Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,504 members, 7,808,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Depression In Nigeria: Why You Need Not To Quit. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Depression In Nigeria: Why You Need Not To Quit. (478 Views)

What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot / I Want To Quit Friends & Social Media Because Of Too Much Of Financial Begging / How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Depression In Nigeria: Why You Need Not To Quit. by micronut(m): 6:51pm On Jun 30, 2018
A female friend asked on her Facebook page that "how many people have attempted committing suicide before and the responses I read shocked me".

About 60% of the respondents have actually attempted to quit this world at one time or the other.. Wow!!!

Very strange! My mini random data showed that the reasons why most are unhappy are mostly financial and emotional (Usually Relationship and family matters).

For those with financial reasons, some couldn’t afford what they wish and compare themselves to others, and feel like "Why Me". Some wanna leave because they feel life hasn’t been fair.

Then I was forced to ask, who has ever had it fair and fine? Even the rich cries. In fact they weep in corridors. So, what’s now the stress?

But then the question is this - what should you live for?
Why should you see your barrenness, relationship failures, Joblessness, Financial Predicaments, health challenge and many of those life challenges as parts of life travails..

See, Whoever promised you an itch free life is surely not your maker, as the scripture even said, you will be tried but you will overcome..

So, live, for there is a next time. To quit is the greatest tragedy of existence to face the unknown. You are only leaving for uncertainties.

Oh, I wish I can explain this with Islamic perspective that this life is really not ours, rather a fitnah – problem filled.. So why should you quit?

See Why you should stay..

1. Because there are always better days. If you ask those living well today, you will cry when you listen to their stories. If movies can make you cry, then I wonder what many of you will go through when reality stares.

2. Because you are not alone. I was shocked when I heard the general overseer of a popular church just had his first child decades after marriage. This is a man of God praying for others o. God is great. So, who are you? Keep praying and hoping.

3. Because there is Hope: A funny Yoruba adage says, “it is because we don’t know what a pregnant today will give birth to, tomorrow, that’s why many of us are still living”.. Lol! Funny as it is, but it is just the fact. Hope is the only reason for being patient, for the next hour. Funnily, Hope is a rich reward because it is sometimes loaded with tons of unbelievable events, so why don’t you hold on.

4. Because you are important to people around. You see, seeing you around is a source of happiness to your love ones. So when you wanna quit, think of people that hold you in high esteem.

On the friend's post, a dude said something funny. He said, why will I Kill myself? Me that I’m the only son of my family, even if na garri and sugar, i no dey go anywhere o.. .lol . You can imagine! I called him star ★ boy.. Lol! I you don’t know your worth, you are subjected to abuse of Identification. You are what you call yourself abeg…

5. Look Around and see your true place Finally, if you think why my own come be like this, visit places, go out. My spiritual father once said that "no matter what, you are someone’s somewhere wish – to be like".

Everyday, someone somewhere says, How I was to be like this person.

The man trekking is looking up to the man in Car or on bike, the man on wheelchair wish he will one day stand and walk freely. He wish he could trek miles and run.

While the bedridden hopes he could one day be wheeled atleast. To leave the bed. You see why you need to be happy and be hopeful for tomorrow Lol…Be strong people.

Personally I want to grow up with tougher mind to face life. So, I have never attempted to end it.. Let us die naturally.

How do I do it? I find comfort in the future that I don’t know. I just know there is a better tomorrow. Even now, my greatest hope as a man is that there is always a better day ahead. I try to seek the face of the lord for grave and heavenly reward and sometimes forget worldly things. It works most time.

If you cry that you have no shoe to wear, think of many that can’t even walk. Be grateful.

Work on your down moments. Pray too..

I just wish to Drop this Here.

Read more here

http://naijalocals.com.ng/2018/06/19/depression-in-nigeria-why-you-need-not-to-quit/

Re: Depression In Nigeria: Why You Need Not To Quit. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 30, 2018
If it is the destiny of all mortals to die, then why delay the date ? Why were the mortals created, just to die ? Some farmers have rabbit farms and the rabbits think they have freedom, but they dont know, that some how, some day, they will end up on the butcher's table. So, what ever a rabbit does, he is just waiting for the eventual date.

Earth is a Human farm, where Creator's Spirit was captured and crucified on the cross of mortality, and the Spirit feels it is not okay on this dense place and feel a longing to go back home. But then, the farming Gods, have set up a Spirit trap and religions to capture those who have not debugged their consciousness of the virus programs called religions, and back they come, to the wheel of reincarnation.

My advise is not that you do not kill yourself, my advise is that even in death, you are not free from reincarnation. Live for the reason of searching for why God is not your friend, and why he is living because you give up what you are. When you know what you are, you will be upset with the Gods.

Ofcourse, many will live a lifetime not understanding the meaning of the above, but the few who understand will be free even at suicide, cos they must have escaped the Wheels of Time and Reincarnation.

Fear not, depression comes because we sort to have what we can not take away, just focus on what you can take away, and it is called knowledge of WHAT you are. You are NOT your Body.

Live long enough to find out what you are. Suicide is yet another trap.
Re: Depression In Nigeria: Why You Need Not To Quit. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 03, 2018
Re: Depression In Nigeria: Why You Need Not To Quit. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 03, 2018
ophy:

I'm always "wowed" by your cosmic insights.
Who are you?

Sometimes I am running on the Human OS other times the Higher Self takes over when I swim on a Cosmic level of Consciousness.
Re: Depression In Nigeria: Why You Need Not To Quit. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 03, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Iphone Smatch Proof / See Igbo Lady Who Strongly Supports President Muhammadu Buhari For 2019 / 10.2kva LF Online UPS For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.