Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? (12728 Views)

What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like During This Lockdown? / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Holahtunez(m): 1:28pm On Jun 28, 2018
5 days nd still countinq blackout
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by generalorot(m): 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
The op is right.. The light has really improved in ikorodu.. Though not so steady.. Sometimes 4 days steady light and the fifth day 7hrs off and wala the light is back.. Buh also sometimes 2 weeks steady light. And so it goes

1 Like

Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Amhappy(f): 1:45pm On Jun 28, 2018
Better in my area in PH 11am-1 or 2pm, 7pm-6am
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Nightwolf1: 1:49pm On Jun 28, 2018
Topmaike007:
oga light for redemption camp in Lagos Ibadan express way be like U.SA oo light no dey go at all from January to December unless if their is maintenance.

Light dey ur side no mean say e dey everywhere.. Some area na darkness be their destiny..
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by GeoSilYe(f): 1:52pm On Jun 28, 2018
No fkin light here in Uniben

angry

1 Like

Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Chidinmaemma: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2018
less than six hours light/day with outrageous monthly billing at mafoluku area of oshodi, lagos. Please fight for us ooooo. the bills especially are terribly annoying
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by blackfase(m): 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2018
The NA just tagged d bastards in Discos as fraudulent criminals. Make your deductions about my area from that statement.
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Tareguu: 2:49pm On Jun 28, 2018
fineboynl:
lol. this town na dead.
Ugbowo worst

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by mencer(m): 3:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
No power since August 2017.... Courtesy BEDC
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Abdul4trust1(m): 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
okosodo:
No light for 2 weeks now and no explanation from BEDC. Ikpoba hill, benin city
there Is Improvement In South-Ibie, Auchi Edo State
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Uzee24: 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2018
I think this power issue is relative. While it may not be correct to generalize, it is quite important to point out that there are areas that enjoy some reasonable amount of power supply.

For example yours sincerely, can attest to the fact that power supply has improved tremendiously in ''my area'' here in the Coal City (Enugu) despite the load shading practiced by the Enugu Disco. However, there are areas in the same Enugu Metropolis that do not enough as much power as my area does.
So, while we cant say there is absolutely no power supply, we cant say outrightly that there is constant supply. So it's relative based on your experience in the area you stay and I think thats what the OP is trying to enquire.
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by jtwest(m): 3:49pm On Jun 28, 2018
no lite since morning
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by alienvirus: 3:54pm On Jun 28, 2018
Uzee24:
I think this power issue is relative. While it may not be correct to generalize, it is quite important to point out that there are areas that enjoy some reasonable amount of power supply.

For example yours sincerely, can attest to the fact that power supply has improved tremendiously in ''my area'' here in the Coal City (Enugu) despite the load shading practiced by the Enugu Disco. However, there are areas in the same Enugu Metropolis that do not enough as much power as my area does.
So, while we cant say there is absolutely no power supply, we cant say outrightly that there is constant supply. So it's relative based on your experience in the area you stay and I think thats what the OP is trying to enquire.

Very objective. Very very objective. Thank you!
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by ocelot2006(m): 4:00pm On Jun 28, 2018
Abak, Akwa Ibom state = O hrs. No light
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by HallaDaTruth: 4:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
Ours is very good ooooo. See groove for my area. But i won't say the name, make some bad belle nepa agents no spoil our parole
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by flames01: 4:49pm On Jun 28, 2018
Baawaa:

Enemies are not happy about this testimony,às a of fact this present administration is trying to fix the problem we have a nation but some bad eggs don't want positive change.

You mean positive change like wanton killing by herdsmen?

Whatever electricity we have today had been there since Jonathan. His many power stations has buhari built since he became the president of Fulanis in Nigeria?
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Ten06(m): 7:55pm On Jun 28, 2018
If you come here to boast of 24hrs light again I will swear for you so that you will also suffer power outage the way we are suffering it in yenagoa here
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by otokx(m): 8:17pm On Jun 28, 2018
Will give them a comfortable C in my area of PH but the price per KW should be reduced.
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by dasparrow: 9:46pm On Jun 28, 2018
Great! My electricity supply is 24/7 since I don't live in Nigeria again.
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 1:31am On Jun 29, 2018
Recently moved from Lagos to Abeokuta Ogun state and the electricity here is beyond worse.
The opposite of worse is wenk(Google it) That's how I can describe Abeokuta electricity but it's not paining me because we have prepaid meter
Format is 2hrs per day for 2 days, no light the next day, 6hours at midnight the next day, and probably same thing again the next day and 2hrs the next day and light goes off for 3_4 days
And repeat
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Charleskalaiyo(m): 8:58am On Jun 29, 2018
WE NEED MASS INSTALLATION OF PREPAID METER IN OKURU-AMA PORT HARCOURT & NATIONWIDE
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by diegwu02: 9:24am On Jun 29, 2018
godliman:

