Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,706 members, 7,802,100 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit (49051 Views)

Sergio Ramos In Tears After World Cup Exit (Photos) / Ahmed Musa Speaks After World Cup Exit, As Galatasaray Fans Beg Him To Sign / Germany Players In Tears After 2018 World Cup Exit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by spactacus(m): 11:00am On Jun 29, 2018
The 23-year-old feels the abuse he and his team-mates have suffered has affected his mother, resulting in him ending his international career
Iran striker Sardar Azmoun has quit the national team at the age of 23 following their elimination from the World Cup.
Iran were knocked out of the tournament after finishing third in Group B, just one point behind Spain and Portugal.
Carlos Queiroz's team earned the respect and admiration of football fans across the world as they impressed in a narrow defeat to Spain and then came close to getting the better of Euro 2016 winners Portugal, only to see a late effort hit the side-netting with the game tied at 1-1.
"My mother had overcome a serious illness and I was happy. Unfortunately because of the unkindness of some people, and the insults that me and my team-mates in no way deserved, her illness has become severe.
"This has put me in a difficult position where I must pick one or the other - and as a result I pick my mother."
Azmoun, known as the 'Iranian Messi', made his debut for the national team in 2014 and went on to score 23 goals in 36 games.
He is the latest Iran player to call time on his international career, having seen striker Reza Ghoochannejhad announce his retirement upon their return from Russia

www.goal.com/en/news/i-pick-my-mother-azmoun-quits-iran-amid-insults-after-world/1spwn5efaa73x10fcmt9uwgxhl

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by CoolFreeday(m): 11:05am On Jun 29, 2018
The once insulting can not even kick ball

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by dominique(f): 11:11am On Jun 29, 2018
People need to take it easy on these players, insulting their families is a big no no. Iran didn't do so bad at the mundial, sadly not every team can qualify for the next round. Fans to take chill pills biko

118 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by maxiuc(m): 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2018
cheesy
Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by nairavsdollars(f): 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2018
God bless him. The best decision any worthy son can make.

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by footballflaver: 12:09pm On Jun 30, 2018
He is a lethal striker

what an amazing goal rate

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by Kelamma(m): 12:09pm On Jun 30, 2018
Mama's boy like me. Anything concerning mumsy, we die there . No even try.

102 Likes

Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by inoki247: 12:10pm On Jun 30, 2018
bullying is everywhere i don't know why people don't wanna mind dere business.

1 Like

Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by peacengine(m): 12:10pm On Jun 30, 2018
This is nairaland
Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by tunjijones(m): 12:10pm On Jun 30, 2018
Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by MrGist: 12:10pm On Jun 30, 2018
shocked
Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by mctfopt: 12:10pm On Jun 30, 2018
I like his guts smiley
Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by Zonacom(m): 12:11pm On Jun 30, 2018
Some fans can be stupidly emotional

3 Likes

Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by mummyson26(m): 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2018
So dey want dem to qualify ahead of Spain and Portugal?

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by AdemolaA2: 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2018
Best decision taken by a true son of his mother.

14 Likes

Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by johnwizey: 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2018
This guy better pass Igala abi na ighalo 1000 times and he no dey even think of retiring after all the swear we swear for am. All Naija players should follow this guy step

13 Likes

Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by kingthreat(m): 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2018
As for me, I will keep insulting Ighalo untill he drops the Number 9 shirt. He doesn't deserve it

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by KingTom(m): 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2018
Kelamma:
I swear we die there!!!

13 Likes

Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by RexTramadol1: 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2018
Nonsense national supporters.
Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by Ochiboy11: 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2018
Ha
Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by Pavore9: 12:15pm On Jun 30, 2018
Kelamma:

That is the spirit! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by dangotesmummy: 12:15pm On Jun 30, 2018
nairavsdollars:
God bless him. The best decision any worthy son can make.
a relationship with any member of your family should not in anyway affect your career. What a spineless man. Smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by dkronicle(m): 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2018
Love of mother is something you cant understand. She is ready to die for me and i am also ready to die for her. Its something we cant understand.

3 Likes

Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by aspirebig: 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2018
Germany football power house and current world champion was sent packing so why insulting the Iran team that really fought till their last seconds of their stay in the competition.

If our SE players were as half committed as the Iranian team, Nigeria would have gotten to quarter final.

Remember that this is a country not known in football history as a threat.

1 Like

Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by Jimmy231: 12:17pm On Jun 30, 2018
kingthreat:
As for me, I will keep insulting Ighalo untill he drops the Number 9 shirt. He doesn't deserve it
you know no him family house?

2 Likes

Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by EkeneElectrons(m): 12:17pm On Jun 30, 2018
This one is not fit to be a star jawe. The reason why you are paid to play is to chop insults and come back again.

5 Likes

Re: Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit by Kamelot77(m): 12:17pm On Jun 30, 2018
Iran deserve to be in the next round, Spain robbed them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tyson Fury Describes How An Amateur Anthony Joshua Gave Him A Beating In A Gym / Nigerian Players Who Have Never Played For The National Team / Manchester United Sympathize With The Family Of Calabar Electrocution Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.