Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:21 PM

Canadian PR Or US Msc. Via Student Visa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian PR Or US Msc. Via Student Visa? (1693 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadian PR Or US Msc. Via Student Visa? by WhizzyG: 8:35am On Jun 26, 2018
Not so new on here...

I'm in a dilemma and I think seeking for diverse opinions will help me make an informed decision.

I'm stuck between applying for Federal skilled worker for Permanent residency to Canada or going to the States for MSc. I meet with the criteria for PR and my assessment score is good. I just need to take the ielts and apply. Then pray grin

If your age, finance or academic prowess wasn't a problem,
which would you go for if you were in my place?
Why?
which of both countries has better opportunities for an Accountant?

Awaiting your responses. Thanks
Re: Canadian PR Or US Msc. Via Student Visa? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 26, 2018
WhizzyG:
Not so new on here...

I'm in a dilemma and I think seeking for diverse opinions will help me make an informed decision.

I'm stuck between applying for Federal skilled worker for Permanent residency to Canada or going to the States for MSc. I meet with the criteria for PR and my assessment score is good. I just need to take the ielts and apply. Then pray grin

Why?

shocked
Re: Canadian PR Or US Msc. Via Student Visa? by WhizzyG: 12:03pm On Jun 26, 2018
Re: Canadian PR Or US Msc. Via Student Visa? by WhizzyG: 5:19pm On Jun 27, 2018
So I didn't get a response just maybe because
I'm not popular on this section? cry
Re: Canadian PR Or US Msc. Via Student Visa? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 27, 2018
WhizzyG:

Canada Pr all the way.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian PR Or US Msc. Via Student Visa? by klexycole(m): 6:59pm On Jun 27, 2018
WhizzyG:

Good evening bro.

In my own honest opinion, If I were to be in your shoes right now, I will definitely go with Canadian PR. The good thing is, you can apply to start your Msc in Canada as a permanent resident when your land. This translate to the fact that you won't have to pay as an international student, but as a citizen (way cheaper).

Furthermore, you'll flourish as an accountant in Canada in as much as you take the necessary courses, register with the accounting field-related associations, and networking with the best people that can influence your easy settlement. You also can't overemphasize the luck factor.

In addition to this, IT skills are quite in high demand not in Canada only, but most countries in the West. It would be advisable for you to take up an IT-related management course (such as Business Analysis, Project Management, e.t.c) when starting up your Msc as this would wonderfully increase your chances of landing a beautiful job before or immediately you land.

Another advantage of choosing Canadian PR over the other is the minimal cost of health care compared to the US. However, it would be very easier for you to become a Canadian citizen (4 years after your CoPR or so) in as much as you keep a clean criminal record.

Finally, I can go on and on, but u wouldn't want to bore you with too much words on here, there are numerous Canadian-based discussion thread on Nairaland, kindly visit them and relate with experienced people in this area of life. You'll get a first-hand review and advise.

I will mention some Canadian & US bosses on NL to come to your rescue. Conclusively, in any decision you make, I wish you the very best and hope to hear your migration success story very soon.

CC

TheCongo2, maternal, vcole, Lagosismyhome, salford1

The below thread is also helpful.

https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/294

Cheers! smiley

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian PR Or US Msc. Via Student Visa? by WhizzyG: 12:38pm On Jul 12, 2018
klexycole:

Good evening bro.

In my own honest opinion, If I were to be in your shoes right now, I will definitely go with Canadian PR. The good thing is, you can apply to start your Msc in Canada as a permanent resident when your land. This translate to the fact that you won't have to pay as an international student, but as a citizen (way cheaper).

Furthermore, you'll flourish as an accountant in Canada in as much as you take the necessary courses, register with the accounting field-related associations, and networking with the best people that can influence your easy settlement. You also can't overemphasize the luck factor.

In addition to this, IT skills are quite in high demand not in Canada only, but most countries in the West. It would be advisable for you to take up an IT-related management course (such as Business Analysis, Project Management, e.t.c) when starting up your Msc as this would wonderfully increase your chances of landing a beautiful job before or immediately you land.

Another advantage of choosing Canadian PR over the other is the minimal cost of health care compared to the US. However, it would be very easier for you to become a Canadian citizen (4 years after your CoPR or so) in as much as you keep a clean criminal record.

Finally, I can go on and on, but u wouldn't want to bore you with too much words on here, there are numerous Canadian-based discussion thread on Nairaland, kindly visit them and relate with experienced people in this area of life. You'll get a first-hand review and advise.

I will mention some Canadian & US bosses on NL to come to your rescue. Conclusively, in any decision you make, I wish you the very best and hope to hear your migration success story very soon.

CC

TheCongo2, maternal, vcole, Lagosismyhome, salford1

The below thread is also helpful.

https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/294

Cheers! smiley

Thank you very much for carefully taking your time to explain this points to me. I'm very grateful smiley

I'm a sis BTW
Re: Canadian PR Or US Msc. Via Student Visa? by Olabestonic001(m): 7:15pm On Jul 12, 2018
WhizzyG:
Not so new on here...

Why?

Go and write IELTS first to know what's up.
You must score 8777- LSRW to stand a remote chance of being picked for Canadian PR. It's not nearly as easy as you think; it's more tougher. However, it's worth it more than a US MSc.

After your M.Sc you'll have Trump and ICE to contend with. Years to get a Green Card and you might end up giving birth to undocumented children in US.

I was in your shoe last year December. I jettisoned M.Sc to pursue a possible relocation. But, it's not right to think you'll ace the IELTS easily- it's not a given but a project.

1 Like

Re: Canadian PR Or US Msc. Via Student Visa? by klexycole(m): 1:32am On Jul 13, 2018
WhizzyG:

Thank you very much for carefully taking your time to explain this points to me. I'm very grateful smiley

I'm a sis BTW

Glad to be of little help sis. Cheers! smiley
Re: Canadian PR Or US Msc. Via Student Visa? by WhizzyG: 12:25am On Jul 23, 2018
Olabestonic001:

Go and write IELTS first to know what's up.
You must score 8777- LSRW to stand a remote chance of being picked for Canadian PR. It's not nearly as easy as you think; it's more tougher. However, it's worth it more than a US MSc.

After your M.Sc you'll have Trump and ICE to contend with. Years to get a Green Card and you might end up giving birth to undocumented children in US.

I was in your shoe last year December. I jettisoned M.Sc to pursue a possible relocation. But, it's not right to think you'll ace the IELTS easily- it's not a given but a project.

Thank you very much for your response. I also gave the Trump drama a thought and it's really a lot to deal with considering I have no idea of what the future holds.

I have started preparing for my IELTS, my target overall band is 8. Though difficult but definitely attainable with adequate preparation and practice. My test is scheduled for early next month, hopefully I would be back here with a good news smiley

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Youtuber Eko Gist Visit Onitsha Watch His Interesting Documentary(video) / I Was Refused A Uk Visa And I Need Advice Cos I M Re Applying By Next Week / How Do I Cancel A Usa Visa, I Help A Client To Get Visa And He Ran Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.