Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway (33445 Views)

“Suspend Chicago University Too”– Atiku Reacts After Benin, Togo Cert Revocation / Beloved Anieze: Lady Draws Atiku 2019, Atiku Reacts (Photos) / Frame-up: Atiku Reacts To Obasanjo’s Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Jaymaxxy(m): 10:18pm On Jun 28, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Again Atiku has reacted before Buhari
And how's that an achievement? Atiku is seeking for public sympathy. One should expect him to do that before anyone else. A Buhari (if normal) will be looking for ways to evacuate and get adequate medical assistant to survivors rather than reacting like chemical reaction.

I just wish we can flush all these old cargos out. I'm tired of choosing among bad elements over and over again.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by resurgent2019: 10:18pm On Jun 28, 2018
macphilip:
But we are so religious in this country
despite the unending and continuous prayers
God why have you abandon us?

Just goes to show that it requires more than prayers to build a society.

I am surprised Nigerians haven’t learnt anything from this World Cup. I learnt a lot about the black man from this World Cup.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by adejaresalami1(m): 10:18pm On Jun 28, 2018
Oh lord have mercy, help fix our nation.

Calamities here and there. This nation is sinking I swear.....Those at the top of the ship think they are safe but soon will everyone be drowned.

My one cent.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by mimimile93: 10:19pm On Jun 28, 2018
Election is near. Atiku has turned to chemical reacting to everything..
S.I.P to the departed souls
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by mimimile93: 10:20pm On Jun 28, 2018
Election is near. Atiku has turned to chemical reacting to everything..
S.I.P to the departed souls
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by resurgent2019: 10:20pm On Jun 28, 2018
Trendirabingi:
after d killing of over 2million children whose parents have chosen to break out from dis madness of a current contraption for d future of dia unborn children which is only crime dis contraption connived in massacaring dem,..they have been no sane peace for its government and its existence, while they fool demselves and turn a blind eye like all is well with them..The bloods accross d bightes of land of rising sun will continue to cry on d head of dis contraption, britain an its alliess of d 60s on until d right thing is done, and an attonement..a partaker in d shedding of those bloodz of little children is in d very aso rock of today...loolzzz

So what atonement can be male to appease dead biafrans?
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by BluntBoy(m): 10:21pm On Jun 28, 2018
resurgent2019:

He doesn’t? When an amtrak train derailed off its track and killed Americans in Washington, Donald Trump took time off his busy schedule to commiserate with the families of the dead.

Buhari is certainly not as busy as Trump na.

All that aside, Nigeria is a failed state and millions are stuck within her. Think about that.

Nonsense. What makes you think Trump is busier than Buhari?

You want to compare the governing of a state with fiscal federalism (USA) with a state with pseudo federalism (Nigeria)?

Is it every accidents that Trump reacts to?

Please, we should stop politicizing everything.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by SageTravels: 10:22pm On Jun 28, 2018
Newbiee:
PLATEAU AND PDP'S CROCODILE TEARS – PRESIDENCY

The sad and unfortunate killings in Plateau State over the weekend have been turned to opportunity to once again play irresponsible politics, particularly by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), which says it is declaring seven days of mourning.

These are dolorous times that call for deep introspection on how cheap human lives have become, and the proffering of actionable ideas on how to get out of the bind. But the PDP would rather dance on the graves of the dead, playing cheap, infantile politics.

The comatose and prostrate party is declaring seven days of mourning, during which flags in its offices would be flown at half mast nationwide. But unknown to the party, those flags had been forcefully lowered since its 2015 loss at the polls, and may remain so for a long time to come, because Nigerians are politically discerning, and cannot be hoodwinked by cheap antics.

A quick checklist of some savage and brutal killings in Nigeria during PDP rule, between 1999 and 2015, for which no national mourning was declared:

- November 20, 1999. Odi, in Bayelsa State, was invaded on orders of a PDP President. About 2,500 people killed. No national mourning.

- Between February and May, 2000, about 5,000 people were killed during riots over Sharia law in different parts of the North. No national mourning.

- In 2001, hundreds of people, including the old, infirm, women and children were killed in Zaki Biam. No crocodile tears.

- Between September 7-12, 2001, Jos, Plateau State, erupted in internecine killings. Between 500 and 1,000 people were killed. Flags were not flown at half mast.

- In February, 2004, at least 975 people were killed in Yelwa-Shendam, Plateau State. No mourning by the then ruling PDP.

