Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) (35437 Views)

I'm Giving Free 2 Odds Rollover For 5days / Shocking: Eight Members Of Iran's Women's Soccer Team Are Men / Arsenal Beach Soccer Team Will Play At Copa Lagos 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by Explorers(m): 9:36am On Jun 27, 2018
Search and rescue team, NAVY divers have resumed their search for a young football team who have been trapped inside a flooded cave in northern Thailand for five days now.

Hundreds of people have been mobilised to find the boys, aged between 11 and 16, and their 25-year-old coach who went into the cave in the northern Chiang Rai province.

The boys’ bicycles and soccer boots were found at the mouth of the Tham Luang caves, in the northern province of Chiang Rai, after they went missing late on Saturday.

They were believed to have been trapped by rising waters inside the cave network when heavy rain hit.

Members of a navy “seal” unit including a team of divers, are searching the cave system.

“The team went down to a depth of 5 metres (16 feet) and found a large chamber ... but we’ve found no trace of the children,” the navy unit said.

They were trapped when heavy rains are believed to have flooded the Tham Luang Nang Non cave's main entrance.

Meanwhile, their anxious parents and relatives camped out at the cave near the border with Myanmar and Laos praying for the children's safe return.

https://deccanchronicle.com/sports/football/250618/under-16-football-team-trapped-tham-luang-caves-chiang-rai-thailand-fl.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by Explorers(m): 9:38am On Jun 27, 2018
Anxious parents and relatives camped out at the cave near the border with Myanmar and Laos praying for the children's safe return.

Soldiers read the map of the cave network.

A rescue worker is seen inside of the Tham Luang caves.

2 Likes

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by MizMyColi(f): 9:41am On Jun 27, 2018
Shouldn't they be using aerial and ground heat sensors to detect their heat signatures?

God, I rebuke tragedy. I pray they come out alive.

Seriously, am I the only one who is tired of bad news filling Nairaland frontpage?

I blame Buhari.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by Sleekydee(m): 9:42am On Jun 27, 2018
eleyi gidi gaaan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by dominique(f): 9:46am On Jun 27, 2018
Hope they're still alive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by Explorers(m): 9:46am On Jun 27, 2018
Rescue workers are seen inside and outside of the Tham Luang caves.

A navy commander overseeing the search said he was hopeful the 12 twelve boys and their 20-year-old coach would be rescued.

“I believe they’re all still alive but they might be exhausted ... we should get good news today,” Rear Admiral Arparkorn Yookongkaew told Reuters.

People wanting to explore the cave are meant to get permission.

Thailand is in the middle of its rainy season when caves can get flooded or submerged.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/27/asia/thai-football-team-trapped-cave-intl/index.html

4 Likes

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by Flexherbal(m): 9:48am On Jun 27, 2018
May they be found alive !

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by Explorers(m): 9:54am On Jun 27, 2018
The boys and their coach entered the cave after training on Saturday.

They may have been cut off by rising flood water in the cave, officials said.

Navy SEAL divers equipped with oxygen tanks and food rations entered the cave early on Tuesday, where light rains continued to fall.

'Our team in the area went inside the cave early morning and will continue to walk to the cave's end,' Thai Navy SEAL said on its Facebook page.

Buddhist monks praying outside the Tham Luang caves for their safe return.

3 Likes

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by Explorers(m): 10:05am On Jun 27, 2018
Tham Luang Nang Non is a cave complex in the Doi Nang Non range.

It is a very long cave system with branches that go on for several kilometres.

Divers said they spotted footprints in one of the Tham Luang Nang Non cave's chambers.

2 Likes

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by emmadejust(m): 10:31am On Jun 27, 2018
God save them all alive

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by Tlyon(m): 11:33am On Jun 27, 2018
All is well.
Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by daveP(m): 12:05am On Jun 28, 2018
Hmm. See how fast the press was to cover this unsolved case.

meanwhile, somewhere In Nigeria......

This is Nigeria!!!!

4 Likes

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by McGg: 3:43am On Jun 28, 2018
sad
Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by sisisioge: 5:44am On Jun 28, 2018
Oh my! How far? Have they been found? It is well!

3 Likes

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:45am On Jun 28, 2018
sisisioge:
Oh my! How far? Have they been found? It is well!

Not yet.

1 Like

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by sisisioge: 5:56am On Jun 28, 2018
Explorers:

Not yet.

Chai! May God help find them...they are just children embarassed

3 Likes

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by Caseless: 6:02am On Jun 28, 2018
That's serious.

Explorer , the wicked thread producer is sure on a bad beat today.

6 Likes

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by magabounce(m): 7:05am On Jun 28, 2018
4 whole days!!! Survival chances are quite sublime

4 Likes

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by chillychill(f): 7:35am On Jun 28, 2018
:oTrapped for four good days.... I hope n pray they are still alive cry

1 Like

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:26am On Jun 28, 2018
magabounce:
4 whole days!!! Survival chances are quite sublime

Scary bro, maybe they are lost in there, couldn't find their way baxk.

A cave network with many channels that each can go kilometers.

Flash light batteries down, got separated, no food&water.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:34am On Jun 28, 2018
U.S. and U.K. joined the search.

A U.S. military team and British cave experts joined the rescue effort in northern Thailand for 12 boys and their soccer coach missing for five days inside a cave being flooded by near-constant rains.

A Thai army general coordinating the rescue said Thursday morning that overnight rain had raised water levels again and authorities switched off power and water pumps for fear of electrical hazards.

7 Likes

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:40am On Jun 28, 2018
Rescue of Thai soccer team trapped in cave complicated by heavy rains.

ping water out of the cave during the rescue operation at the Tham Luang cave in in Chiang Rai province, Thailand, on June 27, 2018.

Muddy water rising to the ceiling of one of the chambers has prevented Thai navy SEAL divers from progressing farther into the cave to where they think the 12 schoolboys and their coach, who went missing Saturday, may be sheltering.

There has been no contact with the group since they entered the Tham Luang Nang Non cave in Chiang Rai province.

Journalists use their phone as they report in Tham Luang cave complex June 27, 2018.

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by Folashade2016(f): 12:47pm On Jun 28, 2018
Thank God for their lives.

check my SIGNATURE
Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by zombieHUNTER: 12:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
MizMyColi:
Shouldn't they be using aerial and ground heat sensors to detect their heat signatures?

Seriously, am I the only one who is tired of bad news filling Nairaland frontpage?

I blame Buhari.

Where have you been...

See a country where human lives means something

6 Likes

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by englishmart(m): 12:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
thank God they were rescued alive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by Salex007(m): 12:49pm On Jun 28, 2018
now this is a country that values human life

13 Likes

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2018
See how smart a country can be, if it where to be my country just forget it, do we even have search team in this country embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

7 Likes

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by baby124: 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2018
What kind of coach is this? Was he suicidal or had other intentions. I don’t see why he would take these kids so deep into a cave... really irresponsible.

4 Likes

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2018
embarassed

1 Like

Re: 13 Under-16 Soccer Team Trapped In Underwater Cave For 5days In Thailand(Photos) by wildcatter23(m): 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2018
MizMyColi:

I blame Buhari.

You spoke my mind.

What's that transferwise about?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hazard, Ramos,bale, Modric And Others Resume Training For Real Madrid / Aidan Walsh Eliminated From Olympics By Injury Sustained While Celebrating / Arsenal Signs Nigerian, Marc Bola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.