Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,873 members, 7,798,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 (10815 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match

South Africa: 23% (12 votes)
Uraguay: 71% (37 votes)
Draw: 5% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by obinna5000(m): 9:47pm On Jun 16, 2010
South Africa's chances of qualifying for the next round now depends on the outcome of the France - Mexico match tomorrow.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by mikeoscar: 9:49pm On Jun 16, 2010
Its a penalty and the referee was spot on.

Even if the match is played in Nelson Mandela's farm, any referee who know their rules and are worth their profession will send off the S.African goal keeper and award a penalty.

I beg go you too hash jor, ahn-ahn shocked shocked grin grin
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by obinna5000(m): 9:50pm On Jun 16, 2010
@kenerep
But a white man refereed "Ghana - Serbia" match and the Ghanaians won.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by debosky(m): 9:51pm On Jun 16, 2010
I'm gutted for South Africa, but they just weren't good enough.

Pienaar particularly disappointed in the 1.5 games he's played so far.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by aieromon(m): 9:52pm On Jun 16, 2010
next up to be bullied out of the finals - D' Chickens grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by samdigo(m): 9:53pm On Jun 16, 2010
the vuvuzelas died today
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by sage(m): 9:53pm On Jun 16, 2010
kenerep:

In a game largely dominated by the Uruguayans the referee has tainted a roller coaster win with sheer stupidity and probably racism and has put the question into my mind again, how come it is a white man that ref whenever an african country and any other country not from africa is playing? Is fifa going to say there is no ref that is black and not from africa that is worthy or being in the middle. Whether we like it or not this controversies will never cease racism is not an african thing it belongs to the whites! Now it has rared its uglky head in our own tournament! The red card was not only illegitimate the player was offside but the lines men and the the ref did not see that but the penalty what a cheap way of winning. Samuel Eto'o was asked the question can an African team win the world cup he answered an African team will win the world cup when FIFA wants it to!

are u well at all? Abi u don dey smoke Igbo?

The only racists involved are you whiny ass girls on this forum. A weak team loses to a better team and u guys are acting like cry babies. Make una continue to dey blame other people for una self-inflicted woes.  White man cause una to lose my nyash. Nonsense angry

Can anybody tell me what the ref did wrong?

He was spot on with regards to that penalty decision. Anyother thing I missed?
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Oba234: 9:54pm On Jun 16, 2010
honestly why are people surprised. I am proud of south africa but they are not a good soccer team, point blank.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 16, 2010
Massimo Bussaca is not a moi moi referee

This debate is not even worth it.

Show me anybody who thought the referee was racist and I will show you someone who only watches football when the World Cup is on.

Massimo Busacca is perhaps the heir to collina pierluigi in football refereeing
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by sage(m): 9:55pm On Jun 16, 2010
debosky:

I'm gutted for South Africa, but they just weren't good enough.

Pienaar particularly disappointed in the 1.5 games he's played so far.

I agree completely. I expected more from Pienaar in this tournament.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by otokx(m): 9:56pm On Jun 16, 2010
That is the thing with many Nigerians; they engage in chasing shadows. Uruguay was better than South Africa and there is nothing racist in that.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by buzugee(m): 9:57pm On Jun 16, 2010
sage:

Buzugee carry your racist self and go blow a vuvuzela. You lost! Get over it
all i need is 3 minutes in a room with you. me and you. mano au mano. put your dukes up son. ill beat the gbegiri out of you  lipsrsealed
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Borat1: 9:58pm On Jun 16, 2010
Unfortunately, this is the south africa i know. . . tongue
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by buzugee(m): 9:59pm On Jun 16, 2010
Mariory:

Easy. No need to resort to gay p@rn. grin

Seriously though there's still hope. Beat France and you have a very good chance to qualify. I get the feeling Nigeria is going to be in the same position.
grin you gat jokes
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by davidif: 10:01pm On Jun 16, 2010
mikeansy:

Massimo Bussaca is not a moi moi referee

This debate is not even worth it.

Show me anybody who thought the referee was racist and I will show you someone who only watches football when the World Cup is on.

