Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,570 members, 7,801,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham (1012 Views)

Was Mohamed A Descendant Of Abraham? / Picture Of The Family Of A 'descendant' Of Prophet Muhammad Without Hijab / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by swiftsulex(m): 4:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
House please can someone explain how Jesus Christ is a descendant of Abraham since he is was given birth to via immaculate conception. Please read the genealogy of Christ according to Matthew chapter 1. Honest response needed please.
Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by Demogorgon(m): 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2018
Read Your Bible. You will find the answer you seek there..
Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by Kenneth4u205(m): 8:55pm On Jun 24, 2018
his mother was from the blood line of abraham and David.But the Jews tradition is against mentioning women in genealogy.so the choose to mention the genealogy of his adopted father who is also a descendant of abraham and David
Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by swiftsulex(m): 8:58am On Jun 28, 2018
Please take time to read the genealogy of Christ again. Which reads as thus "... Mathan gave birth to Jacob, then Joseph who married Mary, the Mother of Jesus who was called the messiah. So how does this relate Christ to the Lineage of David.
Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by MrPresident1: 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2018
swiftsulex:
Please take time to read the genealogy of Christ again. Which reads as thus "... Mathan gave birth to Jacob, then Joseph who married Mary, the Mother of Jesus who was called the messiah. So how does this relate Christ to the Lineage of David.

Bro, here is the proof you are looking for

Romans 1:3
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Jesus is the Son of David according to the flesh
Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by sKeetz(m): 9:03pm On Jun 28, 2018
Immaculate conception indeed. People can be so gullible. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by sonmvayina(m): 12:14am On Jun 29, 2018
Pope John Paul the second was asked this question by a Jewish rabii, he could not even answer it, he had to send it to Joseph cardinal Ratzinger who later became pope benedict the 16th,when he was in charge of the council of divine worship..
The question was "what is the purpose of the 2 contradictory genealogies in Mathew and luke if Jesus is the son of God"?

Well, to tell you that the 4 gospels are forgeries, by roman elite..

Just like the OP said, the messiah is supposed to be from the shoot of Jesse (David's father) and genealogy is only transferred from father to son Num1:1 and the jews don't have the idea of God mating with human as part of their belief.. It is a roman /Greek thingy

4 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by sKeetz(m): 2:16am On Jun 29, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by Edu3Again: 6:43am On Jun 29, 2018
Jesus predates Abraham, as Jesus said b4 Abraham was, "I AM". Notice He did say "I was'.
That's Becos Jesus has always been in existence.

John 8
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am

Jesus simply chose to come through Abrahams lineage as God promised Him.

The blessing God promised is Jesus.

Genesis 12
1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed

So Jesus was born of a virgin to Abraham & David's line but neither Abraham nor David are the Father.

To put it into context, Mary was just a surrogate mother.
Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by sonmvayina(m): 7:40am On Jun 29, 2018
Edu3Again:
Jesus predates Abraham, as Jesus said b4 Abraham was, "I AM". Notice He did say "I was'.

John 8

57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am

Genesis 12
1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed

So Jesus was born of a virgin to Abraham & David's line but neither Abraham nor David are the Father.

Biology is not one of your strong subject... I guess so. Well meet somebody to put you through.

Well, before a woman gets pregnant a mature and healthy sperm must fertilise the woman egg.
Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by swiftsulex(m): 10:09am On Jun 29, 2018
Edu3Again:

John 8

Genesis 12

The genealogy states lineage of David. How do you pin that since he is not an offspring of Joseph

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by Edu3Again: 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2018
swiftsulex:

The genealogy states lineage of David. How do you pin that since he is not an offspring of Joseph
Jesus came into the family of Joseph as prophesied.

sonmvayina:

Biology is not one of your strong subject... I guess so. Well meet somebody to put you through.

Well, before a woman gets pregnant a mature and healthy sperm must fertilise the woman egg.

Things of God are certainly not ur forte.

Jesus was not born of the flesh but of the spirit.
So no need for sperm.

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God
Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by Kobojunkie: 11:06pm On Feb 20
swiftsulex:
House please can someone explain how Jesus Christ is a descendant of Abraham since he is was given birth to via immaculate conception. Please read the genealogy of Christ according to Matthew chapter 1. Honest response needed please.
His mother is documented as a descendant of Abraham was she not? undecided
Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by KnownUnknown: 12:05am On Feb 21
swiftsulex:

That’s not what the “immaculate conception” is.

When developing the theology, dogma, doctrine, or whatever they call it, the creators of your beliefs read a lot of Plato or studied materials derived from Plato.
In Plato’s philosophy and myriad ancient philosophies, the control of the “appetites” is what the philosophers focused on. While appetites like hunger, thirst and the likes can be controlled, “lust” cannot be controlled the same way. In fact, you need “lust” in order to procreate.

