Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs (12400 Views)

12 Possible Reasons You’re Not Getting Job Offers (Even Though You’re Qualified) / Tips To Land Your Dream Jobs / 10 High Paying Dream Jobs You Have Probably Never Heard Of (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by flex04(m): 1:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
Getting a good job these days is becoming a major challenge especially for young graduates. However, many recruiters will tell you that there are jobs out there but a large proportion of applicants are simply unemployable. A hiring manager has penned the following parody and almost everyone can learn from it especially jobseekers…

Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job!

Dear Applicant,
You applied for a job and I called you for a phone interview but you never picked up your phone and you never called back. Did you think I was a stalker or your little nephew asking for money again?
I don’t think you really wanted that job!

Dear Applicant,
I advertised a vacancy and requested that people send in CVs. Your email arrived with a cover letter in the body of the mail. I was really impressed and could not wait to view your CV. There was only one problem. You forgot to attach the CV.
I did the unthinkable… I replied your email asking you to attach your CV and you did not reply me until the next day, without an apology. In any case, it was already too late.

Dear Applicant,
I advertised a vacancy and requested that people send in CVs. Your email arrived with an attachment but no subject nor message. All I saw in the body of the email was
‘Sent from my Blackberry Smartphone’

Dear Applicant,
I advertised a vacancy and requested that people send in CVs. Your email arrived forwarded from the last place you sent it to. And PS, there was no attachment.

Dear Applicant,
I advertised a vacancy and requested that people send in CVs. Your email came in with a short cover letter telling me how qualified you were for the role. You said your CV would convince me beyond all reasonable doubt that you were the one for the position. I opened your CV expecting soo much…. and I did not find one word that qualified you as right for the position. I even used Ctrl F to search for the keyword in the role and came up blank.

Dear Applicant,
You were invited for an interview and you arrived slightly late but in good time. I interviewed you and to be frank, you were OK. The only problem was…. You were dressed in a micro mini skirt and had huge false eyelashes.
In my humble opinion, I don’t think you really wanted that job!

I really would love to take a stab at reducing unemployment but job seekers make it so difficult for anyone to help them. And so this is me venting and pleading…..
Prove to me that you really want that job!

Signed,
Hiring Manager.

source:
See Some of the Reasons You are not Getting Dream Jobs

10 Likes

Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by mrphysics(m): 2:50pm On Jun 25, 2018
Some people especially ladies reject calls from strange numbers. They call it disturbance yet they are looking for a job.

Some pick calls and become rude. They ask you how and where you go their number.

Some MDs are actors when they conduct phone interview, so many fail phone interview.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by myke92(m): 5:41pm On Jun 25, 2018
Even if you observe every rules in the book, it doesn't still guarantee you securing that job.. The hustle continues anyways.

11 Likes

Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by Pentools(m): 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2018
flex04:
Getting a good job these days is becoming a major challenge especially for young graduates. However, many recruiters will tell you that there are jobs out there but a large proportion of applicants are simply unemployable. A hiring manager has penned the following parody and almost everyone can learn from it especially jobseekers…

Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job!

Dear Applicant,
You applied for a job and I called you for a phone interview but you never picked up your phone and you never called back. Did you think I was a stalker or your little nephew asking for money again?

Dear Applicant,
I advertised a vacancy and requested that people send in CVs. Your email arrived with a cover letter in the body of the mail. I was really impressed and could not wait to view your CV. There was only one problem. You forgot to attach the CV.
I did the unthinkable… I replied your email asking you to attach your CV and you did not reply me until the next day, without an apology. In any case, it was already too late.

Dear Applicant,
I advertised a vacancy and requested that people send in CVs. Your email arrived with an attachment but no subject nor message. All I saw in the body of the email was
‘Sent from my Blackberry Smartphone’

Dear Applicant,
I advertised a vacancy and requested that people send in CVs. Your email arrived forwarded from the last place you sent it to. And PS, there was no attachment.

Dear Applicant,
I advertised a vacancy and requested that people send in CVs. Your email came in with a short cover letter telling me how qualified you were for the role. You said your CV would convince me beyond all reasonable doubt that you were the one for the position. I opened your CV expecting soo much…. and I did not find one word that qualified you as right for the position. I even used Ctrl F to search for the keyword in the role and came up blank.

Dear Applicant,
You were invited for an interview and you arrived slightly late but in good time. I interviewed you and to be frank, you were OK. The only problem was…. You were dressed in a micro mini skirt and had huge false eyelashes.
In my humble opinion, I don’t think you really wanted that job!

