Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

What Should I Do Please Advice Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should I Do Please Advice Me (2211 Views)

I Had A Child With My Brother's Ex Wife. Please Read And Advice Me / I'm In Big Mess, Please Advice Me On What To Do / I'm Having Serious Issues With My Step Dad Please Advice Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do Please Advice Me by royalguy123(m): 6:44am On Jun 27, 2018
Good Am, fellow NLs ,I allowed my eldest daughter to be using my small phone for Facebook, whenever I asked her to return my phone she will stop whatsoever she is doing.
I walked closed to her without her notice Lo she was CEX TEXTING with a boy through messenger,and she is just 15years,what do I do PLEASE ADVICE ME COS SHE IS MY FIRST CHILD!
Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by s3tt1ngz003: 6:48am On Jun 27, 2018
You have a 15yrs old child and u are having challenges with indecision? What you came here to create thread on is a very normal occurrence that any parent would handle. Oga pls yesterday trauma is enough for Nigerians okay?

6 Likes

Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by okenwa(m): 6:48am On Jun 27, 2018
Hmm, restrict her access to the phone, call the young man and discourage him from talking about it again with her.

Monitor her every move henceforth

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by pyyxxaro: 6:49am On Jun 27, 2018
Sex chatting at 15

Oghene bikoor sad

Slay queen ti takeover

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by soberdrunk(m): 6:52am On Jun 27, 2018
Have your wife give her 'the talk', she has hit puberty and it is only natural for her to start craving 'exploration", no need to get harsh with her or punish because if you do she will 'lock up' and receive 'the talk' and 'practicals' from the many hyenas roaming around looking for who to devour and this might make you a grandfather before your time......... angry

6 Likes

Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by Evangkatsoulis: 6:56am On Jun 27, 2018
Nothing to worry about. It is completely normal.
Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by yanabasee(m): 7:06am On Jun 27, 2018
They will say you should have a sex-talk with her..But to me that'd be a waste of time....

Just get a good cane and flog the living olosho inside her to disappear from her and set her free.

Else, be ready to be a grandpa when she turns 18.....

Good luck Amigo!!!

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by Gerrard59(m): 7:24am On Jun 27, 2018
yanabasee:
They will say you should have a sex-talk with her..But to me that'd be a waste of time....

Just get a good cane and flog the living olosho inside her to disappear from her and set her free.

Else, be ready to be a grandpa when she turns 18.....

Good luck Amigo!!!

It won't work, has never work and will never work.

@Royalguy123: Have a father to daughter conversation where you talk about the ills of sex-texting at her age and what the consequences will be. Talk to her about the dangers of unprotected sex (as that is the end result) - being pregnant and dropping out from school, ditto poor grades. Tell her that in the future she could be blackmailed with the pictures she is sharing. Please don't involve religion. Just be rational and prop up examples of women who have succeeded and their history and how you want her to be like them. Furthermore, tell her that these women did not sex-text to be where they are today.

As for her having a phone, nothing wrong with it. Only that you did not start early with inculcating the basics quickly. And no, don't beat, 'cos you won't be there when she starts tertiary education. Trust me when I say it is those that have been locked up for years that do the unthinkable things in the university.

Just practice what I have said and you will be fine.

smiley

4 Likes

Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by Alejoc(m): 7:30am On Jun 27, 2018
When you were at your age, how would you have wished to be treated?
Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by yanabasee(m): 7:34am On Jun 27, 2018
Gerrard59:

It worked.... Many of our fathers who are living a decent life now were spank and beaten by their parents and they are the last generations in Nigeria with a good number of well behave persons... Compared to this generation that indecency is seen as a thing...

Nudity becoming a norm in our country today.....

While prostitution is only condemn when caught in the act....

Talking should be done after flogging the child......

Take it or leave it!!!

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by Agybabe(f): 8:01am On Jun 27, 2018
How well do you train her? Did you teach her early on cex education? Who are her friends? What does she spend time on? What kind of school does she attend? What TV shows, movies, soap operas or programmes do you allow her watch? How friendly or close are you to her? Are you too strict?

Although, it will be unfair to put all blames on you because sometimes they get influenced outside and we can't help it.

Now, shouting on her or spanking her won't help out. You need to do more of talking, correcting and righting of wrongs and please do it in the most loving way. You don't even need to talk with the guy just yet, it may not be necessary if you do it well. If it persists, you can talk to him.

Most importantly, pray for your children. It works.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 27, 2018
15years old sex texting?? OK I GIVE UP embarassed
Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 27, 2018
Time for you and the mum to have a sex-ed talk with her.
Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by Gerrard59(m): 10:17am On Jun 27, 2018
yanabasee:

It worked.... Many of our fathers who are living a decent life now were spank and beaten by their parents and they are the last generations in Nigeria with a good number of well behave persons... Compared to this generation that indecency is seen as a thing...