To cut a long story short, when they decided ( especially a dude called Augustine) that the magic Jew was a god and came to save them from sin, they had to get rid of the “original sin” stain that they claim all humans are affected by. While the paternity of the magic Jew was ascribed to the Hebrew god, they still had to account for the potential of him getting stained by the original sin of his mother.
So to remove the potential stain from their magic Jew, they had to remove the sin from his virgin mother. To do this, they decided that Mary’s father impregnated her mother without lust. Meaning he managed to fvck and orgasm into a vagina without feeling any passion. Voila, the “immaculate conception” and their Virgin Mary was free of original sin which is “lust”.

The sheer stupidity and mental gymnastics of religion never fail to amuse me. grin
Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by KnownUnknown: 12:14am On Feb 21
Kobojunkie:
His mother is documented as a descendant of Abraham was she not? undecided

And this nonsense by the junkie shows is brainless as usual.

If you look at both genealogies of the magic jew in the book of bullshit, only males are mentioned until they get to Mary. They wrote the father out of the story and replaced him with the sky fairy so they couldn’t connect magic jew to Abraham or David through the father. But since they needed him to be descended from those guys, they shoehorned Mary into the genealogies that did not include a single female prior to her.
Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by Kobojunkie: 12:22am On Feb 21
The following is equally whar the Law of Moses says.
1 Zelophehad was the son of Hepher. Hepher was the son of Gilead. Gilead was the son of Makir. Makir was the son of Manasseh. Manasseh was the son of Joseph. Zelophehad had five daughters. Their names were Mahlah, Noah, Hoglah, Milcah, and Tirzah.
2 These five women went to the Meeting Tent and stood before Moses, Eleazar the priest, the leaders, and all the Israelites. The five daughters said,
3 “Our father died while we were traveling through the desert. He died a natural death. He was not one of the men who joined Korah’s group. (Korah was the man who turned against the Lord.) But our father had no sons.
4 This means that our father’s name will not continue. It is not fair that our father’s name will not continue. His name will end because he had no sons. So we ask you to give us some of the land that our father’s brothers will get.”
5 So Moses asked the Lord what he should do.
6 The Lord said to him,
7 “The daughters of Zelophehad are right. They should share the land with their father’s brothers. So give them the land that you would have given to their father.
8 “So tell the Israelites, ‘If a man has no son, when he dies everything he owns will be given to his daughter.
9 If he has no daughter, everything he owns will be given to his brothers.
10 If he has no brothers, everything he owns will be given to his father’s brothers.
11 If his father had no brothers, everything he owns will be given to the closest relative in his family. This will be a law among the Israelites. The Lord has given this command to Moses.’” - Numbers 27 vs 1 - 11
Inheritance and ancestry can be determined either through the father or the mother. The above is contained right there in the Law of Moses and is hence the Law as far as God's Israel is concerned. undecided
Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by Maynthemayn: 6:53am On Feb 21
For law of moses, women no dey get inheritance to share? cheesy

Kobojunkie:
The following is equally whar the Law of Moses says. Inheritance and ancestry can be determined either through the father or the mother. The above is contained right there in the Law of Moses and is hence the Law as far as God's Israel is concerned. undecided
The above is talking about inheritance ONLY, in case you don't have a male Child then you can reconsider your female children.
The females are like second thoughts in law of moses lol

Also mention one single place in your Jewish scripture where a Man or a woman ancestry is traced from their mother.
John 6:42
Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by Dtruthspeaker: 7:00am On Feb 21
Maynthemayn:

The above is talking about inheritance ONLY, in case you don't have a male Child then you can reconsider your female children.
The females are like second thoughts in law of moses lol

Inheritance follows ancestry.
Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by Maynthemayn: 7:02am On Feb 21
Dtruthspeaker:

Inheritance follows ancestry.
Anyone can inherit a property.
Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by Dtruthspeaker: 7:09am On Feb 21
Maynthemayn:

Anyone can inherit a property.

See thief! Thiefuu! Ole buruku.

A stranger can almost never inherit another persons property only family members have that right.

So inheritance is based only on ancestry or gift as given by the owner in his life time
Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by Maynthemayn: 7:10am On Feb 21
Dtruthspeaker:

Based only on ancestry or gift as given by the owner in his life time
Ancestry has nothing to do with inheritance.
Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by Dtruthspeaker: 7:24am On Feb 21
Maynthemayn:

Ancestry has nothing to do with inheritance.

inheritance is 99% based on ancestry and your neighbour down the street can almost never inherit your property.
Re: How Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of Abraham by Maynthemayn: 7:26am On Feb 21
Dtruthspeaker:

inheritance is 99% based on ancestry
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Donald Duke Live At Deeperlife Power Night / What Is The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When Light Is Put Off? / Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.