Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,286 members, 7,780,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:39 PM

Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult (5845 Views)

Truth You Learnt As An Adult / How And When Did You Realize That Your Girlfriend Loved You For Real? / Hard Facts Of Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by HardMirror(m): 8:51pm On Jun 29, 2018
1. Nobody owns you anything this is perhaps the most important thing a true adult has come to terms with. Forget mummy, daddy, uncles and aunties. If you are waiting for them to set you up in life you may end up amounting to nothing. You are responsible for your success or failure in life. Those who quickly come to terms with this are usually the success stories in our society not those who keep crying and fighting all their well to do relatives that have refused to help them.

2. School and degree are OVER rated my younge?r brother is a drop-out but today he works with a media company and guess what? He is one of the lead designers of the budweiser Advertisements being rolled out this 2018 Fifa world cup. I have a friend holding a top possition in microsoft west africa that graduated with a 3rd class from Futa. The examples goes on and on. What really matters is what you can actually do not your certificate. Be good at one thing and be really really good at it. That is what matters not your useless best graduating student bragging rights that does not help anybody. If you have a first class good, but make sure you are also a first class when it comes to practical not just theoretical la cram la pour first class

3[b] Sex is over rated [/b] i broke up with a very pretty lady, spotless, fair and elegant lady, one of my boys went crazy wondering why i shld break up with such a lady. He claims he would forgive such a lady no matter what she does to him. Lol. You get to an age when pretty ladies means nothing to you anymore. I am still young but trust me

4 Loyalty is everything all you want in a friend and from family is absolute loyalty. You begin to realize that many you think are friends and family are your enemies who dont have your interest who would bad mouth you when you are absent. You need loyal friends as an adult not a crowd.

5 most things are packaging and lies from church to your colleagues at work to the news to government to relationships. We live in a fake world filled with fake people. Dont get carried away and dont try to be like other people.

6 Common sense is not common this is pretty self explanatory. dont expect too much from people so you wont be disappointed. Many times you expect people to behave matured and responsibly, they fail.

What unfortunate fact of life have you come to realise? Add yours in the comments

47 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by SenorFax(m): 9:02pm On Jun 29, 2018
6) You don't need to impress anyone for any reason.

7) Your happiness matters most

9 Likes

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by HardMirror(m): 9:05pm On Jun 29, 2018
SenorFax:
6) You don't need to impress anyone for any reason.

7) Your happiness matters most
absolutely. Thanks for adding these very important facts of life

3 Likes

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by skywalker240(m): 9:12pm On Jun 29, 2018
Lalasticlala,

lets go there. cheesy
Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by FreshBoss007: 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2018
cool shit happens

2 Likes

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by oshe11: 9:17pm On Jun 29, 2018
Number 3 n 4 is Cool......
Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by thesicilian: 9:23pm On Jun 29, 2018
All true.
Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by theunnamed: 9:27pm On Jun 29, 2018
None of what you've mentioned is unfortunate, which is unfortunate because you don't know the meaning of the word!

2 Likes

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 29, 2018
Five solid points plus the last two someone added. No dispute at all.
Number three is very recommended for all young men.

1 Like

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by HardMirror(m): 9:34pm On Jun 29, 2018
theunnamed:
None of what you've mentioned is unfortunate, which is unfortunate because you don't know the meaning of the word!
it is unfortunate because we wish they are not true. Would it not be nice if people actually cared to ensure you are successful? Wont it actually be nice if degrees and certificates actually equals to success? Wont it be nice that sex we crave as teenagers were not so over rated by young ladies and men? Wont it be nice if the news, politics etc all around us are not so full of lies? It is actually unfortunate you dont know what you are talking about while trying to sound smart.

14 Likes

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 29, 2018
More

* Getting angry is a waste of time.

* Silence is the mother which breeds intelligence.

* Never trust nobody not even a God, Don't even trust your first perception, it's always a prejudice of the brain.

* No such thing as friends, it's a leeching scheme wearing a mask of acquaintance.

* Self preservation is the only motivation.

*Marriage is only sacred only to those who has never been married.

*Love relationship without money is a betrayal waiting to happen.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by theunnamed: 9:40pm On Jun 29, 2018
HardMirror:
it is unfortunate because we wish they are not true. Would it not be nice if people actually cared to ensure you are successful? Wont it actually be nice if degrees and certificates actually equals to success? Wont it be nice that sex we crave as teenagers were not so over rated by young ladies and men? Wont it be nice if the news, politics etc all around us are not so full of lies? It is actually unfortunate you dont know what you are talking about while trying to sound smart.

