Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,215 members, 7,780,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:39 PM

Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME (35741 Views)

Meet Alimi Ibrahim Adedeji, UNILAG Overall Best Graduating Student For 2018/2019 / JAMB 2018: Top 10 States With Highest Number Of Registered UTME Candidates / JAMB Releases Dates For 2018 UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by spyjulius(m): 3:07am On Jun 30, 2018
What is it like to be a Millionare? read stories at
http://www.teclius.com.ng/2018/06/what-is-it-like-to-be-millionare.html
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Postanalyser: 3:38am On Jun 30, 2018
XVIER:
Biafra!!! where is Kanu?
Have you gotten your oduduwa republic id card? Sophisticated mor.on
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Postanalyser: 3:43am On Jun 30, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Flat-head, calculate the figures and stop behaving like someone without a brain
Add all the figures from northern states and you will be ashamed of yourself. As overpopulated as the west and north is(as a result of child birth without control, which is a characteristic of illiteracy) ,an Eastern state still top them in any academics related issues, that should be enough reason for you to accept the fact that you're all sophisticated mor.ons indeed.
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Postanalyser: 3:51am On Jun 30, 2018
ozoebuka1:
oga, you would've known you are dumb with this your add up crap and it's quite pathetic you don't have anyone to tell you that as well. undecided
Don't mind the ignoramus. Ekiti is far below imo in the number of professors it produces.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Postanalyser: 3:57am On Jun 30, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

The guy sounds iboe. Only iboes want government to remove state of origin.
Pathetic people
You want to commit suicide now because ibo once again has topped in academics in addition to other things they top in this country? You are free to kill your worthless self. Less i forget, Google 2017/2018 state with the highest number of billionaires, and you will have a very tangible reason to die. Sophisticated mor.on
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Postanalyser: 4:01am On Jun 30, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
before you spin and twist as usual here is the figures per region
South west region =3,918, 66
South east region= 3 ,062,48.
Wait a minute,you expect East with just 5 states to top west with six states in cummulative computation right? You must be highly deluded. Check the percentage of candidates from Delta and Rivers that are igbos and you will hide your shameless face in shame after all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Billygee2u: 4:45am On Jun 30, 2018
iaamxavier:
IGBOS be making us proud

Even dating back to the war
We still gain our Ground
Where are the sophisticated ones? grin grin
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Billygee2u: 4:47am On Jun 30, 2018
somto10:
South always come top in academics in Nigeria...bt it still baffles me how d core north rules in politics...
jus like a blind leading someone with clear sight...
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by MikeBetty(m): 4:48am On Jun 30, 2018
XVIER:
before you toot your horn hope you know Imo state has the highest candidate cos most of them are brain dead so gaining admissions is very difficult for them so they keep rewriting and the numbers keep adding on. Don't ask me how I know, I've been to Imo state on several occasions and I've studied them. Peace
See Person Whey Dey Study Imolites!!! Pure Case Of Envy And Inferiority Complex. The Trend Of Sending Children To Learn Trade Has Since Changed. Imo Has Been Making It Back 2 Back.
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by MrBigiman: 5:57am On Jun 30, 2018
dhabrite:
The lowest entries are from the backward northernera, yet they will love to clinge to power like its their birthright.

They should all go to hell!!

Southerners are Educated, but use that Education to outsmart each other. Imagine 5 Igbo presidential aspirants already.

The North hold no hope for true leadership. Ineffective education breeds ineffective policies.
It's time to take it back from the northern cabals. Fear yorubas too though, they have always colluded with northerner to rip this country. I wonder what their gain is?
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:05am On Jun 30, 2018
dhabrite:
The lowest entries are from the backward northernera, yet they will love to clinge to power like its their birthright.

They should all go to hell!!

Just watch for the next list that will come out, they will so manipulate it that you will think that it is only the northerners that took the exam undecided

1 Like

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Ugo4hotish(m): 6:13am On Jun 30, 2018
Imo Imo Imo!
Heartland of Southern Nigeria! All hail Imo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by tollyboy5(m): 6:20am On Jun 30, 2018
ayourbamie:
Lagos no dey write jamb? Despite the high population! Abi all of us in Lagos are working class?

Someone educate me on this stat!

