Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,758 members, 7,802,319 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

When Is "Safe Period?" - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / When Is "Safe Period?" (147488 Views)

Safe Period / Wmans Safe Period: And How Safe / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is "Safe Period?" by DrTee1(m): 4:36pm On Jun 07, 2010
I have considered it important to inquire as to what fellow nairalanders think of this very important issue. Many people get pregnant unnecessarily this days because they got on the wrong side of sex. Consequently, it has become important to ask for you nairalanders: When is a lady's 'safe period"

N.B:I'm not asking theory or what is inside health texts. I am asking for real, time-tested physically proven "safe period" for women.
Re: When Is "Safe Period?" by queenafric(f): 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2010
First, one should know the duration of the cycle, i.e. first day of the last menstrual bleeding to the first day of the present menstrual bleeding. This is the duration of the menstrual cycle.

This duration varies from person to person & is usually between 26 to 31 days.

Ovulation approximately occurs in the middle of the cycle, i.e. duration of the cycle - (minus) 14 days (this also varies).

A week before and a week after the approximate day of ovulation is considered to be Fertile period.

The days apart from this is called the safe periods, where the fertilization does not takes place.

So, to calculate the safe period you must know the fertile period.

Calculation of fertile period: The shortest cycle minus 18 days=1st day of fertile period. The longest cycle minus 10 days= last day of fertile period.

Example: if a women's menstrual cycle varies from 26days to 31days cycle,
The shortest cycle [26days] minus18days=8th day.
The longest cycle [31days] minus 10days=21st day.

Thus, 8th to 21st day of each cycle counting from first day of menstrual period is considered as fertile period.

Period other than this fertile period in a menstrual cycle is considered as SAFE PERIOD.

3 Likes

Re: When Is "Safe Period?" by erniewhez(m): 5:53pm On Jun 07, 2010
me i dnt knw theory o! but i hav been doing this b4 i got married, i take advantage of the first day after menstruation to the fifth day. the longer the days the more dangerous it is. So u may say 1st to 3rd day to be accurately safe. And it worked for me. My believe is immediately after menstruation, the egg is not yet released by the ovary, so the fallopian tube is free of any egg that the sperm may germinate until about 4th to 5th day after menses.
Re: When Is "Safe Period?" by Sissy3(f): 9:15pm On Jun 07, 2010
people still believe in this?

better be safe than to be sorry relying on a "safe period"
Re: When Is "Safe Period?" by bigfather(m): 10:18pm On Jun 07, 2010
~Sissy~:

people still believe in this?

better be safe than to be sorry relying on a "safe period"

Different strokes for different folks.

2 Likes

Re: When Is "Safe Period?" by DrTee1(m): 11:21pm On Jun 07, 2010
@queenafric: Thanks a great deal sister. May the good God bless you. You just saved a lot of babies from been lost at the abortionists' tables. I'm sure a lot of people all over the world would copy and keep ur post for record purposes. Don't mind these people who talk about being playing safe, like if these safe things don't burst and all that or if all of them are indeed comfortable with 'protection' as against 'flesh to flesh'. Its unfortunate that a lot of us out there are simply hypocrites. Thanks once again my sister!

1 Like

Re: When Is "Safe Period?" by Sissy3(f): 11:24pm On Jun 07, 2010
Dr. Tee:

@queenafric: Thanks a great deal sister. May the good God bless you. You just saved a lot of babies from been lost at the abortionists' tables. I'm sure a lot of people all over the world would copy and keep your post for record purposes. Don't mind these people who talk about being playing safe,  like if these safe things don't burst and all that or if all of them are indeed comfortable with 'protection' as against 'flesh to flesh'. Its unfortunate that a lot of us out there are simply hypocrites. Thanks once again my sister!

no need to burst a vein or raise your bp. you hear?
big father:

Different strokes for different folks.
Re: When Is "Safe Period?" by OAM4J: 2:47am On Jun 08, 2010
I know there are safe periods, but people still get the calculation wrong.

