Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,779 members, 7,806,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Advice Pls Auto Import Experts - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Advice Pls Auto Import Experts (760 Views)

Simplifying The Auto Import Process From USA To Lagos / U-Klass Now In PH (Buy/Sell Cars 10X Faster with Experts) / Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Pls Auto Import Experts by nomenclature(m): 4:45am On Jun 28, 2018
Hello auto experts
Please I currently need advice from the house.
i am trying to buy a car in the US and ship it to Nigeria because I heard it's cheaper and more convenient.
The car dealer I am currently dealing with (I do trust him in terms of other business transactions but not in cars because I do not have any experience in buying cars from the us) says i can get a 2013 lexus rx350 from the auction for 15000 USD to 17000 USD. But I used to hear people say cars are cheaper there and I am kind of wondering if this amount is outrageous or normal .

THANKYOU

NOTE:the car is buy and drive..nothing to fix

Re: Advice Pls Auto Import Experts by Hauptmann: 5:33am On Jun 28, 2018
Lalasticlala, mynd44 can help you get useful information.
Re: Advice Pls Auto Import Experts by CarGuideNG: 5:37am On Jun 28, 2018
Auction prices can vary even for the same models with the same features. It depends on the history and condition of the particular vehicle and where it was sourced from.
Re: Advice Pls Auto Import Experts by nomenclature(m): 6:09am On Jun 28, 2018
How do I go about that then
Hauptmann:
Lalasticlala, mynd44 can help you get useful information.
Re: Advice Pls Auto Import Experts by nomenclature(m): 6:09am On Jun 28, 2018
Ok but is it too much for a used car?in terms of pricing
CarGuideNG:
Auction prices can vary even for the same models with the same features. It depends on the history and condition of the particular vehicle and where it was sourced from.
Re: Advice Pls Auto Import Experts by CarGuideNG: 6:37am On Jun 28, 2018
nomenclature:
Ok but is it too much for a used car?in terms of pricing

It depends Sir. Generally, used one-owner vehicles in great condition, clean title, good service history, etc, can have higher prices.
An example is this 2013 Lexus RX350 on Copart. It is a clean title, no accidents, one owner vehicle. The current bid is displayed

https://www.autobidmaster.com/en/carfinder-online-auto-auctions/lot/33833018/COPART_2013_LEXUS_RX_350_CERTIFICATE_OF_TITLE_HARTFORD_CT/

Re: Advice Pls Auto Import Experts by CarGuideNG: 6:57am On Jun 28, 2018
If the dealer is one you trust, as you mentioned, then you can insist that he keeps you informed and updated on the auction bidding process. Get him to send you screenshots of the bidding in progress, including the link to the auction if it is a public one, so you can be carried along. You may also wish to decide on your highest bid amount so he knows when to stop bidding.

It is also very important to get the dealer to send the VIN of the vehicle to you, so you can run an independent history report to ensure the history of the vehicle is in keeping with your standards. Also pay attention to the condition of the vehicle in the auction page.

Some auctions permit inspection of the vehicle, so if your dealer can do so, or has a proxy who can conduct the inspection of the vehicle, or can pay an independent inspection service to do that, in addition to the history report, and the prices, you may then decide if you wish to proceed with the bidding.
Re: Advice Pls Auto Import Experts by nomenclature(m): 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2018
Thank you alot..i appreciate your input.......how much does this same car go for if you go to Nigerian car dealers in Nigeria.. .I mean the market value in Nigeria.. I want to know how much I can save if I import ... (average amount)
CarGuideNG:
If the dealer is one you trust, as you mentioned, then you can insist that he keeps you informed and updated on the auction bidding process. Get him to send you screenshots of the bidding in progress, including the link to the auction if it is a public one, so you can be carried along. You may also wish to decide on your highest bid amount so he knows when to stop bidding.

It is also very important to get the dealer to send the VIN of the vehicle to you, so you can run an independent history report to ensure the history of the vehicle is in keeping with your standards. Also pay attention to the condition of the vehicle in the auction page.

Some auctions permit inspection of the vehicle, so if your dealer can do so, or has a proxy who can conduct the inspection of the vehicle, or can pay an independent inspection service to do that, in addition to the history report, and the prices, you may then decide if you wish to proceed with the bidding.
Re: Advice Pls Auto Import Experts by CarGuideNG: 4:07pm On Jun 28, 2018
nomenclature:
Thank you alot..i appreciate your input.......how much does this same car go for if you go to Nigerian car dealers in Nigeria.. .I mean the market value in Nigeria.. I want to know how much I can save if I import ... (average amount)

This is a similar vehicle:

https://www.nairaland.com/4544428/tin-can-cleared-2013-lexus-rx

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 2011 Sport Edition / SOLD! SOLD!! Registered 2007 Lexus ES350 / Nissan Pathfinder 2002, 850K- SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.