Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

You Are A Saint Through Christ. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Are A Saint Through Christ. (5877 Views)

GCK Live In Lome, Togo: Abundant Life Through Christ / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ / Saint Dikeji Miyerijesu Receives Lexus Jeep As Birthday Gift From Church Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by GreatManBee: 11:46am On Jul 01, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the SAINTS which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus(Ephe 1:1.

Dear Father thank you for your "eternal truth" which is your power unto salvation. I pray as we believe may you confirmed it in our lives. Amen!

God has made us saints through Christ. We're the saints of God through Christ Jesus. You don't need to be canonized by mortal men before you could be a saint. You don't need to die before you can become a saint.

Believers in Christ Jesus are saints. While those who have not yet believe in Him can also become saints through simple faith in Christ Jesus. Our good works cannot make us saints, neither can our puny effort do. Jesus is the author of our sainthood. In Him all humanity have a chance to become saints of God.

It is foolishness to believe that the puny declaration of men can establish someone as a saint. Say no to the doctrine of men.
Say no to the deceit and lies of the devil.

Keep believing and keep winning! Peace!
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by eagleonearth(m): 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2018
Imustreturn:
lol. U just said same thing.
Once your washed in his blood ur a saint. Would u want to go back to lose your saint hood? That's the example I gave and same thing u said bro..

Our utmost aim is making Heaven... That's it
ok
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by Goshen360(m): 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2018
Short but great or powerful message. This is the type of message we need in the body of Christ. However, kudos n shout out to my friend and brother from another mother, MutteyLaff.... for shedding more light for proper undering. We're one citizen under God.
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by Ramos16(m): 12:42pm On Jul 01, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

First you dash to a good bible concordance to find the meaning of the original greek or aramaic word used there in the bible
and thereafter, gain the proper understanding of word, in doubt of its real meaning

I am in absolute confusion right now
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by Ramos16(m): 12:45pm On Jul 01, 2018
oluwaahmed:

You are not wiser than the Saints of old who spread the gospel to gentiles like us. In Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Anglican, Oriental Orthodox, and Lutheran doctrine, all of their faithful deceased in Heaven are considered to be saints, but some are considered worthy of greater honor or emulation,official ecclesiastical recognition, and consequently veneration, is given to some saints through the process of canonization in the Catholic Church or glorification in the Eastern Orthodox Church.
N/B- the eastern orthodox church is the oldest church in the world. It comprise churches set up by apostles Paul, Barnabas and other evangelical apostles who missioned in Greece, Mesopotamia and Anthioc, middle-east and Africa. The Ethiopian orthodox church also believes this. My question to modern day Pentecostals is where they get their knowledge of the word from? U can tell me it's only divinely inspired bcoz even Jesus 12 apostles did not understand about Christ even though they stayed with him. Sometimes u need the wisdom of someone to break down the scriptures for you, not only following literal writings which have been translated many times into different languages before eventually reaching English.
The height of foolishness is using the Bible compiled by orthodox to base your Pentecostal beliefs

You are wise and great.
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:02pm On Jul 01, 2018
kayuseful:

Not so sir/ma
A saint is anyone who has been sanctified by the blood of Jesus once and for all
not some morally upright walking folks
Dont get me wrong, walking upright is the norm for all saints (those washed), but walking upright does not make you a saint of God

Beautiful! gloriously put.
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:06pm On Jul 01, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Teach brother.
I wonder, whether or not, self-professed catholics,
the likes of
Ubenedictus, 9inches, Syncan, italo etcetera agree to the emboldened up there
and accept that believers dont need to be canonized or formally recognized as biblical saints

As we have worn the likeness of the man who was made from the dust of the earth,
we will also wear the likeness of the man who came from heaven.

- 1 Corinthians 15:49

The biblical meaning of saints means "Set apart"
and implies, a set of people, different and/or distinct, as in, due to, having a likeness of nature with God
and so, set apart from others because of the fact of being special to God

Saints, have swapped the likeness of nature with Adam, for a likeness of nature with God
1 Corinthians 15:49 above, is a future entitlement

Beautiful bro... Our job is to present the truth and the truth will be their judge, if they refuse it.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by olowobaba10: 1:19pm On Jul 01, 2018
MOST PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD INCLUDING THE OP DON'T KNOW THE MEANING OF SAINT.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 01, 2018
Thank you Lord

1 Like

Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:55pm On Jul 01, 2018
TheLoneCitizen:

Dude, what's the meaning of Saint?

