should be encouraged is people giving to the school and sponsor not berating folks for the amount of money they decide to donate.
The best is for everyone to keep their money and channel it to their family problems.
Re: PHOTO: Best Student In Crop Production In EKSU Gets 2 Thousand Naira by Paulosky1900: 8:46pm On Jul 07, 2018
Stephaustin:

Abeg, pesin wet get ear, also hear that street does not pay everybody these days.

A good research will convince you.

We students should stop following the crowd; carve out a niche for yourself. I never heard, seen or read any of the principles(whether formal or informal) of success and/or prosperity to be inherent in public opinions; instead, it is always personal.
U ARE STILL A STUDENT SO U WONT UNDERSTAND UNTIL U PASS OUT THEN U WILL UNDERSTAND U RE REPLYING ME WITH A STUDENT MENTALITY UNTIL THEN BUDDY NIGERIA ISNT EXACTLY WHAT SOME OF OUR YOUTHS LIKE U THINKS IT IS.
Re: PHOTO: Best Student In Crop Production In EKSU Gets 2 Thousand Naira by Stephaustin(m): 9:27pm On Jul 07, 2018
Paulosky1900:

U ARE STILL A STUDENT SO U WONT UNDERSTAND UNTIL U PASS OUT THEN U WILL UNDERSTAND U RE REPLYING ME WITH A STUDENT MENTALITY UNTIL THEN BUDDY NIGERIA ISNT EXACTLY WHAT SOME OF OUR YOUTHS LIKE U THINKS IT IS.

Yes, I am still a student.
But it may please you to note that I'm not replying you from 'a student mentality' as you call it.
Actually, I was a student, worked for some period, and again became a student in a better dimension. Don't ask me how or why because from what I'm seeing, our definition and concept of life may not be the same. Hence, we see things from different perspectives.

Meanwhile, it would be better if you stop claiming to know the type of youth I am or what I think Nigeria is, because you have no knowledge, whatsoever, of my personality or thoughts of Nigeria.
Re: PHOTO: Best Student In Crop Production In EKSU Gets 2 Thousand Naira by Stephaustin(m): 9:40pm On Jul 07, 2018
okerekeikpo:
can you prove it?
Make your research. People learn and believe better these days when they find out things for themselves than when they are told.

However, if you insist I prove it, I hope you wouldn't mind telling me why you consider education a scam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Secondary School Students Found Floating On Osun River Dead (Pictured) / Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 / Download Nigerian Navy Past Questions And Answers For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.