Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Nairalanders, Please Help! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairalanders, Please Help! (1871 Views)

Nairalanders Please Help Me!!!! / Nairalanders, Please Do You Know If MTN Office Open On Saturdays / Nairalanders Please Help How Locate This Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders, Please Help! by Seunkings02(m): 10:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
Hello Nairalanders ! I have been contemplating and have this feelings that I may have trouble as times go on about the arrangement of my names on my academic certificates and other non academic certificates and qualifications. On all my academic certificates I have arrangement of my names as First Name, Middle Name And Surname or Surname First Name and Middle Name as it required but my other non academic certificates and qualifications has arrangement of my names as Middle Name, First Name and Surname or Surname Middle Name and First Name (Including my Bank Account Name, Voter Card, National ID cards) Now I want to apply for International Passport but am confused how arrangement of names should be, I have been thinking of using Middle Name as my First Name and my First Name as my middle name just as it is on my non academic certificates and other qualifications. Please could there be any problem ahead? And please does arrangement of names really matter since it include all names, Especially Using Middle Name as First Name?
Re: Nairalanders, Please Help! by Obinnau(m): 10:41pm On Jun 24, 2018
Make sure your passport contains your surnames and your other names in the correct format, then go to high court and swear and affidavit that you who was formerly known as so so and so now wish to be addressed as so so and so

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Please Help! by Heemcelph: 10:41pm On Jun 24, 2018
Arrangement most times doesn't matter as long as the names are all the same on all documents regardless of how they were arranged.
Re: Nairalanders, Please Help! by Obinnau(m): 10:44pm On Jun 24, 2018
Heemcelph:
Arrangement most times doesn't matter as long as the names are all the same on all documents regardless of how they were arranged.
Its not true. Go and ask people applying for NYSC now. it's a sure 10k for correction
Re: Nairalanders, Please Help! by Heemcelph: 10:45pm On Jun 24, 2018
Obinnau:
Make sure your passport contains your surnames and your other names in the correct format, then go to high court and swear and affidavit that you who was formerly known as so so and so now wish to be addressed as so so and so
I don't think he meant there was a change of name at any point. The names are just not arranged according to format e.g Adebayo Musa Nnamdi, Musa Adebayo Nnamdi, Nnamdi Adebayo Musa.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Please Help! by Heemcelph: 10:48pm On Jun 24, 2018
Obinnau:
Its not true. Go and ask people applying for NYSC now. it's a sure 10k for correction
I've not heard of any case though, would find out. I know NYSC regularization costs 10k, I've not heard of anybody having issue in the format in which their names appeared.
Re: Nairalanders, Please Help! by Obinnau(m): 10:48pm On Jun 24, 2018
Heemcelph:

I don't think he meant there was a change of name at any point. The names are just not arranged according to format e.g Adebayo Musa Nnamdi, Musa Adebayo Nnamdi, Nnamdi Adebayo Musa.
I perfectly understand the explanations. For people using their certificates in Nigeria, it's not a problem. But it becomes a very big issue when you are applying for stuffs outside the country. someone I know was denied a scholarship because his names were not properly arranged
Re: Nairalanders, Please Help! by Heemcelph: 10:52pm On Jun 24, 2018
Obinnau:
I perfectly understand the explanations. For people using their certificates in Nigeria, it's not a problem. But it becomes a very big issue when you are applying for stuffs outside the country. someone I know was denied a scholarship because his names were not properly arranged
Don't know about how that works outside the country, never been out before. But I highly doubt the NYSC thing you mentioned earlier.
Re: Nairalanders, Please Help! by daewoorazer(m): 11:13pm On Jun 24, 2018

Your name arrangement matters

Haruna Ayodeji Chukwudi

Is NOT equal to

Chukwudi Haruna Ayodeji

The former has a Hausa father while
The former has an Igbo papa

Way out:
Gather your credentials, single out the erring ones and go swear affidavit. Take it everywhere you go and sin err no more

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean When They Say "d Best Things In Life Are Free?" / **lets All Unite And Create A 2go Room For This Great Site** / My Thought On Nigeria's Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.