Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,483 members, 7,808,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out (80979 Views)

World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out / (photo) Zambia Fans Wants FIFA To Order Match Against Nigeria Replayed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by mubby4real(m): 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2018
Justiceleague1:

SAKE kwa!

But grammar,why evils nah?
grin
No mind the person na "SACK" the person won talk, you too sef, you for correct am na
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by goodvision12(m): 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2018
FIFA MEANS FOOTBALL ISN'T FOR AFRICA
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by valnosky(m): 5:38pm On Jun 29, 2018
Sijo01:
Is the money for the players or their country
funny gal
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by Bensmart04(m): 5:39pm On Jun 29, 2018
Where is the FIFA getting the money from? grin
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by ibori1(m): 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2018
chiboy1116:
so u no Sabi crop screenshot ? angry
k
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by Iseoluwani: 5:50pm On Jun 29, 2018
Yomisky:
You neva still see who to buy the rabbit?

I have enough to sell sir

comma buy too na
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by FX(m): 5:52pm On Jun 29, 2018
There is so much money for everyone who is in football business.
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by stevesharon: 5:53pm On Jun 29, 2018
Pls can someone help me covert this figures to naira...cos I can't find my calculator..
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by Hhenryy: 6:04pm On Jun 29, 2018
9japarrot:
So the number one football fiesta (World Cup),is not worth the prize Money compared to UEFA champions League winner?

The price attached to winning the world cup is much more than that of Champions League. According to the op, WC = £28 million, while that of UEFA = €19 million.

And I hope you can note the difference in the currencies?.. 1£ = €1.13 meaning £28m = approximately €32m
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by 9japarrot: 6:11pm On Jun 29, 2018
Hhenryy:

The price attached to winning the world cup is much more than that of Champions League. According to the op, WC = £28 million, while that of UEFA = £19 million.

Sorry but the op was wrong, Real madrid won the UEFA CL worth of €70+M which is around £60M ..
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by melodyogonna(m): 6:14pm On Jun 29, 2018
9japarrot:
So the number one football fiesta (World Cup),is not worth the prize Money compared to UEFA champions League winner?
funny, after researching about this, I mentioned it on some viewing center like that and my head was nearly chopped off.

How people shout down people telling them what they don't know still baffles me.

that was how about three guys were arguing with me about Facebook and Google having a share in the megabytes you use on the platforms, Nawa oo
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by Sijo01(f): 6:23pm On Jun 29, 2018
valnosky:
funny gal

Funny?
No wonder I got no answer. I sincerely wanted to know sad
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by valnosky(m): 6:30pm On Jun 29, 2018
Sijo01:

Funny?
No wonder I got no answer. I sincerely wanted to know sad
na waa.......do u go to training with them?
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by Hhenryy: 6:35pm On Jun 29, 2018
9japarrot:

Sorry but the op was wrong, Real madrid won the UEFA CL worth of €70+M which is around £60M ..

€70M is the accumulated amount won by Real madrid throughout the competition, from group stage to knock-out, to the final.

So you can use the same method to calculate that of the WC. and like i said earlier, WC final = £28M, (€32M) while UEFA CL final = €19M.

Now you can calculate the total amount accumulated from the group stage to knock-out and final. the difference is quite much... WC is much more higher.
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by charlsecy(m): 7:02pm On Jun 29, 2018
9japarrot:
World cup is about prestige and fame, not necessarily money. No player is completely fulfilled until his team has lifted the Cup.
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:02pm On Jun 29, 2018
wonuks:
Buh how do Fifa get these money?

there are many ways:

A) all the entrance tickets from the matches.... of course!
although Fifa gives each football association some free tickets, more than 90% of the tickets are sold by FIFA... and as we all know that most stadiums have 20000 seats minimum, and that the cheapest tickets are about 30usd and the most expensive ones at 150USD, you have an idea how they make money. i wont even dwell on the "corporate" tickets they sell to big companies that cost NO LESS than 500USD per person for big groups(includes food and drinks).. then B), think about all the sponsors that want their names associated with the WC (beer company, sportwear etc) who supposedly paid USD750M combined to have their names associated with the 2018 WC... and when you think it is over, think of C) the TV RIGHTS to broadcast the 2018 WC, which was sold for USD1.85Billion.

so, as much as it cost a lot of money to organize a WC, there will be plenty of extra money for the mafia called FIFA to laugh all the way to the bank

2 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by 9japarrot: 7:25pm On Jun 29, 2018
Hhenryy:

€70M is the accumulated amount won by Real madrid throughout the competition, from group stage to knock-out, to the final.

So you can use the same method to calculate that of the WC. and like i said earlier, WC final = £28M, (€32M) while UEFA CL final = €19M.

Now you can calculate the total amount accumulated from the group stage to knock-out and final. the difference is quite much... WC is much more higher.