Well, I was wrong to think that "adults" have come to terms with these things and that for the most part we at the very least appreciate the irony in them, but hey, fingers and equality right?

So unfortunate undecided
Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by theunnamed: 9:41pm On Jun 29, 2018
aaronson:
More

* Getting angry is a waste of time.

* Silence is the mother which breeds intelligence.

* Never trust nobody not even a God, Don't even trust your first perception, it's always a prejudice of the brain.

* No such thing as friends, it's a leeching scheme wearing a mask of acquaintance.

* Self preservation is the only motivation.

*Marriage is only sacred only to those who has never been married.

*Love relationship without money is a betrayal waiting to happen.

Who hurt you man?? embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by HardMirror(m): 9:42pm On Jun 29, 2018
theunnamed:

Well, I was wrong to think that "adults" have come to terms with these things and that for the most part we at the very least appreciate the irony in them, but hey, fingers and equality right?

So unfortunate undecided
yh. I understand you

1 Like

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by Damilare65(m): 9:44pm On Jun 29, 2018
Don't live to impress others. be yourself, it pays
Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 29, 2018
theunnamed:

Who hurt you man?? embarassed
Nobody did bro....I only grew up to realize reality is savage. You wouldn't know this if you so privileged which I assume you are.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by 9japarrot: 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2018
Help yourself, stand well.. before trying to help/carry others along...

3 Likes

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by Auladimeji2: 1:08am On Jun 30, 2018
lipsrsealed embarassed And you can die anytime soon

10 Likes

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by Dondave11: 1:24am On Jun 30, 2018
Las las, Que sera sera.. What will be will be.

1 Like

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by Dondave11: 1:27am On Jun 30, 2018
Wealth and success has many friends.. If you aint successful, even friends will run away from you.

1 Like

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by Nobody: 2:29am On Jun 30, 2018
The only lesson I need wink

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by OShepherd: 2:42am On Jun 30, 2018
Standing alone is far better than being in a wrong company!

3 Likes

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by hakeem4(m): 5:54am On Jun 30, 2018
Every person you meet in your life is temporary.

Your friends are with you for a reason

There’s always someone better than you and someone worse than you

Life is not always fair

What other people think of you is none of your business.

And finally

Praying is a waste of time

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by MissJoy29(f): 6:24am On Jun 30, 2018
*Time wasted, cannot be regained for it is precious.

*Always trust your gut feeling. It's like a sixth sense that's never recognised.

*The word "friendship" is overrated cos everyone has some degree of SELFishness in them. Be wise.

*Constant disappointments and heartbreaks could be avoided if you learn not to expect anything from anyone.

*Expecting everyone to like you is like attempting to climb Mount Everest without climbing gears & expecting to make it to the summit. It's never possible.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by theunnamed: 8:30am On Jun 30, 2018
aaronson:
Nobody did bro....I only grew up to realize reality is savage. You wouldn't know this if you so privileged which I assume you are.

Hehehehehe,
If you call growing up in a two room apartment with 5 other siblings and an uncle with a mom and dad that quarreled every other day a privilege, then yes...

2 Likes

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by Dondave11: 8:39am On Jun 30, 2018
theunnamed:

Hehehehehe,
If you call growing up in a two room apartment with 5 other siblings and an uncle with a mom and dad that quarreled every other day a privilege, then yes...
grin grin

It's well jare

1 Like

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by theunnamed: 8:46am On Jun 30, 2018
Dondave11:
grin grin

It's well jare

It is bro

It might be hard, but we can't let our past affect us so gravely.

Being truly free is living in the moment, conscious of yesterday and aware that there is a tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by HardMirror(m): 4:17pm On Jun 30, 2018
dont lend anyone money you are not ready to forgo. most people who borrow money from you would never pay back

3 Likes

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by HardMirror(m): 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2018
theunnamed:

Hehehehehe,
with this, you wld have experienced all that there is to experience about human interaction
Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by IamPlato(m): 5:39pm On Jun 30, 2018

Never You Give Complete Trust To Anyone because You Can betray Yourself
Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by Eagba(m): 5:56pm On Jun 30, 2018
I learnt that human are highly deceitful. I miss my childhood

1 Like

Re: Unfortunate Facts Of Life You Only Realize As An Adult by arinze3131(m): 6:04pm On Jun 30, 2018
all true, life itself z not always fair.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Seduce A Woman With Words / I'm Taken! I'm Just Too Cute For Nairaland Girls / Lover Guys, Time To Choose (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.