Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,404 members, 7,808,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos (1214 Views)

Photos: Woman Gives Birth To A Faceless Baby In Abia / A Group Of Imolites Protests Against Jega / Eddie Onuzuruike: The Faceless Save Abia Group And Their Murky Plots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos by Enice(m): 10:30pm On Jun 05, 2010
I watched a sponsored program on channels tv about some of the development programs by the government of lagos state. I was dumbfounded and speechless. I wondered? If these are some of the development programs of the governor, why is the true faceless group of lagos crying blue murder? Come to think of it, what is the total revenue of the state? What is the cost of these projects? How much are faceless group accusing the governor of stealing (plus and minus)? Trying to answer these questions made me realise that the faceless group is playing politics with the citizens of lagos state. They are being sponsored by a true faceless group of politicians trying to scheme their way through the back door to the seat of government. If truely, they are serious about corruption, why didn't they say anything when the FG awarded a 4.3 km runaway for N73b? PDP in action
Re: We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos by SapeleGuy: 11:02pm On Jun 05, 2010
With the amount of money that comes into Lagos, it would be a gross dereliction of responsibility not to challenge and ask questions.

Lagos has an annual budget of $2.7 billion dollars. That nah dollars not naira.

Let me put it another way last year Lagos got N405 billion for 1 year.  This is more than the total amount that Delta State got between 1999 and 2007.

Can you now understand why questions are being asked?
Re: We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos by Enice(m): 1:06am On Jun 06, 2010
Sapele guy, are u saying that lagos state generated close to N33b monthly last year? Almost more than half the sum generated by all the northern states? Well, i come from an oil rich state. I only saw a bridge of less than 10m constructed last year. The governor's name is being praised as one of the best. So what do u xpect?
Re: We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos by Kobojunkie: 1:14am On Jun 06, 2010
@Enice, what do you hope to achieve with this thread? You opened a thread lambasting a group for asking questions of their government in a DEMOCRACY. . . I am curious now. Is it that you would rather they not ask questions at all because you are just content to see brigdes and roads and flashy colors, no matter the real cost?
Re: We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos by deor03(m): 1:55am On Jun 06, 2010
@ Poster

People have a right to ask questions. They pay tax and they have a right to ask what happens to their tax money
Re: We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos by laggchick: 7:23am On Jun 06, 2010
The poster is either wholly undemocratic by nature or is a pun for governor fashola. . .i love fashola but he still needs to answer questions on the allegations. .we need a governor we can trust not just someone that is good in media manipulation and smiles.
Re: We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos by Enice(m): 8:26am On Jun 06, 2010
Yes. Agreed that we in a democratic state and people have the right to ask questions. but the way you go about asking your questions may be undemocratic and you may be insinuating that the accused party is already guilty as charged.
the beauty of democracy is that there are channels provided for such questions to be asked and answered. if truly in a democracy, why is the faceless group going about pointing fingers and making accusations? instead of submitting a petition to the state house of assembly, what did we see? adverts! lots of it. is that asking questions or making accusations? kettle calling the pot black
Re: We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos by SapeleGuy: 9:34am On Jun 06, 2010
E nice:

Sapele guy, are u saying that lagos state generated close to N33b monthly last year? Almost more than half the sum generated by all the northern states? Well, i come from an oil rich state. I only saw a bridge of less than 10m constructed last year. The governor's name is being praised as one of the best. So what do u xpect?

Please read this link about the budget and then come back.
http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/news/2009/11/17/20091117N01.html

I am intrigued, tell us about this oil rich state that you claim to come from that has built a bridge for N10 million, better still give us the name of the bridge because I can tell you right now that no decent bridge can be buit for N10 million.
Re: We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos by Enice(m): 12:19pm On Jun 06, 2010
@sapeleguy, i meant 10 meters not 10 million naira. as for my state, that is not the issue right now. we may come from the same state you know!
Re: We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos by Kobojunkie: 8:40pm On Jun 06, 2010
E nice:

Yes. Agreed that we in a democratic state and people have the right to ask questions. but the way you go about asking your questions may be undemocratic and you may be insinuating that the accused party is already guilty as charged.

So, what exactly did they DO WRONG in the way they asked their questions? They filed a petition, and made their questions, all of them know to the people by getting the press, and the people involved so their petition will not be ignored as thousands of petitions seem to be in Nigeria. So, what did they do wrong in this case?

E nice:

the beauty of democracy is that there are channels provided for such questions to be asked and answered. if truly in a democracy, why is the faceless group going about pointing fingers and making accusations?
You say there are channels provided for such questions to be asked and answered. Why exactly is filing a petition in the way they did NOT A VALID CHANNEL? What other channels do you believe are made available in your idea of how it ought to be done in a democracy?

