Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text (32217 Views)

What Are The Signs A Lady Is Interested In A Guy Over Text / 'In Life, Never Say Never' - Lady Gushes About Her Fiance In Pre Wedding Pics / If You Do This While "Toasting" Me, I'll Never Say Yes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by EntertainingYou: 6:11am On Jun 27, 2018
Relationships today are largely done over Whatsapp and chat and it’s pretty darn convenient too. However, no amount of emoticons can ever be a substitute for the real deal. Which is why, there are some things you do not want to be telling a guy over text, just to prevent complications or in some cases, because it’s the decent thing to do. Here are ten such texts that you must never send to a guy
1. “We need to talk.”
If you send these words to a man, then you might as well have sent him a text saying “It’s over”, because that’s what he is most likely to be thinking. Even if he doesn’t think that this is what you meant by it, “We need to talk” sounds urgent and official. It sounds like, whatever the topic of the conversation is going to be, it’s certainly not going to be pleasant.

2.”My period is late.”
Do NOT send the “I’m late…” text. This is not a text message conversation! Having a late period is a big deal and you do not want to have this discussion over SMS.

3.”Do you really love me?”
You really shouldn’t ever send a text like this, because this does sound clingy and desperate. Guys do like their space sometimes and they hate the thought of being pushed into saying things. If he loves you, he’ll tell you when he’s ready, and he probably won’t do it by text.

4.”It’s over.”
Breaking up with someone via a text is one of the big no-nos of texting etiquette. If he’s not expecting it, then hearing the news is going to be bad enough, without it coming in the form of a cold and blunt text.

5.”What have you been up to?”

This text is going to reek of two possible things. Either you are desperate to see him again or you don’t trust him! “How was your day?”, would be a far better way to find out what he’s been doing recently and it won’t have him thinking that you are checking up on him.

6. “I see you.”
Do.not.be.creepy! Even if you spot your crush from across the mall, do not ever send an “I see you” text! It is too weird.

7. “Are you ignoring me?”
If he’s been ignoring you, he’s not going to respond. And you’re not doing yourself a favour by asking if he’s ignoring you because he’s still not going to respond. Just let it be

8. “I love you.” (for the first time)

Don’t you dare break out the L word for the first time in a text! Love deserves a face to face conversation.

9. Screenshots of past conversations
Sending him a screenshot of a past conversation may seem like a good idea to prove your point at that time. But if they’ve already been resolved, then you’re only raking up unnecessary issues and adding fuel to the fire.

10. Sarcastic messages
Sarcasm isn’t easily understood even when the recipient is sitting in front of you. To expect a guy to understand it over text where he can’t make out if you are joking or serious is a little over the top. It’s a situation ripe for misunderstanding.

Also Read- "12 ways to Make Your Husband Love You Again and Rekindle the Romance"

Read here-https://www.newsvilla.com.ng/2018/03/11/how-to-make-your-husband-love-you-again-and-rekindle-the-romance/

source:https://www.newsvilla.com.ng/2018/02/24/10-things-never-say-guy-text/

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by QueenSuccubus(f): 6:55am On Jun 27, 2018
grin

4.”It’s over.”
Breaking up with someone via a text is one of the big no-nos of texting etiquette. If he’s not expecting it, then hearing the news is going to be bad enough, without it coming in the form of a cold and blunt text.

Since we're in a computer world, breaking up thru text is very common. cool

Why shud I waste my time meeting him juz to break up sha? What for? undecided

Isn't that our oldies they do break up as well thru letters as well? So, what's the difference?

8 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by OLAFIMIX(f): 12:33pm On Jun 27, 2018
Who get time for text when we can chat
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by buygala(m): 12:33pm On Jun 27, 2018
Another useless list sad

*walks out of thread

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by Homeboiy: 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2018
ok
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 27, 2018
QueenSuccubus:
grin

4.”It’s over.”