A saint is someone who believe in Jesus Christ. God is the One responsible for his sainthood.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by lexy2014: 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2018
Ramos16:

How is that an insult, I rebuked him to not spread lies
when u tell someone 2 shut up, its an insult. If u feel he was telling lies, d best way 2go about it is 2 counter him with d truth. So far u haven't been able 2 prove that d guy is lying
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by Ramos16(m): 2:09pm On Jul 01, 2018
lexy2014:
when u tell someone 2 shut up, its an insult. If u feel he was telling lies, d best way 2go about it is 2 counter him with d truth. So far u haven't been able 2 prove that d guy is lying

It may be an insult by your standards, but not by mine, like I said I was simply asking him not to spew lies. FYI I have proved that he is lying, because he does not know the meaning of the word saint.
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by bloodofthelamb(m): 2:20pm On Jul 01, 2018
kristonium:
This is our heritage as believers in Christ

Definitely our heritage bro.
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by bloodofthelamb(m): 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2018
This is a faithful saying; Christ came into the world to make sinners, saints. Hallelujah!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by lexy2014: 2:50pm On Jul 01, 2018
Ramos16:

It may be an insult by your standards, but not by mine, like I said I was simply asking him not to spew lies. FYI I have proved that he is lying, because he does not know the meaning of the word saint.
u only challenged what he said. I didn't c one place were u talked about who a saint is
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by duality(m): 3:01pm On Jul 01, 2018
kayuseful:

Not so sir/ma
A saint is anyone who has been sanctified by the blood of Jesus once and for all
not some morally upright walking folks
Dont get me wrong, walking upright is the norm for all saints (those washed), but walking upright does not make you a saint of God

what you are saying? If you are a Saint, you must walk upright.. Any attempt to downplay it with simple affirmation, is delusion.
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by Ramos16(m): 3:14pm On Jul 01, 2018
lexy2014:
u only challenged what he said. I didn't c one place were u talked about who a saint is

If someone comes to speak ignorantly, I don't think I have the time to start schooling him/her, and that is why they have been directed to the dictionary, the language in which his Bible is written.
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by RomanticBob: 3:14pm On Jul 01, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the SAINTS which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus(Ephe 1:1.

Dear Father thank you for your "eternal truth" which is your power unto salvation. I pray as we believe may you confirmed it in our lives. Amen!

God has made us saints through Christ. We're the saints of God through Christ Jesus. You don't need to be canonized by mortal men before you could be a saint. You don't need to die before you can become a saint.

Believers in Christ Jesus are saints. While those who have not yet believe in Him can also become saints through simple faith in Christ Jesus. Our good works cannot make us saints, neither can our puny effort do. Jesus is the author of our sainthood. In Him all humanity have a chance to become saints of God.

It is foolishness to believe that the puny declaration of men can establish someone as a saint. Say no to the doctrine of men.

Thanks for this message. I know I am a saint. Thanks again for reminding me. Some don't understand that it is not your righteousness that makes you a saint. The Bible even said our righteousness is like a filthy rag.

Thanks bro again for this powerful reminder.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by pressplay411(m): 3:41pm On Jul 01, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

This is true for anyone who has accepted to carry the cross of Christ. Not just by confessing his lordship but voluntarily releasing their neck to be yoked with Christ.
Every born again disciple of Christ is a Saint.
Cos only then will you accept the will of God over yoir own personal or selfish will. You are indeed set apart to do the will of God.
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by lexy2014: 4:39pm On Jul 01, 2018
Ramos16:

If someone comes to speak ignorantly, I don't think I have the time to start schooling him/her, and that is why they have been directed to the dictionary, the language in which his Bible is written.
if someone speaks ignorantly according 2u, its his ignorance not yours. If u feel strongly about his ignorance 2d point where u tell d person shut up, then u have an obligation 2 provide information as to y d person is ignorant. Cause as far as d constitution is concerned, freedom of speech is still an inalienable right
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by delkuf(m): 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2018
I want to thank the op and every other good Christian that has comment on this thread. God bless you richly. But I want us to look at the context of the word Christ. You said that we become saint by Christ. Now I want to ask childishly, who is Christ. is Christ added to the name of Jesus or it is just another term use to qualify Jesus. please explain
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by AlexRi(f): 4:48pm On Jul 01, 2018
Awesome!
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by Xtianvic(m): 5:21pm On Jul 01, 2018
Ramos16:

Leave that guy to be spewing rubbish from his mouth, I am pretty sure he did not check the dictionary meaning before opening his filthy mouth, all these people always trying to look for religious difference to attacks others on, let him not face his own salvation. Rubbish
what are you even saying? Was Paul writing to dead men in Corinthia colossi and Philippi?
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by Ramos16(m): 5:26pm On Jul 01, 2018
lexy2014:
if someone speaks ignorantly according 2u, its his ignorance not yours. If u feel strongly about his ignorance 2d point where u tell d person shut up, then u have an obligation 2 provide information as to y d person is ignorant. Cause as far as d constitution is concerned, freedom of speech is still an inalienable right

Well, you argument is dumb, I am not infringing on his constitutional right to speak if I ask him to shut up, I am only asking him not to make a fool of himself by writing ignorantly.
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by Ramos16(m): 5:27pm On Jul 01, 2018
Xtianvic:
what are you even saying? Was Paul writing to dead men in Corinthia colossi and Philippi?

Dear sir/ma,

The word Saint is an english word, if Paul was speaking about something else then a different word should be used in the bible, but as far as the word Saint is used in the scripture, the dictionary meaning is what is implied.
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by bloodofthelamb(m): 5:28pm On Jul 01, 2018
RomanticBob:

Thanks for this message. I know I am a saint. Thanks again for reminding me. Some don't understand that it is not your righteousness that makes you a saint. The Bible even said our righteousness is like a filthy rag.

Thanks bro again for this powerful reminder.

Thanks bro. The Lord Jesus Christ is our strength. We shall keep reminding ourselves of who we have become in Christ, as much as we see the day approaching.

Forgetting it is spiritual suicide.
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by lexy2014: 5:44pm On Jul 01, 2018
Ramos16:

Well, you argument is dumb, I am not infringing on his constitutional right to speak if I ask him to shut up, I am only asking him not to make a fool of himself by writing ignorantly.

It takes a lot growing up 2 accept people 4 what they are& not use insultive words cos u don't agree with them.

Am not saying u are infringing on his rights. Am saying d constitution of Nigeria guarantees a person d right 2 speak his mind as long as it isn't libel or an attempt at character assassination. None of his statements breaches any constitutional provision. So when u tell him to shut up, u are simply telling him not 2 exercise his freedom of free speech. If he is fooling himself, its his fooling not yours. If u feel strongly about his ignorance, then correct him from an informed position (if u really are informed). That way, ur knowledge will benefit everyone who reads it. But if u just tell people 2 shut up cos u don't agree with their point of view, then it doesn't show u are better than d person u telling to shut up.
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by Xtianvic(m): 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2018
Ramos16:

Dear sir/ma,

The word Saint is an english word, if Paul was speaking about something else then a different word should be used in the bible, but as far as the word Saint is used in the scripture, the dictionary meaning is what is implied.
to the dead right? Hmmm your logic is excellent
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by Xtianvic(m): 6:06pm On Jul 01, 2018
Ramos16:

Dear sir/ma,

this is amplified bible. Philippians 4

Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2018
Xtianvic:
this is amplified bible. Philippians 4

Thanks brother for that scripture you posted. The truth shall prevail and is prevailing. Amen!
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:42pm On Jul 01, 2018
delkuf:
I want to thank the op and every other good Christian that has comment on this thread. God bless you richly. But I want us to look at the context of the word Christ. You said that we become saint by Christ. Now I want to ask childishly, who is Christ. is Christ added to the name of Jesus or it is just another term use to qualify Jesus. please explain

Christ means the annointed One; an appellation given to Jesus, the Saviour. It is synonymous with the Hebrew word Messiah.
Re: You Are A Saint Through Christ. by HashtagMoniker(m): 8:18am On Jul 02, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Good morning Sir, if I may ask which Church do you attend?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can This Be True (pic) Fish Rain / What Buried The Dinosaurs In Mass Graves? / So Confused:what Is The Difference Between "VISION" And "PROPHECY" ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.