Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks (27159 Views)

Tunde Opeibi Was Unjustly Denied A Scholarship As An Undergraduate: But... / I Finally Received My 10,000 Grant From Federal Government / Update On Lydia Lawal: The Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by Letenwam: 5:01pm On Jun 30, 2018
A Nigerian lady who was handed her expulsion letter from Federal University Lokoja few days ago, has narrated what really led to the incident on Twitter. 

According to the lady who disclosed that she is an orphan, her journey to getting expelled started after an examination leakage where some students were alleged to have bought questions from a driver.

Twitter user @yoitslegit who shared the story on behalf of the Federal University Lokoja student identified as Lydia Lawal, wrote;

My name is Lydia Lawal, I studied Economics at Federal University lokoja. After 4 years of blood and sweat my university handed me an expulsion letter unjustly. Please I want all well meaning Nigerians to help share my story till we get justice.

I gained admission to Federal University lokoja in 2013, as an orphan I had to work in Lagos during the long vacations to pay my school fees. And from my first semester to 400 level first semester I was on second class upper with a 4 point cgpa.

The issue that led to the expulsion of 13 students in my class started during my final exams when there was an alleged examination leakage where some students were said to have bought questions from a driver.

I happened to be the departmental president at the time of the crises and I was called by my head of department to answer some with less than a week's notice. The university management refused to release the result of the new exam, refused to convok my department with others and didn't mobilize us for NYSC.

I was shocked that after almost 9months the university management called 13 of us which includes the best student in my class with a cgpa of 4.9 to come and pick up an expulsion letter, and our names pasted all over the school as expelled students.

The Vice chancellor claims that as long as you were invited to the exam malpractice committee, then it's enough reason to believe one is involved.Please I am asking for an human right activist to take up our case. Please I cannot afford the services of a lawyer. Please don't let this injustice be swept under carpet , we believe they are playing politics with our lives

https://lailasnews.com/lady-shares-story-behind-her-unjust-expulsion-from-federal-university-lokoja/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by kestolove95(m): 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2018
Is dix one university?

9 Likes

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 7:04pm On Jun 30, 2018
kestolove95:
Is dix one university?
Abeg Na Wetin??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by greatman247(m): 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2018
What a joke of a university. I guess this is a glorified secondary school. If indeed there was no investigation prior to the expulsion. How can a VC say as long as anyone is invited it implies such student is involved? I guess the school was suppose to do their due diligence and not dwell on assumptions. I no blame them at all. A good school authority is not suppose to dwelling on assumptions. Like YAYA BELLO LIKE THE VC. Bunch of jokers. grin grin

MODIFIED:

Okay I agreed with everyone that corrected me. It was an error on my part. I never saw the word "Federal" before posting, now I do and I agreed with you all.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by massinola(m): 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2018
Nawaaaa

2 Likes

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by s3tt1ngz003: 9:46pm On Jun 30, 2018
Apart from the fact that the English is so poor, I find it very difficult to understand the message she's trying to pass across.
Was she blamed for leaking exam question or was she accused of passing the exam beyond imagination...... She has explained nothing in her write up here

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2018
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by jerflakes(m): 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2018
kestolove95:
Is dix one university?

A whole federal university you dey talk like this

14 Likes

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by BOOMnaija(m): 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2018
Ori temi o ni gbabode undecided

5 Likes

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 30, 2018
I'll help you tell my daddy, he's a barber though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by Eliteklaus(m): 9:49pm On Jun 30, 2018
Collective punishment, another attribute of a myopic society

7 Likes

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by Lexusgs430: 9:49pm On Jun 30, 2018
Sorry o....

1 Like

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by allanphash7(m): 9:50pm On Jun 30, 2018
I dont just know what to write here
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by Emekus92(m): 9:50pm On Jun 30, 2018
No evidence against them yet the dead university is taking stupid action.

The main culprit are walking freely while the innocents are paying for the crime.

