Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) (6469 Views)

How The Discovery Of Alien Species Will Destroy Religion / Spiritual Implications Of Masturbation: My 24 Years As An Addict / Dreams: What Are The Implications Of Not Dreaming Or Remembering Your Dreams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by dalaman: 12:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
Lukuluku69:

Yeah. So it is settled that the Hindus were never Pagans as the Europeans say they were. As for the Mayans, and other Tribes of the New World, they ALL belief in a God, yes different names but they belief in an all pervading spirit that creates everything. calling them Pagans is derogatory and Islam rightly call them Polytheist. So, do you now agree with the earlier position that among all Nations, a Messenger lived among them?

Which messenger? They do not all believe in a God. They believed in different Gods. Some of them believe in a pantheon of God's that created not just a single God. It's demonstrably false to claim that a messenger existed amongst all people. WhHicham messenger lived amongst the ancient Hindus and what did he teach them? We have their history and nobody told them anything about Allah. What they've been practicing for thousands of years is still whet they are practicing today. Hinduism is presently the oldest religion on earth practiced by humans.

2 Likes

Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by tintingz(m): 3:13pm On Jun 28, 2018
dalaman:

Which messenger? They do not all believe in a God. They believed in different Gods. Some of them believe in a pantheon of God's that created not just a single God. It's demonstrably false to claim that a messenger existed amongst all people. WhHicham messenger lived amongst the ancient Hindus and what did he teach them? We have their history and nobody told them anything about Allah. What they've been practicing for thousands of years is still whet they are practicing today. Hinduism is presently the oldest religion on earth practiced by humans.
This is one of the lies in Islam that Allah sent his prophets to every nation.

The Quran didn't even mention one Prophet sent to the Eskimos nor the Chinese, these people tradition don't even mention anything about Adam story, even the Yoruba creation story is very very different from the Jewish.

2 Likes

Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by dalaman: 4:24pm On Jun 28, 2018
tintingz:

The Quran didn't even mention one Prophet sent to the Eskimos nor the Chinese, these people tradition don't even mention anything about Adam story, even the Yoruba creation story is very very different from the Jewish.

It's just an Islamic lie that is demonstrably false.

2 Likes

Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by Freh(m): 4:52pm On Jun 28, 2018
I believe life on other planets is a given. It's not logical to think that in this whole universe we are the only ones. Just as I believe it's illogical to believe this whole universe came from nothing. The religions may not have it right when they describe creation stories of 6 days and what not.....but it is extremely difficult even scientifically to imagine things just happening like that for no apparent reason. There has to be a cause for all the galaxies being discovered. A cause, I won't call God because of the image already in most peoples head. But let's say a single parlticle in the primordial chaos that reached a state of consciousness or entered a new quantum state and started a cascade reaction that gave birth to everything that we see.

Of course that would mean God is not a man in the sky sitting on a chair. That's a man made image. Instead "who is God?" We should ask "What is God". Instead of a he ir she think in terms of an it. Which I feel accurately portrays our ignorance on the definition of the God concept.

That's by the way. Just imagine what life on other planets will mean for Christian end-of-days teachings on rapture and destruction of the earth in fire. Is it the same timetable for everyone? If it's not let's hop on a spaceship to another planet and skip the end of days grin

3 Likes

Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by Freh(m): 5:11pm On Jun 28, 2018
tintingz:

Creation stories are mythical they are not to be taken literally. They are like parables. The right side of your brain is responsible for such creations. It tries to use pictures and images to portray truths that left brain would use numbers and facts to treat. Certain things cannot be presented yet in left brain language but the more science advances and new terms are created and new definitions which help us map the universe and our consciousness we will start understanding things as they truly are and loose the need for parables and dark hidden sayings.
There are a lot of phenomena we cannot observe simply because our minds cannot recognise it. It's like how I couldn't tell the constellations in the night sky and everything just seemed chaotic. But as I read books which told me about Orion, pleidaes, ursa majorand minor now any starry night I can identify them without breaking a sweat.
Different creation stories is not a proof that their religion was or is false. That's the problem with Religion. The first person who had the dream was probably transformed by its wisdom and meaning but overtime people loose grasp of the truth and worship external forms.

