Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,531 members, 7,801,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts (106777 Views)

Dashcam Footage Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire/Explosion / Lagos Tanker Fire: 8 Adults And 1 Minor Burnt To Death, 4 Injured - LASEMA / Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by abiolamitodun(m): 11:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
agabaI23:
I actually think it is a terrorist attack.
thank u... that was my first thought... according to an eye witness....he said he saw the tanker moving backwards and fell off the culvet...
and I've been having this in mind that Lagos has always been a target in the SW
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by VivaDeAngelo(m): 11:34pm On Jun 28, 2018
DonDemu:
Hope it is not a set up to politically malign APC. One can't trust the ever desperate PDP.

RIP to the dead

You are a fool, and I really tried to put it mildly.

4 Likes

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by VivaDeAngelo(m): 11:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
May their families have the strength to bear the loss.
From Jos to russia to Lagos, it has been a black June indeed.
Throughout my years living in the USA, there have never been any fire disaster from a diesel or petrol carrier. But over there in naija these things happen so often . How some people still beat their chest to say they are Nigerians never ceases to amaze me. In Uganda there is sanity and its rare to see disasters like this. Same goes for Kenya, Tanzania, south Africa etc. But in the supposed giant of Africa people die and get roasted in fire like Bush meat everyday.

The world cup loss in Russia is the most painful of them all. Followed by the Jos massacre. And followed by the Otedola bridge disaster.

The world cup loss in Russia is the most painful of them all? Smh

2 Likes

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by rs172(m): 11:52pm On Jun 28, 2018
Salmoneus:

I'm just saying reality, the grass is always greener on the other side, until you experience it, take those who ran to Libya for example, see how they begged, sold everything to return to Nigeria. This country is in a very bad state but running out to inconvenience other people in their countries could backfire on you in future...see Trump building child concentration camps in America, stay and fix your country, others have done it under worse conditions. undecided

so what step have you taken to fix Nigeria.
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by babeosisi: 11:55pm On Jun 28, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Throughout my years living in the USA, there have never been any fire disaster from a diesel or petrol carrier. But over there in naija these things happen so often . How some people still beat their chest to say they are Nigerians never ceases to amaze me. In Uganda there is sanity and its rare to see disasters like this. Same goes for Kenya, Tanzania, south Africa etc. But in the supposed giant of Africa people die and get roasted in fire like Bush meat everyday.

The world cup loss in Russia is the most painful of them all. Followed by the Jos massacre. And followed by the Otedola bridge disaster.

Are you sure you watch the news?
There's been plenty including train derailment with fuel and fires.

The world cup is the most painful?
I ji kwa aju buru?

3 Likes

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Salmoneus(m): 11:57pm On Jun 28, 2018
rs172:

so what step have you taken to fix Nigeria.

I have my PVC... wink
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by tiwiex(m): 12:02am On Jun 29, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

The world Cup loss was the most painful? Compared to the Jos massacre and the bridge fire? Well, I commend your sincerity at least.

1 Like

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by tiwiex(m): 12:04am On Jun 29, 2018
continentalceo:
Holy Mary! When will we get to the point were there is law and order in this country. Do this tankers have a regulatory body that certify the tankers road worthy? Will anybody even be held responsible and convicted? When will the life and properties of citizen ever truly be safeguarded by our government? God of mercy please save Nigeria from these evil men called Politicians that only preach law and order when they are affected directly. May the souls of the departed rest in peace, Amen!
Wrong question. The right question is why must tankers fill up mostly in Lagos. Lagos has been feeling like a chairman and holding on to opportunity other states can benefit from. This is one of the cost of the avoidable chairman role. It is time to review many things in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 29, 2018
DonDemu:
Hope it is not a set up to politically malign APC. One can't trust the ever desperate PDP.

RIP to the dead
just coman shut up
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by chikason68(m): 12:26am On Jun 29, 2018
DonDemu:

RIP to the dead
Just read what u typed.

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by EthanTL(m): 12:30am On Jun 29, 2018
DonDemu:

RIP to the dead

Fam, you really need help.

Like really really.
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by donqx: 1:15am On Jun 29, 2018
hmm
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by alen4smith(m): 1:57am On Jun 29, 2018
teaseryoh:
nawa oo this is Nigeria were lives are been lost everyday n buhari is acting like is OK.
Buhari is the tanker driver I guess.if dont have anything to say STFU
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Iwanttoto: 2:01am On Jun 29, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

E be like say u dumb like buhari

2 Likes

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Bambela(m): 2:13am On Jun 29, 2018
More than 200 persons killed last week and more than 30 lives lost today. A country ruled by agent of darkness.
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by peacengine(m): 2:55am On Jun 29, 2018
[quote author=ChiefAzubuike post=68913627][b]
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by peacengine(m): 3:08am On Jun 29, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
[s]May their families have the strength to bear the loss.

The world cup loss in Russia is the most painful of them all. Followed by the Jos massacre. And followed by the Otedola bridge disaster[/s].

