Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen (2404 Views)

Jos Jailbreak: 11 Persons Killed, 262 Inmates Flee, 12 Recaptured / 837 Inmates Escape From Oyo Prison, 262 Recaptured / Abubakar Abdullahi: Facts About Imam Who Saved 262 Christians During Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by yashedabai(m): 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2018
A kind-hearted and brave Muslim cleric has saved about 262 person fleeing from some suspected herdsmen who had invaded Nghar Yelwa village in the Barkin Ladi local government area of Plateau state. Imam did this by hiding the persons in a mosque.

Upon seeing victims fleeing from suspected herdsmen who attacked Nghar Yelwa, a village in Plateau state on Sunday, June 24, an unnamed Imam opened the door of a mosque and hid them.

Amounting to about 262, the persons were running for safety from a neighbouring village in the Barkin Ladi local government area, which was being attacked by gunmen. Although police report claim that only 86 persons died after the attack, villagers insist that the death toll rose beyond 200 victims.

Speaking to Dooshima Abu, a BBC correspondent, concerning the development, the kind-hearted Islamic cleric said: "I hid the women in my personal house and after that, I took the men into the mosque and hid them there"

However, the attackers caught up with the Imam, forcefully demanding him to release to them those who are Christians in the mosque. But the cleric lied to the gang that everyone in the mosque were Muslims. Upon hearing this, the attackers left the Imam and went on with their killing spree elsewhere.

According to newsmen, the mosque is now the home and refuge of those hidden by the Imam. Other Berom natives, including some Muslims residing in Barkin Ladi who escaped the attack, ran to Nghar Yelwa for safety, which is the nearest village

Before now, the Muslim community in the area were in need of where they could build a mosque, and in a gesture of kindness, the Berom natives offered them a piece of land for the same purpose free of charge.

https://www.naija.ng/1177615-plateau-killings-brave-imam-hides-262-persons-mosque-killer-herdsmen.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by BankeSmalls(f): 6:49pm On Jun 28, 2018
And all that time, the police were busing guardian Buharri and his Apc goons in Abuja grin

Failed country.
Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by Donald95(m): 6:50pm On Jun 28, 2018
Liars trying to balance equation. Until we confirm from Plateau people. Religion of pieces full of Terrorist Terrorising the whole world.

6 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 28, 2018
And they were spared because they were thought to be Muslims,is that not jihad

11 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by ourfather: 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by iluvdonjazzy: 7:57pm On Jun 28, 2018
if FG says the death of Nigeria during PDP regime is over 20,000 in 17years and APC 10,000 in 3years, so before APC regime get to 17 years Nigeria would have finished.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by clevvermind(m): 8:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
God will so much punish Buhari and his agents. wicked souls.

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by Blackfire(m): 8:56pm On Jun 28, 2018
Pure undiluted lies from liars ....

Take this .... Waka
Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by Dedetwo(m): 9:10pm On Jun 28, 2018
yashedabai:
[b]A kind-hearted and brave Muslim cleric has saved about 262 person fleeing from some suspected herdsmen who had invaded Nghar Yelwa village in the Barkin Ladi local government area of Plateau state. Imam did this by hiding the persons in a mosque.

[/b]Upon seeing victims fleeing from suspected herdsmen who attacked Nghar Yelwa, a village in Plateau state on Sunday, June 24, an unnamed Imam opened the door of a mosque and hid them.

Amounting to about 262, the persons were running for safety from a neighbouring village in the Barkin Ladi local government area, which was being attacked by gunmen. Although police report claim that only 86 persons died after the attack, villagers insist that the death toll rose beyond 200 victims.

Speaking to Dooshima Abu, a BBC correspondent, concerning the development, the kind-hearted Islamic cleric said: "I hid the women in my personal house and after that, I took the men into the mosque and hid them there"

However, the attackers caught up with the Imam, forcefully demanding him to release to them those who are Christians in the mosque. But the cleric lied to the gang that everyone in the mosque were Muslims. Upon hearing this, the attackers left the Imam and went on with their killing spree elsewhere.

According to newsmen, the mosque is now the home and refuge of those hidden by the Imam. Other Berom natives, including some Muslims residing in Barkin Ladi who escaped the attack, ran to Nghar Yelwa for safety, which is the nearest village

Before now, the Muslim community in the area were in need of where they could build a mosque, and in a gesture of kindness, the Berom natives offered them a piece of land for the same purpose free of charge.

https://www.naija.ng/1177615-plateau-killings-brave-imam-hides-262-persons-mosque-killer-herdsmen.html

The writer of the above article is a basement fool. What makes the cleric brave and kind? I had expected to hear that the so-called Muslim swung his AK47 into action and engaged the herdsmen in do or die fire fight. This nonsensical crap and idiotic collusion between the so-called Muslin Clerics and the organized ethnic cleansing fronted by the herdsmen are benign of nay progress in the shithole called Nigeria. By the way, why Nigeria continue to experience ethnic cleansing engineered by the political elites in northern region of Nigeria? I have said and will continue to lament that the best for the zoo called Nigeria is disintegration. I have nothing against those who want to hang out in Nigeria but I want out.

