Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,783 members, 7,806,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Is This A Scam? Nlanders Help - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is This A Scam? Nlanders Help (1040 Views)

I Was Scammed By Two Nlanders. / Dear Nlanders, Ask Me Anything About How To Greatly Boost Business Visibility / Free Websites For 3 Lucky Nlanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This A Scam? Nlanders Help by InansBobo(m): 2:13am On Jun 27, 2018
Good people of Nairaland, please I need your help, I don't really know if this is the right section to post this...
A man sent me a friend request on facebook and I accepted, his profile said he's from Amsterdam, Netherlands. So he asked me of some of my info and said we should be good friends and he asked if I have an apple phone so that we'd do iChat and I told him I don't that am just a student in the uni and that it's expensive to afford by the average Nigerian. So he said he'd buy one and send for me, I told him, what about if he sends the money then I buy it here but he said HE WAS BANNED FROM SENDING MONEY ACROSS TO AFRICA. Then I said if he can ship it no problem. Now, this evening he told me he has sent it together with a laptop and that in the morning I should call the number on a receipt he sent to me so that I'd communicate with the waybill agent.

I'm feeling as if it's a scam and they may request for money from me(although I've promised myself that I won't spend N5 on it)
He has only 2 facebook pictures and his friends were hidden

Below is the receipt he sent, do u think its real?

cc: Dominique, FOD

Re: Is This A Scam? Nlanders Help by majamajic(m): 2:44am On Jun 27, 2018
it's a scam, they will request for like 20k for airway bill . that's the game.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Scam? Nlanders Help by chukwuibuipob: 4:00am On Jun 27, 2018
undecided so how he take get ur house address? So,within 24hrs u don received the waybill abi wetin u kal am?.Kip playing along. if d bastard(hope he is not one)ask u for money,tell him to help u with some.If he nor play ball then curse him,he'll runz
Re: Is This A Scam? Nlanders Help by marvelli(f): 4:43am On Jun 27, 2018
So he does not have video chat on WhatsApp and it must be ichat? Its most likely a scam, tell him you dont have money for airway bill. Btw who sends someone a macbook pro and an iPhone 8+ just like that undecided
Re: Is This A Scam? Nlanders Help by agarawu23(m): 5:42am On Jun 27, 2018
InansBobo:
Good people of Nairaland, please I need your help, I don't really know if this is the right section to post this...
A man sent me a friend request on facebook and I accepted, his profile said he's from Amsterdam, Netherlands. So he asked me of some of my info and said we should be good friends and he asked if I have an apple phone so that we'd do iChat and I told him I don't that am just a student in the uni and that it's expensive to afford by the average Nigerian. So he said he'd buy one and send for me, I told him, what about if he sends the money then I buy it here but he said HE WAS BANNED FROM SENDING MONEY ACROSS TO AFRICA. Then I said if he can ship it no problem. Now, this evening he told me he has sent it together with a laptop and that in the morning I should call the number on a receipt he sent to me so that I'd communicate with the waybill agent.

I'm feeling as if it's a scam and they may request for money from me(although I've promised myself that I won't spend N5 on it)
He has only 2 facebook pictures and his friends were hidden

Below is the receipt he sent, do u think its real?

cc: Dominique, FOD
you don't need to ask any dumb questions here. Your instincts should tell you it's a scam. How will you meet someone within 24hrs and he will be sending u laptop and iPhone just like that?

That's a scam format that has been trending for decades now. Even my 8 year old daughter will know this is a scam

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam? Nlanders Help by Nobody: 6:08am On Jun 27, 2018
Call a certain agent... grin grin
Same format everyday.
Re: Is This A Scam? Nlanders Help by InansBobo(m): 7:26am On Jun 27, 2018
agarawu23:
you don't need to ask any dumb questions here. Your instincts should tell you it's a scam. How will you meet someone within 24hrs and he will be sending u laptop and iPhone just like that?

That's a scam format that has been trending for decades now. Even my 8 year old daughter will know this is a scam
they just sent me a text to come get my parcel. And said I should call for home delivery. I just know its a scam by Yahoo boys

Re: Is This A Scam? Nlanders Help by InansBobo(m): 7:52am On Jun 27, 2018
chukwuibuipob:
undecided so how he take get ur house address? So,within 24hrs u don received the waybill abi wetin u kal am?.Kip playing along. if d bastard(hope he is not one)ask u for money,tell him to help u with some.If he nor play ball then curse him,he'll runz
they just text me now that I should call their agent. lol... They can't find work to do, looking for people to scam. He gave me a customer care line of SAHCOL and I google about SAHCOL and discovered the customer care lines even contradict
Re: Is This A Scam? Nlanders Help by chukwuibuipob: 8:20am On Jun 27, 2018
sad
InansBobo:
they just text me now that I should call their agent. lol... They can't find work to do, looking for people to scam. He gave me a customer care line of SAHCOL and I google about SAHCOL and discovered the customer care lines even contradict
sad
InansBobo:
Nig and their evil/wickedness to fellow pipu.Well,text him to send u credit card cos there's no card seller where u are @ present
Re: Is This A Scam? Nlanders Help by InansBobo(m): 8:32am On Jun 27, 2018
chukwuibuipob:
sad sadNig and their evil/wickedness to fellow pipu.Well,text him to send u credit card cos there's no card seller where u are @ present
lol, he's not even wise enough, I accepted his friend request in less than 20min. How they blocked him from sending money to Africa and he can't find other means even amazed and alerted me
Re: Is This A Scam? Nlanders Help by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 27, 2019
It's a scam. I almost fall for these, it was a lady. She told me that she is from the US she also told me that she is in the US Army.
She told me to help her and keep a box for her. According to her the Box contain some money which she said was about $320,000,000. It was recovered from one of there military operations and her fellow colleagues all agree to share the money among themselves secretly, and she needs my help to ship box to my country.
I was stock at the first place.
She told me that she will give me 30% of money if go according to plans. Let me shorten the story.
After she gave the box to courier service. She gave me the email of the company for me to confirm that I was the rightful person to receive the goods which I did. I also send them my passport for verification. I was surprised when the man that was bringing the box to me to send him $400 to settle the officer in mali in order for them to clear the good. After a long dialogue he agree to take $250, but I told him that I will pay on delivery which he disagreed. I contact the lady but she told me to pay the guy in order for the goods to be delivered. I to her to tell the man to collect the money from the box to settle those officers but she refused telling me all kind of storys I then told her consider me.
Till now I have not seen anything. My brother be wise.

(1) (Reply)

Checkout The Top Food Delivery Apps And Web Across Nigeria / How To Make Money With Opera News 2020 - Dont Miss Reading This / 10,000 Surgical Mask Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.