Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts (106778 Views)

Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion / Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA / Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by munas: 9:54pm On Jun 28, 2018
This is not an ordinary tanker explosion....Its a boko haram attack

1 Like

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by kayceerilyn(f): 9:56pm On Jun 28, 2018
DonDemu:
Hope it is not a set up to politically malign APC. One can't trust the ever desperate PDP.

RIP to the dead
Do you have sense?

3 Likes

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by sholay2011(m): 9:57pm On Jun 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
May their families have the strength to bear the loss.
From Jos to russia to Lagos, it has been a black June indeed.
Throughout my years living in the USA, there have never been any fire disaster from a diesel or petrol carrier. But over there in naija these things happen so often . How some people still beat their chest to say they are Nigerians never ceases to amaze me. In Uganda there is sanity and its rare to see disasters like this. Same goes for Kenya, Tanzania, south Africa etc. But in the supposed giant of Africa people die and get roasted in fire like Bush meat everyday.

The world cup loss in Russia is the most painful of them all. Followed by the Jos massacre. And followed by the Otedola bridge disaster.
shocked HOW CAN YOU SAY THIS NONSENSE?!

HOW CAN YOU EQUATE HUMAN LIVES TO ONE SILLY WORLD CUP? Wow! Nigerians never cease to amaze me.

2 Likes

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by redcliff: 9:58pm On Jun 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Throughout my years living in the USA, there have never been any fire disaster from a diesel or petrol carrier. But over there in naija these things happen so often . How some people still beat their chest to say they are Nigerians never ceases to amaze me. In Uganda there is sanity and its rare to see disasters like this. Same goes for Kenya, Tanzania, south Africa etc. But in the supposed giant of Africa people die and get roasted in fire like Bush meat everyday.

The world cup loss in Russia is the most painful of them all. Followed by the Jos massacre. And followed by the Otedola bridge disaster.

exact same thoughts
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by kstyle2(m): 10:02pm On Jun 28, 2018
laborious:
how can dey confirm just nine bodies, how about the people driving the 54 vehicles
same thing that came to mind. I know they won't give us an accurate number of those that died
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Trendirabingi: 10:05pm On Jun 28, 2018
Hope it is getting clearer to many numbskull nigerians dat d kind of individuals running dis contraption and d system of existance of dis contraption called nigeria controlled as a neo-colony of the "racist" British "west africa" is a disaster to the unknowing citizens dat ignorantly galivant everyday like they are not pertubed or dat wat is goin on around them does not concern dem..until all ye citizen accumulate ur angers in which ever form and bring it upon all dis minute bastards that bent on having dis disaster of a country to remain in such continious modus operandi or even worse, ye all are all joking..

1 Like

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Jakumo(m): 10:06pm On Jun 28, 2018
Until such time as petrol tanker trucks are BANNED from daylight travel in Nigeria, and ONLY allowed to travel the nation's highways after 10pm at night, and before 5am in the morning, there will be MANY more incidents like this, and many more deaths by immolation.

Having personally traveled that God-forsaken highway of death that connects Lagos to the rest of the country, I can attest that virtually ALL petrol tankers LEAK highly flammable gasoline CONSTANTLY, such that the smell is CONSTANT when cars get stuck in gridlock on that road.

Constantly leaking gasoline means explosions will remain a fact of life for Nigerian road users, unless a daytime tanker truck ban is enforced quickly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Cletus77(m): 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

Just shut up foreigner if you don't know what to say!

1 Like

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 28, 2018
makydebbie:
We really need to join hands and pray for Nigeria.

Lord have mercy. This is just too much.
Have we not been praying? Is it not time to work so the prayers can have effect.
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Loversminds: 10:11pm On Jun 28, 2018
This is very sad. God please have mercy on us

1 Like

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by sportfeva(m): 10:12pm On Jun 28, 2018
dubbiskelly:
Nigeria is a failed state

Always be positive. Nigerians need to be positive. This is part of the solution. You and I don't have another country.
My country Nigeria is not a failed state likewise your father land.

1 Like

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by jaxxy(m): 10:13pm On Jun 28, 2018
makydebbie:
We really need to join hands and pray for Nigeria.

Lord have mercy. This is just too much.

Beyond prayer also we need to know why on earth a tanker will explode on the road or even when offloading and prevent such calamities from happening.

