Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness (13718 Views)

5 Major Reasons Why Freelancing Is Better Than Any 9-5 Job / A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA / 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 28, 2018
I understand your view
Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by BreakupNigeria: 6:31pm On Jun 28, 2018
SoNature:
Outsourcing of jobs to make more money

I love freelancing die

But my challenge is that my area is full of Yahoo boys and people may just assume I am one of them
Now that's another con. Illiteracy and ignorance has made most Nigerians to believe that everybody who is always working online is a Yahoo boy, and that's very discouraging and annoying. For one to keep late nights, struggle and work hard to deliver projects only for people to reduce your genuine hard work to fraud is terrible to say the least and not to talk about the menace of SARS that would also harass you. Nigeria is really messed up in all angles.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by bamac(m): 6:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
gergemam:
Having better time to spend with family

Hobbies are accomplished... grin grin grin
It is a lie o, family ke, have you forgotten that you must be sure that you have earned up to a certain amount before your mind can think about family. Beginning of the business month is not always very easy i tell you.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by Rossikki: 6:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
The main issue with freelancing is building a clientele of paying customers. There is a lot of competition.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by Pesuzok(m): 6:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
True, but can't be compared to working in certain companies

1 Like

Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
[i][/i]You're probably right Bro. Bt we are NT created equally.
majekdom2:
hahahah.... working from home is never an advantage. only lazy people see it as an advantage. Get an office. you can always freelance from your office. freelance is not about sitting at home, I classify it as consultancy. A full time job has its merit too. This comparison is redundant
Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by benebaby77: 6:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
BreakupNigeria:
Like seriously? You make it sound like you are doing him a favour by becoming a freelancer shocked shocked Are you going to share the proceeds with him or what??

Honestly, the guy is very funny for asking those question.

Even if he's to share the proceeds, the questions shouldn't up to that.....
Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2018
Hmmmmmmmmm. Nice write up man but what of someone like me who doesn't have any idea about this & am in die need of a job.
Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by benebaby77: 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2018
GeniusHawlah:
To get job is the problem. No client wants to try the new writers. cry

To get clients as new freelancer with no feedbacks and ratings, you need to share the samples of your previous works with the new prospective clients and in your bidding ensure that you demonstrate the ideal understanding of the client's needs.

Lastly, don't bid too high...

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by Constie(f): 7:10pm On Jun 28, 2018
Nice write up..
Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by Babaflenjor: 7:29pm On Jun 28, 2018
Selling of eBook ... hmmmmm
Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by goshen26: 7:33pm On Jun 28, 2018
Nice one....at the end you will ask for money from jobless graduate like you. How I wish people can prove their self by helping people without collecting a dime
Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by statusquoante: 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
It's the e-book man again... grin
Online business is no business without anything concrete offline.
Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by SureDan2000(m): 7:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
freelancing pays but its a no no for me

i love my football betting well well no be small

i spend 30 to 55 minutes analysing games after that i will stake good amount of money on the games and go to bed

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
Rely ONLY on freelancing at your own peril.
Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by Felixv: 7:52pm On Jun 28, 2018
Some of the problems with freelancing is that you would have to plan for your retirement — pension plans and health care.

Most companies make contribution to pension plans and health care. So one should carefully evaluate those before jumping into freelancing.
Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by Dex4(m): 8:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
Bro, as a freelancer myself, I will tell you it's a bitter-sweet venture o.

You are at the mercy of the client to pay you when work's completed,it's highly frustrating sometimes!! I currently have one, and it's a pain in the ass.

Considering the advantages as stipulated, it's a pretty good venture if steady paying job doesn't come through.
Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 28, 2018
nnachukz:
Nothing sweet me pass trading online. Ever since I discovered it, money keeps flowing in daily.
can you put me through please?
Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by KellyGatzz(m): 9:01pm On Jun 28, 2018
rentAcock:
Its true, freelancers earn good pay but you should also include some of the cons of freelancing.
(1) You are at the mercy of the platform. Most Nigerian freelancers on fiverr, upwork etc use fake names and foreign locations to hide their true identity because posing as an American increases your chance of having more sales as compared to actually working from Nigeria. The moment those sites get a wind of your true location, you will either be banned or deported back to Nigeria.

(2) Sure you earn dollars and our abysmal exchange rate makes it such a profitable venture. For example, a job an American wouldn't consider for $100 because of the time requirement, a Nigerian will gladly take on the task because $100 is about 36k. You stay up all night sometimes, getting tasks completed.

(3) Sometimes you are at the mercy of exchangers. You earn dollars but you cannot spend dollars so you will have to rely on an exchanger, while many are fair, some are very greedy and would want to exchange your hard earned dollars for N270/$.

(4) While there is a good potential of making good money freelancing, its not consistent. You can earn $2000 one month and make just $50 the next month. A regular job provides you consistent income on a monthly basis.

(5) You can't just wake up and say you want to be a freelancer, it also requires you to choose a niche and master your craft. You will need to self-educate yourself to attain knowledge and the necessary tools needed to be successful.

(6) Then there's that constant cat & mouse game you need to play if you plan to operate a foreign account or plan to have multiple accounts to boost your sales. You have to get a foreign VPN and specialized browsers. Plus, you may have to pay for reviews just to boost traffic to your page and what not.

Overall, freelancing is still a far better option than being unemployed or working menial jobs, but if you already have a stable job, freelancing can be a secondary source of income, but I won't advise giving up your main job. Just know the ins & outs and you are good to go.

