Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,751 members, 7,802,301 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties (34622 Views)

Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties / Break Any Of These Traffic Laws In Nigeria, See The Fines You Will Pay – FRSC / List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 30, 2018
lanrexdo:
Yes na.. this is how it works.. There is police inside the bus and there is also another person that will be writing the number and location that the bus was caught. immidetaly they will tell you ticket price and tell you to see the inspector for negotiation.. lol... they are touts and thievies. They will be ordering buses to park like say na them own the bus and if he no comply. The will caught him for offence, get into the bus and start to drag

You don see them finish, pack of bullies..
Another set of miscreants na those towing vehicles around airport, they no get shishi pity.
Re: The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by alfchye(m): 7:20pm On Jun 30, 2018
This is not new. I have been given before in 2015.
Re: The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 30, 2018
undecided
Re: The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by lanrexdo(m): 8:59pm On Jun 30, 2018
Them don caught me like 2 times for that place.. no be small somthings.. ended up paying 5k ish ooo.. Those ones.. i don they mark their face small small..
fuckerstard:

You don see them finish, pack of bullies..
Another set of miscreants na those towing vehicles around airport, they no get shishi pity.
Re: The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2018
lanrexdo:
Them don caught me like 2 times for that place.. no be small somthings.. ended up paying 5k ish ooo.. Those ones.. i don they mark their face small small..

Lol sorry, that place dem dey chop money, unfortunately the government no dey receive ogun
Re: The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by tete7000(m): 9:26pm On Jun 30, 2018
Since the days of Fasola, Lagos has become extortion ground with outrageous fines. They don provide avenue for lastma boys to make outrageous money sha. Instead of arresting and making you pay N30,000, they will demand for N10,000 bribe.
Re: The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by 4X4: 9:44pm On Jun 30, 2018
THESE LAWS ARE JUST RIDICULOUS. PRISON FOR TRAFFIC OFFENCES? ?? WHY NOT JUST IMPOUNDED THE VEHICLES FOR A YEAR AND SEIZE THEIR DRIVERS LICENSE FOR A YEAR? ??

1 Like

Re: The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by Jamean(f): 10:32pm On Jun 30, 2018
What about driving with over loaded vehicles, trucks ?

What about the fact that most of the commercial buses are not road worthy yet the LG issues them road worthiness permit?

What about the roads that are not even worthy of most private vehicles?

1 Like

Re: The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by connkg(m): 10:52pm On Jun 30, 2018
My own fines against Lagos State:

Any theft while in my vehicle - N300,000 + prison sentence for nearest DPO
Being stuck in traffic for over 1hr when there is LASTMA controlling traffic - N150,000 + hard labour
False accusation by any official - N1,000,000 + 2yrs imprisonment
Claim that their vehicle is "operational" and should be less roadworthy than mine - Purchase of a brand new car for victim
Official vehicles going against traffic or forcing a new lane in traffic - 50yrs imprisonment
Use of sirens by House of Assembly/LG + unauthorised vehicles - impound and auction
Non-display of license plate number - N300,000 + 6months imprisonment
Tint by government vehicles - N150,000
Driving in a threatening manner, using bull whips and service belts - Court martial, Firing squad
Disobedience of traffic lights and rules - impound and auction
Potholes on road - Deduction and payback of taxes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by fghanni(m): 11:27pm On Jun 30, 2018
This is pure extortion and wickedness! Seriously..sad
Re: The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by amanikondo: 12:15am On Jul 01, 2018
Rule 17. My BMW does not have extra tire. It has Run Flat Tire and No space for Extra tire even if you want to buy.

This is an analog penalties not for digital age.

You mean a crack window will earn 30K fine. What if the window just cracked and there is no quick replacement? Rules for a 3rd world country.

This is too punitive and nothing like warning like the developed country they are copying and where the rules are lenient.

They can make the rules (Like developed country) but not provide the same amenities like developed country.
Re: The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by calcal: 3:08am On Jul 01, 2018
The state has no prison anyway which means all is just talk
Re: The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by Gamesmart: 7:32am On Jul 01, 2018
Looking at everything, it appears it is legal to drive while drunk/intoxicated as I can't see that on the list.
Re: The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by Cyriloha(m): 9:56am On Jul 01, 2018
I swear nigeria stupid die
Law in nigeria is only for the poor ones
I expect our government to take action against trailers and tankers driving in the day light !!

Oh what a wasted country
Re: The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by satos123(m): 10:46am On Jul 02, 2018
Too harsh
Lagosian go hear

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FRSC Official, Traffic Offender Crushed To Death In Ondo (Photos) / These Are The 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Abuja / Passengers Remove Their Clothes At Unbearably Hot Murtala Muhammad Airport Hall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.