Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! (15945 Views)

Pls I Need Your Advice Desperate Times Call For Action / Civil Defence Recruitment: 2.5m Job Seekers Groan Over Tight Measures Adopted / Professional CV and Cover Letter Templates For Job Seekers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by FunnyDude(m): 7:33pm On Jun 27, 2018
jeffcheddy:
This unemployment thing just tire me.... Sometimes i feel like being educated is a waste in this country. See as i just dey earn peanut with my bsc degree in physics. Na so person wan take build house,buy motor,com marry join? Naija which way na? God please pick my call. Its well!

I tells you.. On top how much wey I go take build house buy car and take care of mum... Man need double him hussle. This is Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by noble2faith(m): 7:34pm On Jun 27, 2018
domcreative:

By God's willing, I will come back to lag by December
Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by udo2018: 7:39pm On Jun 27, 2018
The economy is messed up.
Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by FunnyDude(m): 7:39pm On Jun 27, 2018
izzou:
FunnyDude

Walk into any pub. Take two or more bottles of Heineken. Send me a pm of the address. I'm on my way to pay cool

I'm working though, but I have this plan of retiring soon and being my own boss. Your thread is challenging. Thanks

You be correct man, I go add Nkwobi and pepper soup to join.. Lols
Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by kristen12(f): 7:41pm On Jun 27, 2018

1 Like

Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by FunnyDude(m): 7:45pm On Jun 27, 2018
initiate:

Your ideas are good except where you talked about soft skills. Nigeria is still a developing country and production level is still low hence we need hard skills if you get what I mean. We still import furniture toothbrushes even toothpicks. Every one has generator yet we can't even manufacture I pass my neighbour. It's in advance countries where service sector is largest that they need more soft skill. Apart from metropolitan lagos where else do you need it?

Cool. But soft skills is the internet where you need no capital to start. All what you mentioned requires capital to kick start it. In fact With the soft skills you work with it, make reasonable sum and invest in those hard skills you pointed. That's the brain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by anochuko01(m): 7:57pm On Jun 27, 2018
NA SO O. people actually see me as unserious because i'll rather hustle to see busines plan work rather waking every day in search of a peanut slavery like job thats not even available.
the problem is that we'v been progrmd to "go to schl, get good grades, get an employment, save in bank, get married, and retire in our 3 bedroom house we spent 10yrs to build"

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by MrHibee(m): 8:00pm On Jun 27, 2018
[quote author=kristen12 post=68882560]I would really love to learn graphics and coding. I wish I could afford it because it's quite expensive.

LYNDA premium access at a give away price of just 5k to access ALL premium courses.

What is LYNDA?
It is a website founded by LinkedIn where expert tutors upload step-by-step beginner-to-expert video courses online at a fee. Like UDEMY, SKILLSHARE, COURSERA, etc, there are over 100,000 videos on LYNDA in digital marketing, programming, web design, web development, graphics design, logo design, video editing, e-commerce, photography, forex trading, app development, social media management, leadership, hacking and cyber-security, cinematography, Microsoft office suite, and lots more.

Cost of accessing LYNDA?
Each course could cost you 25-30$ monthly to watch and learn. That's 9-11k to access for just a month or 360dollars or 100-125k naira a year. But you will have access to All courses for just 5k naira. Woah!!!

Benefits?
Upon course completion, you get a certificate you can print and even add to your Nigerian CV or LinkedIn profile. Remember LinkedIn is a website for professionals and networking, and there's no better e-certificate to add to your LinkedIn portfolio than their LYNDA certificate itself. This is also good for freelancers looking to learn new skills to sell on fiverr, upwork etc.

Premium access pass expiration?
1month to 9months, depends on how long you want it.

4 Likes

Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by olanewton(m): 8:10pm On Jun 27, 2018
Finstar:

Tell me you're joking.. While an undergraduate like me is earning 6 figures monthly doing something I love.. The internet is my home..

Bros please show me the way I am interested. Help a brother please
Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by Immanuelar(m): 8:26pm On Jun 27, 2018
Finstar:

Tell me you're joking.. While an undergraduate like me is earning 6 figures monthly doing something I love.. The internet is my home..