can you tell me more about the inverter stuff i hate generators
Since i got one, my Gens. have gone on holidays, however PHCH supply should be relatively Ok for you
for a constant charge of the batteries, So the inverters can hold and provide power during 1 min to 6 hours interruptions.
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by mikebrown92: 9:26am On Jun 29, 2018
alienvirus:
Electricity in my area in Lagos has been very good. We hardly have power outage since 2 months ago. I always turn off my refrigerator. I haven't refill my gas cylinder since 2 months ago. My generator has been on unprecedented holiday.

Kudos to whoever that's making it happen. I hope it continues forever.

Yes. I know we are in rainy season. I am sure this is not the first rainy season in Nigeria.

Nairalanders what's the situation in your area?

That's not how it is in my Area(Akesan Igando Lagos)

very worst power supply have ever come across, 5hrs supply in 48hrs as it is ON and OFF within 2 days and we only have 5hrs supply of power when we are ON

24hrs fully OFF day and 24hrs fully ON day but get 5hrs power supply out of the ON day...

imagine that?
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by godliman: 12:43pm On Jun 29, 2018
diegwu02:

Since i got one, my Gens. have gone on holidays, however PHCH supply should be relatively Ok for you
for a constant charge of the batteries, So the inverters can hold and provide power during 1 min to 6 hours interruptions.
I ve solar panel and wish to go off grid but I want to know how much the inverter and battery cost you and how long it serves in a complete black out and for how long have you being using them
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by diegwu02: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2018
godliman:

I ve solar panel and wish to go off grid but I want to know how much the inverter and battery cost you and how long it serves in a complete black out and for how long have you being using them
I ve been using mine since 2014, then the Batteries were 55k each and the inverter 50k, i changed my batteries 3 months ago for 100k each. the batteries run out after 7-8 hours sometimes 5-6hrs (depending on the load) from a full charge, however, i only have my Laptop, Standing fans, ceiling fans, lights (energy friendly bulbs) and Smart Tv connected when running the inverter. i dont know the cost of inverters presently mine has served and is still serving after 4 years. Its a 1.45KVA Luminous
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by RoaringLion11(f): 4:33pm On Jun 29, 2018
Nightwolf1:

What improvement is there to show for it with majority of the people groping in darkness?

No improvement in your own area...
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by otokx(m): 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2018
Charleskalaiyo:
WE NEED MASS INSTALLATION OF PREPAID METER IN OKURU-AMA PORT HARCOURT & NATIONWIDE

contact PHED, many single phase meters are now available but the billing is not today.
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by RoaringLion11(f): 4:49pm On Jun 29, 2018
Juliusmalema:

the force is here again?

I don't like this ur name Roaring lion...It scares me.....

why not go for any of soft names.........pls.

It is because of some good for nothing animals on nairaland....you know when Lion roar..there will be calm everywhere...Lolzzz
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 29, 2018
RoaringLion11:

It is because of some good for nothing animals on nairaland....you know when Lion roar..there will be calm everywhere...Lolzzz

OK but lion doesn't live in midst of humans......

we must all correct the good for nothing animals on nairaland as u said and put them on track.
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by RoaringLion11(f): 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2018
Juliusmalema:

OK but lion doesn't live in midst of humans......

we must all correct the good for nothing animals on nairaland as u said and put them on track.

Yes ooo
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by godliman: 5:55pm On Jun 29, 2018
diegwu02:
I ve been using mine since 2014, then the Batteries were 55k each and the inverter 50k, i changed my batteries 3 months ago for 100k each. the batteries run out after 7-8 hours sometimes 5-6hrs (depending on the load) from a full charge, however, i only have my Laptop, Standing fans, ceiling fans, lights (energy friendly bulbs) and Smart Tv connected when running the inverter. i dont know the cost of inverters presently mine has served and is still serving after 4 years. Its a 1.45KVA Luminous
How many batteries, and what is their amps? Thanks alot you are a correct nigerian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Speeds Up Settlement Of Samsung, LADOL Feud For Sake Of Investments / APC NEC Transfers Its Powers To National Working Committee for the next 90 days / State House Clinic Never Used By President Gets Additional N394M Budget For 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.