7 Likes

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 30, 2018
Eeya sorry o
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by Timekeeper: 9:51pm On Jun 30, 2018
If you think this is buhari's fault, click like, if not click share

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by linkers: 9:51pm On Jun 30, 2018
Let us hear from the university, their own side of the story before helping you. Thank me later

3 Likes

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by maxiuc(m): 9:51pm On Jun 30, 2018
cheesy
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by paulGrundy(m): 9:52pm On Jun 30, 2018
she should take the case to ministry of justice at Aluasa Lagos state. they will intervene in her case, and if her case is appealing enough, a lawyer will be given to her free of charge.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by UTMOST10(m): 9:54pm On Jun 30, 2018
Comment reserved
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 30, 2018
This is SAD. Well, there are two sides of a coin. We need to hear out the secondary school University.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by goshen26: 9:54pm On Jun 30, 2018
kestolove95:
Is dix one university?

No, na secondary school...lol

1 Like

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by harjayi(m): 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2018
so sad
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by ALAYORMII: 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2018
Is there anything like justice in Nigeria??

2 Likes

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2018
Timekeeper:

Kindly Click Like to pass a Message to this Guy that he needs to Start Making use of His Brain.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2018
Timekeeper:

Wetin concern agbero with overload

3 Likes

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2018
Was she involved in the exam questions "buying"?

What was the findings of the panel against the accused?
Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by crafteck(m): 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2018
s3tt1ngz003:
Apart from the fact that the English is so poor, I find it very difficult to understand the message she's trying to pass across.
Was she blamed for leaking exam question or what she accused of passing the exam beyond imagination...... She has explained nothing in her write up here

Correct your english

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by DollarBuddy: 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2018
Letenwam:
A Nigerian lady who was handed her expulsion letter from Federal University Lokoja few days ago, has narrated what really led to the incident on Twitter. 

According to the lady who disclosed that she is an orphan, her journey to getting expelled started after an examination leakage where some students were alleged to have bought questions from a driver.

Twitter user @yoitslegit who shared the story on behalf of the Federal University Lokoja student identified as Lydia Lawal, wrote;

My name is Lydia Lawal, I studied Economics at Federal University lokoja. After 4 years of blood and sweat my university handed me an expulsion letter unjustly. Please I want all well meaning Nigerians to help share my story till we get justice.

I gained admission to Federal University lokoja in 2013, as an orphan I had to work in Lagos during the long vacations to pay my school fees. And from my first semester to 400 level first semester I was on second class upper with a 4 point cgpa.

The issue that led to the expulsion of 13 students in my class started during my final exams when there was an alleged examination leakage where some students were said to have bought questions from a driver.

I happened to be the departmental president at the time of the crises and I was called by my head of department to answer some with less than a week's notice. The university management refused to release the result of the new exam, refused to convok my department with others and didn't mobilize us for NYSC.

I was shocked that after almost 9months the university management called 13 of us which includes the best student in my class with a cgpa of 4.9 to come and pick up an expulsion letter, and our names pasted all over the school as expelled students.

The Vice chancellor claims that as long as you were invited to the exam malpractice committee, then it's enough reason to believe one is involved.Please I am asking for an human right activist to take up our case. Please I cannot afford the services of a lawyer. Please don't let this injustice be swept under carpet , we believe they are playing politics with our lives

https://lailasnews.com/lady-shares-story-behind-her-unjust-expulsion-from-federal-university-lokoja/

My fiancee finished from the Federal University LOKOJA (FUL) and I used to visit her almost every week. Satoof hotels and Halims Hotels just close to Ganaja junction used to be where I lodged during my visits.

I attended the said convocation at their permanent site in Felele and truly Economics Department were not part of those who were allowed to partake in the convocation.

Eyaa, I pity this girl o. Probably Human Rights activists should pick up this case from there. This girl is innocent a d shouldn't be allowed to suffer for another man's sins �

17 Likes

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by joudini(m): 9:57pm On Jun 30, 2018
Damn. It is fair to assume that this narration is from a side of the event and might not cover full disclosure.

In my Uni, there was a running joke that once you are called to exam malpractice panel, just withdraw, because you will most likely be expelled.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by Aplaudez(m): 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2018
who service elp

1 Like

Re: Lady Expelled From Federal University Lokoja Unjustly Speaks by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2018
Leyin odun merin, e better make person no kuku go d school

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTO: Young Girl Rejected By Catholic School For Refusing To Shave Her Hair / 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session / Sanwo-Olu Commissions Nigeria's Largest Student Arcade In LASU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.