Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. (91204 Views)

Stop Wasting Your Money On Data!! / Affordable European Standard Samsung Led Tvs (used & New) / How Nigerians Access Instant Loans On Fairmoney Without Collateral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by mu2sa2: 2:22pm On Jun 24, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

8 million naira is almost 25000 dollars for a TV. Chei lipsrsealed

Fear God na
8 million for tv isn't far-fetched. I have seen one before - it's screen is the size of a cinema screen. I asked the guys at the eletronic store whether anyone has ever bought such an outrageous monster and they said one was installed for a customer the previous week on the wall of his bedroom!

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by BARONDEMONTE(m): 2:23pm On Jun 24, 2018
Bros if you get money buy am, na part of furniture.
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by airsaylongcon: 2:23pm On Jun 24, 2018
VocalWalls:

Ntel, 15k, unlimited.

Lie. That Ntel is NOT unlimited. They have a fair use policy. When you hit the data cap for the fair use policy they throttle your speed which will mean you can't stream 4k

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by Reference(m): 2:23pm On Jun 24, 2018
I travel too often and cannot build a house or rent wherever I go so I've come to expect and accept different levels of comfort. This bickering means little to me.

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by ollah2: 2:24pm On Jun 24, 2018
okwabayi:

They can learn.
You said it yourself you taught your friend. All the others who have no idea need a friend or two like you to teach them the way.

Lol. Change isn't something Nigerians like
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by ollah2: 2:25pm On Jun 24, 2018
airsaylongcon:

Lie. That Ntel is NOT unlimited. They have a fair use policy. When you hit the data cap for the fair use policy they throttle your speed which will mean you can't stream 4k

What is the speed limit before you get throttled?
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by chukzyfcbb: 2:25pm On Jun 24, 2018
ollah2:

I don't need a 4k tv at the moment, I'm good with my FHD tv and would enjoy it more before it replaces my HD tv in my room.
its obvious you didn't read my initial comment to understand me, just rushed to quote me.

goodbye!
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by jaywhoco(m): 2:25pm On Jun 24, 2018
bularuz:
reminds me of someone who owns an iPhone 6 but only makes calls with it
e.g. my boss. man can't even put the phone off. every time na so so ja help me do this

mtcheeew
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 24, 2018
The OP is naive to think 'Nigerians' dont enjoy 4K Ultra because in his little bubble in 'his version of Nigeria' he is the only smart cookie.

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by seedord247(m): 2:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
The same reasons why people drive expensive cars in Nigeria 95% bad roads... The highest car I can drive in nigeria is Toyota 2013 below.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by Andrez123(m): 2:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
We buy 4k TV's because we can afford it, your analogy about the non availability 4k content in Nigeria doesn't hold water, most 4k TVs has an upscaling technology which upscales 480p, 720p and 1080p content to 4k, it might not be as sharp as an original 4k content but it's definitely better than watching it on a standard HD or Full HD TV's.

People also buy 4k TV's because of other modern technological features that it might have apart from from just having a 4k screen. Most of these 1080p TVs in the market are usually outdated and don't have smart features, they don't also come with H265 video codec, which means some current mkv videos won't play on the TV through the usb port. The modern ones with smart features usually come in smaller screens like 32" and 43". All the current TV's above 50" screens all come with smart features and better hardware, all of them come with a 4k screen because it has now become a standard for big screen TV's.

You can't advise Nigerians to buy outdated products because we got little or no availability of 4k content in Nigeria, that will make them to miss out on so many other modern features which these new 4k smart TV's come with.

3 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by BestDataDeals(m): 2:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
Wish I saw this analysis before I bought mine. The bad thing is that I bought the Hisence curve 4k for about 215k, it got broken before I got home from ikeja. I have to order another one from jumia. The old one still at home.

Now I feel foolish. God help us all control the spirit of I want to belong by all means....

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by ollah2: 2:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
chukzyfcbb:

its obvious you didn't read my initial comment to understand me, just rushed to quote me.

goodbye!

Perhaps it's you that didn't comprehend my comment. Bye Felicia
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by Dacronym(m): 2:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
VocalWalls:
You are underestimating Nigerians. I use a 4K with Netflix and I’m not the only one.

There are also lots of 4K videos on YouTube which I can stream from my YouTube app.