I really would love to take a stab at reducing unemployment but job seekers make it so difficult for anyone to help them. And so this is me venting and pleading…..
Prove to me that you really want that job!

Signed,
Hiring Manager.

source:
See Some of the Reasons You are not Getting Dream Jobs

Sorry OP I couldn't read all those not because u didn't scribble them well cus I actually read the first line and they quite seem interesting for job hunters.

However for me I'm actually not getting one cus I ain't applying, never did and never gonna do. I hate waiting to get paid only at the end of every month, I'm too hyperactive to report to the office by 8am n close by 4 or 5pm, Mondays through fridays and sometimes on weekends too, collecting paltries at the end of every 30days just to forget my dreams (modern day slavery) it's too boring and seems as evening Lagos traffic for my life and above all, I hate working under pressure or having to be a trash can where some dude posing as "boss" take out their horrible family and economic frustrated life out on, worst times you will be owned at the end of the month or get (sacked) thrown out to this ugly world unprepared.

Moreso, the best gift that can be given to any right thinking person is freedom and the best thing that can happen to anybody is to live his/her dreams regardless.

Signed,
Successful Entrepreneur/Self Employed.

#ChooseWisely!!!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by vizkiz: 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2018
What you guys need to understand is: You've got to make sure you take your time to study necessary things before interviews.

I.E Appearance, Speech and credentials....these things matter.

2 Likes

Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by Benfaco: 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2018
This is quite informative.

I always advice people to cross their "t's" and dot their "i's" before applying for any job.

There will always be lots of applicants competing for the same job you are looking for, so you've got to really distinguish yourself leaving no stone unturned.

1 Like

Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by Hofbrauhaus(m): 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2018
There are no jobs in Nigeria!!

7 Likes

Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by TheEminentLaity: 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2018
Dear Hiring Manager,

If every candidate you ended up not hiring had done as you keep suggesting, you would still hire one or just a few of the multitude of equally qualified applicants and still find reason to disqualify those you didn't select.

Thank your stars you are employed to even come up with such insulting rubbish during an era of unemployment crisis in the country. Many of those employed in the 90s and early 2000s stand little to no chance of gainful employment in today's labour market.

So shut up and stick to your job and select according to your criteria the few of many qualified candidates at your discretion and spare the resilient and persistently dogged job applicants the condescension and insults.

Kind regards,

Frustrated youth angry

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by ibori1(m): 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2018
mtchwwwwww

some pipo here never get any live job ,come to talk abt dream job,

3 Likes

Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by segebase(m): 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2018
m
Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by abmendozer(m): 5:46pm On Jun 25, 2018
Huh! What is this one saying?
Dream job in Nigera, when you don't know someone that knows someone.
Issokay, you go tey.

2 Likes

Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by makizee(m): 5:53pm On Jun 25, 2018
Abegii...What about the many Job Applicants that do all the right things and still do not get the jobs...The truth remains, there are no jobs commiserate with the number of graduates churned out yearly..so it takes more than just searching right, having a good grade and what not.
I really feel for every young graduate out there.

1 Like

Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by Balyz: 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:
Keep searching
Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by ThatCEO: 5:56pm On Jun 25, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:

You just said the truth. I want to employ someone that will make my company better n I want to start measuring d length or ur skirt or eye lashes? Person no get anything to offer, u say him write clean CV n cover letter, abeg!

There aren't just enough openings or quality candidates, not this one the OP is tossing around.

2 Likes

Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by Adeone: 5:58pm On Jun 25, 2018
double your investment in a short time,register with this link
https://www.nairapoint.org/home/index.php?username=walebilewu@yahoo.com
Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by Abee79(m): 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2018
Petty!!! undecided undecided undecided
Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by derrydinny: 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2018
we should protest against the idiotic and brainless mod that put this one fp, corruption is everywhere in nigeria and it will take the efforts of everyone of us to eradicate it

1 Like

Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ok
Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by Folashade2016(f): 6:13pm On Jun 25, 2018
Dream your kind of job after dreaming wake up and work towards it.
Don't wait for an employer to employ you or wait for white or blue collar job.

You can still check my SIGNATURE
Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by donestk(m): 6:16pm On Jun 25, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:
Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by manikspears: 6:16pm On Jun 25, 2018
abmendozer:
Huh! What is this one saying?
Dream job in Nigera, when you don't know someone that knows someone.
Issokay, you go tey.

He go they like pepeye cheesy

1 Like

Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by Hofbrauhaus(m): 6:22pm On Jun 25, 2018
Balyz:
Keep searching

Lol..Only fools search for jobs. And only useless hopeless fools search for jobs in Nigeria..zoo nation!
Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by aroundnaija: 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:

Lol..Only fools search for jobs. And only useless hopeless fools search for jobs in Nigeria..zoo nation!