E nice:
instead of submitting a petition to the state house of assembly, what did we see? adverts! lots of it. is that asking questions or making accusations? kettle calling the pot black

Huh? They did submit a petition to the assembly. That is why there is a probe going on now.
Re: We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 06, 2010
This whole thing is becoming political.we can never trust desperate politicians who want that lagos seat by all means
Re: We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos by Enice(m): 8:48am On Jun 07, 2010
quote author=Kobojunkie link=topic=457949.msg6164693#msg6164693 date=1275853231]
So, what exactly did they DO WRONG in the way they asked their questions? They filed a petition, and made their questions, all of them know to the people by getting the press, and the people involved

my point exactly. Its like shouting thief! Thief! In a market place. All eyes are on the accused and he should get ready to be lynched. when a case is in arbitration, you don't do or say anything to prejudice the case.
Re: We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On Jun 07, 2010
E nice:

So, what exactly did they DO WRONG
in the way they asked their
questions? They filed a petition, and
made their questions, all of them
know to the people by getting the
press, and the people involved so
their petition

shocked YIKES! What a terrible sin . . .  filing a petition and getting the PEOPLE involved in a DEMOCRACY( Government for the PEOPLE by the PEOPLE)? shocked

E nice:
my point exactly. Its like shouting thief! Thief in a market place. All eyes are on the accused and he should get ready to be lynched.
When a case is in arbitration, you don't say things out of court to prejudice the case

Please, rather than coming in to make silly claims. Could I suggest you spend more time EDUCATING yourself on the right of individuals and groups in a DEMOCRACY? That you are here positing these questions ought to have been asked in SECRET already speaks much of your understanding of YOUR place in the building of a democracy.
Re: We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos by Enice(m): 10:20pm On Jun 07, 2010
Kobo k leg, If your definition of democracy is that an accuse is first of all slaughtered on the alter of public opinion before following due process, then you must really be very ignorant and silly
Re: We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos by Kobojunkie: 10:28pm On Jun 07, 2010
E nice:

Kobo k leg, If your definition of democracy is that an accuse is first of all slaughtered on the alter of public opinion before following due process, then you must really be very ignorant and silly
lol . . . this tactic has been applied all over that same country for the past 10 years. Suddenly, it is not fair game? Come on now!! Democracy does not purport to CUSHION any party from criticism, the state Governors included. What they did, though harsh is not unconstitutional. Democracy actually ALLOWS that kind of slaughter that is why those looking to pursue public offices ought to be ready for such levels of scrutiny. Like one lawyer put it, Government house no be your papa house. Don't expect hugs and kisses when playing in a democracy. Ask those in western world how harsh it can get. But at the end of the day, the law deems all innocent until proven guilty.
So, rather than look for ways to take senseless jabs at me, spend some time educating yourself on what democracy means and why this group's request is according to the law , and not according to your personal bias.
Re: We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos by Enice(m): 12:50am On Jun 08, 2010
If you agree that "a person is innocent until proven guilty by a court of law" then what happens to the accuser who spoils the good name of an innocent person before even taking his case to an arbiter? I an not saying the governor can do on wrong, but that in an election year, in a country where do or die politics is practiced, they should have presented their case to the house of assembly first.
Re: We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos by Kobojunkie: 1:27am On Jun 08, 2010
E nice:

If you agree that "a person is innocent until proven guilty by a court of law" then what happens to the accuser who spoils the good name of an innocent person before even taking his case to an arbiter? I an not saying the governor can do on wrong, but that in an election year, in a country where do or die politics is practiced, they should have presented their case to the house of assembly first.

Stop acting like this is UNIQUE in anyway. It happens in most every case out there. Regardless of what year it is, the public have a right to ask questions and get answers. If you doubt it, ask George Bush.
Re: We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos by Enice(m): 7:45am On Jun 08, 2010
Last time i checked, you were against sls for crucifying the accused bank chiefs without due process. Right now, in the case of fashola vs faceless group, its all good. I rest my case.
Re: We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos by Kobojunkie: 1:28am On Jun 09, 2010
I was against SLS? Do a better job reading actual posts rather than making stuff off about people.
Re: We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos by babapupa: 1:39am On Jun 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Huh? They did submit a petition to the assembly. That is why there is a probe going on now.

There's probe going on? You and your ignorant rubbish as usual.
Re: We Are The Faceless Group Of Lagos by DrKitaun(m): 2:05am On Jun 09, 2010
Babapupa

u should have known by now, Kobo rubbish is a retarded lowlife from the basest area of Ikorodu, Adamo to be precise, how do u expect 'it' to know if there is an ongoing probe ?

Na KORO 'it' wan make e enter since that time, all forms of prognostications to see how BRF would be ousted has been 'its' life-long target !

(1) (Reply)

United Nation Says Kano Is 4 Million,Northerners Are Minority,Ibadan 10 million / How Obasanjo Tried Stealing My Mandate For His Daughter-lola Abiola-edewor / Nigerian Authorities Imposes Curfew On Abuja Nightclubs And Pub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.