Seems like you're into freelancing?
Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by holarzstringz(m): 9:06pm On Jun 28, 2018
I wouldn't know this if not for that topic but can u envisage more on that for me to have the know how's.
Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by DrMuzungu(m): 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2018
The main problem with freelancing is that, unless you have long-term clients, income is not guaranteed! One month you can earn thousands of $$$, the next month maybe the same but also maybe nothing.
Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 28, 2018
BreakupNigeria:
Like seriously? You make it sound like you are doing him a favour by becoming a freelancer shocked shocked Are you going to share the proceeds with him or what??

lol... the blogger no answer me ooo
Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by sexdoll: 10:20pm On Jun 28, 2018
danjumakolo:
So
1.What do u do as a freelancer?
2.What was your last freelancing job and how much where u paid?
3.What is your freelancing i.d?I want to see your rating.

All above will certainly encourage me to start.
Thanks sir

you don't sound like someone who truly wants to get started.

in fact, to me, you sound like a lazy youth... a lazy youth looking for more excuses not to get down to work.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by sexdoll: 10:32pm On Jun 28, 2018
SureDan2000:
freelancing pays but its a no no for me

i love my football betting well well no be small

i spend 30 to 55 minutes analysing games after that i will stake good amount of money on the games and go to bed

o boy eh, na sense full your head, aswear

since i discovered sports betting, aswear i no fit do any other online business again.

before before na adsense wey me i dey manage.

but since i enter sports betting, i no even send google with their adsense again.

i no say sports betting dey very risky but guy i no go lie you, e dey very very easy too...

in fact, when i see people wey dey talk say dem no fit do sports betting, i go just dey laff dem for my mind.

wetin all of fiverr, upwork, freelancer, SFI, infolinks, amazon kindle, ebook marketing, adsense and all the rest of them combined fit give you in a month, sports betting fit give you all of that in A DAY!!!

sports betting na baba!!!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by kjhova(m): 10:43pm On Jun 28, 2018
kovic7:
how can I be a freelancer?? I really need help?

www.naijacontentwriters.com
Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by Partnerbiz3: 11:01pm On Jun 28, 2018
sexdoll:

o boy eh, na sense full your head, aswear

since i discovered sports betting, aswear i no fit do any other online business again.

before before na adsense wey me i dey manage.

but since i enter sports betting, i no even send google with their adsense again.

i no say sports betting dey very risky but guy i no go lie you, e dey very very easy too...

in fact, when i see people wey dey talk say dem no fit do sports betting, i go just dey laff dem for my mind.

wetin all of fiverr, upwork, freelancer, SFI, infolinks, amazon kindle, ebook marketing, adsense and all the rest of them combined fit give you in a month, sports betting fit give you all of that in A DAY!!!

sports betting na baba!!!

Story, Every gambler is a loser as there is no sure game.

The only people cashing out are the owners and agents.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by BiafranBushBoy: 12:14am On Jun 29, 2018
GeniusHawlah:
To get job is the problem. No client wants to try the new writers. cry

lol
Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by Nobody: 12:27am On Jun 29, 2018
sexdoll:

you don't sound like someone who truly wants to get started.

in fact, to me, you sound like a lazy youth... a lazy youth looking for more excuses not to get down to work.

lol....go to YouTube and see my channel.
Put my channel on income YouTube site to see wat I make

AMPLEX

This is one of the five channels I am revealing for the first time to Nigerians.

My audience is 100% foreign
Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by sexdoll: 5:20am On Jun 29, 2018
Partnerbiz3:

Story, Every gambler is a loser as there is no sure game.

The only people cashing out are the owners and agents.

ignorance is bliss. embarassed
Re: 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness by Manlikechichari: 10:40am On Jun 29, 2018
rentAcock:
Its true, freelancers earn good pay but you should also include some of the cons of freelancing.
(1) You are at the mercy of the platform. Most Nigerian freelancers on fiverr, upwork etc use fake names and foreign locations to hide their true identity because posing as an American increases your chance of having more sales as compared to actually working from Nigeria. The moment those sites get a wind of your true location, you will either be banned or deported back to Nigeria.

(2) Sure you earn dollars and our abysmal exchange rate makes it such a profitable venture. For example, a job an American wouldn't consider for $100 because of the time requirement, a Nigerian will gladly take on the task because $100 is about 36k. You stay up all night sometimes, getting tasks completed.

(3) Sometimes you are at the mercy of exchangers. You earn dollars but you cannot spend dollars so you will have to rely on an exchanger, while many are fair, some are very greedy and would want to exchange your hard earned dollars for N270/$.

(4) While there is a good potential of making good money freelancing, its not consistent. You can earn $2000 one month and make just $50 the next month. A regular job provides you consistent income on a monthly basis.

(5) You can't just wake up and say you want to be a freelancer, it also requires you to choose a niche and master your craft. You will need to self-educate yourself to attain knowledge and the necessary tools needed to be successful.

(6) Then there's that constant cat & mouse game you need to play if you plan to operate a foreign account or plan to have multiple accounts to boost your sales. You have to get a foreign VPN and specialized browsers. Plus, you may have to pay for reviews just to boost traffic to your page and what not.

Overall, freelancing is still a far better option than being unemployed or working menial jobs, but if you already have a stable job, freelancing can be a secondary source of income, but I won't advise giving up your main job. Just know the ins & outs and you are good to go.

please how do i get started?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Your Applications Are Not Getting Response / Meet Prosper Erem The Fulfilled Female Shoe Maker / 10 Things To Look For In A Great Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.