Hello bro, pls I seriously need a mentor on the IT skills, pls ao May contact u? Please I need this seriously.
You u can pls leave ur mail or numb or check my signature for my.number pls. Thanks
Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 27, 2018
kristen12:
I would really love to learn graphics and coding. I wish I could afford it because it's quite expensive. Hoping I get a sponsor

Ma'am, there are websites,youtube videos and books that would teach you to code, for free.

I learnt html5, css3, JavaScript and jQuery without paying anyone a dime. I don't even work as a programmer, I learnt it for fun.

4 Likes

Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by FunnyDude(m): 9:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
Coolcris:
As I much as I advocate for skills acquisition, I believe the major impediment that most graduates with vision are facing is lack of funds and sponsorship. It requires bulk money to acquire those IT skills and most graduates can't afford it and also to finance some business ideas.

This is not a matter of finance to learn a skill here or capital. Use your Data and learn that skill, nobody is asking you to pay a dime in learning YouTube skills

2 Likes

Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 27, 2018
FunnyDude:
It is very pathetic to me each time I see different jobs seekers moving in helter-skelter for interview invites that only needs few person to employ. These job seekers spend thousands daily on Transportation in a state like Lagos where there is hike in transport fares. The state of the nation is not helping us rather, this further buttress why "Job Seekers" needs to put their destiny in their hands. Recently, I went to meet a former colleague of mine at Workforce office, the population of job seekers trooping in and out was a hit back to back. This sets of graduates cut across all the disciplines and grades like 1.1, 2.1,2.2 and what not. I wept inside of me,and asked myself; Is this the true purpose of our acquired education? My answer is CAPITAL NO!
Dear Nigerian Graduates,
This is the time to wake up from your slumber. Awaking the spirit of I can do in you. Take your destiny into your hands. Face your worst fear and conquer it for good. We are not to attend Universities, paid fees and be a slave of jobs with our education. I thought they say education is LIGHT.
We have Army of unemployed graduates littering everywhere now. This is no joke. In fact is getting more higher daily with new sets of people joining the already saturated market and THE Universities keeps admitting. Gosh! I feel like dropping right now.
The only solution to this problem bedeviling us as job seekers is to look inwards and be REALISTIC about our life. We are in the IT era where you can learn so much skills and be comfortable with that SKILLS for life. I mean a skill that can generate you 6 figures. You heard me right. 6 freaking figures!!
Make a research with your internet, go to YouTube and learn a hot skills by your research . How can a graduate be driving OKADA in this Internet age WHERE soft skills rules the world.
Don't die in servitude all in the name of I'm a BSc holder and be paid pockets sized sum as salary . The truth is jobs are scarce now! Take your destiny and build it to your taste.
The ball is in your court today. Take Charge!

Oops!
I'm here to make common sense.
you would have made sense if you posted links to these skills or mentioned the skills themselves. The problem with Nigeria is not skills availability. This is a country with close to 200 million people. We are a consumer economy hence the product is finished before it gets here. The tech you mentioned is still the end product part of it that gets here. You will find sales jobs paying peanuts everywhere.. most businesses are looking to sell these "finished product" that have got no market really. Aside this, we are not embracing technology as fast as we should. The world is talking blockchain, IoT but you can barely find these discussions around in Nigeria. Volkswagen has launched a plant in Rwanda, this means automobile skills will sell.. no more imports from Dubai. If you visit SA, you ll find SA produced cars you find on their road.. BMW has a great market there. In Nigeria, we import cars.. we have mechanics not automobile technicians. I will advice any recent graduate to acquire skills in Data science. These are in hot demand now and in a short time it will extend to Nigeria. However, it is important your skill is certified and globally recognised.

6 Likes

Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by Indomie001: 9:24pm On Jun 27, 2018
grin .
Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by FunnyDude(m): 9:33pm On Jun 27, 2018
mrphysics:

How much should I charge to teach people how to earn like the attached image of my profile on Fiverr. I learned free and has been teaching people for free. Everything they need to start earning is in business section but they go to romance section to argue with us.

Mphysics you funny oo.. "They go to romance section to argue with us"

You inspired me codedly from day one of that your Kano thread. My fellow Superlion respect.