- Between November 28 and 29, 2008, Jos was in flames again, with 381 deaths.
No mourning.

- In 2010, 992 people killed in Jos. Mum was the word.

- In 2014 alone, according to Global Terrorism Index, at least 1,229 people were killed in the Middle Belt. No mourning.

- Boko Haram killings in PDP years were over 10,000. PDP flags were still fluttering proudly in the sky.

Those who take pleasure in twisting statements from the Presidency may claim we are saying that many more people were killed under PDP than under President Muhammadu Buhari. It would be unconscionable to do so. The intendment of this statement is to show that wanton killings had been with us for awhile; this government is working towards enduring solutions; and should be given the opportunity to do so.

Even a single soul is precious, and no man should take a life, which he cannot create. But when tragic situations as had happened in Plateau State occur, such should never be used to play crude politics. Those who are wont to do so should have change of hearts, or lose their very humanity.

FEMI ADESINA
Special Adviser to the President
(Media and Publicity)
June 28, 2018

where did you and Femi get all those figures?
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by resurgent2019: 10:22pm On Jun 28, 2018
adejaresalami1:
Oh lord have mercy, help fix our nation.

Calamities here and there. This nation is sinking I swear.....Those at the top of the ship think they are safe but soon will everyone be drowned.

My one cent.

Nothing will happen to those at the top. Most of their children are out already. They also have planes parked at various hangars around the country. At worst, they will lose a couple of houses and cars.

It is left for you and I to sort ourselves out.

Don’t ever compare yourself to them ooo.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Apple2: 10:22pm On Jun 28, 2018
Atiku is now reacting to everything. I hate him with passion. Buhari should better remain president than him
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by khalids: 10:22pm On Jun 28, 2018
Mandynews:
Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has expressed sadness over the petrol tanker explotion today on Otedola bridge along the Lagos-Ibadan

He wrote;

"My thoughts are with the fellow Nigerians who have lost lives and property in the tanker fire in Lagos.
My prayers go out to the first responders working hard to bring the blaze under control."

https://twitter.com/atiku/status/1012422931840892929

Source: http://mandynews.com/2018/06/28/atiku-reacts-to-tanker-explosion/

Forget about all this sheep in wolf clothing tactics.....I bet you its some young guy in his campaign team that handles this account......Oga is probably frolicking with some yarinya right now..... angry angry angry.....Katuruma burunu u na banka
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by AnanseK(m): 10:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Atiku has nothing else to do. Just sit and react to news as they break as a campaign gimmick.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by resurgent2019: 10:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

You want to compare the governing of a state with fiscal federalism (USA) with a state with pseudo federalism (Nigeria)?

So you want to compare Trumps schedule with Buhari’s schedule? OMG, stop jorrrr. Nigerians are mourning abeg.

I don’t have time to argue with BMC this night.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Owodiran1(m): 10:24pm On Jun 28, 2018
SalamRushdie:
so it has turn to game of reaction. Chaiiiii.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by resurgent2019: 10:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
Apple2:
Atiku is now reacting to everything. I hate him with passion. Buhari should better remain president than him

Buhari should remain President for another 4 years?

Don’t you have the milk of human kindness flowing in your system? Please get over yourself.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by BluntBoy(m): 10:26pm On Jun 28, 2018
resurgent2019:

So you want to compare Trumps schedule with Buhari’s schedule? OMG, stop jorrrr. Nigerians are mourning abeg.

I don’t have time to argue with BMC this night.

That question should be for you since you seemed certain that Buhari couldn't be as busy as Trump.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by lexy2014: 10:27pm On Jun 28, 2018
SalamRushdie:
buhari will react like next tomorrow. D reaction will.b so dry, that kind make e no b like say I no talk sympathy
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by BluntBoy(m): 10:28pm On Jun 28, 2018
resurgent2019:

Buhari should remain President for another 4 years?

Don’t you have the milk of human kindness flowing in your system? Please get over yourself.

What is wrong with a Buhari presidency?

You think changing a president would suddenly reform an overly messed up country like Nigeria?
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by resurgent2019: 10:30pm On Jun 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

That question should be for you since you seemed certain that Buhari couldn't be as busy as Trump.

Baba, go and sit down somewhere.

I don’t have time to argue with a person who would put Buhari and Trump in the same sentence, talkless of comparing them.

I am not in a good mood.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Trendirabingi: 10:32pm On Jun 28, 2018
resurgent2019:

So what atonement can be male to appease dead biafrans?
ask urself, d attonment might have already began,..nymphiles
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by resurgent2019: 10:33pm On Jun 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

What is wrong with a Buhari presidency?