Massimo Busacca is perhaps the heir to collina pierluigi in football refereeing

Wow!!! just when i was beginning to lose faith in Nigerians, someone restores my faith. This people don't know who the legendary Massim Bussacca is that refs champions league games and several other international games with lots and lots of international experience.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by marutimon: 10:02pm On Jun 16, 2010
First of all Suarez was offside, so nothing that Khune did mattered.

Second of all Suarez dived and Khune was just unlucky to touch the falling player who was looking for it.

Yes. Uruguay deserved the win. Yes. Khune made it easy for Suarez. But no - that should never be a penalty. Khune did not cause Suarez to fall over and did nothing to inhibit Suarez's chances to score.

As to Busacca: I suggest a blast to the past and watching the Ukraine - Spain game of 2006 (identical non-penalty and red card). He also never gave SA any of the 50/50 calls. I.e. the call for high foot, where both players were going for the ball. The SA player kicked the ball and not the Uruguayian and yet it was a freekick in a dangerous position.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by ratiken(m): 10:06pm On Jun 16, 2010
Uruguay was obviously the better team and were better positioned to win the game irrespective of the red card and penalty.
Suarez was offside and FIFA should not always rub it in on african teams
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by buzugee(m): 10:06pm On Jun 16, 2010
davidif:

Wow!!! just when i was beginning to lose faith in Nigerians, someone restores my faith. This people don't know who the legendary Massim Bussacca is that refs champions league games and several other international games with lots and lots of international experience.
i dont care if he refs chicken fight in china or dog fights in micheal vicks yard, the slowpoke needs glasses. he did an appalling job tonight and needs to be thrashed with a lanyard for his incompetency. thats all am saying
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by sage(m): 10:08pm On Jun 16, 2010
marutimon:

First of all Suarez was offside, so nothing that Khune did mattered.

Second of all Suarez dived and Khune was just unlucky to touch the falling player who was looking for it.

Yes. Uruguay deserved the win. Yes. Khune made it easy for Suarez. But no - that should never be a penalty. Khune did not cause Suarez to fall over and did nothing to inhibit Suarez's chances to score.

Wrong on all counts

1. Suarez was ONSIDE. You can go take a look at it again.

2. Ref was following a clear FIFA rule with this instance. Last man deny a clear goal scoring opportunity and its a RED card. There was contact and that was clear as day

Massimo Bussaca is a good ref, one of the best in the world. His decisions were spot on.

The only thing to blame here is SOuth Africa's piss poor performance
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 16, 2010
I hope you guys know the offside rule?

Where was Suarez when the Columbian who played the ball was just about to play it?

Anybody?
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by sage(m): 10:10pm On Jun 16, 2010
mikeansy:

I hope you guys know the offside rule?

Where was Suarez when the Columbian who played the ball was just about to play it?

Anybody?

Mokena played him onside. You can go watch it again
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by obinna5000(m): 10:12pm On Jun 16, 2010
South Africa's performance in their first match was way better than today. They were not impressive. I was even wondering if it was the same team.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 16, 2010
sage:

Mokena played him onside. You can go watch it again

I know that I am only asking those who say he was offside to go and watch again keeping the issue I raised in mind.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by marutimon: 10:16pm On Jun 16, 2010
1. Suarez was OFFSIDE. You can go take a look at it again.
The ball was redirected by a second Uruguayan player in the path of Suarez. Suarez was offside at that moment.

2. Khune DID NOT deny the last man a clear goal scoring opportunity. There was nothing in Khune's play that hindered Suarez's chance. He only touched Suarez when the Uruguayan was already diving and the contact was so minimal. If every touch was a PK than there would be 50 penalties awarded each game.

If the ref had video replay I doubt he would have given the call.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by ratiken(m): 10:18pm On Jun 16, 2010
marutimon:

The ball was redirected by a second Uruguayan player in the path of Suarez. Suarez was offside at that moment.

2. Khune DID NOT deny the last man a clear goal scoring opportunity. There was nothing in Khune's play that hindered Suarez's chance. He only touched Suarez when the Uruguayan was already diving and the contact was so minimal. If every touch was a PK than there would be 50 penalties awarded each game.