That guy wey want make unemployed person pay for him training here. The guy no get conscience ooo
Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by kayzay4all: 9:35pm On Jun 27, 2018
[quote author=FunnyDude post=68863820]It is very pathetic to me each time I see different jobs seekers moving in helter-skelter for interview invites that only needs few person to employ. These job seekers spend thousands daily on Transportation in a state like Lagos where there is hike in transport fares. The state of the nation is not helping us rather, this further buttress why "Job Seekers" needs to put their destiny in their hands. Recently, I went to meet a former colleague of mine at Workforce office, the population of job seekers trooping in and out was a hit back to back. This sets of graduates cut across all the disciplines and grades like 1.1, 2.1,2.2 and what not. I wept inside of me,and asked myself; Is this the true purpose of our acquired education? My answer is CAPITAL NO!
Dear Nigerian Graduates,
This is the time to wake up from your slumber. Awaking the spirit of I can do in you. Take your destiny into your hands. Face your worst fear and conquer it for good. We are not to attend Universities, paid fees and be a slave of jobs with our education. I thought they say education is LIGHT.
We have Army of unemployed graduates littering everywhere now. This is no joke. In fact is getting more higher daily with new sets of people joining the already saturated market and THE Universities keeps admitting. Gosh! I feel like dropping right now.
The only solution to this problem bedeviling us as job seekers is to look inwards and be REALISTIC about our life. We are in the IT era where you can learn so much skills and be comfortable with that SKILLS for life. I mean a skill that can generate you 6 figures. You heard me right. 6 freaking figures!!
Make a research with your internet, go to YouTube and learn a hot skills by your research . How can a graduate be driving OKADA in this Internet age WHERE soft skills rules the world.
Don't die in servitude all in the name of I'm a BSc holder and be paid pockets sized sum as salary . The truth is jobs are scarce now! Take your destiny and build it to your taste.
The ball is in your court today. Take Charge!

kindly share ideas with me 'coz i fall into this category but I refused to take peanut jobs that I've seen they can't even pay transport fare. thanks
Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by Indomie001: 9:39pm On Jun 27, 2018
yazach:
Op thanks for your this nice write up

I just want to say their is life in green

Go for green

Graduate!! Graduate!!! Graduate!!!!

Go for green.

By G R E E N, I mean agriculture

Yes Agriculture
my best line of business, but one need money to realise it.
Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by Indomie001: 9:42pm On Jun 27, 2018
FunnyDude:

You inspired me codedly from day one of that your Kano thread. My fellow Superlion respect.

That guy wey want make unemployed person pay for him training here. The guy no get conscience ooo
seriously that thing dey annoying me no be small , am unemployed and you 'll still be asking me to pay for ebook, isn't that wicked.
Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by mrphysics(m): 9:48pm On Jun 27, 2018
FunnyDude:

Well done bro. Nice thread. My respect boss.

People have to pay for their ignorance. Most people come to nairaland to argue forgetting that most people that spend time on nairaland have something doing. Some chat from office using their office Wi-Fi.

The day I opened the business section of nairaland, I regretted the last three years of my stay on nairaland. While I was arguing, some persons were busy making money online. I didn't pay for anything. I patiently read the Fiverr thread till the 10th page. Took the first step, was patient and within a year I made over $10k. I didn't pay for any tutorial yet I still have a nice work here in Abuja.

Instead of them to be visiting business section and investment section, they prefer to go to romance section and call us broke boys. One name highqueen, preashy156 or whatever are undergraduates yet they spent time on romance section arguing with us while I chat from the office with two dedicated writers for my freelance business.

Ignorance is important. The guy wants unemployed people to pay for information readily available online. SMH. I feel happy when those I guided call me that they want to make their first withdrawal. I feel happy because while others are importing and wasting the naira, I contribute to the strengthening of the naira in my little way.

All these people here shouting think it's a get rich quick program however patience is key.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by mcsnup: 9:48pm On Jun 27, 2018
noble2faith:

Edakun e help me! Facing same issue.. A graduate earning 22,000 per month. Working as a secondary school teacher at a private school. After taking transportation and feeding (not to talk of other little expenses), nothing is left for saving. I live from hand to mouth.