We need to get rid of this state of origin shiii, they should introduce state of residence.
Bros it can't happen like that its only when people want to get benefit from Lagos they'll start preaching about scrapping state of indigene. we've tried that shouldn't start with us I go to others states in Nigeria and I'm been cleared that I'm not an indigene but when it comes to my state we are now all indigenes abi? undecided
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by perdollar(m): 6:22am On Jun 30, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
olodo the statistics is about state of origin thats why lagos has the lowest in southwest .
u see ur life! I said 'go n dig dia history' u WL find out dt a 3rd of dem have Igbo background. I am Igbo but from Niger state. olodo, I know u WL stl not understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by tollyboy5(m): 6:35am On Jun 30, 2018
perdollar:
u see ur life! I said 'go n dig dia history' u WL find out dt a 3rd of dem have Igbo background. I am Igbo but from Niger state. olodo, I know u WL stl not understand.
so when filling jamb form you type state of origin Niger state abi? undecided weldone sir! but that's not how its been done Lagos indigenes are least in south west no matter where they reside but well educated
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by salt1: 6:35am On Jun 30, 2018
Philistine:

Add up all the applicants from South west together, u will get a total of almost 400,000, which is far more than all the applicants from South East region by over a 100,000. Next time u think before u talk!

Great analysis!

Yoruba population is about 42m courtesy of the polygamy being practised among Yoruba Muslims . Igbos number 30m. I think relative to each tribe's composition, the records are encouraging.

The group I feel proudest of is Bayelsa. With less than 500,000 registered voters, they presented nearly 20,000 candidates for JAMB. The literacy level in that tiny state with very low population is out of this world
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by rickyrex(m): 6:37am On Jun 30, 2018
XVIER:
before you toot your horn hope you know Imo state has the highest candidate cos most of them are brain dead so gaining admissions is very difficult for them so they keep rewriting and the numbers keep adding on. Don't ask me how I know, I've been to Imo state on several occasions and I've studied them. Peace
blanted liar. IMO state has the most hiegest number of graduates and under graduates. Even with imoply, Alvan, imsu, nekede, futo and the rest, imolites still fly top in other schools as foreign body. I remember when I applied for unizik 2008 the hod of the dpt then told me why IMO state cut of mark was placed high. So brother. You are a visitor who come to buy and go. You know nothing about IMO state. I based here in Lagos I schooled in the east so I will tell u better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by BreakupNigeria: 6:38am On Jun 30, 2018
Philistine:
Most Imo Applicants do fail Jamb every year, so they have to re-write the exam again the following year, that accounts to the large number of applicants from that state.
Your ignorance and illiteracy stinks to high heavens. Check the number of candidates that gain admission into universities each year and tell me if Imo has not been coming tops. Also check the state with the highest number of undergraduates and graduates in the civil service and tell me if records does not prove that Imo is by far the number one state. Even literacy rates among Imo indigenes can be compared to that of advanced countries, so stop hating and continue playing your Perrin catch up game which even in the next 100 years you will never get to the level of Imo tongue embarassed tongue tongue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by rickyrex(m): 6:39am On Jun 30, 2018
tollyboy5:

Bros it can't happen like that its only when people want to get benefit from Lagos they'll start preaching about scrapping state of indigene. we've tried that shouldn't start with us I go to others states in Nigeria and I'm been cleared that I'm not an indigene but when it comes to my state we are now all indigenes abi? undecided
bros nah state university dey do that rubbish. Fed uni don't do indigene poo
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Teymanhenry(f): 6:54am On Jun 30, 2018
I think states like Nasarawa ,Ekiti and Ebonyi have d highest population of Janbites.Not just by numbers but by percentage of people in the States. Because these are the smallest States n with d least population. Surprised they r up there in numbs
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by BreakupNigeria: 7:00am On Jun 30, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
before you spin and twist as usual here is the figures per region
South west region =3,918, 66
South east region= 3 ,062,48.
Stop being smart by half, if you want to go tribal, then add Igbos in Delta and Rivers, you may also add yorubas from Kogi and Kwara and you will still discover that Igbos will come tops tongue

1 Like

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by BreakupNigeria: 7:07am On Jun 30, 2018
salt1:

Great analysis!

Yoruba population is about 42m courtesy of the polygamy being practised among Yoruba Muslims . Igbos number 30m. I think relative to each tribe's composition, the records are encouraging.