1 Like

Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by OkaiCorne(m): 5:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
Hi OP...it's a very interesting thread you've opened and has got me thinking a lot!

Ummm, extra-terrestial life will no doubt have an impact on religion as we see it. Especially if these extra-terrestials are far more advanced in intelligence than the human race. Several centuries into the future, these extra-terrestials will end up being worshipped as gods too.

With all due respect to what the human race has achieved... I still think there's a whole lot of things we don't know yet...

Just my two cents... please I'm not here to fight or argue with anyone...

Cheers...
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by OkaiCorne(m): 5:46pm On Jun 28, 2018
Freh:
I believe life on other planets is a given. It's not logical to think that in this whole universe we are the only ones. Just as I believe it's illogical to believe this whole universe came from nothing. The religions may not have it right when they describe creation stories of 6 days and what not.....but it is extremely difficult even scientifically to imagine things just happening like that for no apparent reason. There has to be a cause for all the galaxies being discovered. A cause, I won't call God because of the image already in most peoples head. But let's say a single parlticle in the primordial chaos that reached a state of consciousness or entered a new quantum state and started a cascade reaction that gave birth to everything that we see.

Of course that would mean God is not a man in the sky sitting on a chair. That's a man made image. Instead "who is God?" We should ask "What is God". Instead of a he ir she think in terms of an it. Which I feel accurately portrays our ignorance on the definition of the God concept.

That's by the way. Just imagine what life on other planets will mean for Christian end-of-days teachings on rapture and destruction of the earth in fire. Is it the same timetable for everyone? If it's not let's hop on a spaceship to another planet and skip the end of days grin

Lol... you're on point!
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by johnydon22(m): 6:50pm On Jun 28, 2018
tartar9:
“And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and earth and what creatures He has dispersed throughout them . And He, for gathering them when He wills , is competent.”
[The Holy Quran 42:29]

“And to Allah prostrates
whatever creature is in the heavens and whatever is on the Earth , and also the angels , and they are not arrogant.” [The Holy Quran 16:49]

No,existence of extra terrestrial life won't shake my beliefs-it only shows the might of God.

You do not understand the implications presented: Example; Finding microbial life forms on Mars will give insight on life formation mostly lending credibility to abiotic origins.

How will such discoveries fit into the narrative of Allah creating life to you?

What purpose can you ascribe for such occurance?

Now let's turn the question around:
How will the realization of the non-existence of extra terrestrial life affect your beliefs as an atheists-won't this strongly imply the existence of God?
Not really. As i am now i believe that it is either we are alone in the universe or we are not. Discovering the universe is devoid of life everywhere else raises a lot of question which one of those includes conditions necessary, factors and agents necessary.

Thou this is an hypothetical question because we can't know surely if extra terrestrial life do not exist,but we are strongly pointed towards this direction....The Fermi paradox.
organic compounds are carbon based thus we are carbon based life forms. the four major elements necessary for life are in abundance in the universe, so it is more likely that there is life everywhere else than it is that there is not. there is also a possibility that we are the first or even the very last of such.

1 Like

Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by johnydon22(m): 6:52pm On Jun 28, 2018
OkaiCorne:
Hi OP...it's a very interesting thread you've opened and has got me thinking a lot!

Ummm, extra-terrestial life will no doubt have an impact on religion as we see it. Especially if these extra-terrestials are far more advanced in intelligence than the human race. Several centuries into the future, these extra-terrestials will end up being worshipped as gods too.
What if this extra terrestrial life forms are just simple organisms like unicellular life forms?

With all due respect to what the human race has achieved... I still think there's a whole lot of things we don't know yet...

Just my two cents... please I'm not here to fight or argue with anyone...

Cheers...