The fact that you subscribe for 1gb does not mean everyone else does same. I was recently amazed at the number of Nigerians who have ditched dstv for Netflix, many who haven’t are limited by their TV’s capabilities.

So, maybe you should look deeper, before casting ill thought aspersions.

Buy the TV you can afford and move on, don't hate on people's TV even if they don't maximize on its capabilities, it is somewhat sadistic.
Boss don't you think 4k is a bit too much, smart TV, 2k et al I hear but this one
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by icedbreez(m): 2:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
This post nor go kill my Joy.....i just ordered a 4k TV from amazon last night. #Bleep.
But na Dubai I buy am so e cheap well well....No worries. Technology go come meet us.
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by gmajor10(m): 2:30pm On Jun 24, 2018
pannyman:

On the Compact bouquet which goes for 6,300 naira there are about eight channels on HD available, mostly sports channels. So it's not for Premium bouquet subscribers alone.

Oga you self say 8 out of a possible 72.... Maybe you don't understand what I was trying to say
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by ollah2: 2:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
Organism000:
The OP is naive to think 'Nigerians' dont enjoy 4K Ultra because in his little bubble in 'his version of Nigeria' he is the only smart cookie.

You guys don't understand the op. Average Nigerian believe in plug and play which is readily available with cable ( dstv, gotv, startimes, etc). The population of those who know about these things are pretty small.

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
Na for PS4 pro me dey use am for.....but honestly that is the only stuff I do with it....
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by Legalese(m): 2:34pm On Jun 24, 2018
#thisisnigeria where people buy expensive things not for the love of it or the value it gives, but for the fact that many others cannot afford it.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by Tonka: 2:34pm On Jun 24, 2018
OP pls even though it shows d same but let let u something I actually miss from all yur post ultralHD uses consumer less energy than all other tv I used one so I can tell I better even with my tiger gen it still power my 65 inches ultra HD tv with other equipment without wahala
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by ACE1010: 2:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
My brother thanks for the information... I almost threw away reasonable cash on 4k technology recently...
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by biggie73(m): 2:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
Poverty is a curse.
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
ollah2:

You guys don't understand the op. Average Nigerian believe in plug and play which is readily available with cable ( dstv, gotv, startimes, etc). The population of those who know about these things are pretty small.

How many States in Nigeria have you visited to know so much about 'Nigerians' ? Why not speak of your neighbourhood alone to be on the safe side with statistics ?
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by abbeyty(m): 2:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
no comment
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by tunex4christ(m): 2:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
If uv never used an iPhone in your life but always knw the whole spec & functions than actual users, pls raise up ur hands..lets pray
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by Ladex2012: 2:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
Chaii i just bought one last week.. I noticed there wasnt much difference between the LED smart tv and uhd 4k tv. Anyway trust the fouani guys they were able convince me.. so i have to wait for 5 years to enjoy it... yemogbe
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by ollah2: 2:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
Organism000:

How many States in Nigeria have you visited to know so much about 'Nigerians' ? Why not speak of your neighbourhood alone to be on the safe side with statistics ?

I hear you, you just wanna argue for the sake of it.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by ACE1010: 2:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
icedbreez:
This post nor go kill my Joy.....i just ordered a 4k TV from amazon last night. #Bleep.
But na Dubai I buy am so e cheap well well....No worries. Technology go come meet us.

grin grin grin
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by Samcoflex75(m): 2:43pm On Jun 24, 2018
Philpham:

OP stop complaining, just tell us u are broke. I will buy 4k anytime anywhere , the difference is clear.

baba bless your boy na, your boy is broke too o

1 Like

Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by VocalWalls: 2:43pm On Jun 24, 2018
airsaylongcon:

I use it, it’s unlimited. I’ve not noticed any cap
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by VocalWalls: 2:44pm On Jun 24, 2018
EgunMogaji:

The write up is nonsensical.

Folks, please buy the best display that you can afford.

The content is out there.

Not all Nigerians are poor church rats.

Exactly, broke Nigerians act like haters.
Re: How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. by Samcoflex75(m): 2:47pm On Jun 24, 2018
Akinpelumusibau:

Do u like dis 32 inches LG in mai parlour?
baba, your boy dey here too o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja / Drone Spotted At Ojota Bus Stop This Afternoon(Photos) / Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.