Nudity becoming a norm in our country today.....

While prostitution is only condemn when caught in the act....

Talking should be done after flogging the child......

Take it or leave it!!!

Totally false. You are shouting "take it or leave it" as if you have studies to prove your claims.

On the other hand, let's assume you are right, why is the country in the way it is? If the previous generation were so good, why has it not been same for the country? Who raised the present generation? IMO, the previous generation is worse than the present considering their pontification which is laced with hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by Prognose: 2:47pm On Jun 27, 2018
Gerrard59:

smiley

Choi, dem don scatter cane for this one back, he no gree grin
Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by Gerrard59(m): 2:55pm On Jun 27, 2018
Prognose:

Choi, dem don scatter cane for this one back, he no gree grin

Not necessarily. It is because if it worked, the society would have been better - as an evidence. However, what do we see? Police, SARS, area boys, army, teachers and the general public exhibiting the end results of such system.

The end result shows beating a child does not work.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by Prognose: 3:08pm On Jun 27, 2018
Gerrard59:

Not necessarily. It is because if it worked, the society would have been better - as an evidence. However, what do we see? Police, SARS, area boys, army, teachers and the general public exhibiting the end results of such system.

The end result shows beating a child does not work.

The society WAS better until we became lax in morals. Police, SARS, area boys etc came as a result of corruption, not sexual conformation.

Our parents generation (30s to 60s) were definitely better than us when it came to sexual discipline. Then teenage pregnancy was shamed and virgnity was extolled as a virtue. Our moral decay began when we embraced western style of sexual permissiveness. And now we have more rapes, more pedophiles, baby mama is now a title to be celebrated and people don't want to add 'religion' to the discussion.
Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by Gerrard59(m): 3:20pm On Jun 27, 2018
Prognose:

The society WAS better until we became lax in morals. Police, SARS, area boys etc came as a result of corruption, not sexual conformation.

I'm sorry, but Nigerians should be the last persons globally to talk about morality and certainly the previous generation. Besides, morality is subjective. As for the bold, I don't quite get you.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by Kinggnicole(f): 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
What's the big deal about sex anyway? heck! it's just sex.
Here... talk to her about sex and make sure the conversation is not awkward. Tell her about HIV, STDs, unwanted pregnancy. Tell her the risks involved in abortion. Talk to her about her goals and tell her how contracting an STD or having abortion complications can affect those dreams adversely.

Now, tell her about boys and how they kiss and tell. Let her know that many of them will tell all sorts of things just to Bleep her. She might still go ahead to have a boyfriend. Tell her about the use of condoms.

The point is, don't make sex look like a sin because it's not. Tell her all there is to know about sex because no matter how much you may want to deny it, she's not a kid anymore. It is your responsibility to tell her these things. If she decides to have sex, at least she knows what she's getting into.

Let her decide.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by Prognose: 4:24pm On Jun 27, 2018
Gerrard59:

I'm sorry, but Nigerians should be the last persons globally to talk about morality and certainly the previous generation. Besides, morality is subjective. As for the bold, I don't quite get you.
Sexual suppression , not conformation. Typo.

And why shouldn't Nigerians talk about immortality? Isn't the first step to solving a problem acknowledging that it exists in the first place?
Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by Homeboiy: 9:52pm On Jun 27, 2018
12yr old girl in Benin city don dey sex chat from 11
Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by mimimile93: 12:58am On Jun 28, 2018
royalguy123:
Good Am, fellow NLs ,I allowed my eldest daughter to be using my small phone for Facebook, whenever I asked her to return my phone she will stop whatsoever she is doing.
I walked closed to her without her notice Lo she was CEX TEXTING with a boy through messenger,and she is just 15years,what do I do PLEASE ADVICE ME COS SHE IS MY FIRST CHILD!

A lizard can never give birth to a chameleon
The problem is from the root (ur wife).
Sorry for saying this. Naija women are all prostitutes.

My advice: Don't let her know you've caught her. Keep it cool. If you do, next time she will be extremely careful. Find a good day sit her down and educate her on sex education. The dangers of early sex and all that..
Don't beat her o or get angered with her. Just keep it cool.
Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by JoannaSedley(f): 5:25am On Jun 28, 2018
mimimile93:

My advice: Don't let her know you've caught her. Keep it cool. If you do, next time she will be extremely careful. Find a good day sit her down and educate her on sex education. The dangers of early sex and all that..
So you exonerate the father an blame the mother? What type of skewed mentality is that?

