Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words (95210 Views)

Some Changed Names That Cannot Be Forgotten. / Some Changed Names That Cannot Be Forgotten. / Can Someone Please Identify This Stone That Look Like Glass. Pictures Attached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by Icon4s(m): 3:27pm On Jan 20, 2019
Kingwizzy16:
As June ends today may it end with all the bad bad news

Amen

It was when I saw this post that I realized it was a 2018 thread. grin

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by 1Sharon(f): 3:28pm On Jan 20, 2019
dominique:
Bimbo
Ire
Dire

If you live in the west, bearing Bimbo is kinda embarrassing

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by fantasticone1(m): 3:28pm On Jan 20, 2019
ToyinOlorunsola:
The following Yoruba names do not sound English when pronounced. In their written form, however, they look like English words:
1. Arise
2. Are
3. Ore
4. Shade
5. Desire
6. Kola
7. Wale
8. Akin
9. Ale
10. Dupe
11. Jade
12. Dare
13. Made
14. Joke
15. More
16. Made
17. Bare
18. Bade
19. Awe
20. Mope

Do you any more? Let us share them,
"Sade" not Shade

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by peaceinnigeria: 3:28pm On Jan 20, 2019
Bimbo
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by lordkay10(m): 3:29pm On Jan 20, 2019
ToyinOlorunsola:
The following Yoruba names do not sound English when pronounced. In their written form, however, they look like English words:
1. Arise

How could you leave out Nike? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by Lordave: 3:30pm On Jan 20, 2019
Write the names in full let’s see if they look or sound English

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by 1Sharon(f): 3:30pm On Jan 20, 2019
Titi grin
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by educhigo: 3:32pm On Jan 20, 2019
fayose undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecidedafonja
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by Hermes019: 3:32pm On Jan 20, 2019
SageTravels:

we are still in January, bro

stop copying
Did u look at the date he made that comment

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by balingaonline(m): 3:34pm On Jan 20, 2019
That Yoruba name Desire (arrived at time of fortune) is beared by some people outside Yoruba race even of outside Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by Topmaike007(m): 3:34pm On Jan 20, 2019
So after 7 months post like this could hit fp

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by abudear: 3:35pm On Jan 20, 2019
ToyinOlorunsola:
1. Arise
2. Are
3. Ore
4. Shade
5. Desire
6. Kola
7. Wale
8. Akin
9. Ale
10. Dupe
11. Jade
12. Dare
13. Made
14. Joke
15. More
16. Made
17. Bare
18. Bade
19. Awe
20. Mop

Somefun
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by Pharaoh350s(m): 3:35pm On Jan 20, 2019
Not forgetting ,
Olaniye (meaning useless son in Igbo)
Olafe (meaning wasted child in Igbo)

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by Babaalawo: 3:37pm On Jan 20, 2019
Were(mad) grin
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by NLbully(m): 3:37pm On Jan 20, 2019
Abbey
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by IYANGBALI: 3:38pm On Jan 20, 2019
The list is incomplete without iyangbali, babangbali, notorious babe, enemy of progress and enenemy of peace
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by tooth4tooth: 3:39pm On Jan 20, 2019
FortifiedCity:

Checks the date this post was created before you insult someone
Am not referring to the date bro,but the relevance of his statement to the topic. That guy don high grin grin
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by daroz(m): 3:44pm On Jan 20, 2019
KINGwax007:
that's a lie. The names or words doesn't and wouldn't sound English. It's the written aspect that looks like English word.

Just joking grin grin you're right
Why didn’t you read and understand before you comment?
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by highpriestess: 3:46pm On Jan 20, 2019
Ramotu
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by tooth4tooth: 3:47pm On Jan 20, 2019
kalvoken:

This is why you are yet to pass jamb. grin grin grin
Na joke o

The joke is on you. Don't judge unless you have heard his opinion.
It is worth the joke cos his statement has not connection to the topic.So am free to judge.

It is like the case of a lady asking for people's opinion concerning her marriage on this forum and someone started discussing politics undecided undecided

You don't expect me to take that person serious cheesy
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by hardeholar1(m): 3:48pm On Jan 20, 2019
De si re - Desire

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by neonly: 3:48pm On Jan 20, 2019
Nike
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by perdollar(m): 3:50pm On Jan 20, 2019
bobrisky, bisi
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by justtruth88miSt(f): 3:51pm On Jan 20, 2019
[[s]quote author=dyadeleye post=68959805]fore
funmi
kumbi
joke

[/quote][/s]
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by SheikhMuniru(m): 3:52pm On Jan 20, 2019
ToyinOlorunsola:
1. Arise
2. Are
3. Ore
4. Shade
5. Desire
6. Kola
7. Wale
8. Akin
9. Ale
10. Dupe
11. Jade
12. Dare
13. Made
14. Joke
15. More
16. Made
17. Bare
18. Bade
19. Awe
20. Mope

BUHARI IS A YORUBA NAME THAT HAS MEANING IN OXFORD DICTIONARY, THE MEANING IS "THE LIFELESS ONE"

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by husbandsnatcha(f): 3:53pm On Jan 20, 2019
Otuola or olaotu cheesy undecided

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by Baddiezz(f): 3:54pm On Jan 20, 2019
donprinyo:
Low self esteem. Nonsense
sharrap. y'all take everything too seriously

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by adeyemot140(m): 3:55pm On Jan 20, 2019
asake,arike �
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by uuzba(m): 3:56pm On Jan 20, 2019
Feranchek:
I've always thought names like Cletus, Sixtus, Fidelis, and co, were Ibo names oooo
Those are either Latin or Greek names from Rome
Pegasus, Maximus, Optimus, Gallactus, Romanus,
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by Shegzy8(m): 3:59pm On Jan 20, 2019
Guys I'm really in need of help..I've got some pressing issues I have to attend to and its so urgent...i'm really in need...I reside in osun state...I really need opportunities to raise this money and I am ready to work for it...please if you live in osun or around you can call me...if you have any way you can help, or opportunities in which I can use to raise it before February 5th...I got laid off at work and no means or source of livelihood.... Its life and death...its an emergency please...08108669224
Re: Yoruba Names That Look Like English Words by KINGwax007(m): 3:59pm On Jan 20, 2019
daroz:

Why didn’t you read and understand before you comment?
u should understand before you criticize. That was a mere joke and you're having orgasm over it already?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) / All Nigeria Newspaper Headlines In One Place / How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.