Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? (34017 Views)

VAR During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match: Worldwide Reactions / Maradona Gives Nigeria A Middle Finger During Nigeria Vs Argentina Match / Maradona Smoking Tobacco During Iceland Vs Argentina Match. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by maisauki: 10:07pm On Jun 26, 2018
FIFA caused it... how will Argentina not win Nigeria when d eagles were not allowed to wear their asoebi

we gotta blame someone
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by opsyswagger(m): 10:08pm On Jun 26, 2018
Ok Argentina ryt, now.. cry cry

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by pikkasso(m): 10:08pm On Jun 26, 2018
Did you watch yesterday's game against portugal?? Abeg my friend if u don't know what to say just kip kwayet... we lost a handful of opportunities due to errors from ihenacho and ighalo.. But not whit standing we were robbed of some advantages.. E.g . The handball which would have been a penalty, the high boot against ihenacho which. Would have been a straight red card.. The 2nd tackle from that argentine player who was already on a yellow card but wasn't awarded another card just not to give us the advantage.. Nigga the list is endless.. When you put two or three together you would have seen a diffrent outcome

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Fahrenhite(m): 10:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
They were tension among all the Nigerian players at the opening of the first half.

They were afraid to tackle messi - - if you treat a man as a god then he becomes a god to you.

Moses should go star in any movie named falling man

Ighalo is inexperience. As a matter of fact all the Nigerian squad with the coach included are inexperience, lacks passion, will and confidence.

Argentina winning was inevitable when kelechi iheanacho failed to capitalize a beautiful chance in the first half. An experience player would have score in both iheanacho and Ighalo shoes.

Nigerian mentality of playing football in a tough situation or important competition is to just shoot shots anywhere belle face.

Finally, in order to play well you must be able to think fast, screen through ideas, process and execute in mere seconds. That's why smartness is the foundation of greatness. I rest my case.

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Sanchase: 10:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
I observed we went there for Asoebi not for football
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by IAmAmbrose(m): 10:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
My observation are
1. Moses fall faster than naira
2. Ighalo is not a striker
3. Our goal keeper is inexperienced
4. Our defenders are not yet are at the level we see them
5. Our coach is confused
#worldcup
#NigArg
#bbcworldcup
#brilaworldcup

4 Likes

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Cletus77(m): 10:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
OwenC:

Ya a goat
Meaning?
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by killuminati(m): 10:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
TissuePaper:
I believe the referee was not biased ...but nigerians would always look for who to put the blame on

Modified

So this was actually what happened grin...if it is true then i take back my earlier statement
na atm dey there? grin

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by bus1: 10:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
The Nigerian team showed the whole world the true Nigerian spirit on a global stage.

- Be mediocre, be half hearted, depend on God instead of hard work, depend on luck, lack patriotism, choose the easy way out, expect 2 penalties in order to win a match, be tactically bereft, lack passion, have a sense of entitlement, work without a clearly defined goal, don't be spurred on by the fact that 180 million citizens are behind u, dress to kill, but do a terrible job ......... Etc.

All these are ways the Nigerian team revealed to the world the true nature of Nigerians' daily attitude to life & work in general.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by wayodude(m): 10:10pm On Jun 26, 2018
People so there were no positives to pick out from that performance? Interesting
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by aspirebig: 10:10pm On Jun 26, 2018
Inexperience cost us the match.

If it was an European team that was playing Argentina,from 60 minutes all you will see is throwing , substitutes, falling and feigning injury once touched by the opponent till final whistle.Our players play in Europe and they should know better.

One second of mistake can cost any team the match.

We had golden opportunities thrown away by Ighalo, even the two goals scores by Musa against Iceland will be missed by Ighalo or Iheanachor.

When Musa crosses the ball no Nigerian player to score the ball.

Just to draw ..we cannot ..to score that one is more difficult .

Is better they come back than causing Nigerians more "heart attacks".

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 26, 2018
eluquenson:
The major setback was the coach using three strikers in second half, why bring in ighalo when we have defenders on bench

Our strikers are mere onlookers, they can't score but rather protest.

