Stats: 3,148,539 members, 7,801,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character (15064 Views)

Genshin Impact/ Kokomi+ Xiangling Are Overpowered Together / 10 Most Annoyingly Difficult Video Games Of All Time / Video Games That Killed People In Real Life (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 29, 2018
The entire point of playing video games is to be able to do things that you never could in real life, be it taking on a horde of aliens on a distant planet or fighting off zombies on this one.

Acommon thread throughout games like these is to make the player feel like a total bada**, and awesome though this is, some games arguably take it too far by overpowering the player character to the point where it's the equivalent of watching a 90s-era Steven Seagal movie: it's fun, but also made to look way too easy.

Sure, cutting through the enemies like a knife through butter can be fun to a point, but there's a fine line between being too easy and too difficult that most games struggle to discover. On the other hand, some games go totally the opposite way and present enemy characters who are ridiculously overpowered, or in the case of multiplayer games, characters other players can select who have an unfair advantage over everyone else.

Theseare unarguably more infuriating because, at least when you're playing the Superman-type hero, you know you're going to win. So, here are the most ridiculously overpowered video game characters, be they ludicrously strong player characters or controller-smashingly difficult enemies.
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 29, 2018
Sephiroth - Kingdom Hearts
It first became apparent that Sephiroth was immensely overpowered when he briefly appeared in Cloud's party in a flashback in Final Fantasy VII, where he's essentially indestructible.

This isn't so much fun, though, when he turns up at the Olympus Coliseum as an optional boss in Square Enix's brilliant Kingdom Hearts.

Thank all that is holy that this is just an optional boss fight, because it likely would have been game-breakingly difficult for most players otherwise. Being at a high level before taking the fight on is a given, but even at level 99, it's still no cake walk, as Sephy has a large amount of HP, and his Heartless Angel attack will instantly kill Sora if it isn't interrupted first.

The ludicrous degree of strategy and thought required to beat Sephiroth makes it only worth attempting for the most dedicated and hardcore players, though that feeling of adrenaline-infused joy when he finally falls is totally worth the hours of angrily cursing Square Enix's name. Honest.

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 29, 2018
Eddy Gordo - Tekken
Anyone who's played Tekken with a buddy will know the feeling of barely-suppressed rage if their pal ends up picking Eddy Gordo as their fighter of choice. Widely regarded as the series' "cheap" choice, he's a wildly overpowered character great for newbie players to score a few easy victories, because his frantic breakdancing style of combat (known as Capoeira) is just such a pain to both defend and attack against. Because Eddy can destroy opponents through sheer button bashing, he proves to be a challenging fighter to even the most skilled Tekken players.

Blocking is the key to taking him down, but even then, it's not exactly a walk in the park. On the other hand, if you're playing as Eddy, it's hilarious watching your friends get bent out of shape as you spam random buttons on the controller and win without even looking at the screen.

And because Namco are clearly trolls, they introduced a female equivalent of Eddy's character, Christie Monteiro, in Tekken 4.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 29, 2018
Max Payne
The depressed, sour faced main character of the Rockstar series of the same name finds himself as an entry in the list. While it might seem a little out of place at first to put a guy like Max Payne on here, his skill set certainly justifies his spot.

Apart from his lightning quick reflexes and adept ability in hand to hand combat, Max’s ability to slow down time makes picking off enemy’s child’s play. Along with his trusty Beretta’s, Max can easily blast through room’s worth of opponents at a time.

So while he might seem like a toned down character at first glance, his vigilante superhero-esque skill set makes him a perfect fit for this kind of list

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 29, 2018
Nyx - Persona 3
This has got to be one of the gloomiest, depressing boss fights in gaming. The stagnant air of hopelessness never lets up for one second as Nyx spouts out line after line of deprecating nonsense. Standing as an entity determined to bring about the end of the world, Nyx is something of an undefeatable entity.

Yes, you do have to “defeat” her avatar at the end of the game, but that’s a moot point. The avatar shifts trough 14 different arcana, constantly swapping out of weaknesses and changing attacks. Its two strongest abilities reflect all damage done to it and do a great deal of damage and cause random status effects respectively.

Any attempts to defeat both her and her avatar are futile and the only way in which to truly defeat Nyx is to prolong her coming by sealing her away.

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 29, 2018
Dante - Devil May Cry
In fairness, Dante is the son of a demon, so it's none too surprising that he's shown to be an absolute beast throughout his tenure in the Devil May Cry games.

That said, the original franchise did occasionally show him getting into a spot of bother, something which was completely thrown out the window in the decidedly more casual-friendly 2013 reboot, DmC. Compared to the insane difficulty of, say, Devil May Cry 3, DmC was a decidedly more streamlined game, allowing Dante to make short work of pretty much any enemy on the normal Devil Hunter mode, while even the more challenging Dante Must Die mode feels significantly nerfed compared to the same mode in the previous games.

Thoughplaying as Dante is still fun to a point, when a game is just too easy, it reduces the thrill, as it's easy enough to just coast through without having to pay too much attention or get too immersed in what's taking place on screen.

A little vulnerability endears us more to characters most of the time, and that's something the new Dante is totally lacking.

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 29, 2018
Kratos - God Of War Series
Instantly recognizable and incredibly popular among the gaming community, Kratos is one of the best known video game characters to come out of the 21st century.

The menacing anti-hero has long since proven himself to be one of gaming’s most annoyingly overpowered characters in video games.

To put it plain and simple, the guy routinely kills Gods. It’s no easy feat for anyone, but you’ve got to think that someone who’s done it this many times is somewhat ahead of the curve.