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:13pm On Jun 28, 2018
BankeSmalls:
And all that time, the police were busing guardian Buharri and his Apc goons in Abuja grin

Failed country.

Perhaps you also could do something about your apparent failed education.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by debaj10: 9:14pm On Jun 28, 2018
good one,
good man.
sai baba

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by Ziggylady(f): 9:15pm On Jun 28, 2018
I smell lies lipsrsealed
Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by dlondonbadboy: 9:30pm On Jun 28, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

Concentrate of the topic at hand Mr Abokii. Your people are killing my people...Do you want war?

5 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by royalamour(m): 9:32pm On Jun 28, 2018
Cooked lies again.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:06pm On Jun 28, 2018
Dedetwo:

The writer of the above article is a basement fool. What makes the cleric brave and kind? I had expected to hear that the so-called Muslim swung his AK47 into action and engaged the herdsmen in do or die fire fight. This nonsensical crap and idiotic collusion between the so-called Muslin Clerics and the organized ethnic cleansing fronted by the herdsmen are benign of nay progress in the shithole called Nigeria. By the way, why Nigeria continue to experience ethnic cleansing engineered by the political elites in northern region of Nigeria? I have said and will continue to lament that the best for the zoo called Nigeria is disintegration. I have nothing against those who want to hang out in Nigeria but I want out.

Couldn't have expected anything less than the above baseless emotionally charged illogical tripe other than from an irrational Kanu disciple and his terrorist group.

Meanwhile, don't bother to quote me until you resolve similar ongoing drums of war in your regional backyard where enmity is brewing up between the ppl of Ebonyi and Cross River State (no thanks fanning the embers of hatred by local politicians) along with massive blood letting between the communities of Ntan Obu-Ukpe in Odukpani LGA, Cross River and Ikpanya of Ibiono Ibom LGA, Akwa Ibom State; where more than 40 ppl were reported killed - which not surprisingly the mainstream media (owned and dominated by PDP Christian south) has completely ignored because it embarrassingly runs counter to their divisive narrative and agenda of making political capital out of the ongoing herdsmen/farmer crisis in the north.

Perhaps CAN may similarly want to mobilise its members to also demonstrate against the killings, this time of Christians by Christians in these communities - which may also be part of their ludicrous theory of Buhari's Jihad ti Islamise Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by Is04970: 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2018
Why was the mosque spared and not churches?
Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
Unsurprisingly, the cretins
Is04970:
Why was the mosque spared and not churches?
Was any church affected? Pictures or I won't believe it

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
dlondonbadboy:

Concentrate of the topic at hand Mr Abokii.
Your people are killing my people...Do you want war?

You still can't help exposing your own deficiency, can you?
Yet you were quick at condemning the president?

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by abdulmalik3(m): 3:39am On Jun 29, 2018
abokihater:
And they were spared because they were thought to be Muslims,is that not jihad
stop beign stupid,save is save.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by zombieHUNTER: 5:01am On Jun 29, 2018
The attackers asked him to give up those that are Christians.. But he lied to them that all were Muslims and they left...

My people there is a subtle Jihad going on... Be on guard and lend your voice to the stop evil
Yoruba Christians on the forum should emulate their counterparts down south.. It's time to stand up and be counted as a soldier of Christ... And defend Christianity

The battle line has been drawn by the mortals from futa jalon but the battle is mine says the Lord of lords

1 Like

Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by zombieHUNTER: 5:11am On Jun 29, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

You still can't help exposing your own deficiency, can you?
Yet you were quick at condemning the president?

So after going through the thread... What came to your mind to to become a grammar police

You can't condemn the killings and killers or even their motive even when it's glaring...
You can't put pressure on the sleeping federal government to wake up and do their job by providing security to the defenseless citizens and arrest the culprits....

If you keep quiet in the face of evil
You are not different from the perpetrators

1 Like

Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by anibi9674: 5:40am On Jun 29, 2018
ok.
Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by Notmyproblem: 5:52am On Jun 29, 2018
This is nothing but Taqiya towards gullible Christians. If you know you know.
Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by naptu2: 5:59am On Jun 29, 2018
Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:11am On Jun 29, 2018
News Padding to maintain equilibrum
Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by Dumdumfashion(f): 6:23am On Jun 29, 2018
If this is true, may God bless him.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by valentinos22(m): 6:23am On Jun 29, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

this type of wicked, OP and heartless response can only come from a jihadist....
Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by Nobody: 6:31am On Jun 29, 2018
Next headline..."262 embrace Islam after being protected by brave imam."
Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 29, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Failed country.
you need sense review
Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by Nobody: 6:42am On Jun 29, 2018
clevvermind:
God will so much punish Buhari and his agents. wicked souls.
and you

1 Like

Re: Plateau Killings: Brave Imam Hides 262 Persons In Mosque From Killer Herdsmen by Nobody: 6:43am On Jun 29, 2018
dlondonbadboy:

Concentrate of the topic at hand Mr Abokii. Your people are killing my people...Do you want war?
shithole

(1) (2)

Is Jimi Agbaje Really Broke? See Their Facebook Ad... / Is Ojukwu The Owner Of Bori Camp In Rivers State? / Yorubas Are The ONLY Obstacle To Southern Unity Against The Buhari Menace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.