The group I feel proudest of is Bayelsa. With less than 500,000 registered voters, they presented nearly 20,000 candidates for JAMB. The literacy level in that tiny state with very low population is out of this world
Where did you get your statistics that yorubas number 42 million and Igbos 30 million from??
You shouldn't be proud of Bayelsa because they are way down the table, almost at the bottom, a place reserved for Northern states shocked shocked Your line of defense that Bayelsa has a small population does not hold water because Ekiti and Ebonyi equally have small population but they are way doing relatively much better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Basic123: 7:11am On Jun 30, 2018
iaamxavier:
IGBOS be making us proud
Even dating back to the war We still gain our Ground Where are the sophisticated ones? grin grin
Are you blind? grin
when 4 of Yoruba states are in the top 10 and 3 in the top 4.
why are IGBO deluded like this for God sake!

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Welrez(m): 7:12am On Jun 30, 2018
Teeisaac:
Bayelsa boy no like sch .na our oyel Dem go dey shout up$down
You are not smart, my friend. Bayelsa is the least populated state in Nigeria with just eight local government areas, which means we can't compete with highly populated states in terms of JAMB enrolment except people have stopped enrolling for JAMB. I think we should be judged based on performance, and I can bet you we will come out among the top ten at the end of the day. What I am saying is this: Please judge us based on quality and not quantity. Shalom.
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by perdollar(m): 7:12am On Jun 30, 2018
tollyboy5:

so when filling jamb form you type state of origin Niger state abi? undecided weldone sir! but that's not how its been done Lagos indigenes are least in south west no matter where they reside but well educated
receive sense in allahu Akbar n stop deviating. I repeat, a 3rd of d candidates in SW r Igbo's in addition nearly half from north r igbos.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by toyosi15(m): 7:13am On Jun 30, 2018
iaamxavier:
IGBOS be making us proud

We still gain our Ground
mugu.....go learn more about the Biafra war and how they died like chicken
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by femmy2010(m): 7:14am On Jun 30, 2018
iaamxavier:
IGBOS be making us proud

We still gain our Ground

Must everything be about tribe and religion in Nigeria ?
A list was posted and that is it .

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

www.dudzmobility.com/inventory to view our available vehicles
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by perdollar(m): 7:15am On Jun 30, 2018
Welrez:
You are not smart, my friend. Bayelsa is the least populated state in Nigeria with just eight local government areas, which means we can't compete with highly populated states in terms of JAMB enrolment except people have stopped enrolling for JAMB. I think we should be judged based on performance, and I can bet you we will come out among the top ten at the end of the day. What I am saying is this: Please judge us based on quality and not quantity. Shalom.
u r absolutely ryt. I think dey should use applicants to total population ratio DT WL b better.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by emezuo17: 7:15am On Jun 30, 2018
XVIER:
.that is very very wrong, imo state has always had the highest number of both entries to write and admission into higher institutions than other states, even now they have overtaken ekiti as the highest with professors, stop hating iam not from imo state though, but the truth is the truth

1 Like

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Basic123: 7:17am On Jun 30, 2018
MrBigiman:

Southerners are Educated, but use that Education to outsmart each other. Imagine 5 Igbo presidential aspirants already.

The North hold no hope for true leadership. Ineffective education breeds ineffective policies.
It's time to take it back from the northern cabals. Fear yorubas too though, they have always colluded with northerner to rip this country. I wonder what their gain is?
They have always colluded?

YOU HAVE A VERY POOR KNOWLEDGE OF HISTORY JUST LIKE YOUR OTHER IGBO BROTHERS.

you are surely pained about 2015 election realignment.IGBO has always been hausa/Fulani Ally in politics since 1959 why Yoruba land is known as hotbed of opposition to you both useless government

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by Welrez(m): 7:22am On Jun 30, 2018
BreakupNigeria:
Where did you get your statistics that yorubas number 42 million and Igbos 30 million from??
You shouldn't be proud of Bayelsa because they are way down the table, almost at the bottom, a place reserved for Northern states shocked shocked Your line of defense that Bayelsa has a small population does not hold water because Ekiti and Ebonyi equally have small population but they are way doing relatively much better.
Enrolment rates fluctuate year in year out. States should be judged based on performance. I am very sure that the Bayelsa at number 31 will not occupy that the same position when results are out. Shalom.
Re: Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME by AreaFada2: 7:24am On Jun 30, 2018
Earthbound:

Talk about low brain usage

You should be asking yourself how many passed without the use of special centers

After listing all 36 states, can somebody please explain the 'others'

Others could be foreigners living in 9ja who are unable to claim any state of origin.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Quick Notice For All Student Looking For Admission Into University Of Ilorin / University Of Jos Post-utme For 2015/2016 Academic Session / Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.