I have skill and I also want to develop it: I am a graphic designer. I also want to diversify into video editing, web designing, programming etc but the issue is capital. If I can get a brand new laptop, 70% of my problems is solved. Counting on npower stipend if they are going to pay 2017 batch B.
if I can get a brand new laptop really got me laughing, your problem is less than solve with bill gate as your partner if you mentality remains the same. You need to change and take the bull by the horn. Nothing was promised to come easy. You are in the teaching line and all you need to startup a company in that line of your is less than way less than 5k, use your head and you could just be the newest employer of labour and one of Nigeria problem solver.

1 Like

Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by FunnyDude(m): 9:53pm On Jun 27, 2018
mrphysics:

Well done bro. Nice thread. My respect boss.

People have to pay for their ignorance. Most people come to nairaland to argue forgetting that most people that spend time on nairaland have something doing. Some chat from office using their office Wi-Fi.

The day I opened the business section of nairaland, I regretted the last three years of my stay on nairaland. While I was arguing, some persons were busy making money online. I didn't pay for anything. I patiently read the Fiverr thread till the 10th page. Took the first step, was patient and within a year I made over $10k. I didn't pay for any tutorial yet I still have a nice work here in Abuja.

Instead of them to be visiting business section and investment section, they prefer to go to romance section and call us broke boys. One name highqueen, preashy156 or whatever are undergraduates yet they spent time on romance section arguing with us while I chat from the office with two dedicated writers for my freelance business.

Ignorance is important. The guy wants unemployed people to pay for information readily available online. SMH. I feel happy when those I guided call me that they want to make their first withdrawal. I feel happy because while others are importing and wasting the naira, I contribute to the strengthening of the naira in my little way.

All these people here shouting think it's a get rich quick program however patience is key.

That's the spirit bro. Our slogan "No matter the economy of the jungle we will never eat grass, it's not a pride. But because we are Lions."

Keep soaring. The sky is your starting point.

2 Likes

Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by mrphysics(m): 9:57pm On Jun 27, 2018
FunnyDude:

That's the spirit bro. Our slogan "No matter the economy of the jungle we will never eat grass, it's not a pride. But because we are Lions."

Keep soaring. The sky is your starting point.
Thanks and you too boss

1 Like

Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by FunnyDude(m): 10:00pm On Jun 27, 2018
mcsnup:
if I can get a brand new laptop really got me laughing, your problem is less than solve with bill gate as your partner if you mentality remains the same. You need to change and take the bull by the horn. Nothing was promised to come easy. You are in the teaching line and all you need to startup a company in that line of your is less than way less than 5k, use your head and you could just be the newest employer of labour and one of Nigeria problem solver.
I started with the used laptop for my undergraduate degree to start out. No excuse for failure, you have to take charge. The guy's mindset is not made up yet. Little wonder, our president call us lazy youth.
He is in line of teaching, if he's smart as I think, he might be earning six-figures by doing private tutorials and lessons or even adult tutor around.
I did this during my service year and I know how much was made. I even taught 4 jamb tutorials center then, I earned almost 6figures from tutorials.

1 Like

Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by franchuks(m): 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2018
Never easy.. Only the toughest survive.
Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by Carmal90(m): 10:48pm On Jun 27, 2018
mrphysics:

Thanks and you too boss

Sent a pm ..
Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by Simpubozz(m): 11:07pm On Jun 27, 2018
tenmariner:
There are graduates earning 8k monthly
are u guys just making things up or u for real? cos I can't imagine
Re: JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! by lovemaths(f): 11:09pm On Jun 27, 2018
I am a Computer Science graduate. It is not easy. Two years ago, I taught in a private primary/secondary school. I taught 11 classes. It took up my whole time that I had to resign. I am doing a program with Google and Udacity where I am learning front-end web development. I am also learning how to design with Adobe illustrator. I intend to be a graphic designer/ web programmer.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Application For N-Power Commence June 13th, 2017 / Kindly Attend The Physical Verification With The Items Listed In The Image Below / Nnpc Recruiting This Morning In Thisdaynewspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.