Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive (30534 Views)

Update On The New 18,000 All Seater, All Covered Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom / Roofing Begins At The 17000-Seater Eket Stadium In Akwa Ibom(Photos) / 17000 Seater Eket Stadium Construction Reaches Roofing & Cladding Level (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:26am On Jun 29, 2018
Edidiong STEPHEN
Uyo. June 28, 2018.

Akwa Ibom State Government has taken delivery of new sets of equipment-carrying containers for the on-going reconstruction of Eket Township Stadium, Eket, and the remodeling of Uyo Township Stadium, Uyo.

Receiving the equipment, Tuesday, at Godswill Akpabio Stadium, Uyo, the State Commissioner for Youth and Sports, Sir Monday Uko, said more containers were expected from abroad.

He said the reconstruction process was in its final phase and expressed optimism at getting the project ready for commissioning this September.

He listed the items received to include multiple unites of 55mm-thick Synthetic Grass Layers, Tartan Track Granules, Astro Turf Underlays and Non-Galvanized nails. Others are multiple deniers of Fibre Tufts, Envirofill, Fibre Nylons and Silica Sands.

He expressed gratitude to Akwa Ibom State’s multiple sports award-winning Governor, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, who approved the twin-project last year, for his enduring proclivity toward sports development in the State and pledged his commitment to deliver a world-class facility upon completion.

It would be recalled that Governor Udom Emmanuel had, last year, approved the reconstruction of Eket Stadium and remodeling of Uyo Township Stadium, with both projects intended to provide alternatives to the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium.

The new Eket Stadium is expected to be a 21st-Century compliant, 17000-seating capacity edifice complete with flood lights, indoor sports hall and artificial playing turf.

Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:29am On Jun 29, 2018
Governor Udom Emmanuel is working the talk and keeping to the terms of his social contract with Akwa Ibom people beyond 2019...

Eket Stadium Reconstruction Project (Phases 1 & 2)

News from AkwaIbom State by Meflyn Anwana, Special Assistant (New Media) To Governor Udom Emmanuel

Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by Karlovich: 11:29am On Jun 29, 2018
what will the masses do with a stadium, will they eat it?

28 Likes

Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by egbemaoguta(m): 11:29am On Jun 29, 2018
Good move
Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:31am On Jun 29, 2018
Once this project is completed Akwa Ibom will be the only state with 3 stadiums of international standard.

Lalasticlala and Mynd44

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:32am On Jun 29, 2018
Karlovich:
The stadium will attract sporting activities and competitions, which in turn will cause upsurge in economic activities. It will also help boost sporting advancements and empowering of teeming youths.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by Anigreat: 11:42am On Jun 29, 2018
shocked

Tell udom to go and develop his L. G. A first

I was in ONNA L. G. A few days ago, and nothing to show that a governor is from that local government. I was so disappointed.

I now move to his home town Awa Iman, no doubt, he has done so much in that village.

Onna people didn't vote udom to develop only his village, he should do what he has done in his village to other villages in onna.

17 Likes

Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by HappyNigerian: 11:47am On Jun 29, 2018
good one udom. aks is working
Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by HappyNigerian: 12:02pm On Jun 29, 2018
Karlovich:
ignorance no go kiii you

18 Likes

Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by speedyGonzales: 12:20pm On Jun 29, 2018
UDOM SMH, SHA NA YOUR HOME TOWN AND NA UNA TURN DO AM AS YOU LIKE.

3 Likes

Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by debaj10: 12:22pm On Jun 29, 2018
speedyGonzales:
UDOM SMH, SHA NA YOUR HOME TOWN AND NA UNA TURN DO AM AS YOU LIKE.
corrupt govs evriwia.

isok.

bubu and efcc dey wait am
Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by Tarzan360(m): 12:23pm On Jun 29, 2018
Akwa ibom ayaya the leading state in sports and football development in the country!! Dakka:

6 Likes

Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2018
grin
Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by nairavsdollars(f): 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2018
Its almost two years and Akeredolu has not commissioned a single project in Ondo

1 Like

Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2018
What do they need all these stadia for ?

2 Likes

grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by maryjan8(f): 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2018
Ok
Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by Nackzy: 1:15pm On Jun 29, 2018
Who e epp
Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by Folashade2016(f): 1:15pm On Jun 29, 2018
This ones are working and those ones are counting who's administration has the highest human death.
This country don tire me joor.

check my SIGNATURE

1 Like

Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by Gggg102(m): 1:26pm On Jun 29, 2018
Karlovich:

only on nairaland people try too hard to be dumb.

4 Likes

Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by sunnyside16(m): 1:27pm On Jun 29, 2018
That is my LGA, i am happy Akwa Ibom is getting better and better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by anibestlala(m): 1:28pm On Jun 29, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

I was in ONNA L. G. A few days ago, and nothing to show that a governor is from that local government. I was so disappointed.

I now move to his home town Awa Iman, no doubt, he has done so much in that village.

Onna people didn't vote udom to develop only his village, he should do what he has done in his village to other villages in onna.
Has he not finished the highway he is constructing into Onna to his village?

1 Like

Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by oglalasioux(m): 1:29pm On Jun 29, 2018
Karlovich:

Let's stop to think like this. If we convert everything to food what will our descendants survive with in another 100 years?

4 Likes

Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by ikorodureporta: 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2018
Wey d stadium pishure.....yet we dnt hear abt their sportsmen

Why not set up a standard tech-hub for the masses
Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by Anigreat: 1:36pm On Jun 29, 2018
anibestlala:
Has he not finished the highway he is constructing into Onna to his village?

Work still on progress
Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 29, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

Channel your problem to the L. G. A chairman.

3 Likes

Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by menwongo(m): 1:38pm On Jun 29, 2018
Karlovich:
Just wondering if Uyo stadium is not big enough

2 Likes

Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by ContentedK: 1:40pm On Jun 29, 2018
Karlovich:
some nigerians and their myopic thinking shaa... must you eat everything?

3 Likes

Re: Reconstruction Of Eket Stadium Enters Final Phase As More Containers Arrive by zeeno4ya: 1:41pm On Jun 29, 2018
Karlovich:
What a waste of money #Smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atlético Madrid, Diego Costa Agree To Terminate Contract / Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) / Please Am I The Only Guy Who Doesn't Have Much Interest In Watching Football ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.