Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons (20282 Views)

Tinubu Floors Atiku, Peter Obi In 3 LGAs In Rivers / Bala Mohammed: 150 Not 300 Died In Azare In One Month, Impose Lockdown In 3 LGAs / Dogara Heads Back To House Of Reps, Wins 2 of 3 LGAs - NIGERIAN TRIBUNE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by EdificationBoss: 6:16pm On Jun 24, 2018
Following the deaths of “over 100” persons on Saturday night, the government of Plateau State has imposed a curfew on Riyom, Barakin Ladi and Jos south Local Government Areas of the state.

The curfew was announced on Sunday afternoon by the secretary to the state government, Rufus Bature.

According to him, the movements in the three local government areas would be restricted between 6pm and 6am, but that those on “essential duties” would be exempted.

“The Plateau State government has imposed curfew in Riyom, Barkin Ladi and Jos South to avert a breakdown of law and order,” Mr Bature stated.

“Movement is restricted from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m., except those on essential duties.”

Ladi Choji, chairman of Berom Youth Movement, had told newsmen that over 100 persons were killed while houses, including churches, were torched.

He said 31 corpses were recovered from Gashish village, 42 others from different villages in Barkin Ladi.

The attacks were blamed on suspected herdsmen.

“I believe that this attack was carefully planned by the herdsmen in collaboration with some military personnel who aided the attack,” he said.

“We have recovered 34 corpses from Gana Ropp and 8 from Gashis while several others have not been recovered.

“The corpses would be close to 100 because apart from 42 corpses that we have recovered, we are mobilising people to go into the villages to pick other corpses corpses that have not been recovered.”

Mathias Tyopev, spokesman of the Plateau police command, confirmed the incident but could not give casualty figure.

http://newshelm.ng/plateau-imposes-curfew-on-3-lgas-following-deaths-of-over-100-persons/
Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by daryoor(m): 6:21pm On Jun 24, 2018
Assurance remix

I am looking for a jungle

Nigeria my jungle

#Get that visa

11 Likes

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by major466(m): 6:25pm On Jun 24, 2018
And the genocide continues. This Satanic govt should be overthrown!
What is Lalong stand on this? Was it anti grazing bill that cause the genocide on Plateau people? Stupid governor.
Plateau citizens must not make the mistake of voting this fulani slave again!

65 Likes

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by aminu790(m): 6:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
Allah sauwaka
Still wondering why the killings by bandits in my state is neglected by Buhari

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by LegitBoyy: 6:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
The stupid governor Solomon Lalong is bootlicking Buhari.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by LegitBoyy: 6:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
ClassRep001:
Idiots alway trying to spoil the Fulanis image.

Always accusing the Fulanis of every crime happening in the country.

I'm sure this particular evil act was carried by the Afonjas in collaboration with the Igbos just to paint the Fulanis as evil people which is false.

Allah will surely judge us all.

� ���
Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
embarassed embarassed Buhari

1 Like

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
am just singing my hymns for them as a good anglican
Fading away like the stars of the morning...
I didn't vote buhari....they did..

10 Likes

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 24, 2018
aminu790:
Allah sauwaka

Still wondering why the killings by bandits in my state is neglected by Buhari

Is well...no be only buhari na shekau...

anyway as a good person

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by slimfit1(m): 6:54pm On Jun 24, 2018
The IG still has a job with all these lives lost. Buhari's agenda is to take territory for Islam. If it was muslims that where being killed it would have ended time ago.

16 Likes

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2018
slimfit1:
The IG still has a job with all these lives lost. Buhari's agenda is to take territory for Islam. If it was muslims that where being killed it would have ended time ago.
dey there they blame IG.

There is little security agents can do to make 2 pple live together in peace.
We must 1st desire peace in our hearts

Even in USA people get killed due clashes

Security agents cannot be everywhere eternity.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by Firefire(m): 7:29pm On Jun 24, 2018
Buhary will not go unpunished.

Super clueless gonment with blood everywhere across the country.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by hardywaltz(m): 7:29pm On Jun 24, 2018
With
Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by theoldpretender(m): 7:29pm On Jun 24, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Plateau voted for PDP in the last presidential election....by a margin of over 100000 votes.

It was in the election for governor that APC won...largely because PDP was disorganised at the local level, and also largely because the APC candidiate was from a part of Plateau that had never produced a governor before.

And don't be a bigot.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by tunjijones(m): 7:30pm On Jun 24, 2018
Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by theoldpretender(m): 7:30pm On Jun 24, 2018
slimfit1:

grin grin grin grin

As it ended in Zamfara and Borno.....

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by Firefire(m): 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
[s]
ClassRep001:

I'm sure this particular evil act was carried by the Afonjas in collaboration with the Igbos just to paint the Fulanis as evil people which is false.

[/s]

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
non of my business
na dem vote buhari not me
they are 97% and I be 5%
so the difference is clear...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by Flexherbal(m): 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
May the souls of the dead rest in peace!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by emeijeh(m): 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
And sarrki was accusing that guy of raising false alarm last night.

God punish APC.

Stupid government.

#theylosewoefullyin2019

NinaArsenal:
Pray for me and my friends serving here in plateau state.
I am super scared here.
God preserve you all, till your POP

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
ClassRep001:

While you have a right to your opinions, remember that human lives just like yours have been lost.

Humans like you: people's parents, siblings, children...

Where is your sense of humanity?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by GRAMMARJAMES(m): 7:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
currently indoors, this is happening just beside my house . please advice those planning to come to JOS from Abj, or any part of the state to stay clear, Maraban Jama, AngulDi ,Bukuru, Vom isn't safe!! Gunshots every now and then. I don piss for body self

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by abimicko: 7:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
Am tired of this countr. Hardly will you run out of a month without story like this. Rip

1 Like

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by zombieHUNTER: 7:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
Curfew cannot solve it

Resisting Buhari and the APC is the only way to go

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by chloride6: 7:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
Shame on you Buhari and all the delegates from Plateau state who went to vote with their enemies.

You went to vote when your home was on fire.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by UncleJudax(m): 7:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
Lol. Yeye Gonment. After the curfew is relaxed... everything will be forgotten. The enemies will strike again...and again...

Sai baba

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by NinaArsenal(f): 7:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
Pray for me and my friends serving here in plateau state. I am super scared here.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by TreasuredGlory: 7:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
R
Re: Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons by debolayinka(m): 7:34pm On Jun 24, 2018
God is only hope.
For those who trusted Buhari as the messiah in 2015, I hope he has redeemed you guys now?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Okowa And Obasanjo In Closed-Door Meeting (Photos) / Heavy Explosions, Gunshots Rock Maiduguri / Dubai Prince, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Dies At 33

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.