Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? (15019 Views)

Is A Girl Who Does This Every Man's Dream Girl? ( PICTURE ) / 10 Disgusting Things Girls Do When A Guy Says I Dont Have Money To Give You / Things To Do With Your Girlfriend When You Don't Have Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by DONRAPH(m): 3:06pm On Jan 03, 2006
Can any of you girls tell me that she can date a poor boy from a poor family?

Romance Without Finance? * Can Love Without Money Work?
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by cheekee(f): 4:13pm On Jan 03, 2006
love is not about wealth(true love)...........if i love him truly i will date him and if things work well i will even marry.........................
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by Hotstepper(f): 4:23pm On Jan 03, 2006
ture talk@cheekee ..no condition is permanent..
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by vinna(f): 5:23pm On Jan 03, 2006
Only a shallow minded person will go into marriage just because of money.  If the guy has prospects, and i mean he his educated, knows what he wants, has concrete plans to achieve that and is presently on course.  even if he is not rich now, i know its just a matter of time.

And like henry ford said "if you take everythin i have know and give me 5 years to start from scratch, i'll have 10 times more that i have now."  It is what u have 'upstairs' that i term as wealth not what u have in your pocket.

Like a Pastor once said, "don't marry a man because of his television, marry a man with vision."
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by akins: 6:25pm On Jan 03, 2006
it can marry him if there is love
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by fancidiva(f): 3:06am On Jan 04, 2006
i absolutely agree with cheekee, vinnia and hotstepper.we shouldn't go in to marriage for what the guy can offer us.... i
mean in terms of material stuffs.that's not what marriage is all about and that's one of the concept some of the girls this
days don't understand... they are in for the mansion, cars, and so on.and that sucks!!!. embarassed
        i believe relationships or marriage should be based on love and not material things as long as he has his priorities all laid
out  which is okay at least you know he is heading somewhere. however, if he happens to be rich then let that be or consider
it as a bonus to his love for you  smiley wink
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by smartsoft(m): 3:12am On Jan 04, 2006
Bravoooooooo you all impress me
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by hotangel2(f): 3:21am On Jan 04, 2006
Okay now... Me i will actually talk truth here oo. All these true love thingy only applies to if you're dating someone u want to MARRY.

I am 16 for fxcks sake... i mean, i personaly am not thinking about marriage or trying to be with one guy for 4 years. So.. ermm.. right now, that i know im just going through my "teenage" years... i sincerely will say, i won't date any guy that can't pay for a movie date. Like hello, it's totally going to be different when im 23 of course. But for now, gimme a guy that has cash please. When im 23 i can be going with the "Dating isn't all about money" line.

Forgive me if i sound like Crap.. but that's the truth. At least be able to pay for a movie date, and buy pop corn, hot dog, and i could also see something i like while we r walking arround the mall.
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by ldollier(f): 4:59am On Jan 04, 2006
i will keep things real on this thread because i always keep things real. anywho for all the girls that go on saying " love isnt about money" "marriage should not be based on money". on the contrary money has a significant in a relationship. i have a question for those girls that says that money is not important.  why do parents ask a guy that is interested in marrying her daughter this question. " what do you do for a living". and also "why do guyz fake their profession"

take this scenario.. you( a middle class) date or marry a poor guy. you are simply asking for a divorce in the long run.. and yes i know that "no condition is permanent". but for the time being he is poor. and what makes you think that the situation wont be permanent?  if your parents don't tell you that the relationship wont last, then the society will tell you that.

am not going to sit up in here and type some 11, 12 yr old disney answer( love aint about money). in my own opinion. yes a girl can date a boy who does not have money.. but i don't think the relationship will last.

