Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

How To Terminate A CAT5 Network Cable. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Terminate A CAT5 Network Cable. (1771 Views)

How To Install Cable Satellite Dish - Newbie Guide / Google To Terminate Free Wi-fi Services In Indian Railway Station And Globally / "If You Have A CCTV Like This One, Then No Need To Pay For Cable TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Terminate A CAT5 Network Cable. by popefrank2016(m): 4:32pm On Jun 28, 2018
CAT5 Network cable that is alternatively referred to as an Ethernet cable, a or Category 5 is a pairs of network cabling that consists of four twisted pairs of copper wire terminated by an RJ-45 connector. It has a maximum length of 100 meters, exceeding the mentioned length without the aid of bridge or other network device may results to unwanted signals. The two conductors, normally copper with its own separate plastic insulation twisted together. One of the wire is used to carry network signal to the receiver, and the other is used as a ground reference. The receiver uses the difference between the two. In addition to the signal sent by the sender on one of the wires, interference and cross talk may affect both wires and it will the network adversely. I am here to teach how to terminate a CAT5 network cable with ease.

Materials Needed.

RJ45 Crimping tool.
RJ45 Modular plug.
CAT5EUTP cable.
Cable stripper.
Continuity Tester.
How To Terminate A CAT5 Network Cable.
Step One: Identify the starting point of the cable, roll and unroll it carefully without twisting them.

Step Two: Strip off the sheath of the cable about one inch to reveal the twisted strands inside the cable using your cable stripper or your crimping tool razor. cut off the section completely if you mistakenly cut any of the internal strands to start afresh.

Step Three: Carefully arrange the strands.

Step Four: Cut the arranged internal strands at the tip to ensure an equal edges.

Step Five: Insert the cable inside your RJ45 Modular plug with the contracting metals facing up and the modular entrance facing you.

Read all the steps:www.manyloaded.com

Re: How To Terminate A CAT5 Network Cable. by Baawaa(m): 4:45pm On Jun 28, 2018
Do this at your own risk,this is not for professional network engineer
Re: How To Terminate A CAT5 Network Cable. by Cormung: 5:20pm On Nov 10, 2019
To be honest, I prefer to avoid cable work because this is quite complicated and you need to be really accurate. Nevertheless, once I bought the best wire stripper and I even used it a couple of times. Glad that I made such a purchase because in an emergency situation it's good to have the right tools to solve a problem yourself.
Re: How To Terminate A CAT5 Network Cable. by ricklopez: 12:44pm On Nov 29, 2019
Thank you for providing this interesting and useful topic information. I will regularly read your post. [https://elviano.com/property-builder-gta]Custom homes GTA[/https://elviano.com/property-builder-gta]
Re: How To Terminate A CAT5 Network Cable. by ricklopez: 12:45pm On Nov 29, 2019
Thank you for providing this interesting and useful topic information. I will regularly read your post. <a href="https://elviano.com/property-builder-gta/">Custom homes GTA</a>
Re: How To Terminate A CAT5 Network Cable. by RobertHacks: 9:42am On Dec 20, 2019
Great information, glad to find your post! Best spin bike to use with peloton app https://spinbikeexpert.net/why-you-need-the-best-spin-bike-for-peloton-app/

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop Computer From Displaying "Press F1 To Continue" During Boot / 622: NCC Toll Free Contact Centre Fully Functional / How Hackers Hack Facebook And How To Prevent Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.