Nigga there is no place on earth where people don't die, most life span is 70 years, if you are lucky and blessed you will live beyond that but 90% will not make 100 years even in your beloved America. Use google search to confirm, accidents happen in every country, the important thing is reducing loss of lives and prevention. No place is free from it. Instead of praying for the dead you condemn everything, don't u see fire service working?.How is the most painful thing world cup loss? Analogue brain
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by davidradex01: 3:40am On Jun 29, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Oluwaseun0704(m): 5:25am On Jun 29, 2018
*NIGERIA PRAYS* (SPECIAL EDITION)
DAY 1 (FRIDAY: 29/06/2018)

1. Let us Worship the Lord and thank Him, proclaiming His constant love and faithfulness upon our lives, our
leaders and over everything that concerns us as a Nation. ( *1Tim. 2;1-3, Ps. 127, 92:1-2.* )

2. Dear father, we ask for forgiveness of our sins, as a nation and individual citizens, for all the insincerity in
leadership, inability to solely depend on You, idolatry, wickedness, lootings, killings and injustice that has
filled our land, have mercy on us oh Lord, cleanse us by the precious blood of Jesus tonight. ( *Jer. 7:16-19, Is. 59:1-2, 2Chr. 7:14, 1Jn. 1:9* )

3. We bring to a halt by the power of Holy Ghost, activities of the beast of reckless wickedness (incessant killings) ravaging our nation Nigeria. *(Ps. 10:15, 140:8-10)*

4. We declare desolation against the household of those who are sponsoring killings, destruction of lives and properties in this nation, let their evil devices and schemes be destroyed by the power of Holy Ghost. ( *Est. 9:25, Job 5:12* )

5. Oh God arise arise in Your mercy and power, let Your Peace prevail over this nation. ( *Ps. 122:6, 127:1* )

6. NIGERIA, hear the Word of the Lord, PEACE BE STILL. ( *Mk. 4:39, Lk. 10:19, Ps. 122:6, Is. 62:7* )

7. Let us give due praises to our God for answers to our prayer. ( *Eph. 3:20, Mk. 11:24, Phil. 4:6, Ps. 65:2, 1Jn. 5:14* ) _Beloved, find the convenient time (at least 30mins) for you to wait upon God in prayer._
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:41am On Jun 29, 2018
So sad. The ones burnt to ashes will be trampled upon. Only the recognized one's and those burnt beyond recognition will be put in body bags. May these not befall any of us and our loved ones
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by AceDomino(m): 6:43am On Jun 29, 2018
Avoidable wreckages that the government failed to prevent... We're are and we'll still be living in a very bleeped up country... May the souls of the dead Nigerians rest in Perfect. Thoughts and prayers worth their families.
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by AceDomino(m): 6:45am On Jun 29, 2018
DonDemu:

RIP to the dead

Where dem carry this mumu come from?
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by HillsBlaze(m): 6:52am On Jun 29, 2018
It's just now that I realized that this occurred like 30mins after I passed thru there.

God heal our land and save us from these calamities going on around us.
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 29, 2018
Haha haha must everything be about politics.
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Amdoyin(m): 7:48am On Jun 29, 2018
post=68913470:
Lord have mercy!
They all left home, not having a premonition that they won't return alive to their abode.
May the soul of the dead Rest well.
This is just so sad.
Reading and seeing all these deaths, especially death of little children makes it so hard to swallow.
May God's protection be with us and our families.

GORY SCENES.
SO SAD!!
AMIN

1 Like

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by omoelerin1: 8:55am On Jun 29, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

The world cup loss in Russia is the most painful of them all? More painful than people being roasted by fire?
See someone who claims to have lived in the US for years!
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by Crownwahley(m): 9:06am On Jun 29, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:

The only thing that makes sense in all your story is the one above.

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by philos(m): 9:30am On Jun 29, 2018
RexTramadol1:
SITUATION REPORT OF THE TANKER INCIDENT ON OTEDOLA BRIDGE INWARD BERGER

On getting to the scene of the incident it was discovered that a Mack tanker truck loaded with 33 liters of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) moving inward Berger at about 5:23pm, fell and spilled its content on the road resulting into fire outbreak. Further investigation by the Lasema Response Team. Unfortunately 9 bodies were confirmed dead and recovered from the scene (8 adults and 1 minor) and 4 persons sustain various degrees of injuries and taken to the hospital. A total number of 54 vehicles were completely burnt as a result of the inferno.
The Agency's LASEMA Response Team, men of Lagos State Fire Service, LRU fire, LSNC, NSCDC, FRSC, LASAMBUS, LASTMA, SEHMU, LSPWC and Nigeria Police Force from Alausa and Isheri Division were the responders present at the scene. Effort on going to recover all burnt vehicles off the road. Recovery operations ongoing.
General Manager LASEMA
Mr. Adesina Tiamiyu

How could it be that only 9 persons died in an inferno that engulfed 54 vehicles? Well, may be the vehicles are without occupants.
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by RexTramadol1: 9:37am On Jun 29, 2018
philos:

How could it be that only 9 persons died in an inferno that engulfed 54 vehicles? Well, may be the vehicles are without occupants.

The 9 people are the bodies that can be recovered

All the others probably burnt beyond recognition.

1 Like

Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by dubbiskelly(m): 9:51am On Jun 29, 2018
sportfeva:

Always be positive. Nigerians need to be positive. This is part of the solution. You and I don't have another country.
My country Nigeria is not a failed state likewise your father land.

This isn’t about positive mindset, Nigeria presently has all the trappings of a failed state, or what would you call the daily blood letting ravaging the country without a single arrest made?
Re: Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts by omolight3: 11:11am On Jun 29, 2018
Please Nigerian Let come together and fight our common enemy (Buhari)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian In Philippines Displays Relief Items Given To Him By Government / Ask A Pilot... / Cost Of Nigerian International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.