when the going gets tough. the tough gets goin.. oh heck nah..... YOU DROP THE TOUGH AND GETS GOING
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by fancidiva(f): 4:59am On Jan 04, 2006
@ hot-angel.... it's good to speak your mind.... so don't worry about sounding like crap..... wink smiley
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by hotangel2(f): 5:01am On Jan 04, 2006
@ ldollier... I tot i was the only real sistah up in here! Tell it to em girl!
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by fancidiva(f): 5:15am On Jan 04, 2006
to be honest .... i don't actually believe that because the guy is poor that it will result to a divorce in the long run..... if you take a look around there's been a lot of marriages that are still going strong despite their financial situations.... and in most cases those stuff they go through is even what keeps them strong and together....
    however, i'm not trying to discourage anyone...... i still believe that if you happen to meet a rich dude and is in love with him..... then ride on.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by ldollier(f): 5:20am On Jan 04, 2006
fancidiva:

to be honest .... i don't actually believe that because the guy is poor that it will result to a divorce in the long run..... if you take a look around there's been a lot of marriages that are still going strong despite their financial situations.... and in most cases those stuff they go through is even what keeps them strong and together....
however, i'm not trying to discourage anyone...... i still believe that if you happen to meet a rich dude and is in love with him..... then ride on.

now you are not being realistic. if their are financial difficulties that will lead to family problems.

and i took a look to be precise, most of the people that i know that are divorce can say that finacial difficulties was a part of the reason.

dont get me wrong, am not trying to portray myself as some "money loving chick" but am just being realistic here.
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by fancidiva(f): 5:50am On Jan 04, 2006
i absolutely get your point,... but don't you think it's wrong rejecting the guy you love just because he isn't rich?....

on the other hand, i don't see anything wrong in wanting  to marrying some that can take care of you.  and neither am i saying that some financial situatons can't lead to problems in the family..... my point is that there are a lot of marriages that has really gone from grass to grace  and that we all shouldn't base marriage on how much stuff he can offer.

please, he definitly doesn't have to be poor all the time neither does he have to be stinkingly rich. wink cool
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by hotangel2(f): 5:52am On Jan 04, 2006
fancidiva:

i absolutely get your point,... but don't you think it's wrong rejecting the guy you love just because he isn't rich?....

technically, she won't fall in love with a guy that has some financial comma.
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by Hotstepper(f): 5:55am On Jan 04, 2006
well parents do ask wat ppl do 4 a living asap..like i know ma parents would neva allow me 2 marry sumone datz not educated as well as maself 2 esp. business men..don't have anything againist dem but just choice but can marry educated turned business man as u'all know how 9eria is huh
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by ldollier(f): 5:57am On Jan 04, 2006
smiley smiley you sound/writes like you get my point.  cry cry cry but your contradicting yourself from your replies.  well anywho i dont do much of the arguing, i just keep it real and roll.  cool smiley

like i said. i wont sit up in here i say " if i love him, i would stay with him". all am saying is, its going to lead to some problems in the long run, which will make me to not even enjoy the relationship. dats like me asking you " will you marry someone that has one leg" and i bet ur answer would be" oh yes if i love him, i would do it"

my dear people pls, biko, abeg love is not blind.

thats why people are looking for ways to better themselves. i mean no one wants to be poor.
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by fancidiva(f): 6:00am On Jan 04, 2006
smiley cheesy grin
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by vokalguy(m): 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2006
Love is not about the material things...
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by ldollier(f): 7:48pm On Jan 04, 2006
king vokal. faceoffestac undeafeated champ. welcome to Nl. anywho we know love aint about material things. oh forget it. vokal(fof breed) kiss cheesy kiss
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by Ashbaby(f): 8:33pm On Jan 04, 2006
ldollier:

i will keep things real on this thread because i always keep things real. anywho for all the girls that go on saying " love isnt about money" "marriage should not be based on money". on the contrary money has a significant in a relationship. i have a question for those girls that says that money is not important. why do parents ask a guy that is interested in marrying her daughter this question. " what do you do for a living". and also "why do guyz fake their profession"

take this scenario.. you( a middle class) date or marry a poor guy. you are simply asking for a divorce in the long run.. and yes i know that "no condition is permanent". but for the time being he is poor. and what makes you think that the situation wont be permanent? if your parents don't tell you that the relationship wont last, then the society will tell you that.

