Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Way Forward For Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Way Forward For Super Eagles (518 Views)

Super Falcons Loss In The WAFCON What Is The Way Forward? / Serie A Announce Cristiano Ronaldo As Best Forward For 2020/21 Season / FG Budgets N3 Billion For Super Eagles For 2018 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Way Forward For Super Eagles by uboma(m): 11:24pm On Jun 27, 2018
Some persons and I had a heated discussion this morning about the football match between Argentina and Nigeria.

I was so shocked to find out that these guys blamed the poor performance of the Super Eagles on the Referee for failing to award the second penalty in favour of the Super Eagles.

To me, that is us being so cheap. Few days before the match, Mikel and others had bragged about how they will beat Argentina even with the presence of Messi.

Personally, our boys, the Super Eagles failed woefully. Before they left the shores of Nigeria to Russia for the games, they were greatly motivated with money and praises. Their only task was to make Nigeria proud.

Despite all these, they performed woefully on the field and choose to blame the Referee instead. The Referee, from my point of view, was fair to both teams. The Super Eagles should bow their heads in shame for even thinking that the penalty kick which was not awarded to them would have saved the day. The players from Argentina played quality football and did not have to rely on penalty to beat the Super Eagles.

My proposal is this,

1) disband the present Super Eagles.

2) source young talents which abound in the country and focus on training these new set for the next five years (meaning for five years, we will not participate in any football match except friendly matches).

3) after five years, Nigeria can go all out to contest in any football match.

4) the present football coach should be retained because he is good in training and instilling discipline.

Just my thoughts, you don't have to agree with it.
Re: Way Forward For Super Eagles by Bintabisiriyu: 11:35pm On Jun 27, 2018
These chickens? What do you expect?
Re: Way Forward For Super Eagles by myners007: 12:27am On Jun 28, 2018
Childish post
Re: Way Forward For Super Eagles by emi14: 4:46am On Jun 28, 2018
If the whole nation's sense of reasoning is as yours there will be nothing like Nigeria today. Nigeria would have been deleted from the face of the earth. I mean , what is perfect in this country including you? Can you represent Nigeria in FIFA organized showpiece?
Super eagles should come back and re-assemble during next competition like nation cup. The coach is good. He will also organise international friendliness to prepare and perfect them. With the spirit displayed by super eagles in st. Petersburg there is hope for Nigerian soccer.
Re: Way Forward For Super Eagles by phase1: 5:38am On Jun 28, 2018
Disbanding the team totally is not what is needed. There are players who need to say their byes and no longer deserves a call up. They know themselves. They are under motivated and no longer useful.

Ighalo, Idowu, Shehu, Iheanacho, Mikel and onazi should please exit the door.

The rest of the players are fighters and should remain. NFF should start scouting for the next natural number 10 like Jay Jay, and total strikers like yekini, amokachi they are there somewhere in Nigerian league, on the street of Ajegunle, Fegge, Enugu, Owerri, Jos. They don't have to be attached with clubs. Most of the players in our legendary 1994 team weren't even playing for any club. They were hungry.

A no-nonsense coach who will not take 'gifts' or 'bribe' from the players like Ighalo should be employed to replace Rohr. If someone like me can read matches better than Rohr even without a certificate in coaching then he has no reason being the Gaffer. He hardly knows his players strength and weakness. He should go.
Re: Way Forward For Super Eagles by uboma(m): 5:47am On Jun 28, 2018
@ phase1,

thank you for your contribution.

I concur that the following players have outlived their usefulness,
Ighalo, Idowu, Shehu, Iheanacho, Mikel.

You also mentioned that Rohr should be replaced. Which Coach will you recommend?
Re: Way Forward For Super Eagles by phase1: 5:53am On Jun 28, 2018
uboma:
@ phase1,

thank you for your contribution.

I concur that the following players have outlived their usefulness,

Ighalo, Idowu, Shehu, Iheanacho, Mikel.

You also mentioned that Rohr should be replaced. Which Coach will you recommend?

In my opinion Keshi was better than Rohr. A pity he is late now.

One of the prerequisite of the new coach should be a very good knowledge of the players abilities which Rohr lacks. I'd go for a no nonsense Nigerian coach who have gone for courses abroad with foreign experience. Oliseh won't be a bad replacement.

(1) (Reply)

Get The Surest Matches With 100% Guaranteed Profit !!! / OFFICIAL: Cristiano Ronaldo Agrees To Join Juventus / Ozil Announces International Retirement Due To 'racism And Disrespect'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.