Kratos has no qualms about his opponent’s status, size, power or any metric you would use to gauge strength. Titans, gods, mythological beasts; nothing has survived arousing his ire.

Evenhis own allies cannot hope to outlast his anger if it is directed towards them. His rage is all that guides him. Death for him throughout the series is simply a mild annoyance. In his last trip to the underworld, Hades himself became a casualty of his vengeance. As the series has continued, so too have his feats of strength.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by khalhokage(m): 9:15am On Jun 29, 2018
Vasaratti16:
Dante - Devil May Cry
In fairness, Dante is the son of a demon, so it's none too surprising that he's shown to be an absolute beast throughout his tenure in the Devil May Cry games.

That said, the original franchise did occasionally show him getting into a spot of bother, something which was completely thrown out the window in the decidedly more casual-friendly 2013 reboot, DmC. Compared to the insane difficulty of, say, Devil May Cry 3, DmC was a decidedly more streamlined game, allowing Dante to make short work of pretty much any enemy on the normal Devil Hunter mode, while even the more challenging Dante Must Die mode feels significantly nerfed compared to the same mode in the previous games.

Thoughplaying as Dante is still fun to a point, when a game is just too easy, it reduces the thrill, as it's easy enough to just coast through without having to pay too much attention or get too immersed in what's taking place on screen.

A little vulnerability endears us more to characters most of the time, and that's something the new Dante is totally lacking.

That's the wrong Dante in the picture.

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Darksider131: 9:39am On Jun 29, 2018
I know you will add Kratos

Beside dante is not just son of a demon, is also half angel
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 29, 2018
khalhokage:

That's the wrong Dante in the picture.

That's the Dante in DMC3
http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Dante
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by psychologist(m): 12:20pm On Jun 29, 2018
Lionel messi

Pes 18
Fifa 18 undecided

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by momodub: 12:20pm On Jun 29, 2018
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by wildcatter23(m): 12:21pm On Jun 29, 2018
wink
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by mokt(m): 12:22pm On Jun 29, 2018
Yoshi In super Mario nko?

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Folashade2016(f): 12:22pm On Jun 29, 2018
Zina the warrior princess is my most annoying..

check my SIGNATURE

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Jethrolite(m): 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2018
Kratos is definitely the true definition of a game character with too much strength. Even his normal moves are just insane and the brutality with which he kills gods, living statues and titans.

I remeber the first time I fought this boss, I was ehen? Make una come see new ruthless game o. The guy de kill anything. That should be 2005/06.

21 Likes

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by ehissi(m): 12:26pm On Jun 29, 2018
Noise!! Lemme use paul and face Eddy. E go be like Argentina vs Aso ebi boys rematch.....

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by crafteck(m): 12:27pm On Jun 29, 2018
psychologist:
Lionel messi

Pes 18
Fifa 18 undecided

Uve made my day.. Lol

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by NLbully(m): 12:31pm On Jun 29, 2018
This one never try Ronaldo for PES 13 embarassed embarassed

The guy na scam cheesy

22 Likes

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by khalhokage(m): 12:31pm On Jun 29, 2018
Vasaratti16:

That's the Dante in DMC3 http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Dante

Yes, but you were referring to the Dante in DmC and that's this guy

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by nedu2000(m): 12:31pm On Jun 29, 2018
Roberto Carlos on Winning eleven.

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by jeronimo(m): 12:32pm On Jun 29, 2018
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Quam7even(m): 12:33pm On Jun 29, 2018
if u like block dey go...once eddy Gordo don start head spin na K.O. remain...tekken 3 Dah yr sha

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by sushieater: 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2018
Noob Saibot.

Enough said.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by RuthlessLeader(m): 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2018
Kratos just has to be in this list. Although his son atreus may replace him when thor kills him
Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by jossey94(m): 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2018
I agree that Kratos is insanely strong. However, i think the fun in the game is using that strength to tear through hordes and hordes of assailants. The mini bosses are also tough to get through, with each one needing to be defeated in different ways.
That said, I think the challenge in GOW is not in fighting the bosses, but actually getting through the puzzles and mazes that Kratos routinely find himself involved in.

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by 190theclown: 12:40pm On Jun 29, 2018
Thanos nkor? undecided

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Ashley86400: 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2018
Mortal Combat characters.
I have a personal dread and dislike in facing thousand-souled Ermac.

I will gladly face Sonya, Jason, Davorah, Tri-borg, the Netherealm gods and other overpowered characters in Mortal Kombat.

He's an ok guy in the movie. .But game Ermac is just too over powered. He's not one to fight or throw punches since he basically floats around.

You throw punches and do all combinations ,he waits till his health bar reaches like 20%. .you're happy you're winning with your almost full health bar. .and in one swift move, Ermac lifts you up in the air and power slams you to the ground. .90% of your almost full health bar is drained. If your health bar is mistakenly half way, you're dead.
I hate Ermac, freaking cheat, I hate him.
If you want to beat me, beat me and let me know I'm being beaten so I can strategize. .don't beat me and make me like "What the fucckk just happened? "

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by Obeflacko(m): 12:45pm On Jun 29, 2018
RuthlessLeader:
Kratos just has to be in this list. Although his son atreus may replace him when thor kills him
if kratos can finish zeus,who is thor?kratos will dismantle;destabilise;and destroy thor..

Re: 6 Most Annoyingly Overpowered Video Games Character by unuel: 12:46pm On Jun 29, 2018
Wetin I use Eddy do my cousin and friends for tekken eh!

4 Reasons The God Of War Is Arguably 2018 Best Game / Used Old Ps3s (20, 60, And 80) Are Increasing In Value Compared To The Ps3 Slim. / Gameloop Offline Installer For Windows 7,8,10