Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,355 members, 7,780,953 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:19 AM

England Fan Travels To Russia Only To Realise He Left His Ticket At Home - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / England Fan Travels To Russia Only To Realise He Left His Ticket At Home (478 Views)

Portable Travels To Dubai With His Manager After Leaving Turkey (video) / Energy Bank: My Brother Kelvin Left His Marriage Since 2018 Before Meeting Maria / Bbnaija Dorathy, Wathoni Set Trap For Brighto As They Realise He Is Playing Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

England Fan Travels To Russia Only To Realise He Left His Ticket At Home by EmagNig(m): 9:42pm On Jun 24, 2018
An unlucky England football fan travelled thousands of miles to the World Cup in Russia - only to realise he left his ticket at home and miss the country's big win.

Douglas Moreton is now in Nizhny Novgorod, Western Russia where he expected to attend the England v Panama match - but he left the ticket in a drawer.

Devastated Douglas launched an appeal to anyone who might be willing to give him a spare ticket.

He bumped into ITV News editor Dan Howells who was staying in the same hotel as him at the time.

Dan took pity on the ill-fate supporter and tweeted out an appeal to his followers in the hope someone might help.

Dan tweeted:

"This is Douglas. He was at our hotel in Volgograd. We've just bumped into him in Nizhny Novgorod & he's realised he's left his match tickets in the drawer at home in Bristol. If anyone's got a spare on let me know. "

Since launching the appeal yesterday, the ITV News editor managed to find a spare ticket for the football fan.

Douglas had journeyed more than 2,000 miles to join in England's World Cup glory - which saw our side win 6-1.

Dan updated his followers saying:

'I’m afraid he only got back to his hotel 40 mins before kick off. Couldn’t get to the stadium in time to pick the ticket up.'

https://lailasnews.com/england-fan-travels-to-russia-only-to-realise-he-left-his-ticket-at-home/

lalasticlala

Re: England Fan Travels To Russia Only To Realise He Left His Ticket At Home by directorXixXICK(m): 9:46pm On Jun 24, 2018
A confirm Nigerian will not do this silly shït

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Warn Timaya Concerning His Own Swimming Pool Following Death Of Daniel / If You Are Not Driving A Tear Rubber Car, Don’t Approach Me – Ghanaian Actress / Supel- Stick Together (mp3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.