Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

From Abuja To Lagos, My Hilarious First Flight Experience. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Abuja To Lagos, My Hilarious First Flight Experience. (613 Views)

My First Flight Experience; I Won’t Lie I Almost Peed! / My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant / My Empty Flight Experience On EgyptAir From Cairo To Athens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

From Abuja To Lagos, My Hilarious First Flight Experience. by oroque: 4:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
I had just been employed as a Marketing Executive in a top Hotel in Lagos, and I was to travel by air for the sales training. Prior to this time, I've never traveled by air though I've been to the airport once or twice when I was in high school during one of our school's excursion to the airport.

So, it was a dream come true for me when my operations manager called to inform me that I'll be traveling by air to Lagos. As soon as he ended the call, I don't know what exactly came over me but all I can remember was that, I started dancing without music in the room, I jumped on the bed several times shouting " I don hammer o! Levels don change" and other things I can't remember now. Still in that mood, I called my very good friend Amos to inform him of my new level, the guy started laughing seriously at me, called me a bush boy and told me to calm down till I get to Lagos, he told me not to get too excited before my new employers change their mind and tell me to use night bus. I called other people to inform them of my new status.

Throughout that night I couldn't sleep, as I was thinking of how I'll get into a plane and fly to Lagos. I imagined myself sitting close to a pretty lady and possibly getting her number, I thought of the beautiful sight at the airport, and was really happy with life. Even when I finally fell asleep, my thoughts followed me to the dream world.

On the day of my departure, though the flight was scheduled for 17:45 I woke up before everybody else in the house around 4 am, took my bath and dressed up waiting for the driver that will take me to the airport. When my dad came out of his room by 8 am and saw me sitting in the living room with my luggage, he couldn't help but laugh. He asked me what I was doing with my luggage in the living room at that time when my flight was for 17:45. I told him I didn't want to miss my flight o and that am waiting for the driver to come and take me to the airport, he couldn't control his laughter now as he laughed harder that tears was even coming out of his eyes.

At exactly 12 pm, the driver took me to the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja, because I was really disturbing everyone in the house about how I'll miss my flight if I don't get to the airport early. However, when I got to the airport, I went straight to get my boarding pass and then proceeded for the security checks after which I started waiting for my flight. I waited and waited and waited for the flight attendant to announce the boarding time for my flight, all to no avail. I unconsciously became a time keeper, checking the time every now and then for 17:45, then I started getting hungry and frustrated at the same time. The only question I kept asking myself was, "who send me come airport by this time?"Well, in other to keep myself busy, I called some of my friends and immediately asked them to guess where I was, before they even start guessing I'll tell them that am at the airport waiting for my flight.

Finally, the flight attendant announced the boarding time for my flight at exactly 17:44 and those of us for that flight joined a queue were our means of identification was checked before joining the airline's shuttle bus which was waiting to convey us to where the plane was. I got into the plane feeling like a king, I was living the life mehn! located my seat number and sat down. I started observing what other people were doing in the plane because I didn't want to embarrass my entire generation, I was told at home how to fasten my seat belt in a pane but I still waited for the man sitting next to me to buckle up first so I can learn from him. Few minutes later the flight attendants started forming busy, asking people to buckle up and demonstrating to the passengers how to use the oxygen and parachute, something I forgot in less than a minute. After that, the pilot made some announcement and the plane began to taxi on the runway then we took off.

It was really amazing seeing myself in the sky, I sat close to the window so I was able to see the cloud clearly, I felt fulfilled and started praying and speaking in tongues because to me, I was closer to heaven and that was the best time to commune with God. The man sitting next to me was just staring at me, am sure he must be saying in his mind "what is wrong with this boy?" I didn't mind his stare as I was just feeling myself and enjoying the moment.

In less than an hour we touched down at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport lagos. I disembarked from the plane and followed others till I got out of the terminal. I got into one of the airport's taxi and asked the driver to take me to the hotel where my operation manager made my reservation.
THE END!!!
Source: http://abujahotelmarketer..com/2018/06/from-abuja-to-lagos-my-hilarious-first.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Abuja To Lagos, My Hilarious First Flight Experience. by deic9(m): 6:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
1. Not parachute bros, it's life jacket.
2. You are not flying close to any heaven at all. What you see up is an endless space. Astronomers have being flying space rocket for years aND are not in close contact with anything like the so called Heaven you referred to.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Big Boy Spotted Begging For Money In Dubai While Drunk / Deep Anxiety On USA Visa / What Are My Chances Of Working In Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.