It is safer to use other contraceptives in addition to safe period calculation.
Re: When Is "Safe Period?" by Sissy3(f): 5:37am On Jun 08, 2010
Re: When Is "Safe Period?" by queenafric(f): 1:00am On Jun 09, 2010
Dr. Tee:

@queenafric: Thanks a great deal sister. May the good God bless you. You just saved a lot of babies from been lost at the abortionists' tables. I'm sure a lot of people all over the world would copy and keep your post for record purposes. Don't mind these people who talk about being playing safe, like if these safe things don't burst and all that or if all of them are indeed comfortable with 'protection' as against 'flesh to flesh'. Its unfortunate that a lot of us out there are simply hypocrites. Thanks once again my sister!

You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: When Is "Safe Period?" by queenafric(f): 1:02am On Jun 09, 2010
~Sissy~:

no need to burst a vein or raise your bp. you hear?

grin

1 Like

Re: When Is "Safe Period?" by DrTee1(m): 3:53am On Jun 09, 2010
@Sissy: The picture is clear. We know who the pretenders are! One of them has come up publicly to speak about hpb and thrombosis while coming back tail between legs to ask how to calculate!!

To the issue on ground,

Well, this is what the texts say:

Like queenafric rightly wrote, the female egg(or ova) is released from the ovary in the middle of the female cycle. There are physical changes that can be noticed when this occurs. This period is known as ovulation(or ovulalatory stage). Such physical changes may include elevation in basal temperature i.e in essesce, the lady's temperature rises, increase in sexual appetite and/desire, increased makeup and appearance(s) and all of that. Of course, there is also a peculiar discharge from the vulva of the female - early in the morning - during this period. It is so little that you may not have noticed before now. It is creamy and somewhat thicker than what obtains at other stages of the female cycle.

At ovulation, or release of egg from the ovary, the lady is very fertile. Any sperm that is present in the female reproductive tract would easily fertilize the egg and pregnancy would result.

However, the egg is 'alive', or remeins viable in the female tract for only 12-24 hours after which, if there is no fertilization, it begins to depreciate and eventually dies. It is important to note that the semen - sperms and seminal fluid constitute semen - contains sperm cells that can remain viable (capable of fertilizing an egg) within the female reproductive tract (vulva, vagina, cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes) for between 2-5days.

Consequently, sex within 4 days to ovulation night be capable of fertilizing an egg when ovulation occurs three days after. That is why opinions like queenafric's give such a long period as 'fertile period.' Also,like queenafric noted, cycles could be irregular, so queenafric's viewpoint is from the safest possibly angle. Although like all ratios, it is never 100% as guaranteed as proper condom use or Billingsway method.

The period of mensural discharge is when the uterus,which has prepared for pregnancy, loses its linings because the egg released during ovulation was not fertilized. In this perod and in the immediate preceeding days - underline the word 'immediate' - pregnancy cannot occur as there has been no egg released into the tract.

I have to stop writing now, If you require further info, you could write me on goalronaldo@hotmail.com.

3 Likes

Re: When Is "Safe Period?" by Sissy3(f): 4:06am On Jun 09, 2010
@Sissy: The picture is clear. We know who the pretenders are! One of them has come up publicly to speak about hpb and thrombosis while coming back tail between legs to ask how to calculate!!

i see youre still having issues with yourself. too bad cant help you with that.

because i showed you a thread where your "safe period" was previously discussed youre biting yourself huh? dont wound yourself because theres no firstaid around here you hear?

amazing!
Re: When Is "Safe Period?" by DrTee1(m): 4:41am On Jun 09, 2010
@Sissy: Now I see your point. But you know, it would have been a lot easier for me to get it long before now if you had been a little less negative or a little more civil with your initial post.

I see your position but you wouldn't blame me for putting this up anyway; quite frankly, the post you reffered to might be quite distant, it four years old already and might not be easly noticed by casual nairalanders. I didn't notice it myself until you called my attention, though in a queer fashion.

I don't intend to harangue with you. Please keep things at bay.