So many mistakes from the coach and super eagles players are mere average players.
Between ighalo and iheanacho I dont know which is worse, none should have been out there anyway, when they ought to just defend 10 mins and kill the game mr rohr chose to attack more...never fail to disappoint though.
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by pahars(m): 10:11pm On Jun 26, 2018
It is pathetic peeps re blaming d ref for Nigeria loss,common ds guy gave us a penalty in my view ws a very soft one....yet u blame him cos e didnt gv d second penalty...Nigerians will always look for excuses....bt i tink d boy tried der best if we to assess dem in d 3 games.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Charly68: 10:11pm On Jun 26, 2018
World cup is for the real men ,Nigerian players still have room to mature . They played but the best took the lead.. We shall see what happen in the next four years
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Matty91(m): 10:11pm On Jun 26, 2018
DIYhackers:
Coach was clueless, no experienced coach would play Ighalo ahead of Iwobi

Referee was so incompetent

We have no defenders

Super eagles have no game plan

They deserve to come home
In as much as I want to be an optimist in this situation rn, our boiz wouldn't have gone anywhere close to getting a shinning spot in the tournament. they played well, but they are not that good yet. And as for that Ighalo, he is already a mistake in the team.
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Dedetwo(m): 10:11pm On Jun 26, 2018
Africa is yet to produce thought process oriented society. All the nations that have won the trophy can actually think for themselves. Uruguay just did not have the natural resources to match its ability of tactical thoughtfulness. One of the Asian or North American countries is due to win the cup.
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by goldman777: 10:12pm On Jun 26, 2018
Nigeria sold the match leaving two argentina players totally unmarked beside each other inside the box free to comfortably hit d ball on a low shot in d 85th minute when 11nigerian player's should be defending from a direct slowly buildup cross shows corruption also exist in nigerian football d whole world knows nigeria is one of d most corrupt countries in d world and Argentina didn't fail to do d needful to ensure their qualfication and messi,s franchise we just watch a well scripted match cry mikel and co are smiling to d banks while nigerians are crying its unfortunate the love of money comes before country in this rotten corrupt nigeria its just an abnormal way of life we have chose accept in this country as a norm cry
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by gmaribel(m): 10:12pm On Jun 26, 2018
Leon Balogun really impressed.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Galaticos444: 10:12pm On Jun 26, 2018
TissuePaper:
I believe the referee was not biased ...but nigerians would always look for who to put the blame on

Modified

So this was actually what happened grin...if it is true then i take back my earlier statement
don't mind Nigerians always looking 4an xcape goat,everybody is claiming football fan cos of world cup.our penalty wasn't supposed to b awarded

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by temmytee2309: 10:12pm On Jun 26, 2018
The coach should have made some substitution around sixty or seventy minutess but he didnt do that, he was now changing player after arg 2nd goal, he should av also leave iheanacho on d field rather than bringing in ighalo
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by QuietHammer(m): 10:13pm On Jun 26, 2018
chinachris111:

WITH TEARS IN MY EYES, I WRITE THIS:
I am very sure majority of Nigerians left
everything they were supposed to do today to
honour our players as they struggled to reach a
positive end.
--------------------------------------------------------
First of all, I wish to congratulate our #players
for the wonderful performance they put out this
evening. I am sure we all saw that.
Yes we lost the match, oh yes I know we lost
the match. But did we really loose this match on
a normal ground?
My fellow Nigerians, I know how bad things are in
our country but let us put that aside for now
and consider the present situation.
......RACISM, OH YES RACISM!!!!
They treated us with contempt, denied us our
# right in the presence of the whole world and
made us look as if we are not humans. I know
very well that our players struggled, of course
they really struggled with everything in them, yet
their efforts were ruined, ruined not by normal
circumstances but with by hatred, and
magnanimous racism. Yes I know I may be
sounding stupid to some people but I am just
expressing myself the way I feel, and I know
very well that a lot of you out there are not
happy with what happened today.
Well, "the oil has spilled and cannot be
regained".
I suggest we appreciate our players for their
efforts and not criticize them(using the present
problems we are facing in Nigeria) because they
really did well.
Oh!!! It pains, it really hurts to be treated with
contempt, but I know one thing.
"Nothing last forever".
All hail Nigeria!!
All hail our players!!
Ogbeni fvck off with this sentimental bullsh!t

4 Likes

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Born2Breed(f): 10:14pm On Jun 26, 2018
You all think the super eagles will be victorious with so much blood in the land and with demonic Buhari still d presidiot.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Matty91(m): 10:15pm On Jun 26, 2018
I totally agree... they made the game tougher on Musa. there were a whole bunch of opportunities but Iheannacho and Ighalo dashed them out freely. I'm pained cry cry cry cry
aspirebig:
Inexperience cost us the match.