You think changing a president would suddenly reform an overly messed up country like Nigeria?

Another 4 years for Buhari will ensure that millions of southern/Christians are killed and displaced.

Is that not enough justification to avert such catastrophe? You think the world has time to handle a Nigerian humanitarian disaster?

The world has Syria and Yemen to deal. And I sure they would do something to setule the Buhari conundrum.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by BluntBoy(m): 10:34pm On Jun 28, 2018
resurgent2019:

Baba, go and sit down somewhere.

I don’t have time to argue with a person who would put Buhari and Trump in the same sentence, talkless of comparing them.

I am not in a good mood.

Who is Trump? He is only respected because he is POTUS. Is he even politically smart? He is at best a clown who is merely tolerated because of the office of the US president.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by resurgent2019: 10:34pm On Jun 28, 2018
Trendirabingi:
ask urself, d attonment might have already began,..nymphiles

Abeg tell me na. We are all looking for a solution to the problem.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by lexy2014: 10:35pm On Jun 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

And what difference does that make? The president has a lot on his hands and he doesn't have to react to every happenings.
what are those a lot that d president has on his hands?
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by prinsam30: 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
what the hell is he reacting for, is he not among the politicians seeking for fresh blood coz of election

nonsense
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by BluntBoy(m): 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
resurgent2019:

Another 4 years for Buhari will ensure that millions of southern/Christians are killed and displaced.

Is that not enough justification to avert such catastrophe? You think the world has time to handle a Nigerian humanitarian disaster?

The world has Syria and Yemen to deal. And I sure they would do something to setule the Buhari conundrum.

Christians were massacred under Goodluck Jonathan from 2010-2015. Is that not enough to tell you that politicizing this issue will not solve it?
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by resurgent2019: 10:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

Who is Trump? He is only respected because he is POTUS. Is he even politically smart? He is at best a clown who is merely tolerated because of the office of the US president.

You are asking if he’s politically smart? He won the election na. And he will win again in 2020. His ratings are over the roof and his base are happy with him. The fact that he says what he feels is the truth—e.g, muslims don’t have the DNA for democracy, and that they are terror prone—doesn’t mean he’s a bad President. He came on the mantra of draining the swamp in Washington and that exactly what he’s doing.

And please, don’t mention Buhari here again. This is an uneducated Hausa man you are trying to elevate above his station for Christ’s sakes. Let’s concentrate on the tragedy that occurred in Lagos abeg.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by lexy2014: 10:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

u call Nigeria a pseudo federalism. Do d governors of d constituent parts that make up Nigeria report 2d president? Does buhari supervise d governors?
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by adejaresalami1(m): 10:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
resurgent2019:

Nothing will happen to those at the top. Most of their children are out already. They also have planes parked at various hangars around the country. At worst, they will lose a couple of houses and cars.

It is left for you and I to sort ourselves out.

Don’t ever compare yourself to them ooo.
Exactly their thought, which makes them think they are safe.....the drown I speak of is what you don't understand.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by resurgent2019: 10:43pm On Jun 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

Christians were massacred under Goodluck Jonathan from 2010-2015. Is that not enough to tell you that politicizing this issue will not solve it?

Go and tell that to Richard Grenell(US ambassador to Germany) and other veterans ns in the US intelligence community who have actionable intel on Buhari’s open support and efforts towards imposing strict mohamedan law on all Nigerians irrespective of religious affiliation.

Something has got to give and next year is almost here.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by BluntBoy(m): 10:43pm On Jun 28, 2018
lexy2014:
what are those a lot that d president has on his hands?

Ask a principal of a large school about how it feels to run a school. His experience will not even come close to how much it takes to run a country.

Just imagine the question you are asking. You think running a federation of states (36) is the same as running a provisions store. Even a provisions store manager cannot say that he does not have a lot on his hand at a time in a day.
Re: Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway by resurgent2019: 10:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

Ask a principal of a large school about how it feels to run a school. His experience will not even come close to how much it takes to run a country.

Just imagine the question you are asking. You think running a federation of states (36) is the same as running a provisions store. Even a provisions store manager cannot say that he does not have a lot on his hand at a time in a day.

Are you hausa cause a southerner can’t talk like this.

Please be honest in your response.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: 'Goodluck Johnathan Endorses Anyim Pius Anyim For President' / NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) / Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.