Since we're in a computer world, breaking up thru text is very common. cool

Why shud I waste my time meeting him juz to break up sha? What for? undecided

Isn't that our oldies they do break up as well thru letters as well? So, what's the difference?

Respect and civility even if it didn't work out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by Hofbrauhaus(m): 12:35pm On Jun 27, 2018
Na our problem be this?

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by bamasite(m): 12:36pm On Jun 27, 2018
How can this bring Nigeria back to the world cup in Russia?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by massinola(m): 12:36pm On Jun 27, 2018
buygala:
Mk
Abiola
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by MrWondah(m): 12:36pm On Jun 27, 2018
WhatsApp don take over. Why I go break up on text when i ho just do am on WhatsApp block you? It saves me four Naira

5 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by dabiriy(m): 12:37pm On Jun 27, 2018
11 . I want to make my Hair

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by Aliyu333: 12:37pm On Jun 27, 2018
Things wey dey make front page of late are pretty not worth the front page.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by Lazyreporta(m): 12:37pm On Jun 27, 2018
bamasite:
How can this bring Nigeria back to the world cup in Russia?

Guy, must you comment if you no get better thing to say?

Go football section na.

sad
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by petkoffdrake2(m): 12:38pm On Jun 27, 2018
Nonsense post

There are more relevant topics than this love thing.
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by ElFabchuks(m): 12:39pm On Jun 27, 2018
I didn't see 'What are we?' there..That one cringes me the most

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by DonKuty419(m): 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2018
so what are the things we say??
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by lawalosky(m): 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2018
did i just hear no. "its over" via text...
this op must be high on something

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by Patrinus: 12:43pm On Jun 27, 2018
Its over!

Pls if your bf is the clingy type/desperate and potentially violent don't do a face 2 face with its over!

Engage a third party, maybe his friend or even a pastor grin

Some guys can't handle rejection! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 27, 2018
wack list!!
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by freshdude99(m): 12:48pm On Jun 27, 2018
Only cheap ladies will talk to every man only women who can't stay in home or relationship will be open for everyman. Only women without purpose and unable to care for themselves without a man will seek vigorously to bring men to their knees and only boys get on their knees for such women.
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by hisexcellency34: 12:55pm On Jun 27, 2018
all these poo don't work
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by Willexmania(m): 1:01pm On Jun 27, 2018
petkoffdrake2:
Nonsense post

There are more relevant topics than this love thing.
Look At Your SIGNATURE.. !
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by Thebwoy: 1:06pm On Jun 27, 2018
I don't even know what to say

am really really un-annoyed
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by Jimmy231: 1:07pm On Jun 27, 2018
OLAFIMIX:
Who get time for text when we can chat
same thing
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by Trippledee(m): 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2018
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by lapazi(m): 1:13pm On Jun 27, 2018
Got no.3 recently... "Do you really love me?" and I'm like
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by footballflaver: 1:22pm On Jun 27, 2018
Bae sent me the "Are you ignoring me" text two days ago

actually I was ignoring her

But I replied her immediately

can't keep ignoring her

although I wanted her to acknowledge that what she did wasn't good

But.....

she's too precious to me to keep doing that cool
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by OlujobaSamuel: 1:25pm On Jun 27, 2018
there is none that i dont do with my babe and we are still cool all through, we even had ebreak up sef(its over), i said no probs, you can say it again in the next 24hrs if you mean it, in 24mins, none of us remember uttering such word again.
whatever is cool for you, do it, no stone rule in relationship
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by asawanathegreat(m): 1:26pm On Jun 27, 2018
No meaning
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 27, 2018
Sharrap I can send whatever I damn well please
Re: 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Guy Over Text by Ezeamaemmanuel(m): 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2018
This OP must be high on Ogbomosho weed... Nothing to learn from your post.

In order words, I just wasted my Mb. So you take this...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Accused Of Insulting Lady Who Refused To Date Him (Photos) / My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments / What's The Best Payback You Ever Gave?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.