Dont argue what you dont know,

World cup winner - $38m (prize money alone)
UEFA Cl winner - $72m (prize money alone)
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by 9japarrot: 7:28pm On Jun 29, 2018
TourismMan:

How much does champions of uefa receive as prize?

Real madrid received $72m (prize money alone)
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by Blessinq1(f): 7:43pm On Jun 29, 2018
There is money in football oh. One of my children must be a footballer. So help me God
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by kunkelhanspeter(m): 8:04pm On Jun 29, 2018
PRESENTATION:
[b][/b]

Coach, technical staff , health staff and all nor go chop money Their governing body nor go collect money join Blogger nor Dey lie make we nor flog you

Very big lie
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by namio10: 8:08pm On Jun 29, 2018
Lordlestat:
NFF right now

And NFF big wigs may share the £6.1 million without giving a little to the players.

Any govt investigation, the big wigs pay off the investigators. Story ends.
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 29, 2018
namio10:

And NFF big wigs may share the £6.1 million without giving a little to the players.

Any govt investigation, the big wigs pay off the investigators. Story ends.

Very likely
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by Hhenryy: 8:23pm On Jun 29, 2018
9japarrot:

Dont argue what you dont know,

World cup winner - $38m (prize money alone)
UEFA Cl winner - $72m (prize money alone)

You are not serious, check Quora, Wikipedia or just make a quick search online and educate yourself.
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by 9japarrot: 8:39pm On Jun 29, 2018
Hhenryy:

You are not serious, check Quora, Wikipedia or just make a quick search online and educate yourself.

Guy try and learn when you don't know about something..
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by dakoru84: 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2018
Runaway:
I hope they don't sake the coach oooo
.everything is possible bro
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by FromZeroToHero(m): 9:17pm On Jun 29, 2018
Runaway:
No. rather they will soak him
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by 9japarrot: 9:22pm On Jun 29, 2018
Hhenryy:

World cup is only more about prestige and the fame, UEFA CL prize Money is bigger sir.
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by Sammy555(m): 9:38pm On Jun 29, 2018
Yomisky:
just 35 bro
lol u gats be 40 to qualify for Naija U17 grin
Yomisky:
just 35 bro
lol u gats be 40 to qualify for Naija U17
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by Mpamaegbu: 1:18am On Jun 30, 2018
Runaway:

"Sack"
Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:48am On Jun 30, 2018
9japarrot:
World cup is only more about prestige and the fame, UEFA CL prize Money is bigger sir.

yes you are absolutely right... as much as the CL has a bigger prize money than the WC for the finalist, runner up, semi/quarter finalist and even the round of 16 teams got more money than the winner of the WC (Liverppol reportedly got a total of €83M while Madrid €90M), but the WC is by far the biggest football tournament in the world.

also First: it only happens every 4yrs so a player only has a chance or two to participate in one, Second: there is something "magical/prestigious" about the WC, and Third, as much as winning the champions league is the highest trophy for any European league teams, it can never be compared to winning the world cup for your nation.

as we all could see, the whole country/continent was rooting for Nigeria (and/or any of the other African teams) to win their matches, whether these same Nigerians are Man Utd, Real Madrid or Arsenal fans... thats how big the WC is. even here on NL where most football fans argue all year long about their favourite league team being the best bla bla bla, the minute the WC started, all became ONE.

and lets not forget, a CL trophy will turn a player into a superstar, while winning the WC would make any star player of a winning team a possible LEGEND.... ask Pele, Maradona, Zidane etc

2 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: FIFA To Pay Super Eagles £6.1 Million After Crashing Out by 9japarrot: 7:13am On Jun 30, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

yes you are absolutely right... as much as the CL has a bigger prize money than the WC for the finalist, runner up, semi/quarter finalist and even the round of 16 teams got more money than the winner of the WC (Liverppol reportedly got a total of €83M while Madrid €90M), but the WC is by far the biggest football tournament in the world.

also First: it only happens every 4yrs so a player only has a chance or two to participate in one, Second: there is something "magical/prestigious" about the WC, and Third, as much as winning the champions league is the highest trophy for any European league teams, it can never be compared to winning the world cup for your nation.

as we all could see, the whole country/continent was rooting for Nigeria (and/or any of the other African teams) to win their matches, whether these same Nigerians are Man Utd, Real Madrid or Arsenal fans... thats how big the WC is. even here on NL where most football fans argue all year long about their favourite league team being the best bla bla bla, the minute the WC started, all became ONE.

and lets not forget, a CL trophy will turn a player into a superstar, while winning the WC would make any star player of a winning team a possible LEGEND.... ask Pele, Maradona, Zidane etc

Gbam!!.... Just that most people argue what they dont know, and wont like to learn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NBA Season 2010/11 / 947 Stadium In Qatar Dismantled. Check Before And After photo. / See How Ladies Welcomed Atletico Madrid Players After Landing In Uyo. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.