Sure thing my man
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by johnydon22(m): 6:53pm On Jun 28, 2018
Freh:

Creation stories are mythical they are not to be taken literally. They are like parables. The right side of your brain is responsible for such creations. It tries to use pictures and images to portray truths that left brain would use numbers and facts to treat. Certain things cannot be presented yet in left brain language but the more science advances and new terms are created and new definitions which help us map the universe and our consciousness we will start understanding things as they truly are and loose the need for parables and dark hidden sayings.
There are a lot of phenomena we cannot observe simply because our minds cannot recognise it. It's like how I couldn't tell the constellations in the night sky and everything just seemed chaotic. But as I read books which told me about Orion, pleidaes, ursa majorand minor now any starry night I can identify them without breaking a sweat.
Different creation stories is not a proof that their religion was or is false. That's the problem with Religion. The first person who had the dream was probably transformed by its wisdom and meaning but overtime people loose grasp of the truth and worship external forms.

Somehow this makes sense to me too
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by johnydon22(m): 6:59pm On Jun 28, 2018
RuthlessLeader:
The only way I can see religion and other social phenomena being affected by alien life is if we are confronted by an alien civilization that wants to conquer/assimilate us.
And if these life forms are just microbes it wouldn't affect religions?

I say this because of the examples in history. Take for instance our ancestors in their communities. Before the colonialists, they had their own languages, religions and cultural norms and practices. After they came, we got nigeria where we worship another people's God, wear their clothes and have the same mannerisms and speak their language in our own dialect.

If an alien civilization were to meet with us with an active interest in our affairs; these things would change:
Language: As the civilization would have likely have colonized other worlds, they might have a galactic lingua franca for ease of communications which earth would have to learn.
Culture: when the colonialists came to nigeria back then, we were practically a nudist culture(igbos) or wore little clothing, had barbaric practices(killing twins, osu etc) and were generally primitive in all things. Today, we have poor clothing incapable of protecting us from elements, have stupid practices like sexism and racism, and technologically have only reached the moon. The aliens would have likely have conquered all this before becoming a spacefaring people.
Religion: The aliens would be stronger than us and more advanced. It would make sense for all our present day religions to go extinct and theirs become the new world religion. Or maybe they may be a secular or atheistic society.

Budaatum dalaman martinez19 hakeem12

Let us picture it this way, the Christian cosmogony paints a universe that is duly made with man as the masterpiece of the creator. In christian conception the cosmos started with the genesis narration and will end with the coming of Christ where everything is phased out to be created again. Now finding life everywhere else in the universe will imply new questions being injected into the christian narrative.

Are they subject to the original sin?
Death of jesus concerns them too?
Were they also created by God?
Does God speak with them just as he speaks to us?
I think a more advanced race is less likely to be religious. So what if they have no religion in the first place?
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by tintingz(m): 7:00pm On Jun 28, 2018
Freh:

The fact that you agree creation stories are myths it beg questions if these Gods in each religion exist.

Ofcos no religion will agree they are false but they are ready to argue with you yours is false.
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by tintingz(m): 7:10pm On Jun 28, 2018
tartar9:
“And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and earth and what creatures He has dispersed throughout them . And He, for gathering them when He wills , is competent.”
[The Holy Quran 42:29]

“And to Allah prostrates
whatever creature is in the heavens and whatever is on the Earth , and also the angels , and they are not arrogant.” [The Holy Quran 16:49]

No,existence of extra terrestrial life won't shake my beliefs-it only shows the might of God.

Now let's turn the question around:
How will the realization of the non-existence of extra terrestrial life affect your beliefs as an atheists-won't this strongly imply the existence of God?
Thou this is an hypothetical question because we can't know surely if extra terrestrial life do not exist,but we are strongly pointed towards this direction....The Fermi paradox.
If actually extraterrestrial entities exist and we're able to communicate with them and discover they have different ideas, views about everything, that's a problem to the Quran claims.