Spot on
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by buzugee(m): 10:22pm On Jun 16, 2010
marutimon:

abeg dont mind mikeansy and sage. they are uncle toms. anything a white man does is always right to them
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by face31: 10:23pm On Jun 16, 2010
Black/White/Pink/Purple - South Africa has got a lot of heart. I am one of those whiteys proudly blowing my vuvuzela (hope its irritating the hell out of you all) and fully aware that if there ever were underdogs, we are it. Regardless of the refs decision, pride in my pocket, Uruguay played a good game and deserved the win. Everything has to be a bloody race issue. WAKE UP! Win or lose, the nation is behind "our boys" and in the bigger picture that will do more for my country than a trophy. No, we are not at World Cup level! Did anyone think we were? And just for the record (because some idiots are under the impression that the whiteys are a bunch of maniacs killing off the Africans) I AM AN AFRICAN, proudly SOUTH AFRICAN and behind my team REGARDLESS. So if you want a soccer forum, then talk about soccer or shutup. Go do your whining on FB or MS. Well done Uruguay. Sterkte Bafana Bafana. Ons is agter julle wink
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by marutimon: 10:28pm On Jun 16, 2010
I'll even let you guys off on the dive no dive penalty no penalty. But it was an obvious offside when Cavani redirected the ball to Suarez. Forlan's pass was not going to go through.

Stop this clip at 26 sec. at the moment of Cavani's touch and the offside is obvious for anyone who is not blind. The lines show Suarez BEHIND Mokoena.
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by sage(m): 10:28pm On Jun 16, 2010
buzugee:

abeg dont mind mikeansy and sage. they are uncle toms. anything a white man does is always right to them

Free your mind from stupidity and mental chains. Even God cant help you at this point. Just dey spout nonsense that is not rational. Make a rational case for your viewpoint or keep quiet
"Uncle om" yada yada yada bla bla bla.  Uncle Jerry ko, Uncle Nibbles ni?

marutimon:

FALSE

When the ball left the feet of the last player of Uruaguay, Suarez WAS ONSIDE

Its a categorical lie to attempt to state otherwise.

There was a clear contact and following FIfa rules a penalty and a red card

Unless you guys were watching a different game
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by buzugee(m): 10:29pm On Jun 16, 2010
face31:

Black/White/Pink/Purple - South Africa has got a lot of heart. I am one of those whiteys proudly blowing my vuvuzela (hope its irritating the hell out of you all) and fully aware that if there ever were underdogs, we are it. Regardless of the refs decision, pride in my pocket, Uruguay played a good game and deserved the win. Everything has to be a bloody race issue. WAKE UP! Win or lose, the nation is behind "our boys" and in the bigger picture that will do more for my country than a trophy. No, we are not at World Cup level! Did anyone think we were? And just for the record (because some idiots are under the impression that the whiteys are a bunch of maniacs killing off the Africans) I AM AN AFRICAN, proudly SOUTH AFRICAN and behind my team REGARDLESS. So if you want a soccer forum, then talk about soccer or shutup. Go do your whining on FB or MS. Well done Uruguay. Sterkte Bafana Bafana. Ons is agter julle wink
how about i whoop your butt just on principles alone ? why do you think you can tell grown azz men to shutup ? what are ya don corleone or somebody ?  sad
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by canuck(m): 10:29pm On Jun 16, 2010
Sincere thanks to the NL e-commentary team led by snowdrops   cheesy

Able members of the award-winning e-commentary team included 9ja4eva, tit_squeez, buzugee, thando, mike_oscar, mykali, tipster and dominique  cheesy
Re: World Cup: South Africa Vs Uruguay (0 - 3) On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by marutimon: 10:30pm On Jun 16, 2010
Sage: See the clip I put up above. Suarez is clearly OFFSIDE when Cavani touches the ball. You have to be blind to claim otherwise after seeing the clip.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigeria Defeats Host (Niger) 2 - 0 || 2015 African U-17 CAF Tourney / Women’s Afrobasket: D’tigress Destroy Guinea, Set For Tough Senegal Clash / President Jonathan Sacks The Sports Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.