Ayee. Ooo shocked shocked shocked
Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by JARUSHUB: 6:36pm On Jun 25, 2018
Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by Benjom(m): 6:49pm On Jun 25, 2018
Hope they'll learn 2 or more things from this.

The fastest way to a new job is with a new and AWESOME CV. Here are catchy samples for your use: https://.com/cv-samples

Those 5 samples are recruiters' choice.

Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by 1Dray(m): 6:50pm On Jun 25, 2018
Pentools:

Sorry OP I couldn't read all those not because u didn't scribble them well cus I actually read the first line and they quite seem interesting for job hunters.

However for me I'm actually not getting one cus I ain't applying, never did and never gonna do. I hate waiting to get paid only at the end of every month, I'm too hyperactive to report to the office by 8am n close by 4 or 5pm, Mondays through fridays and sometimes on weekends too, collecting paltries at the end of every 30days just to forget my dreams (modern day slavery) it's too boring and seems as evening Lagos traffic for my life and above all, I hate working under pressure or having to be a trash can where some dude posing as "boss" take out their horrible family and economic frustrated life out on, worst times you will be owned at the end of the month or get (sacked) thrown out to this ugly world unprepared.

Moreso, the best gift that can be given to any right thinking person is freedom and the best thing that can happen to anybody is to live his/her dreams regardless.

Signed,

#ChooseWisely!!!

Nice one... #YouAwake! Entrepreneurial Consciousness.
Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by Nigeriadondie: 6:53pm On Jun 25, 2018
undecidedThe jobs are not there in the first place. Before they wud say 1st degree, u get am no work, u go for 2nd degree them say u are over-qualified. You get Ph.D even from a foreign university them say dey can’t afford to pay u. You learn handwork, money no go dey to start up your own.Look not all can be an entrepreneur. Besides, the reality is that a bad country like ours there are no jobs due to stilffled economic growth no thanks to corruption. For those who are potraying owning a business as if it is hassle-free wud not tell u that multiple taxation, increased running costs due to tlack of light & good roads among others, stiff competition with those in d field, low patronage due to the fact that d purchasing power of your would-be customers is low knowing fully well that Nigeria home to tye highest number of poor people you have people who simply can’t afford your goods/services. Risks of theft, fire without insurance is also a big threat that can wreck an entrepreneur. Those in import/export have to contend with the wahala of exchange rate.

Even for many the start-up capital na wahala. Access to interest-friendly loan is only but a dream. Even the so-called microfinance banks wud come up with funny requirements for loan.

So both as an employer or employer as long as both live in a shithole, na wahala for all.

1 Like

Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by Mobsync(m): 6:55pm On Jun 25, 2018
Well said! But how about if the jobs are not available? That's another good reason you know.
Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by latonyn(m): 7:07pm On Jun 25, 2018
Wehdone OP

Have you gotten your own dream job
Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by egopersonified(f): 7:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
There is absolutely nothing wrong with working for someone. The most important things are improving yourself by acquiring the relevant certificates in your field, gaining experience, saving up capital for your business, etc. Two statements I read help shape my thoughts.
1) Read somewhere that during an interview, an Igbo guy was asked why he wanted a job and was not in business, he replied that he just came to save up for his capital
2) A boss advised his former colleague that your job pays you twice, you are paid your present salary and you gain experience that pays you in the future. Once you aren't learning anything new, its time to get out.

Then again, if I was working in Shell and being paid N2m per month, wetin consign me with business, na to save dey buy properties and retire as an international landlady.

4 Likes

Re: See Some Of The Reasons You Are Not Getting Dream Jobs by TheEminentLaity: 8:01pm On Jun 25, 2018
It's not by talking entrepreneur this and that be brave enough to tell us your start-up or companies that are so great undecided Mr Elon Musk.

The thing about people like you is that the real successful entrepreneurs don't preach and yap all day about entrepreneurship. It's only those who weren't even consistent enough to get a common good bachelor's degree that come online and talk sh!t.

Here again, I challenge you to name that 'great' entreprenurship thing that you are doing in Nigeria so we can monitor it and you and laugh when you fall within the known statistic that 9 out 10 start-ups fail within the first 10 years. Nigeria should be better to go against those odds in your opinion. angry
Pentools:

Signed,

#ChooseWisely!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

About Customs Training / Adecco Test Stage 2 Out / Nlightin Oil And Gas Graduate Job Recruitment 27th March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.