E.g Aliens showed us they created planet Earth, the sun, moon, stars etc.
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by Lukuluku69(m): 7:14pm On Jun 28, 2018
dalaman:

Ok. Let us do it this way. Have you ever read the Vedas? The Puranas? You mean they never talked about a Supreme God? Please find time to re-read them. The pantheon of Gods by the Hindus, surely someone must have made mention of them. My friend it is not demonstrably false to claim that a messenger existed amongst all people. That statement is over the board. To show you that what I am saying is true, go thru the History of every known people. A belief in a god/God is found amongst them.
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by RuthlessLeader(m): 7:21pm On Jun 28, 2018
johnydon22:
And if these life forms are just microbes it wouldn't affect religions?
Considering the fact that religions are stil going strong after all our advances as a species, I don't see how the discovery of a bacterium on enceladus will affect religion in any profound way. I think that for us to say religion will be affected meaningfully, the doctrines of the next generation will be almost unrecognizable to the immediate past one

Let us picture it this way, the Christian cosmogony paints a universe that is duly made with man as the masterpiece of the creator. In christian conception the cosmos started with the genesis narration and will end with the coming of Christ where everything is phased out to be created again. Now finding life everywhere else in the universe will imply new questions being injected into the christian narrative.
I agree with you but only if it is a civilization level alien or caveman level.

Are they subject to the original sin?
Death of jesus concerns them too?
Were they also created by God?
Does God speak with them just as he speaks to us?
There are almost 40,000 christian denominations and doctrines. There are likely to be many answers to these simple questions rather than accepting christianity/religion is bullshit.

I think a more advanced race is less likely to be religious. So what if they have no religion in the first place?
They could have a secular ideology that is an evolution of religion and if they are outright atheists/agnostics they may as well choose to deal only with scientists/secularists and use them(us) to govern earth or something
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by RuthlessLeader(m): 7:24pm On Jun 28, 2018
Lukuluku69:

Ok. Let us do it this way. Have you ever read the Vedas? The Puranas? You mean they never talked about a Supreme God? Please find time to re-read them. The pantheon of Gods by the Hindus, surely someone must have made mention of them. My friend it is not demonstrably false to claim that a messenger existed amongst all people. That statement is over the board. To show you that what I am saying is true, go thru the History of every known people. A belief in a god/God is found amongst them.
If allah sent a messenger to every nation why do we not see the EXACT SAME CREATION STORY in every culture and people?

Face it. Islam is trash
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by Lukuluku69(m): 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

If allah sent a messenger to every nation why do we not see the EXACT SAME CREATION STORY in every culture and people?

Face it. Islam is trash

Islam is not trash. As for the creation stories being different all around, blame that on Men. Men embellished the stories and some simply cook one in the brains.
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by RuthlessLeader(m): 7:34pm On Jun 28, 2018
Lukuluku69:

Islam is not trash. As for the creation stories being different all around, blame that on Men. Men embellished the stories and some simply cook one in the brains.
Ok islam is not trash. Why didn't Allah send one angel to preach his message to them and after that stay with them to make sure they don't deviate from his message.

Why is the quran so scientifcally illiterate.
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
Martinez19:
It will confirm the fact that we already know: the universe wasn't built for us.

Who was it built for?
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by Martinez19(m): 7:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Who was it built for?
Nobody in particular as far as I can see. grin
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by Lukuluku69(m): 7:43pm On Jun 28, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Ok islam is not trash. Why didn't Allah send one angel to preach his message to them and after that stay with them to make sure they don't deviate from his message.

Why is the quran so scientifcally illiterate.

I am not Allah so kindly direct your enquiries to Him on His inability to send an Angel that will abide/stay with people in order not to deviate from the message. It is Ok if you don't belief in God, I am not responsible for what you belief neither are you responsible for my Faith. As for the Quran being scientifically illiterate, well I am unaware of that. Most Books I come across tells me that the Quran confirm most scientifically proven phenomenon. May be you can point me to Books that prove the Quran wrong.
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by johnydon22(m): 7:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
Arondizuogu:

Who was it built for?
An amoeba in a puddle could ask that too
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by RuthlessLeader(m): 8:14pm On Jun 28, 2018
Lukuluku69:

I am not Allah so kindly direct your enquiries to Him on His inability to send an Angel that will abide/stay with people in order not to deviate from the message. It is Ok if you don't belief in God, I am not responsible for what you belief neither are you responsible for my Faith. As for the Quran being scientifically illiterate, well I am unaware of that. Most Books I come across tells me that the Quran confirm most scientifically proven phenomenon. May be you can point me to Books that prove the Quran wrong.
Well here you go:

Qur'an 76:2:
Yusuf Ali: "Verily We created Man from a drop of mingled sperm, in order to try him: So We gave him (the gifts), of Hearing and Sight."
Arabic: .إِنَّا خَلَقْنَا ٱلْإِنسَٰنَ مِن نُّطْفَةٍ أَمْشَاجٍ نَّبْتَلِيهِ فَجَعَلْنَٰهُ سَمِيعًۢا بَصِيرًا
Qur'an 86:5-8:
Yusuf Ali: "Now let man but think from what he is created! He is created from a drop emitted - Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs: Surely (Allah) is able to bring him back (to life)!"
Arabic: .إِنَّهُۥ عَلَىٰ رَجْعِهِۦ لَقَادِرٌ .يَخْرُجُ مِنۢ بَيْنِ ٱلصُّلْبِ وَٱلتَّرَآئِبِ. خُلِقَ مِن مَّآءٍ دَافِقٍ. فَلْيَنظُرِ ٱلْإِنسَٰنُ مِمَّ خُلِقَ
Here, the assertion is made that semen comes from between the backbone and ribs. This is false for obvious reasons

Sun sets in a muddy spring
The Qur'an states that Alexander the Great traveled to where the sun sets and to where the sun rises. This is impossible on a spherical earth, since there is no specific place where the sun goes "down". Furthermore, the Qur'an states that the sun literally goes into muddy water when it "sets".
"Till, when he reached the setting-place of the sun, he found it setting in a muddy spring, and found a people thereabout. We said: O Dhu'l-Qarneyn! Either punish or show them kindness. .... Till, when he reached the rising-place of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We had appointed no shelter therefrom." (Qur'an 18:86-90).

The sky is solid
Numerous Qur'an verses state or imply that the sky is solid:
"Then He ordained them seven heavens in two Days and inspired in each heaven its mandate; and We decked the nether heaven with lamps, and rendered it inviolable. That is the measuring of the Mighty, the Knower," (Qur'an 41:12). This verse implies that the "nether heaven" is impenetrable.
"Who hath created seven heavens in harmony. Thou (Muhammad) canst see no fault in the Beneficent One's creation; then look again: Canst thou see any rifts ?" (Qur'an 67:3). This verse implies that there are no holes or cracks in the heavens; it's impossible for space to have holes or cracks (in the classical sense), unless space is solid, like a dome over the Earth.
"And We have built above you seven strong (heavens), And have made (therein) a shining lamp (sun)," (Qur'an 78:12-13). This verse states that the heavens are strong; it is difficult for "nothing" to be strong. Perhaps, instead, the Qur'an heavens are actually physical objects.
"See they not what is before them and behind them, of the sky and the earth? If We wished, We could cause the earth to swallow them up, or cause a piece of the sky to fall upon them. Verily in this is a Sign for every devotee that turns to Allah (in repentance)." (Qur'an 34:6-12). It is impossible for a piece of he sky to fall and hit someone unless the sky is solid.
This is despite claims that the Qur'an predicts space travel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Well here you go:

Yusuf Ali: "Verily We created Man from a drop of mingled sperm, in order to try him: So We gave him (the gifts), of Hearing and Sight."
Arabic: .إِنَّا خَلَقْنَا ٱلْإِنسَٰنَ مِن نُّطْفَةٍ أَمْشَاجٍ نَّبْتَلِيهِ فَجَعَلْنَٰهُ سَمِيعًۢا بَصِيرًا
Yusuf Ali: "Now let man but think from what he is created! He is created from a drop emitted - Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs: Surely (Allah) is able to bring him back (to life)!"
Arabic: .إِنَّهُۥ عَلَىٰ رَجْعِهِۦ لَقَادِرٌ .يَخْرُجُ مِنۢ بَيْنِ ٱلصُّلْبِ وَٱلتَّرَآئِبِ. خُلِقَ مِن مَّآءٍ دَافِقٍ. فَلْيَنظُرِ ٱلْإِنسَٰنُ مِمَّ خُلِقَ
Here, the assertion is made that semen comes from between the backbone and ribs. This is false for obvious reasons