Peace!
Re: When Is "Safe Period?" by Sissy3(f): 5:01am On Jun 09, 2010
Dr. Tee:

@Sissy: Now I see your point. But you know, it would have been a lot easier for me to get it long before now if you had been a little less negative or a little more civil with your initial post.

I see your position but you wouldn't blame me for putting this up anyway; quite frankly, the post you reffered to might be quite distant, it four years old already and might not be easly noticed by casual nairalanders. I didn't noticw it myself until you call my attention, though in a queer fashion.

I don't intend to harangue with you. Please keep things at bay.

Peace!

i wasnt negative in anyway or had any intention of of being so, when i replied your thread. i guess you greatly misunderstood me and just came on the offensive as if i said something unheard of or insulted you. i showed you the other thread because it was extensively discussed there and the method is still the same.

anyways, peace to you too
Re: When Is "Safe Period?" by blinkyblin: 3:59pm On Jan 21, 2011
it will be better to zip up.
Re: When Is "Safe Period?" by ChikezieU(m): 7:57am On Nov 13, 2015
DrTee1:

To the issue on ground,

Well, this is what the texts say:

Like queenafric rightly wrote, the female egg(or ova) is released from the ovary in the middle of the female cycle. There are physical changes that can be noticed when this occurs. This period is known as ovulation(or ovulalatory stage). Such physical changes may include elevation in basal temperature i.e in essesce, the lady's temperature rises, increase in sexual appetite and/desire, increased makeup and appearance(s) and all of that. Of course, there is also a peculiar discharge from the vulva of the female - early in the morning - during this period. It is so little that you may not have noticed before now. It is creamy and somewhat thicker than what obtains at other stages of the female cycle.

At ovulation, or release of egg from the ovary, the lady is very fertile. Any sperm that is present in the female reproductive tract would easily fertilize the egg and pregnancy would result.

However, the egg is 'alive', or remeins viable in the female tract for only 12-24 hours after which, if there is no fertilization, it begins to depreciate and eventually dies. It is important to note that the semen - sperms and seminal fluid constitute semen - contains sperm cells that can remain viable (capable of fertilizing an egg) within the female reproductive tract (vulva, vagina, cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes) for between 2-5days.

Consequently, sex within 4 days to ovulation night be capable of fertilizing an egg when ovulation occurs three days after. That is why opinions like queenafric's give such a long period as 'fertile period.' Also,like queenafric noted, cycles could be irregular, so queenafric's viewpoint is from the safest possibly angle. Although like all ratios, it is never 100% as guaranteed as proper condom use or Billingsway method.

The period of mensural discharge is when the uterus,which has prepared for pregnancy, loses its linings because the egg released during ovulation was not fertilized. In this perod and in the immediate preceeding days - underline the word 'immediate' - pregnancy cannot occur as there has been no egg released into the tract.

I have to stop writing now, If you require further info, you could write me on goalronaldo@hotmail.com.
hello, please I tried to email you but I wouldn't send. Please sir, if the condom happens to tore and the sperm is lost inside the vagina, is there any remedy to avoid the pregnancy.
Re: When Is "Safe Period?" by DrTee1(m): 6:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
ChikezieU:
hello, please I tried to email you but I wouldn't send. Please sir, if the condom happens to tore and the sperm is lost inside the vagina, is there any remedy to avoid the pregnancy.

I'm received this quote only today, five days after you tried reaching me. I hope that's not to late.

Yes, in instances as that which you've described, the medical alternative is the emergency contraception using the 'morning after' pill.

You could send a mail if that's inadequate. The email address is still functional and I still respond to requests and questions from all over the world for virtually free.

Regards!
Re: When Is "Safe Period?" by jbblues24(m): 10:08pm On May 30, 2019
It's gonna take a lot to take me away from you There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do I bless the rains down in Africa Gonna take some time to do the things we never have. lipsrsealed
Re: When Is "Safe Period?" by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 01, 2019
Very excellent job dude

(1) (Reply)

Can Watery Eyes Mean Cancer? / New York, Epicenter Of U.S. COVID-19 Outbreak (Disturbing Photos) / Medication For Vaginal Itching?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.