am not going to sit up in here and type some 11, 12 yr old disney answer( love aint about money). in my own opinion. yes a girl can date a boy who does not have money.. but i don't think the relationship will last.

when the going gets tough. the tough gets goin.. oh heck nah..... YOU DROP THE TOUGH AND GETS GOING
Three cheers to you. I really don't see myself getting married to someone that can't atleast feed and shelter me. In this day and age where guys are mostly the bread winners and it's difficult for the woman, even with her prestigious degree to get quite far because of the man, I'll give HIM the room to show what his doing up the ladder financially....Have money! Not to say that it means I'm materialistic, but many marriage difficulties....take statistics....have something or other to do with money. And that's why I know my parents will for sure ask for dowry for the man to prove that I won't sleep hungry or outside in the cold!
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by ldollier(f): 8:38pm On Jan 04, 2006
smiley smiley my dear thanks for keeping it real smiley smiley
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by disney(f): 9:55pm On Jan 04, 2006
Hey askbaby, l feel you giddi gon.

Well, as for me sha, l can date a poor guy as long as he is school pursuing a career and he is 22 to 27 years old but if to say he just de do one yeye job and no de for skool. Sorry o, no be me o because persin like me like better thing. This one no be love o, after romance end, wetin my pikin go chop. Also , l can't date a poor man age 28 and above still suffering , am so so sorry to the guys that age.because l know the kind of girl l am. l love guys with money because show me your girlfriend and l tell the size of your pocket .abeg jo, l no sabi date poor guy.
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by hadesanjo(m): 12:20am On Jan 05, 2006
hot-angel is the black sheep in here!!
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by IAH(f): 12:33am On Jan 05, 2006
hadesanjo:

hot-angel is the black sheep in here!!

Me too! I've said it before on another thread. It's just that I can't go digging all the threads to find it. I think a guy has to be at least comfortable. I'm not suffering now so why should I shift from grace to grass?
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by funloving(m): 1:04am On Jan 05, 2006
what about a poor boy dating a girl who has money ?

I hope there is nothing bad in that one  because what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Rich boy + babe(rich or poor) = sweet love

therefore, Rich girl +boy( poor or rich) should also = sweet love ,abi 
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by nicetohave(m): 5:14am On Jan 05, 2006
IAH:

Me too! I've said it before on another thread. It's just that I can't go digging all the threads to find it. I think a guy has to be at least comfortable. I'm not suffering now so why should I shift from grace to grass?

Na wa o.........what is your definition of comfortable? also if you are comfortable now how does dating a poor guy make you suffer? i dont get that.
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by thelastdon(m): 10:19am On Jan 05, 2006
the knowledge of life is love.......if they have the knowledge........ they can make it even if the guy or gal has not seen a 20 naira not b4
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by vinna(f): 10:35am On Jan 05, 2006
Like i said before, what i look for in a guy is his prospects. From wat he says you'll be able to deduce if he is going somwhere.

I strongly believe dat wat u have in ur head + ur ability to put them into action=what u have in ur pocket.

For a serious relationship, if i have to choose between a rich guy (who maybe inherited the wealth) with nothing upstairs and a poor guy who is intelligent, properly educated and with vision and definite plans to achieve his goals. I'll choose the poor guy!

But if its just for a fling, then the guy has to rich enough to spoil me (not necessarily a billionaire cheesy)
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by thelastdon(m): 10:53am On Jan 05, 2006
vinna............. just go straight to ur point..

vinna: I like a man whos richer

chikenna
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by vinna(f): 10:59am On Jan 05, 2006
Are u sure u read my post? Or u did and didn't understand?
Re: Can A Girl Date A Boy Who Does Not Have Money? by thelastdon(m): 11:01am On Jan 05, 2006
I did, and dt was a vision my reply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Girls Pants Always Visible On Their Skirts? / What Does It Take To Turn You On Or Off? / I Fell In Love With My Son’s Dick Immediately I Saw Him Naked. Mother Of 3 Cries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.