The Qur'an states that Alexander the Great traveled to where the sun sets and to where the sun rises. This is impossible on a spherical earth, since there is no specific place where the sun goes "down". Furthermore, the Qur'an states that the sun literally goes into muddy water when it "sets".
"Till, when he reached the setting-place of the sun, he found it setting in a muddy spring, and found a people thereabout. We said: O Dhu'l-Qarneyn! Either punish or show them kindness. .... Till, when he reached the rising-place of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We had appointed no shelter therefrom." (Qur'an 18:86-90).

The sky is solid
"Then He ordained them seven heavens in two Days and inspired in each heaven its mandate; and We decked the nether heaven with lamps, and rendered it inviolable. That is the measuring of the Mighty, the Knower," (Qur'an 41:12). This verse implies that the "nether heaven" is impenetrable.
"Who hath created seven heavens in harmony. Thou (Muhammad) canst see no fault in the Beneficent One's creation; then look again: Canst thou see any rifts ?" (Qur'an 67:3). This verse implies that there are no holes or cracks in the heavens; it's impossible for space to have holes or cracks (in the classical sense), unless space is solid, like a dome over the Earth.
"And We have built above you seven strong (heavens), And have made (therein) a shining lamp (sun)," (Qur'an 78:12-13). This verse states that the heavens are strong; it is difficult for "nothing" to be strong. Perhaps, instead, the Qur'an heavens are actually physical objects.
"See they not what is before them and behind them, of the sky and the earth? If We wished, We could cause the earth to swallow them up, or cause a piece of the sky to fall upon them. Verily in this is a Sign for every devotee that turns to Allah (in repentance)." (Qur'an 34:6-12). It is impossible for a piece of he sky to fall and hit someone unless the sky is solid.
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by Lukuluku69(m): 8:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Well here you go:

The sky is solid

Let me straight away tell you that I am no Scholar of the Quran. I don't know Arabic but I know a little of English and my Language Yoruba. At the bolded, ALL of them are your opinion and nothing more. Bring clear verses that says " and We created the Heavens solid. I hope you know what is meant by Figure of Speech? And talking about a piece of the sky falling on someone, how would you describe a situation where Asteroids hit a community?
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by RuthlessLeader(m): 8:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
Lukuluku69:

Let me straight away tell you that I am no Scholar of the Quran. I don't know Arabic but I know a little of English and my Language Yoruba. At the bolded, ALL of them are your opinion and nothing more. Bring clear verses that says " and We created the Heavens solid. I hope you know what is meant by Figure of Speech? And talking about a piece of the sky falling on someone, how would you describe a situation where Asteroids hit a community?
Okay the verses weren't clear. But please don't ignore the first two points or do you mean to say that they as well are figurez of speech because you would be intellectually dishonest
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by realmindz: 8:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
As large as the universe is.... It will be insane to think we are the only civilisation in the universe.....infact it is impossible...I believe there are millions if not billions of races scattered out there in the universe who may never come into contact with one another in billions of years.

For example, imagine an ant hill in one part of Asia, then another ant hill in Sarah desert in Africa... These ant hills are galaxies... Will the ants in Africa not think they are alone since they haven't come into contact with the ants in Asia?

Far far away in a distance part of the universe about billions of light years away lies several advance races who never for once think earth exist nor humans exists and we may never come into contact in billions of years to come.

now tell me, is it not laughable that the suppose god of the universe will send his only son to come to one microscopic portion of the universe to die for their sins so they won't perish in everlasting hell? Has Jesus or Mohammed gone to every edge and corner of the universe to die for them too Of course religion will shatter once knowledge of Extra Terrestrial reaches us.