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by Eberechi24(f): 11:34am On Jun 28, 2018
this issue is very delicate, you thread with caution.

train a child in the way of God so that when she grow up she won't depart fromit but you and your wife fail to do these when she was younger.
since she has been introduced to sex world, sit her down (the mother should know how best to do this)

you tell her merits and demerits of sexual life citing life experiences not cock and bull story oo.
the mother be her guidance and counselor, its not enough to cite experiences. step by step moral instructions would help her
Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by eyinjuege: 7:48am On Jun 29, 2018
Prognose:

Our parents generation (30s to 60s) were definitely better than us when it came to sexual discipline. Then teenage pregnancy was shamed and virgnity was extolled as a virtue. Our moral decay began when we embraced western style of sexual permissiveness. And now we have more rapes, more pedophiles, baby mama is now a title to be celebrated and people don't want to add 'religion' to the discussion.

All those vices have been in existence since time immemorial. We just like living in delusions of grandiosity.
The priests who brought religion to us are the masters of rape, paedophilia and homosexuality.. So yes, don't bring religion into it, as most people are hypocrites.
As per our morals, is it not the same morals we had when we sold out brothers into slavery for mirrors and other ridiculous things? Is it today people have been defiling children and raping women?
Is it today boyfriend /girlfriend have been in existence in Africa? Of course it's usually done in secrecy.
There's the general belief that all the Blackman is good for is sex, and sex, and sex. We would rather be sexing than building and developing our nations.
We need to face reality, and stop blaming westernization for our deficiencies. Oyibo loves sex, but are not fixated on it. We love sex, and are fixated on it and hide under the guise of a morality that never existed. Bad combination IMO.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by Prognose: 12:19pm On Jun 29, 2018
[quote author=eyinjuege post=68922160]

All those vices have been in existence since time immemorial. We just like living in delusions of grandiosity.
The priests who brought religion to us are werethe masters of rape, paedophilia and homosexuality.. So yes, don't bring religion into it, as most people are hypocrites.

True, there is nothing new under the sun. However it wasn't as rampant then as it is now.

As per our morals, is it not the same morals we had when we sold out brothers into slavery for mirrors and other ridiculous things? Is it today people have been defiling children and raping women?

Your talking 15th century bro. Remember that at a time slave trade was considered the norm all over the world, not only in africa. Heck, if the Nazis had won we'd probably be engaging in slave trade till now. What I'm trying to say is that it has no bearing on our morals as a people as the world did not see it as a bad thing until one or two centuries ago.

Is it today boyfriend /girlfriend have been in existence in Africa? Of course it's usually done in secrecy.
There's the general belief that all the Blackman is good for is sex, and sex, and sex. We would rather be sexing than building and developing our nations.

@bolded, wtf?? grin, I havent heard this before, who believes that?

we need to face reality, and stop blaming westernization for our deficiencies.
Agreed.

Oyibo loves sex, but are not fixated on it. We love sex, and are fixated on it and hide under the guise of a morality that never existed. Bad combination IMO.

You just said the priests that brought the religion were the masters of all kinds of sexual perversion. Oyibo virtually preach sex everywhere they go. They had an entire era on sexual promiscuity called the Sexual revolution, they champion homosexuality, bestiality and now incest, making it public and shameless and even putting it into law. thier movies and reality shows are filled with sex, sex and more sex! It is more than obvious that Oyibo love, are fixated on and even obsessed with sex! Do not mistake good leadership for good morals, we have had a string of bad leadership in this country hence the lack of progress. Its not because we are 'fixated' on sex. And yes, high morality DID exist. Its just the common false mantra for millennials to say it didn't so that they can justify the decadence in their current society.
Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by cococandy(f): 4:33pm On Jun 29, 2018
So his wife is a prostitute?

Plep

mimimile93:

Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by cococandy(f): 4:35pm On Jun 29, 2018
Stop talking nonsense

It’s too early

Prognose:
Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by mimimile93: 4:45pm On Jun 29, 2018
cococandy:
Plep
B!tch am not married and never will.
Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by Prognose: 5:06pm On Jun 29, 2018
cococandy:
Stop talking nonsense

It’s too early

You're the crybaby aren't u? The attention seeker who goes round all the threads seeking validation?

Shoo.
Re: What Should I Do Please Advice Me by mimimile93: 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2018
cococandy:
Plep
You said it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sofas/couch For Give Away Price Sales!!! / There Is Nothing Like Husband/wife Snatcher: It Takes Two To Tango / 6 Reasons Married Women Cheat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.