I keep wondering cudnt this have been prevented if things where done properly? The black man is so disorganized in everything.
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Afec1000givers: 10:14pm On Jun 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

you are not different from those fulani herdsmen who believed cow life is more useful than men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Cidatek(m): 10:14pm On Jun 28, 2018
Lord have mercy
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Salmoneus(m): 10:14pm On Jun 28, 2018
resurgent2019:

There is too much death in Nigeria. Why are some of you so comfortable with mediocrity.

You can stay and have plenty children in Nigeria since you love her so much.

I'm just saying reality, the grass is always greener on the other side, until you experience it, take those who ran to Libya for example, see how they begged, sold everything to return to Nigeria. This country is in a very bad state but running out to inconvenience other people in their countries could backfire on you in future...see Trump building child concentration camps in America, stay and fix your country, others have done it under worse conditions. undecided
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by DoTheNeedful: 10:17pm On Jun 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

May you die under worse circumstance in a slow but painful way you son of a prostitute and a mentally deranged father. Anu mpama!

1 Like

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by netflicks(m): 10:17pm On Jun 28, 2018
Mehn this one pass gari oo...life and properties wasted...all under this apc. govt and u tell me they are not blood suckers...
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by makydebbie(f): 10:21pm On Jun 28, 2018
jaxxy:

Beyond prayer also we need to know why on earth a tanker will explode on the road or even when offloading and prevent such calamities from happening.

I keep wondering cudnt this have been prevented if things where done properly? The black man is so disorganized in everything.

I'm just tired of the bad news all the time jare. Innocent deaths, it's devastating.

Naijal:

Have we not been praying? Is it not time to work so the prayers can have effect.

Hmm..
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Ubty: 10:22pm On Jun 28, 2018
Just wanna ask a simple question...who is supposed to check the safety indices and road worthiness of these tankers and other large vehicles? Is it FRSC? Cos I have never seen such before. All they do is 'disturb' small vehicles

1 Like

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by mandate12: 10:22pm On Jun 28, 2018
philip0906:

Ogun light you

Now what has he said wrong?
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by dj5naira(m): 10:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
jayman00004:
all what you need is N5 sense

My sense?
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by NigPatriot(m): 10:24pm On Jun 28, 2018
youre mad, why wish someone death!
DoTheNeedful:

May you die under worse circumstance in a slow but painful way you son of a prostitute and a mentally deranged father. Anu mpama!
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Dami12345: 10:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by TourismMan(m): 10:26pm On Jun 28, 2018
Shi!t hole country! My condolences to the families of those lost in the unfortunate incident.
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by DoTheNeedful: 10:29pm On Jun 28, 2018
NigPatriot:
youre mad, why wish someone death!

You are very stup!d! Can't you see how he was trolling with a sad news involving the death of many people? Should we lose our humanity, sympathy and empathy so as just to get cheap "likes" from people. Just read his last line again.
I genuinely fear for this generation. sad
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by RexTramadol1: 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
laborious:
how can dey confirm just nine bodies, how about the people driving the 54 vehicles

That's the situation report at that moment

A comprehensive report will be out when all details will be given fully

Few people escaped, and some got burnt beyond recognition (Lord have mercy).
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by georgetemi(m): 10:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

Very very unfortunate. May God comfort the families of the deceased and grant them the fortitude to bear the irreplaceable, irreparable losses
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by blackgold90(m): 10:49pm On Jun 28, 2018
DonDemu:
Hope it is not a set up to politically malign APC. One can't trust the ever desperate PDP.

RIP to the dead

You are one of Nigerias problem
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Temidayo9(m): 10:50pm On Jun 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/741039002

1 Like

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Jossycare: 10:51pm On Jun 28, 2018
Since we know our safety precaution is porous in this country, can't we buy sense.?In western countries tankers have a special way of offloading,they use underground. See bodies everywhere. So so sad.May their gentle soul rest in peace .
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by mansamusa08(m): 10:51pm On Jun 28, 2018
wwwkaycom:
World cup loss is more painful than human lives loss? Ah! You may have to quickly consult your psychiatric doctor please.

He thinks there are no Ipob among the victims.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian In Philippines Displays Relief Items Given To Him By Government / Ask A Pilot... / Cost Of Nigerian International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.