Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Flood Leaves Dunfermline A Week After Arriving ( Make A Sense Of This Story ) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flood Leaves Dunfermline A Week After Arriving ( Make A Sense Of This Story ) (317 Views)

National Stadium Lagos' Flood Light Pole Collapses After Downpour (Video) / Super Eagles Arriving South Africa (Photos) / World Cup; Super Eagles Players Will Be Arriving Russia Dressed Like This.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Flood Leaves Dunfermline A Week After Arriving ( Make A Sense Of This Story ) by gaby(m): 3:25pm On Jun 27, 2018
grin grin grin

Found the header to this story funny so I thought to share.

Willo Flood has left Dunfermline nine days after joining the club.

The Scottish Championship club "regretfully" announced they had "agreed to allow Willo Flood to terminate his contract with our club".

The Pars say the 33-year-old midfielder has "received an attractive offer from Bali United".

Flood ended his fourth spell with Dundee United at the end of last season and has also played for Celtic and Middlesbrough.

"Before joining our club, Willo had highlighted that it had always been his ambition to continue his playing career abroad, and had been seeking such a move over the last couple of seasons," Dunfermline said on their website.

Manager Allan Johnston said: "We are obviously disappointed to lose a player of Willo's experience, but he had a clause in his contract for a very short window to allow him to move abroad.

Holders Inverness to meet Dunfermline
Ross adds Potter to Sunderland staff
Flood joins Pars after Tannadice exit
"There is simply no point retaining an unhappy player at our club. However, we have retained the first option on Willo should he return to Scotland, as he has already proved to be a great professional."

Republic of Ireland Under-21 cap Flood added: "I would like to thank Allan and the club for their understanding in this matter, as I fully appreciate it leaves them in a very difficult and embarrassing position.

"This opportunity is just too good for me and my family to turn down. I have only been in training for a week, but I have really enjoyed my short time at East End Park and genuinely wish the club every success this season."

(1) (Reply)

Free Tips, Get Free Membership / Fifa Strips Maradona Off Ambassadorial Role / Daily Soccer Predictions PREDICTION (13/07/2018)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.