We had golden opportunities thrown away by Ighalo, even the two goals scores by Musa against Iceland will be missed by Ighalo or Iheanachor.

When Musa crosses the ball no Nigerian player to score the ball.

Just to draw ..we cannot ..to score that one is more difficult .

Is better they come back than causing Nigerians more "heart attacks".
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Afec1000givers: 10:15pm On Jun 26, 2018
most Nigerians are APC in nature...always like to blaming others for their failure. those who need it most played better.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Odunharry(m): 10:15pm On Jun 26, 2018
Nigeria came for a draw.
Ighalo, hmmm. Lemm not talk.

Mascherano is a beast
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by wolexy14(m): 10:16pm On Jun 26, 2018
The problem we had in the was ighalo.how can u miss too clear chances ...we dont need to blame the ref cos if ighalo had scored he wouldnt ve called for penalty. 2.the defenders head touched the ball before his hand ...and moreover ighalo should just not play for naija again abi which chances e wan see again after throwing aways does chances ?i suspect say them bribe am ?
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by matinco5(m): 10:18pm On Jun 26, 2018
ighalo bleeped up!!

well, I believe we were just unlucky, unlucky in the sense that the players all played with their strength, but their effort were ruined . I really feel for those guys....and to those shouting about the killings in Nigeria becoz we lost a football match its not the best. is there no trouble in other countries?....it's better you keep praying and fight back I 2019 with ur PVC
As for me, the super eagles tried and we have to appreciate them.....may God bless our dear nation #NIGERIA#

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Smarttravels(f): 10:19pm On Jun 26, 2018
Our coach was not hungry enough for a win. He probably sold the match.
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by justy15: 10:20pm On Jun 26, 2018
Ighalo is a total flop but what do you get wen we don't have a good replacement for him. Secondly, our coach failed to do the necessary changes in the 75-80th minutes which is bring ebuehi to strengthen the back n iwobi for musa in the attack. I understand the officiating was not in our favour but we wasted our chances too
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by DIYhackers: 10:24pm On Jun 26, 2018
Matty91:

In as much as I want to be an optimist in this situation rn, our boiz wouldn't have gone anywhere close to getting a shinning spot in the tournament. they played well, but they are not that good yet. And as for that Ighalo, he is already a mistake in the team.
I agree
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by Dedetwo(m): 10:24pm On Jun 26, 2018
Fahrenhite:
They were tension among all the Nigerian players at the opening of the first half.

They were afraid to tackle messi - - if you treat a man as a god then he becomes a god to you.

Moses should go star in any movie named falling man

Ighalo is inexperience. As a matter of fact all the Nigerian squad with the coach included are inexperience, lacks passion, will and confidence.

Argentina winning was inevitable when kelechi iheanacho failed to capitalize a beautiful chance in the first half. An experience player would have score in both iheanacho and Ighalo shoes.

Nigerian mentality of playing football in a tough situation or important competition is to just shoot shots anywhere belle face.

Finally, in order to play well you must be able to think fast, screen through ideas, process and execute in mere seconds. That's why smartness is the foundation of greatness. I rest my case.

I really do not know why these two knuckle heads played the same position while Iwobi sat on the bench.
Re: What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? by DIYhackers: 10:25pm On Jun 26, 2018
Born2Breed:
You all think the super eagles will be victorious with so much blood in the land and with demonic Buhari still d presidiot.
what's this one saying, use your head

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Daniel Daudu, Basketballer Dies In The USA (Photo) / Nigerian & Ugandan Players Dancing With Paul Okoye Of Psquare. / Barcelona Becomes The First Club To Have Players In Each Of The World Cup Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.