Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,116 members, 7,807,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' (34632 Views)

Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises / Odion Ighalo, His Wife Sonia And Their Children Pictured After Leaving World Cup / Olga Diyachenko, Mikel Obi's Russian Wife Reacts To Super Eagles' Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by Gistformant: 8:30am On Jun 27, 2018
GistMore.com

Super Eagles's Odion Ighalo, says he takes full repsonsibilities for the team's loss at yesterday's match against Argentina.

The Nigerian team crashed out of the world cup after they failed to beat the Argentinian team.

Ighalo missed a few chances to score goals that could have secured a win for the Nigerian team.

In a chat with TheCable, Ighalo says he takes full responsibility for the loss of the match and has already apologised to his teammates.

'
'I apologise to Nigeria. I apologise to my team mates. I take responsibility for this game because I had taken those chances I had that would have made it a different ball game now. But that is football and life has to continue.

“It’s a sad day for me, the boys and the country because we went out in a bad manner and we deserved more in the gam. We had a penalty in the game and another one which the referee did not give. I missed a couple of chances that would have finished the game but that’s football because sometimes you win and sometimes to lose.”

GIST BY GISTMORE :: http://www.gistmore.com/take-responsibility-super-eagles-loss-odion-ighalo

14 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by Gistformant: 8:31am On Jun 27, 2018
Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by Talknochip(m): 8:34am On Jun 27, 2018
processing.....

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by DoctorGenerator: 9:04am On Jun 27, 2018
Are you sure you are still a striker?. You just kill 9ja dream. Anyway, in general the team tried so much

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by Psalm18: 9:06am On Jun 27, 2018
He was never a potent striker

Gra Gra and local champion can only take you to a certain level
Build the next squad with the boys that played atlethico Madrid and some of these present eagles
Also teach our boys and girls to be more confident in life. We are clearly lacking when the spotlight is on. We wilt massively

140 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by hisgrace090: 9:11am On Jun 27, 2018
Have you decided to resigned?

5 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by Digriz(m): 9:16am On Jun 27, 2018
Psalm18:

Build the next squad with the boys that played atlethico Madrid and some of these present eagles
Also teach our boys and girls to be more confident in life. We are clearly lacking when the spotlight is on. We wilt massively

5 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by onatisi(m): 9:19am On Jun 27, 2018
Psalm18:

I dont think the problem is ighalo,even he himself knows that he isn't good ,the problem is the coach ,why introduce ighalo early in the 2nd half when a player like iwobi was on the bench. I told ppl before that match that if ighalo is made to start any of the halves we will lose,he doesn't contribute anything to the team apart from conceding unnecessary fouls and free kicks

75 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by oooduancalmdown: 9:35am On Jun 27, 2018
Nigerians were blaming experienced referee for their loss instead of blaming this over-rated striker. Everytime they fail to play well in the tournament, they shout 'ojoro' and blame the referees. Funny country. Even the penalty that was given to Nigeria was not clear enough

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by oooduancalmdown: 9:40am On Jun 27, 2018
onatisi:

I dont think problem is ighalo,even he himself knows that he isn't good ,the problem is the coach ,why introduce ighalo early in the 2nd half when a player like iwobi was on the bench. I told ppl before that match that if ighalo is made to start any of the halves we will lose,he doesn't contribute anything to the team apart from conceeding unnecessary fouls and free kicks
But Iwobi played against Croatia and did not contribute much. Let us say the truth, your players lacked purpose and motivation. They actually never believed they could win the cup. Look at Argentina players. They had a purpose which is to win the cup. You could see it in the field. That 90 minutes was a battle ground for the Argentines.
Aso ebi boys were just there for fashion

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by Benjom(m): 9:59am On Jun 27, 2018
Go and 'sin', I mean, lose no more cool

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by 7kahfe(m): 10:17am On Jun 27, 2018
Apology accepted, we are already used to made in China even though we complain we would still patronize made in China

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by zeenaman: 11:23am On Jun 27, 2018
Keep your useless apologies

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:23am On Jun 27, 2018
Better!

But Nigerian footballers have to start learning how to work hard. They forget Football is their career.

Get yourself trained consistently. That's what made CR7 become a star.

The difference between CR7 and Messi is that even though Messi is more talented, CR7 is very hardworking and diligent ... and that's why he is better!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by Airoflaw(m): 11:28am On Jun 27, 2018
mtn

8 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by Kingsley1000(m): 11:38am On Jun 27, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
Nigerians were blaming experienced referee for their loss instead of blaming this over-rated striker. Everytime they fail to play well in the tournament, they shout 'ojoro' and blame the referees. Funny country. Even the penalty that was given to Nigeria was not clear enough
even the first pk awarded to Nigerians was so soft and we didn't even expect it...........I still wonder how this unbiased ref got it all wrong according to pained Nigerians

na pk una wan take win world cup?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by tgmservice: 12:03pm On Jun 27, 2018
h
Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by Hunry: 12:03pm On Jun 27, 2018
You are mad, useless no 9

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by seunny4lif(m): 12:04pm On Jun 27, 2018
Like Yakubu 2010
Like Ighalo 2018 grin

Yakubu is your mentor grin
Where Nigeria dey see all those useless no 9 self?

18 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by Paperwhite(m): 12:05pm On Jun 27, 2018
Too late! So late! undecided undecided Your career is @ stake.
Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by dgr8truth(m): 12:05pm On Jun 27, 2018
Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by mytime24(f): 12:05pm On Jun 27, 2018
K,
Bt go back china undecided
Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by pyyxxaro: 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2018
B4 we accept your apology

We are going to give you 300 strokes of the Koboko

Venue : Teslim Balogun Stadium

Time : 4pm

Date : 29th of June , 2018

Tickets are available at Silverbird cinemas, Kilimanjaro, Chibok lounge and Daura Eatery tongue

10 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by rentAcock(m): 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2018
No need to apologize, it was a team effort. But as fans we will still find scapegoats to blame. You win and lose as a team, one for all and all for one.

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by s3tt1ngz003: 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2018
yinka ayefele would have perfectly scored those chances Ighalo missed yesterday

What a striker

5 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by inoki247: 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2018
u are mad.. u wey dem suppose use du sacrifice for Boko Haram

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by pol23: 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2018
Apology accepted....That's what a true man should do..
If all opportunities turns to success,How many goal will Argentina have.
The score will probably be 15-6...
I wish Buhari can take responsibility for the killing under his watch too.

6 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by SoulB6: 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2018
After the did has been done
Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by Benblaq(m): 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2018
Bros no be your fault. even though you score, ref for do another stunt
Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by Nbote(m): 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2018
And hippos are busy blaming d ref and an imaginary conspiracy

5 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' by chigoizie7(m): 12:07pm On Jun 27, 2018
Mtchew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

China Vs Nigeria: 4 Nations Women's Tournament - 3 - 0 (Full Time) / Segun Odegbami For FIFA President Promo Photos / "I Don't Need Any Change" - Lionel Messi Responds To Cristiano Ronaldo Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.