Sooner or later, we shall come into full contact into one of the races who may not look anything like human but were also supposedly created in Yahweh's jmage

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by Lukuluku69(m): 9:13pm On Jun 28, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Okay the verses weren't clear. But please don't ignore the first two points or do you mean to say that they as well are figurez of speech because you would be intellectually dishonest
. Yusuf Ali: "Verily We created Man from a drop of mingled sperm, in order to try him: So We gave him (the gifts), of Hearing and Sight."

What are the components parts of sperm?
Spermatic liquid is formed by various secretions which come from the following glands:
a) the testicles: the secretion of the male genital gland contains spermatozoons, which are elongated cells with a long flagellum; they are bathed in a sero-fluid liquid.
b) the seminal vesicles. these organs are reservoirs of spermatozoons and are placed near the prostate gland; they also secrete their own liquid but it does not contain any fertilizing agents.
c) the prostate gland: this secretes a liquid which gives the sperm its creamy texture and characteristic odour.
d) the glands annexed to the urinary tract: Cooper's or Méry's glands secrete a stringy liquid and Littré's glands give off mucous. These are the origins of the 'mingled liquids' which the Qur'an would appear to refer to.
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by Lukuluku69(m): 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2018
realmindz:
As large as the universe is.... It will be insane to think we are the only civilisation in the universe.....infact it is impossible...I believe there are millions if not billions of races scattered out there in the universe who may never come into contact with one another in billions of years.

For example, imagine an ant hill in one part of Asia, then another ant hill in Sarah desert in Africa... These ant hills are galaxies... Will the ants in Africa not think they are alone since they haven't come into contact with the ants in Asia?

Far far away in a distance part of the universe about billions of light years away lies several advance races who never for once think earth exist nor humans exists and we may never come into contact in billions of years to come.

now tell me, is it not laughable that the suppose god of the universe will send his only son to come to one microscopic portion of the universe to die for their sins so they won't perish in everlasting hell? Has Jesus or Mohammed gone to every edge and corner of the universe to die for them too Of course religion will shatter once knowledge of Extra Terrestrial reaches us.

Sooner or later, we shall come into full contact into one of the races who may not look anything like human but were also supposedly created in Yahweh's jmage

What you put up here is exactly my view. Imagine an Ant in say Australia with a life span of say two years embarking on a Journey to The desert of Mongolia? How possible is that journey coming to fruition? The only difference in your post with my view is the idea that someone came to die for the whole Universe ( at least the part we know as the observable one). Muhammad(Peace be upon Him) never claimed such! His Message? Belief in your Rabb (Lord) and be good to created beings. That is faith and that is salvation.
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
Lukuluku69:
. Yusuf Ali: "Verily We created Man from a drop of mingled sperm, in order to try him: So We gave him (the gifts), of Hearing and Sight."

What are the components parts of sperm?
Spermatic liquid is formed by various secretions which come from the following glands:
a) the testicles: the secretion of the male genital gland contains spermatozoons, which are elongated cells with a long flagellum; they are bathed in a sero-fluid liquid.
b) the seminal vesicles. these organs are reservoirs of spermatozoons and are placed near the prostate gland; they also secrete their own liquid but it does not contain any fertilizing agents.
c) the prostate gland: this secretes a liquid which gives the sperm its creamy texture and characteristic odour.
d) the glands annexed to the urinary tract: Cooper's or Méry's glands secrete a stringy liquid and Littré's glands give off mucous. These are the origins of the 'mingled liquids' which the Qur'an would appear to refer to.
So you admit the quran was scientifically inaccurate?
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by Lukuluku69(m): 10:19pm On Jun 28, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

So you admit the quran was scientifically inaccurate?

Nope. I only offered a possible explanation of the drop of mingled sperm based on what Science say.
Re: Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) by johnydon22(m): 10:49pm On Jun 28, 2018
Lukuluku69:

I think he made strong points he explicitly verified with Quranic verses that you have not refuted. I doubt if that is refutable though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. / Jehovah's Witnesses, Illuminati And The New World Order / The Gospel Of Barnabas Laid To Rest!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.